Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

Historical raid postings

A blast from the past, so to speak. This link is for the Aggramar Small Guild Alliance board, with a link to their classic boards. ASGA was an alliance of small guilds on Aggramar EU, who would group up to raid and use the board to share boss tactics in order to help each other progress. Some of the bigger guilds on the server would also occasionally lend experienced raiders or raid leaders in order to help the alliance progress. For those new to Vanilla, it gives some excellent insight into what people went through back then. - click here for link.

This is the link to Risens' (Alleria US) archive of vanilla posts. It shows the thoughts, raid updates and progression of a guild getting servers first, and in some cases pushing for world kills (AQ40 & Naxxramas). It also has some very interesting posts regarding boss tuning during the release of those old classic instance. - - click here for link.

Anyone got some great classic links or archives from back in the day? Been trying to find some DnT or Nihilum archives of the earlier stuff, but I've not had much luck.

13 minutes ago, Elicas said:

This is the link to Risens' (Alleria US) archive of vanilla posts. It shows the thoughts, raid updates and progression of a guild getting servers first, and in some cases pushing for world kills (AQ40 & Naxxramas). It also has some very interesting posts regarding boss tuning during the release of those old classic instance. - - click here for link.

I've linked the Blackwing Lair era on a post yesterday on the priest section of the forum if i'm not wrong, it's good to see there are other people still looking at their posts, i read them all probably 4-5 times. I'll try to find something else to share with you guys! Nice Topic :)

Amenti

I still go back and look at the old news every now and then. I like to look back at old wowprogress.com logs and relive the realm first races. I know mostly it's nostalgia, but I really miss those old days.

where Bracelets of Wrath an MC drop in earlier patches? (see the MC 5.01.05) 

neither did set bonus' show on items? thats cool, did you just have to gues and see by stats increase what it actually did?

its also really cool to see these guys being proud about downing bosses legitly and without bug abuse, the mentality nowadays sure is different 

also, whats the 1 hour timer on BWL before ppl got locked out? was that a thing?

Edited by Munin

15 minutes ago, Munin said:

also, whats the 1 hour timer on BWL before ppl got locked out? was that a thing?

From what i read, you had like 1 hour to kill Vael ( more or less, i don't know ), then if you didn't you couldn't go on for the rest of the week. It's similar to the Lich king at the release, where you just had 50 tries if i'm not wrong.

Amenti

You had an hour to kill Vael, the countdown on which began as soon s he was spoken to the first time that reset, if he did not die in that hour, he left the raid instance, you couldn't kill him, and that would lock a gate preventing you from progressing. It was known as the 'gateboss', similar to the 'rosterboss'.

I figured but wow, that could be pretty frustrating.. lol did they end up removing that mechanic or is it simply absent on most servers I played?

I didn't play wotlk or tbc for that matter.. so I wouldn't know about TLK ^_^

Edited by Munin

Munin, tier 2 use to drop in MC before BWL was out. It had generic models before changing them in patch 1.7. Tier 1-2 was also objectively worse then most gear outside raids. As you could see, tier 2 didn't even have bonus sets until BWL. 

Als, yes the lockout was removed in patch 1.8, about 8 months after release of BWL. Before that you had 1 hour or he'd despawn for 12 hours. It was originally 6 day lockout, but guilds HATED that so they changed it to 12 hours. Keep in mind blizzard back in the day were literally testing things on live realms with top end guilds.

LeftOvers Raiding.. ah the memories.

Onyxia's Lair Discussion

Molten Core Summary

Endgame Raid Class Roles :P (some things are bound to get a smile nowadays)

Also

Team Conquest

Inner Sanctum Strategy Guides

Class resources

Priest "A veteran priest's guide to end-game healing"

Deus Molten Core Introduction mostly famous for this "tongue in cheek" comment in the classes section:

Paladins

Your job is to charge into as many mobs as possible and die valiantly.

14 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

snip

I figured as much, a six day lockout is stretching the hardcore lol.. man progressing bwl probably was frustrating at that time

13 hours ago, Elicas said:

700px-Old-new_t2.jpg?version=2763cf54692

wow, that's crazy I never knew that! and I love the old tier 2 sets tbh, they look a bit more "realistic".(psst Munin it's a fantasy game!)

cool! 

Edited by Munin

This item stats on screens from Risen guild :x agility for mage and warlock, alot of spirit for warriors...

That's love :x:x

By the way, what's Dark's / Asura's stance on having the original lock out timer :) - would be great imo.

Posted (edited)

Awesome post!

Does someone knows if this were real items, datamined from some patch or just a fake screenshot? It seems that at some point in the development of AQ these items were going to be included in some loot table (C'Thun probably) I've didn't knew anything about these legendaries, and on the pserver scene hasn't been talk about them either...

The quest item begins a quest that ends supposedly, with this other legendary.

==============

Edit:

I've found info about it, it seems the items were fake.

The "news" appeared on wowguru and partingvisions:

imageview.php?screenshotID=1087&typeID=3

It's said that this image is fake, probably the item was created in a private server at the time, unknown model.

cthunloots.jpg

Some of the items listed as tooltips are real drops datamined at the time, but both legendaries and some other epic are fake, there were 2 reasons at the time to think so:

• There were no spells at time time that matched the proc of the legendary, the +49 attack power and the +13 shadow damage.
  • Eyonix, a GM at the time, indirectly said that there were no legendaries at the time for casters (and the next one will be Atiesh):

94193b8f7ed106bbea68cec4f4c4cfe2.jpg

Other sources:

Lurker Lounge forums.

Edited by HarTstaRx
Found some info about it

Wow @Elicas thanks for the link, I was in ASGA as a member of  <Cult of the Old Ones> and enjoyed my time there. Currently reading the old forums with a bit of a tear in my eye :')

1 hour ago, Hevra said:

Wow @Elicas thanks for the link, I was in ASGA as a member of  <Cult of the Old Ones> and enjoyed my time there. Currently reading the old forums with a bit of a tear in my eye :')

Small world. I was in Final Equilibrium!

I missed all the raids pretty much in vanilla even if i playde vanilla from start. The time in my life dident make it possible to raid so much. I started first to raid in TBC- I want these days back again. I think CF will bring it back someway.

But i do think if blizzard do it right (i dont think they will do it right) they could bring back vanilla with 1.12.1 (talents etc) but modify bosses etc so it actualy are challanging again. They have the manpower and time to do that. I do belive they will bring old content back, but i do belive they do it wrong.