Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

What was your retail PvE home?

77 posts in this topic

EU Dragonblight, Alliance side - that's where I started out. Played in several guilds, then switched to EU Kul Tiras for a while and came back to DB for the Crusade. During Wrath I defected to the Horde and made my home on EU Ghostlands. Been there ever since. Great memories on all servers.

Mannoroth (US PvP) for the Horde! Played there until AQ...Was apart of a couple great guilds for my time there, then I quit the game. I came back a couple times but never raided seriously again.

(US-PVE) Shadowsong and (US-PVE) Echo Isles, EI was probably my favorite.. Played an Orc Rogue named Thantar there.

Malfurion US-PvE (horde) from start of AQ gate campaign up through Cata. Played MoP briefly but it just couldn't hold my attention any more.

I dabble with vanilla servers from time to time but haven't found one to stick with. Here's hoping that changes.

This one's a bit of a doozy, I played with my brother and a cousin when we started in vanilla, and we changed servers basically every expansion until Cata. I don't remember guild names at all but if memory serves, this was the order of my server progression.(Note I had no money so I just rerolled characters when we changed servers, I had nothing worth keeping anyway)

First was US-PVP Crushridge, fairly late Classic, where I learned pretty quickly after I got out into the contested zones that PvP realms weren't for me. Unfortunately we stayed there until sometime in BC, when we moved to US-PVE Kultiras in preparation for raiding in Wrath. Brother and I made characters on US-PVE Fizzcrank just to fool around a bit and, in his words, "see what the least progressed server is like". Mainly on Kultiras still we moved once more during Wrath, and faction changed as well, to US-PVE Turalyon. At this point my cousin went and found his own group and my brother had a rl friend of his raid leading a group on US-PVE Aggramar, so he went there. I followed, choosing to go with brother instead of cousin. Aggramar is where I stayed and currently am. It's been quite a journey, but I don't see myself playing on a server that isn't Aggramar or Turalyon(I leveled 1 character just to remain able to do things with cousin) at this point.

PvE: [US] Eldre Thalas in early 05' when it was brand new, moved to [US] Trollbane w/ my guild when the server split in 07'. 

12 hours ago, Galeidan said:

Played a bit here and there but mostly Bronzebeard EU PvE. Fond memories.

Another one!? First Roadblock and now you :D Guild? To the best of my knowledge (not subscribed anymore) I still have a bunch of toons in Chimera, on Alliance side if it rings any bells?

20 hours ago, Yavannie said:

Another one!? First Roadblock and now you :D Guild? To the best of my knowledge (not subscribed anymore) I still have a bunch of toons in Chimera, on Alliance side if it rings any bells?

Yes it does. I was in Driven back then. If you are that Yavannie that I remember from Bronzebeard. Remember Scholars of Light and Chimera very well.

9 hours ago, Elicas said:

Disappointed not to see more Aggramarians :(

I guess they are still hibernating, master druid

But yes, more Aggramarians would be great :D

3 hours ago, Galeidan said:

Yes it does. I was in Driven back then. If you are that Yavannie that I remember from Bronzebeard. Remember Scholars of Light and Chimera very well.

Well now if that isn't the weirdest coincidence! It's a small world... Certainly is me. My clearest memory of raiding in Driven was Angor being angry about the fact that Leon was going to open AQ, se he forced us to raid BWL instead of farming rep in Silithus. Then they crashed the server when we had Chrom on 2% and he went nuts on vent, haha. Fun times!

Azjol-Nerub EU PvE - Alliance until TBC.

Anachronos / Kul Tiras EU Horde until Cata.

On 18/01/2017 at 11:59 AM, Elicas said:

Disappointed not to see more Aggramarians :(

On 18/01/2017 at 9:56 PM, WingziuM said:

I guess they are still hibernating, master druid

But yes, more Aggramarians would be great :D

Hey

Another Aggramar EU here, horde, I was in The Dominion and we got many server first kills like Nef, Twin Emps, Cthun and Naxx bosses. I became friends with great players from DPC and Final Equilibrium and I was literally spending hours in Ironforge as Horde and no one would attack me because everyone knew me lol. Those were the days.

I started out on alliance side on Earthen Ring-EU RP and moved to Steamwheedle Cartel when they offered the free transfers. Then after some RL disasters I was a bit like the littlest hobo, drifting around between most of the RP servers and also a brief stint om Aggramar, @Elicas in <Cult of the Old Ones>.

After coming back from my accident I found a home in <Ashen Rose Conspiracy> on Argent Dawn but horde this time. 

