Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

What was your retail PvE home?

77 posts in this topic

So, I was Alliance on Aggramar (EU PvE) from just before the Dire Maul patch until the end of Naxxramas (WotLK) Guild fell apart waiting for Ulduar release, and my wife and I then transferred off to Alonsus (EU PvE) for Ulduar, before returning to Aggramar and downing LK heroic when our old guild suddenly stabilised. We then faction changed to Horde for Cataclysm, dropping down from 25man HK raiding to a small 10 man team. We quit when the big nerfs hit and with the news of cancelled raid tiers. Came back at the end of Pandaria for the WoD hype, we rolled on Steamwheedle Cartel (EU RP-PvE) which is where my wife still plays today, though I didn't last to the second WoD patch. High Maul was enough for me to see that the game was still not what I wanted.

So where did you guys get your PvE fix on retail? Any Aggramarians from the old days about?

EU Turalyon (PvE). Was Horde, in an obvisouly Alliance favored server :) From retail to mid-BC I'd guess. Good times...

I started on Thunderhorn (EU) release month, played on it for about 9 months all told, raiding in an international guild with a Nordic core.

After badgering some work colleagues to join me in wow, they rolled on a fresh realm at the time they started, Bronzebeard (EU).

I started leveling an "alt" on the side to play with them, long story short I ended up standing on 2 boats and gradually drifted apart from my original guild (mostly raid logging) then joined / formed the core of a guild on Bronzebeard and stayed there till the end of (wow) days. :P

I was able to jump start their progress somewhat since I had already been raiding T1 for a time but it also had the side-effect that I progressed MC twice ... before moving on to higher instances.

Terenas EU (PvE) Alliance. Nice little backwater server with a community that was, well, a community. We had a forum called Terenas Tavern, unofficial, was a good place to hang out.

played on alot of servers since 2004, US and EU ones. But i consider Eonar EU as my home, since i had the most fun there. Taking it slow in a casual guild called "The Lazy Tribe". Good times.

Nordrassil EU (PvE), after a friend rolled alliance there in mid-2006.  Played together through various casual guilds (each one merged into another) and had a great time in late vanilla with levelling (human mage/nelf rogue) and community. We both left for different raiding guilds early in TBC but still did various things together.  I ended up going semi/full hardcore in various guilds over time (most of them ground to a halt from burnout and the changing nature of the game etc.) but got to tackle most content from TBC to MoP (eventually re-uniting in the same guild), before stopping at the WoD prepatch. (she went casual after TBC but carried on into WoD for a while before stopping due to RL)

I also had a bear alt on Moonglade (RP) which I levelled in Cata (ugh) and eventually transferred it over to Nord for engineering goodness. All raiding was done on my enh spacegoat with it's awesome hybrid power, and in Cata/MoP a bunch of raid-like soloing feats too (old raids, current 5-man normals, special mobs, some tank/heal proving ground medals).

Edited by Momonn

Let's see... Always on Hellscream EU,  which was pretty balanced when we started (c.  1.4 I think). 

Played Alliance until I was banned (RL)  by my wife and switched to Horde until TBC with a nice small guild called The Lost Souls. They were in at the start and had a bunch of Undead toons called War,  Death,  Famine and Conquest. Pretty cool huh? 

Back to alliance in TBC with a sexy space goat called Thriller with a fantastic guild called The Cheese 'n Cracker Co. Had mixed emotions with WotLK and cashed out with Cataclysm. 

The Sha'tar EU (RP with a large PvE base) way back in the day. I left half way through Cataclysm.

I came back shortly after WoD (didn't last long lol) but I had moved from the UK to the Southeast US. So I made a home on Stormrage and Area 52.

During my time away my PvE home was playing FFXIV :P Here's a picture someone was kind enough to draw of my character. Have kept it as I really like it lol

Terius_FF14.png

Edited by Adalon

Moonglade EU, from Vanilla to Cataclysm, then quit. (and haven't been back since)

I started with a Dwarf hunter in a nice social guild called The Four Rings then switched to Horde for a Forsaken Rogue and raided in TBC and Wrath always in raiding alliances, United Slackers first then Sworn.

Glad to see more people from the EU RP realms here. I imagine I played against/with a few of you in the shared battlegrounds at some point or another!

Malfurion EU (PvE) from EU release until mid 2010. Never changed server. By the time I quit I had every class up to 80 with every profession at least one at 450. Returned after Christmas last year for 3 months.

The main server I recall playing on is Aman'Thul (Oceanic server). My main was a hunter for a very long time (until start off WotLK approx), then fired up a druid and got him to doing 5 man heroics, as a healer. My most memorable period of playing. After they got rid of the permanent tree form I started a paladin up and had a ball mucking around on that. By this point I had basically all the heirlooms so leveling was pretty much a yawn, and got into my altoholic addiction :) 

Darkmoon Faire RP PvE, not that I knew what RP PvE meant at the time. 

an irl mate of mine started playing on Alonsus so I moved there tho I think this was at the very end of vanilla or beginning of tbc

I played on EU Aggramar, Horde side up to a few months after TBC launched.  Played with one of the top guilds of the server, but eventually real life caught up with me and wanted to play more casual.

From time to time I'd show up again, to help the guild out in any way possible and after the release of Cataclysm I left retail wow for good.

Kind of missing "the good old days" so I want to play on a vanilla PvE server (if I have the time to play, I dont want to run to my corpse 50% of the time) and feel the connection again I once had for the game.

