Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

PvE guilds

56 posts in this topic

I know @Outstanding has been planning a fun crafting based guild. Who else has plans to get stuff rolling come release? I've been in contact with a few Nost PvE guilds, and most seem open to rolling here but are waiting for the reports coming from Beta once it starts, and to see how release goes.

Anyone got any plans on running something come release?

I'm hoping to tempt a few RP guilds over from ED and Rebirth as well, so will be making a post with a repository of the RP-PvE guilds on the server once I have some confirmations.

I'm not a guild starter by any means.  Tend to join social/casual guilds.  I'm an altoholic so would look for guilds with similar players I guess :)  Lack of maturity makes me /gquit like the Flash.

Also looking for a social guild, to chat and group sometimes. Not looking for an elitist guild, more like a group of friends.

Yeah, so what I had in mind was a pretty casual guild. Mostly what I would call a levelling guild with no clear plan on end raiding but not writing it off either. Apart from the company the focus was going to be crafting/professions and as people kindly pointed out, the only way that would work is through affiliation with a proper raiding guild.

Essentially if you are going to have a bunch of dedicated crafters and farmers, you'll need a market for it. Having 40+ players as your primary customers with their weekly raid consumable shopping lists brings stability. It means we have marketplace at a fair price without the uncertainty and cut on the AH, and the raiding guild gets to spend more time raiding and less time farming.

What could possibly go wrong? 

Needless to say, I've no intention of actually running the damn guild, last thing I need is more work and responsibility, but I'm happy to share the load. I'm sure there's someone out there that likes the idea and will take on the dear leader burden, or someone who wants to affiliate us into their soon-to-be-announced uber raiding guild.  

It's a bit more complex than that, but people have a short attention span and get bored with my posts.

TL;DR  Guild? Yes, maybe, I like money but love farming more.

I have no plans by now. But probably I will get involved in a sort of social/casual/raiding spanish-speaking guild.

Won't be leading, but I will be looking hard to get in on the ground level. I abhor being just another number to someone's list, or being near the end of a list for gear drops or class items.

I'll have the time to be hardcore while still going slow. Plan on getting all my proffs up as I level. All my secondaries and either Herb/Alch or Mining/Engi

Who knows :p, guessing many guilds will come back if its the new home of Nost PvE players. Hell we might even come back with our guild.

On 29-8-2016 at 9:06 AM, hettar987 said:

Also looking for a social guild, to chat and group sometimes. Not looking for an elitist guild, more like a group of friends.

Could not have said it better.

Hi all. o7

Long time lurker, fresh poster here.

Personally I'd be very interested in joining a premade guild that have most, if not all, elements planned well prior to the launch of the server. Seeing that we're currently several months away from release, it'd give us time to chat up and get to know each other from the very beginning. LF: [Alliance] [EU]

Not interested in leading one, but I'd be happy to help out managing it.

If none could be found, I'd love me a social leveling guild for the occasional 5man and late-night chitchat. :)

On 8/28/2016 at 5:45 PM, Elicas said:

I'm hoping to tempt a few RP guilds over from ED and Rebirth as well, so will be making a post with a repository of the RP-PvE guilds on the server once I have some confirmations.

RP guilds eh? Alliance or Horde? I might not be able to resist if that's the case D:

7 hours ago, cell007 said:

RP guilds eh? Alliance or Horde? I might not be able to resist if that's the case D:

A mix, got contacts with 2 Alliance guilds from Nost and 3 Horde guilds from Nost. They're all undecided until beta starts for obvious reasons.

Was hoping to snag a guild from The Rebirth as well, but the GM is put off by the lack of a RP section and the devs reluctance towards putting one in and have decided to stay on Rebirth.

I've never played on an RP realm, and while I think I understand the concept of RP in WoW (although, I fear this is a very limited understanding), what would a RP guild entail ? Can anyone enlighten me ?

24 minutes ago, hettar987 said:

I've never played on an RP realm, and while I think I understand the concept of RP in WoW (although, I fear this is a very limited understanding), what would a RP guild entail ? Can anyone enlighten me ?

Depends on the guild and the game, as well as what rules the GM's follow. Usually;

• Usually no 'out of character (OOC)' names.
  • RP based around the guild - guild dependent, from light RP like Voro's WPVP guilds to heavy, always 'In Character (IC)' in guild chat guilds.
  • Depending on the guild, they tend to farm dungeons much more than normal guilds due to gathering specific looking items for wearing during RP.
  • Events based again around the guilds RP. A Silver Hand Paladin guild might have an event at Northshire Abbey or Uther's Tomb for example.
  • In 99% of guilds, /guild, /party and /raid are the same as a normal PvP or PvE guild, you usually only RP in /say, unless the group is specifically set up for a RP event.
  • Despite beliefs to the contrary, you don't have to spend all your time IC or always speak with some sort of IC accent to be a RPer.

