Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sunflower

Memories of Vanilla

What are some of your favorite memories from retail vanilla way back in the day. They can be anything from getting some nice items or just fishing with your guild anyhting really.

Mine is probably just coming home from school and playing with the long gone rogue 'emelious' who i would quest with for hours and during that time my parents fabreezed the house, so whenever I smell that fabreeze it brings me back to my time with emelious creating characters noodling around in WoW

I remember as a noob some lvl 56 hunter ran me through deadmines and i thought he was the most badass person on the server.

I kept pestering him to run me more dungeons then he contacted my guild master and guild masster said i would be kicked if i kept asking the guy for runs i would be guild kicked,  good times :)

My favorite memory of Vanilla was my first time running BRD. To this day it is still my favorite dungeon. It was also the first dungeon I ever healed (I was an enhancement shammy that respeced because the healer left.). Ever since that day healing has been my favorite role. 

Edited by Dalkri

13 hours ago, Dalkri said:

My favorite memory of Vanilla was my first time running BRD. To this day it is still my favorite dungeon. It was also the first dungeon I ever healed (I was an enhancement shammy that respeced because the healer left.). Ever since that day healing has been my favorite role. 

I agree completely. First time I ventured into BRD was with a full party of real life friends all of which had never done or seen the dungeon before. We got lost for hours and were amazed at the scale and grandeur of it all and to finally beat it was a mighty triumph for us. Nothing compares to your first love.

Edited by DapperGent

My best memory were before the Windfury nerf. When Windfury could proc of a Windfury.

16 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

My best memory were before the Windfury nerf. When Windfury could proc of a Windfury.

Amen

I created an account on Kronos earlier today to have a look at Vanilla so that I might not be as slow when Zul'Dare launches. This is what I saw in the chat first thing after changing the /1 leaving Mulgore:

https://s13.postimg.io/cy7poecv9/Screen_Shot_090416_152158_chat.jpg

Barrens chat cliché: check :D

But one of the few memories I still have of Vanilla are those gorillas in a valley north of Booty Bay. You need to loot 1 (ONE!) quest item from them for some goblin in BB. I probably grinded one or even two levels until I got it. And no, I wasn't able to skin them and make some money along the way...

Edited by Murok

My favorite memory in vanilla was when I was running around on my gnome mage (who never reached level cap, around level 47 I just stopped leveling and only did WSG for some reason, baby me was silly) being asked to make strangers water. I always made them water because I felt like I was a big help to all those people out there who needed food and water, almost like curing world (of warcraft) hunger one toon at a time

35 minutes ago, Murok said:

I created an account on Kronos earlier today to have a look at Vanilla so that I might not be as slow when Zul'Dare launches. This is what I saw in the chat first thing after changing the /1 leaving Mulgore:

https://s13.postimg.io/cy7poecv9/Screen_Shot_090416_152158_chat.jpg

Barrens chat cliché: check :D

The only thing missing is a Chuck Norris joke, then it becomes a true Barrens chat.

Edited by DapperGent

At the start of retail, playing through SFK with a group of RL friends and beating Arugal. Wonderful instance, wonderful feeling :)

First time doing the Onyxia quest chain semi-early vanilla. I was a complete noob Undead Holy Priest and loving it. 

My group decided to do the whole quest chain in one-go, from start to finish. Don't remember how long it took, but it was the most epic one-day journey I had ever attempted in a videogame. 

A Tauren warrior in the group had "Skullflame Shield" - I felt so legit fighting next to him.

Also.
My first raiding guild's first ever pull in Molten Core - Weeks of prepping, 40 man wipe on those golems. 

35 minutes ago, Doktoren said:

Also.
My first raiding guild's first ever pull in Molten Core - Weeks of prepping, 40 man wipe on those golems. 

Indeed, the first time time setting foot in MC and seeing these mountains of Lava giants... *shudders*

I would say first time i enter Ashenvale with my orc Enhancement shaman. I see somthing red, omg and NE. The adrenalin at that moment :P

Logging in. Honestly. That feeling when multiple people whisper you the moment you get on, asking you to come heal a dungeon. Nothing made me happier than the reputation I worked for getting out there.

It's one possible healing weakness, that enjoyment from feeling wanted/needed.

My fondest memory has to be that first day. Having no experience with MMO's at all, creating my very first character, an Orc Warrior named Ugg, spending  an hour customizing him, watching that opening cinematic, and finally being able to explore Durotar was epic. The first thing I did as a noob was run to the Barrens and die immediately :) I could hardly contain my excitement. Once my friend explained to me I had to level up to go there, I couldn't wait to level up and see more of it. Good times.