10 hours ago, WingziuM said:

I played on EU Aggramar, Horde side up to a few months after TBC launched.  Played with one of the top guilds of the server, but eventually real life caught up with me and wanted to play more casual.

From time to time I'd show up again, to help the guild out in any way possible and after the release of Cataclysm I left retail wow for good.

Kind of missing "the good old days" so I want to play on a vanilla PvE server (if I have the time to play, I dont want to run to my corpse 50% of the time) and feel the connection again I once had for the game.

Welcome fellow Aggramar homie! I was one of those floating raiders who bounced around a bit Alliance side. Bit of time in Harvesters of Light before jumping over to Final Equilibrium.

I started my first steps on a PvP servers. EU-Agamaggan is where I took my baby steps, Dragonmaw and Ravencrest came later on for more serious raiding. Even though I really hated everything about a PvP server, I had 100% of my friends there so I stayed there for a long time. When cata began, almost everyone had already quitted WoW or migrated elsewhere, I decided to move to a server I like to play more casually, as I basically stopped raiding also. EU-ChamberOfAspects was my first PvE realm and boy there was no turning back, ever. The most recent realm before I quit retailwow was EU-Mazrigos, also a PvE realm.

So uh, I guess I dont have a 'Retail PvE Home', or any kind of a Retail-home at all :) But if I have to pick one, probably the greatest stuff I expecienced was on EU-Agamaggan, as we did a lot of alliance first kills on 10man, like Algalon the Observer (small guild with mostly just finns in it and with ABSOLUTELY no organization whatsoever. Had no raid times, it was just like.... OKLETS GO RAID BOYS WE HAVE 10?!, was always fun to beat them highly egoistic "super-organized" 25man raid guilds, who could not kill algalon10 even with 25man gear =) )

Ah, our raid leader didnt have a flying mount coz he NEVER had more than 10gold, we invited a random warlock from Storm Peaks to our guild, just to summon the raid leader to the ulduar portal :D And the fellow stayed in the guild as long as it was up.

Edited by thimoe

10 hours ago, Elicas said:

Welcome fellow Aggramar homie! I was one of those floating raiders who bounced around a bit Alliance side. Bit of time in Harvesters of Light before jumping over to Final Equilibrium.

I remember Final Equilibrium,  they were also top tier on the server no?   I was a member of the dominion. 

Let's hope we can relive the memories we had on Aggramar here on Zul'Dare :)

37 minutes ago, WingziuM said:

I remember Final Equilibrium,  they were also top tier on the server no?   I was a member of the dominion. 

Let's hope we can relive the memories we had on Aggramar here on Zul'Dare :)

Top Tier yes, we traded places with DPC and One Hundred Heroes a few times, think we finished second behind DPC in Naxx, before Tomas moved us off server and you had the end of Vanilla drama with the move to 25's. I rerolled to Alliance Shaman in TBC and stuck with FE.

I was subscribed since 7/7/7 on a little server called Arathor (EU PvP) and i never left it till a year ago, my uncle and 2 nephews played there since launch, but i was too young to play (8 yo) :/ they all left somwhere during wotlk, i still remember sitting next to my nephew and watching him pvp at the walls of Ahn'Qiraj (dueling filthy alliance). Im also proud my uncle got the first sulfaras in that server :D It was my home for the longest time... but i hope i can bring/make some friends here in the future so that this will be as good or better ^^

Edit: guild was called Legion of Hell

Edited by Nogar

2 hours ago, Nogar said:

I was subscribed since 7/7/7 on a little server called Arathor (EU PvP) and i never left it till a year ago, my uncle and 2 nephews played there since launch, but i was too young to play (8 yo) :/ they all left somwhere during wotlk, i still remember sitting next to my nephew and watching him pvp at the walls of Ahn'Qiraj (dueling filthy alliance). Im also proud my uncle got the first sulfaras in that server :D It was my home for the longest time... but i hope i can bring/make some friends here in the future so that this will be as good or better ^^

Edit: guild was called Legion of Hell

Bring your uncle and nephew to play ;)

6 hours ago, Elicas said:

Bring your uncle and nephew to play ;)

Oh my fucking god i would so love that, thats my dream man :/ but i will only do that if this server is at least a 8/10 since im scared to dissappoint them :S

I already got my 1 out of 2 nephews to play in wod and me and him were dissappointed so... :/

4 hours ago, Nogar said:

Oh my fucking god i would so love that, thats my dream man :/ but i will only do that if this server is at least a 8/10 since im scared to dissappoint them :S

I already got my 1 out of 2 nephews to play in wod and me and him were dissappointed so... :/

You took family members into WoD?

I'd disown you to be honest.

I played on PVP servers so I could play with my friends for most of my retail experience. Vanilla and BC I played Alliance on Burning Blade and Horde on Laughing Skull. In WOTLK I quit playing Horde altogether and just played Alliance on Burning Blade. In Cataclysm I made a compromise with my Horde IRL friends that I would switch to their server if they faction swapped to Alliance so I played all of Cata on Arthas Alliance. I started out MOP on Arthas Alliance but I hated the ganking so much that I realm changed to Stormrage (PVE). I hope I never set foot on a PVP server ever again. I quit retail during MoP and never came back. 

Edited by Dalkri

Started on Nagrand EU PvE server with the obligatory NElf Hunter.

I switched a lot though and have toons on Shattered Halls (EU PvP), The Venture Co (EU RP PvP) and Defias Brotherhood (EU RP PvP).

I played mostly Ally, though my two highest characters were 85 Hordies (lock and a druid) on Defias - shows how easy levelling had become by MoP!