Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SidJr

Holy Paladin PvP Guide.

Introduction!

Sup guys! my name is Sid Jr!, and Il just give a little bit of a backstory of myself for those who don't know who I am.

I'm a 2.4k Holy Paladin from retail. I've played on Feenix from 2011 - 2015. So I've quite alot of experience with all classes on vanilla.

I'm making this guide to help other Holy Paladins out.

Table of Contents!

1. Talents

2. Gearing

3. Macro's

4. Addons/UI

5. Keybinds

Talents!

This is the one and only spec I'd play as holy in PvP.

Holy Tree:

Divine Intellect 5/5: Self Explanatory. Provides more mana.

Spiritual Focus 5/5: Less pushback on cast great for melees

Healing Light 3/3: Increases Holy Light/Flash of Light by 12% really nice!

Consecration 1/1: You can combine this with SotC+Judge+Stun for some decent dps. Or for getting rogues out with r1/

Unyielding Faith 2/2: 10% Chance to reist Fear/Blind/Scatter Shot.

Illumination 5/5: When you get a crit heal, it will return mana equal to the mana spell cost.

Improved Blessing of Wisdom 2/2: I went for this because it's really nice to have for when you run oom.

Divine Favor 1/1: Must have free crit heal returns mana aswell.

Lasting Judgement 1/3: I went for this because you can judge SoW on hunter pet if it attacks you it will return quite some mana. You can change this talent point and put it in "Improved Lay on hands".

Holy Power 5/5: 5% Crit on all of you'r Holy spells.

Holy Shock 1/1: 204/221 Healing or Dmg scales with SP. This talent makes this spec best for Holy Paladin PvP It's a life saver. That's why I choose this spec over 

Protection Tree:

Redoubt 5/5: Increases block chance after a crit good vs melees!

Precision 3/3: I went for this because It's nice to have for when you need to support as dps

Guardian's Fevor 2/2: Self Explanatory 

Toughness 5/5: Less melee damage 

Blessing of Kings 1/1: Increases all stats by 10% 

Improved Hammer of Justice 3/3: Our only cc ability good to reduce the CD

Improved Concentration Aura 2/3: 10% to Resist interrupt spells such as Silence/Kick/Pummel/Earth Shock. You can go 3/3 but 10% is enough. Besides I like 3/3 Imp HoJ.

Gearing!

Pre Raid Bis for PvP my list. I really suggest you do the D2 Quest Chain.

Head

Neck

Shoulders 1. Shoulders 2.

Cloak 1. Cloak 2.

Chest 1. Chest 2.

Wrist 1. Wrist 2.

Hands 1. Hands 2.

Waist 1. Waist 2.

Legs 1. Legs 2.

Boots 1. Boots 2.

Ring 1

Ring 2

*Note select Vanilla database instead of TBC (Top right corner "Version")* 

Macro's

Self Dispel Macro:

/target (ur name here)
/cast Cleanse
/script TargetLastTarget()

Quick Divine Favor:

/script SpellStopCasting()
/cast Divine Favor

Hammer of Justice:

/cast Hammer of Justice(Rank 4)

Self Holy Schock:

/target (ur name here) 
/cast Holy Shock(Rank 3)
/script TargetLastTarget()

Fake Cast Macro:

Addons/UI!

1. !AutoSave: Automatically Saves after you reiceve an item if this server supports .save command

2. !ImprovedErrorFrame: Hides UI errors

3. !OmniCC: Shows CD number on ur bar spells

4. _LazyPig: Has alot of options /lazypig

5. Attack bar: Shows attackbar might be useful for some kiting in between melee swings only if ur pro :D

6. BGFlag: Shows BG Flag Names if you click on them u can target them bindable in keybinds option for example "Target Enemy Flag Carrier" "Targer Friendy Flag Carrier" 

7. BgMap: Improved BGMap

8. BGMinimapPlayerTracker: Shows Players on BG minimap with classcolored/group number

9. BigMinimap: Name says it all

10. Blackframe: All ur Unitframes/Actionbar/bag/Minimap are black

11. BlockProtection: Cancels Divine Protection useful when fcing to remove alot of debuffs. /bp on

12. BuyEmAll: Shift Click on Vendor Item for alot of options to buy mass stacks etc

13. CDFrames: Shows enemy Cd's Really nice to have shows pummel cd etc and doesnt bug out. /cdframes or cdframe

14. ClassicMacros: Github for all information https://github.com/Aviana/ClassicMacros

15. ClassicSnowFall: This addon accelerates key bindings so that their activated on key press down.

16. ClassPortraits: Class Icon in unitframe portraits

17. EnemyBuffTimersVanilla: Name says it 

18. GMail: Improved mailbox addon

19. GryphonsRemover: Removes Gryphon 

20. ImprovedCamera: Really nice to have you can zoom out further

21. LunaUnitFrames: I only use this for raid healing unitframes. Best addon ever made for healers. Has alot of options you can fuck around with

22. Modifiedpowerauras: Designed to give visual or audible cues to the user in response to in-game events, such as gaining buffs or debuffs. Types of cues range from simple texture displays to stack counters, timers to timer bars, and are fully user-configurable. Can be animated or have sounds attached as well.

