Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrSusan

[A] <Abyssal> is recruiting all!

128 posts in this topic
On 9/7/2016 at 5:16 PM, Beanlips said:

K, I kind a firgured. Thought I would still say hi. Looks like fun. ?

cheers, maybe we'll pug some dungeons at the very least when the server finally launches. i'll be farming plenty of rend late in the night for felstriker. :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoked all on the applicants, I'm looking forward to playing with you all. Abyssal is going to have a rock solid launch, cheers to leading the Alliance raid progression!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shimmerskin said:

Hey,

Applied for a raider spot on website. 

Mage,

Shimmerskin the Gnoll Slayer. 

 

Welcome and cheers, with your credentials as a Gnoll Slayer we'll be closest to server first Hogger. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I cleared Bounty: Hogger 1/1 in Vanilla. RETAIL. 

Edited by Shimmerskin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shimmerskin said:

Yea I cleared Bounty: Hogger 1/1 in Vanilla. RETAIL. 

We truly are not worthy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised that not many fury wars/rogues are not applying, unless you have a massive reserve hidden Susan :ph34r:

Edited by MadeByRockets
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

Surprised that not many fury wars/rogues are not applying, unless you have a massive reserve hidden Susan :ph34r:

I'm just as baffled as you are. Didn't expect hunters to fill up faster than fury warrior/rogue at all. I'm sure once beta/launch date comes closer more people will come to the server/forums. More people means more warriors and rogues in vanilla. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mage > All. 

 

It pains me how good the Troll Racial Traits are though.. 

5% + Int is nothing to laugh at, but can I play a Gnome for years? (if the server stays around long enough to go to TBC/wrath)

Rep on Humans is delicious.. When do they get 'Everyman for Himself'? Which patch?  

Edit: I found it Everyman for Himself comes out in Patch 3.0.2. 

Edited by Shimmerskin
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shimmerskin said:

Mage > All. 

 

It pains me how good the Troll Racial Traits are though.. 

5% + Int is nothing to laugh at, but can I play a Gnome for years? (if the server stays around long enough to go to TBC/wrath)

Rep on Humans is delicious.. When do they get 'Everyman for Himself'? Which patch?  

Edit: I found it Everyman for Himself comes out in Patch 3.0.2. 

On Classes: Yeah, seeing Mages fill up fast doesn't surprise me one bit at all. As a Rogue there are few classes that induce salt like a Frost Mage. They are amazing at both low and high level PvE/PvP, solo or grouped. Most of the top tier endgame classes in vanilla have weak leveling processes barring Mage. However my salt will substantially reduce from having our guild Mages craft bags early on. Raw cloth will be in very high supply around launch, beyond godlike for tailoring and first aid. :x

On Races: I always look at the Horde racials and get jealous, then I remember they are compensating for a lack of Paladins ;). I don't find the Gnome 5% mana that huge, not enough to beat Humans imo. Perception is huge since everyone is an Undead Rogue on Horde. Any edge you can get against the lords of edge is great. And like you said, rep bonus is huge. It reduces grinding time at endgame and money spent while leveling from rep discounts too. The icing on the cake is if you wanna play Wrath you've got one of the best racials ever. Gnome Escape Artist is lit af for melee classes tho. :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what are people doing while we wait or Crestfall? My good senses tell me to take a break from wow and do other things.. but my lack of patience.. says otherwise. 

 

Messing around on Retail and wanting to play on Vanilla/TBC/Wrath privates but then I have to face the reality that all the grindy stuff that I love to do will be in vain (kinda). 

I guess it's my need/love to max out professions/reps and be really known on the server. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shimmerskin said:

So, what are people doing while we wait or Crestfall? My good senses tell me to take a break from wow and do other things.. but my lack of patience.. says otherwise. 

 

Messing around on Retail and wanting to play on Vanilla/TBC/Wrath privates but then I have to face the reality that all the grindy stuff that I love to do will be in vain (kinda). 

I guess it's my need/love to max out professions/reps and be really known on the server. 

Playing DotA 2 (road to 6k fam), Soul Calibur II, guild site stuff, making my vanilla UI, waiting on Civilization VI to come out in 3 weeks. Also been doing some theory crafting on gear/specs, leveling and end game. Not gonna bother playing WoW retail (hate what retail has become) or private servers. Would rather get a fresh experience, also there's hardly any server even worth playing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soul Calibur II !!! I loved that game! I had Soul Blade for the ps1 and also loved that! You still have it?? Or can it be emulated.. ? 