That's the general gist of things. I've been RPing since MUDs like Legends of Terris back on AOL in the 90's, through DaoC, Everquest, Warhammer Online, SW:TOR and WoW. Generally, you'll never meet a more committed and friendly bunch.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

Depends on the guild and the game, as well as what rules the GM's follow. Usually;

• Usually no 'out of character (OOC)' names.
  • RP based around the guild - guild dependent, from light RP like Voro's WPVP guilds to heavy, always 'In Character (IC)' in guild chat guilds.
  • Depending on the guild, they tend to farm dungeons much more than normal guilds due to gathering specific looking items for wearing during RP.
  • Events based again around the guilds RP. A Silver Hand Paladin guild might have an event at Northshire Abbey or Uther's Tomb for example.
  • In 99% of guilds, /guild, /party and /raid are the same as a normal PvP or PvE guild, you usually only RP in /say, unless the group is specifically set up for a RP event.
  • Despite beliefs to the contrary, you don't have to spend all your time IC or always speak with some sort of IC accent to be a RPer.

That's the general gist of things. I've been RPing since MUDs like Legends of Terris back on AOL in the 90's, through DaoC, Everquest, Warhammer Online, SW:TOR and WoW. Generally, you'll never meet a more committed and friendly bunch.

Hum, sounds like something I kind of do (the light version in fact), that might be interesting to try that ! Thanks !

This talk of RP makes me want to run one of my treasure hunts on Crestfall PvE. Wonder if entering upside down Kara will be bannable...

1 hour ago, DeeMarie said:

This talk of RP makes me want to run one of my treasure hunts on Crestfall PvE. Wonder if entering upside down Kara will be bannable...

Ah, in my guild, back in the time, I used to run a few minor guild events, such as a grand lottery and open PvP in the Gurubashi Arena (that was on a PvE server, before BG). Good times...

On 8/29/2016 at 3:06 AM, hettar987 said:

I'm also looking for this.

~ Shadyhaxx ~

17 minutes ago, Shadyhaxx said:

I'm also looking for this.

~ Shadyhaxx ~

Welcome to the forums by the way !

Getting real excited for the prospect of RP on a PvE server...once the day finally comes...then the hard part will come. Choosing Ally or Horde :P Hell, even good RP events on the server would be fun to have if there are no full, exclusively RP guilds

On 9/13/2016 at 11:38 AM, hettar987 said:

Welcome to the forums by the way !

Thank you and yes I would like to do some RP on a PvE realm. I played on Kronos II and it was fun but personally i'd rather play on a PvE vanilla server these days. 

hey everyone! just joined the forums and really stoked about this server, i plan rolling a NE hunter, which will be a first for me, havent rolled a hunter or a NE on any private server(i usually rolled sham, druid, or lock). 

im on the US east coast, but i play in a very strange time slot, i work security part time overnight on the weekends, and i literally just sit at a desk from 11pm-7am friday nights EST and 7pm-7am saturday nights EST, and this is when i play. i used to raid regularly on a bc server, but since starting trade school and having my first child i dont have the free time at home anymore, so my raiding has been really cut down due to playing at such odd times. 

i have desperately searched for a raid guild that fits my time constraints on multiple servers so far and had no luck. is there any guild out there that are raiding from: 

SATURDAY 3am GMT to 11am GMT 

and/or SATURDAY 11pm GMT to SUNDAY 11am GMT? 

15 hours ago, MardestyGS said:

i have desperately searched for a raid guild that fits my time constraints on multiple servers so far and had no luck. is there any guild out there that are raiding from: 

SATURDAY 3am GMT to 11am GMT 

and/or SATURDAY 11pm GMT to SUNDAY 11am GMT? 

The first sounds more like US raiding times, you're around 5/6 hours behind us?

It's frustrating I know, trying to find a raiding guild that suits times. I can't raid Thurs and Sundays anymore EU times, so I joined a US guild and put up with sucky late nights lol. Maybe consider joining a guild where you like the people and wait for pugs to start rolling round, they usually happen at a weekend.

2 hours ago, DeeMarie said:

The first sounds more like US raiding times, you're around 5/6 hours behind us?

It's frustrating I know, trying to find a raiding guild that suits times. I can't raid Thurs and Sundays anymore EU times, so I joined a US guild and put up with sucky late nights lol. Maybe consider joining a guild where you like the people and wait for pugs to start rolling round, they usually happen at a weekend.

if theyre US raiding times then these US guild are up pretty late lol. in my time its friday night 11pm to saturday 7am, and saturday 7pm to sunday 7am. 

the pug thing is what i did on excalibur, its really inconsistent and most of the groups fail. it also sucks not having much guild support to help with enchants and stuff, because nobody cares about helping a guildie who you dont even raid with lol. 

i dont see many pugs on K2 in my times, mostly 5 and 10 mans and the occasional ZG but i almost never see MC pugs even though its on farm. 

Im waiting for the open beta to hit to decide if it's worth it to play here (currently not playing anywhere, quit retail last winter and last pserver years ago). If things turns out to be good I will definitely roll a priest on Zul'Dare alliance, and will look for a raiding guild of skilled old guys like me with no more than 9 hours/week schedule. Hope that something that suits me will appear eventually :>

Edited by Gry
typos

I'm sure you'll something that will suit your needs Gry,  I'm in the same boat as you.. Having wife and kids greatly limits the time you can play..

But that does not stop me from wanting to see the raid content :)