23. Modui:  A mod for the default ui, adding some quality of life improvements & visual twists with a focus on clean design & light scripting.

24. MoveAnything: Allows you to move UI elements such as Unitframes bars etc!

25. MrPlow: Cleans ur bag space and sorts everything really nice addon to have

26. oCB: Really good cast bar addon has alot of options

27. Rank14losSA:  In pvp, This addon will verbally say *Counterspell* if the enemy is casting Counterspll. or *Bash* if an enemy is using this ability on you. This addon is to help you in pvp, and prepar for tho CCs and counter attack when needed.

28. RogueSpam: Hides Error Messages on the middle

29. SellValue: Sell value of items on mouseover 

30. SuperMacro: Allows more macro command options

31. TheoryCraft: Info about ur stats really good addon to have!

32. URLCopy: Allows you to copy an link ingame 

Addons Download Link Click Me!

8HlTrS1.jpg

Keybinds!

Remember Keybinds are personal but if you have no idea how to keybind Il give you an example

Auras: Alt 1 -6

Itemrack Keybinds:

Trinket 1 Keybind -  G

Trinket 1 Keybind - Shift G

Head Keybind - Ctrl - A

Boots - Z

Offhand - Shift - Z

Rest of the keybinds in my UI Picture

Edited by SidJr

Nice. Personally I preferred the 'paladins should charge into their enemies and die valiantly'  version,  but I'm sure that yours is more relevant. kek

Comment if you have questions and need more tips vs certain classes I might add Engineering table!

Most of the gear you have added wont be in game until AQ/Naxx, you might want to update it :) 

Honestly, I didnt have a lot of time to look at this post last time I commented, this is whats available at launch from what you have posted. Out of this I personally dont agree with head and shoulders, t0 is a lot better for healing in PvP... 

20 hours ago, SidJr said:

More importantly, how did you make it to 2.4k with out using BoF from my experience it is a lot more useful then BoS, also you should probably spend more time on talking about in what situations BoS should be used. Also you can cut everything after Noggenfrogger, they way it is written now you are not specific enough about the situation. Are you fighting with some one or alone? If you were to be using your tips for group fighting they would likely be worse off. 

Tips and Tricks!

Always play objective in BG's. Watch you'r surroundings. In Bg's theres alot of jumps you can do it. Use these jumps to ur advantage when healing. If you're going to use SaC use it on a player that you will know thats going to get attacked. And mostly rogue or mages will scheep u. You can also use SaC on pets but Its risky if they dont get damaged. Swap to auras depending on what fight you're gonna be facing  this can be very handy make sure you binded you'r auras. Make sure you keep buffing targets for example if they go low on mana  use blessing of wisdom etc. It's very handy to use Noggenfogger for bg for making you smaller.  Use the fakecasting macro for fakecasting, If you want to fakecast use a full cast first and see where the target Interrupts. Then use FoL cast and cancel then use Holy shock and  Fake Again. Then go for full cast.  Dont waste too much time faking in Vanilla, Most wont good players wont interrupt u when u're above 90% HP.

Now dont get me wrong I am no expert on PvP and I would really like to see a good guide but as it stands now it is so shit that even a noob like me can spot obvious faults. So please redo the guide, focus less on macros and more on how to play, such as dps rotations and important things to think about vs the different classes. You do that and I can help out with the BiS list. 

and also whats up with your table of content? 

7. Race

8. How to dps?

9. How to heal?

Yeah Il edit it but you need to select Vanilla version in the database if you click on the link. Otherwise it shows the TBC version. Il redo everything but instead Il make a video rather on how to heal/dps. 

Edited by SidJr

As for race dwarf is the best in pvp. 

instantly removing blinds and all wound poison stacks(ie after getting stunlocked) is great. Trying to dispel all those stacks takes valuable time, especially if other dots are on you too.

not that perception is bad. 

tbh, you cant really write a guide on how to heal or dps in PvP, its not a (semi)static rotation like PvE.

cool addons I didnt know half of them :)

Edited by Munin

Yeah it is I dropped it into filedropper didn't know these link would expire Il update it but I have new UI now!:S

On 31.8.2016 at 9:52 PM, Marbo said:

As for race dwarf is the best in pvp. 

instantly removing blinds and all wound poison stacks(ie after getting stunlocked) is great. Trying to dispel all those stacks takes valuable time, especially if other dots are on you too.

not that perception is bad. 

I agree, if you are playing PvP Stoneform is gold. If Divine Shield is on CD and you have to use Blessing of Protection instead a good rogue will Blind you and just wait for the blessing to wear off (both last for 10 seconds). Perception has its uses but Stoneform is far more valuable in this case as you can make restealthing difficult anyway with rank 1 Consecration.

Thanks for uploading, looks great in game. I changed it up a little, but I kept the unit frames the same for the most part as they look perfect. Any way to fix this error though?

1475954373901.jpg

Edited by Svensson

Yeah I added the wrong version of Omni CC. But I'm using shagui rn pm me if you want the settings

I carefully read everything in this guide and i can say it's wrong on so many levels.. But seeing you've been playing in Feenix so long i understand you don't understand anything about vanilla. At least not about paladins. So many things wrong in here and how you have replied to other people just confirms this. Lastly about that 2.4k part.. Nice wintrading there mate!