Edited by Hevra
Spelling

1 hour ago, joelinoo said:

Hey

Another Aggramar EU here, horde, I was in The Dominion and we got many server first kills like Nef, Twin Emps, Cthun and Naxx bosses. I became friends with great players from DPC and Final Equilibrium and I was literally spending hours in Ironforge as Horde and no one would attack me because everyone knew me lol. Those were the days.

Small world..:D I'm also from The Dominion. What character did you play?  

I am Norgalium (mage) 

55 minutes ago, WingziuM said:

Small world..:D I'm also from The Dominion. What character did you play?  

I am Norgalium (mage) 

Haha hey Norg! :)

Wackertirol here, troll shammy. So nice to see someone from the good old days.

59 minutes ago, joelinoo said:

Haha hey Norg! :)

Wackertirol here, troll shammy. So nice to see someone from the good old days.

Yeah, likewise. The good old days were the best I ever had in online gaming. Even tho Vohbo's reign was tough at times,  during raid times I always laughed my ass off.  Except in Naxx. It was usually stress time O.o

Will you be playing here also?  I'm gonna play on Zul'Dare,  Horde side.  But I'm not gonna be playing hardcore anymore. Got a wife and kid now :D

On 8/29/2016 at 10:08 AM, Elicas said:

So, I was Alliance on Aggramar (EU PvE) from just before the Dire Maul patch until the end of Naxxramas (WotLK) Guild fell apart waiting for Ulduar release, and my wife and I then transferred off to Alonsus (EU PvE) for Ulduar, before returning to Aggramar and downing LK heroic when our old guild suddenly stabilised. We then faction changed to Horde for Cataclysm, dropping down from 25man HK raiding to a small 10 man team. We quit when the big nerfs hit and with the news of cancelled raid tiers. Came back at the end of Pandaria for the WoD hype, we rolled on Steamwheedle Cartel (EU RP-PvE) which is where my wife still plays today, though I didn't last to the second WoD patch. High Maul was enough for me to see that the game was still not what I wanted.

So where did you guys get your PvE fix on retail? Any Aggramarians from the old days about?

Oh, you should definitively play on Legion though. The "casual mythic" experience is absolutely amazing [We downed all mythic bosses on Argent Dawn (EU) fairly easily, with just raiding 2-3 times a week].
As long as you don't hold yourself to be within the top 5% concerning Artifact Level, you should be doing fine. :D

I myself started on Gilneas (German PvE, I believe) to roll as a hunter . Played through BC, then after killing Illidan I gave my hunter to my brother and rerolled as a Druid that I've been playing since. Quit throughout Pandarias as I just really didn't like the Panda feel. Was hyped throughout WoD to be disappointed by the severe lack of content and have been actively playing in Legion (some 60-ish days of playtime till the end of december, where I quit my sub due to lack of time).

Reliving those early days w/o Group Finder would just be absolutely amazing. That Crestfall is progressing from Vanilla to BC onward to (maybe) WotLK is absolutely aazing to me. Even the concept of it [deciding whether or not to "upgrade" your character to BC, and continuing your journey] is exactly as I had imagined Blizzard to maybe do it. Just in a sense that it seems very thought through and professional to me.

Generally increadibly happy what I'm seeing here. :)

Edited by Hybris
edit: formatting

Spent most of my time on Eonar EU server.  Playing with some good friends in Torchwood.  We even managed to take down the LK (just).  Do miss my little gnome mage.

I started my adventures about 6 months after the game launched on the realm Alleria (US).
And I have so many wonderful memories during my time there. 'Twas my home base until Cata, and then I transferred to Stormrage (US), and Kul'Tiras (US).
The people on Alleria were a delight, we built a true community there. Everyone KNEW everyone, and if you were 
a rude person, or thief, we knew. You wouldn't get invited to groups/raids/guilds because of it. Your reputation on the server MATTERED.

I still remember the number one thief, his name was Frostfell, I remember picking his voice out in a crowded Ventrillo of 30 people asking " Frostfell, is that you?!"
He immediately left Ventrillo, and the raid. He was on an alt LOL.

I'll also never forget the day I made my first friend on WoW. I was really young, and was still getting used to communicating with others lol...
This hunter named Bluejean, stopped my little baby hunter ( level 16.) All in greys, and whites, and asked " Would you like some gear? I can make you some".
And that started a friendship that lasted up until the end of BC. I lost contact with her after that :(. But I still have fond memories of our journeys together.