An idea I've been considering is playing through Warcraft 1,2 and 3 in order.. I plan to read all the quests once Crestfall is up with that nice addon posted around here somewhere!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shimmerskin said:

Soul Calibur II !!! I loved that game! I had Soul Blade for the ps1 and also loved that! You still have it?? Or can it be emulated.. ? 

An idea I've been considering is playing through Warcraft 1,2 and 3 in order.. I plan to read all the quests once Crestfall is up with that nice addon posted around here somewhere!

Both, have Soul Calibur II hard copy on Gamecube but I play it mainly on the Dolphin emulator. You can play it in HD, bumping the graphics beyond the normal capabilities of a Gamecube. But mainly for the netplay, you can play games online using it. The netcode is really good for it as well, it has very minimal lag if there's not that much distance between you and the other player. Voldo best character ever :x. It's easily in my top 10 favorite games, maybe even my favorite fighting game.

Warcraft 1-3 is a good idea as well, can easily keep you busy. Plus it gets you in the mood for WoW, but maybe that's not a good thing since you can't even play Crestfall yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a good chance I have the discs and a ps2 at my parent's place, so next time I visit I'll see if I can play Soul Calibur! 

We keep this post top of the list via chatting! heheh

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just applied for a raider spot. Really stoked to see a guild doing recruitment so early! 

Cannot wait for Crestfall to launch! Thanks for making it worse on me ;)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so I've got a question for you guys: are you all about the best racials possible for classes(ex. Human rogue) or can you be what you want and play. I am personally annoyed with the whole best possible bs because A) There is so much information to capitalize your class that the difference between racials is minor B) The major joke for Vanilla is that you can do raid with half the raid idle and C) This game has been around for over 10 years, can we not get over it? 

 

I am all about min/maxing and being competitive but there is a point where it's futile. Let's say you have 2 rogues with BiS pre AQ, ones a dwarf the other a human. Same sword spec and same gear and the human does 8% better dps in all the fights and tops the meters every time(for argument sake it's every fight). Now the Dwarf is let's say 5th on the meters which is great but the racials are the ONLY difference because, again for argument's sake there equally skilled; they are still the top 5 over the other 10 people in damage--that 8% wouldn't account for the 10 other people. So how can that be a crucial argument NOT to allow the dwarf to PvE because of his racial. 

 

P.S. Doing this on my phone so it might be as in depth as I would be getting into on my computer. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, core202 said:

Just applied for a raider spot. Really stoked to see a guild doing recruitment so early! 

Cannot wait for Crestfall to launch! Thanks for making it worse on me ;)

 

Thanks for the app, the rogues and warriors are finally arriving. We can wait in pain together. xD

 

6 hours ago, Neuf said:

Okay so I've got a question for you guys: are you all about the best racials possible for classes(ex. Human rogue) or can you be what you want and play. I am personally annoyed with the whole best possible bs because A) There is so much information to capitalize your class that the difference between racials is minor B) The major joke for Vanilla is that you can do raid with half the raid idle and C) This game has been around for over 10 years, can we not get over it? 

 

I am all about min/maxing and being competitive but there is a point where it's futile. Let's say you have 2 rogues with BiS pre AQ, ones a dwarf the other a human. Same sword spec and same gear and the human does 8% better dps in all the fights and tops the meters every time(for argument sake it's every fight). Now the Dwarf is let's say 5th on the meters which is great but the racials are the ONLY difference because, again for argument's sake there equally skilled; they are still the top 5 over the other 10 people in damage--that 8% wouldn't account for the 10 other people. So how can that be a crucial argument NOT to allow the dwarf to PvE because of his racial. 

 

P.S. Doing this on my phone so it might be as in depth as I would be getting into on my computer. 

I totally get where you're coming from. I want as few rules and regulations as possible in our guild, so forcing something as small as race choice on a player would not happen. However, I don't want a raid full of Shadow Priests, Ret Paladins and Feral Druids either. If the DPS your pulling is already great (#1 not necessary), you have a good attitude, you are dedicated and you are happy doing content in the guild I don't care about a small % of DPS lost. A trade-off is the Dwarf Rogue would be more useful in our PvP premades compared to the Human, stoneform is no joke. I agree with points A, B and C, I'm a Gnome dagger Rogue who may not even train swords. People will be more dedicated and responsive when they are enjoying themselves. The only time I would be choosy about this is if we had no Dwarf Priests, nobody will doubt the usefulness of fear ward.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an exceptional answer. Now if I only knew if I was going Dwarf or Human Warrior or Pally or Dwarf Priest... ugh

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neuf said:

That's an exceptional answer. Now if I only knew if I was going Dwarf or Human Warrior or Pally or Dwarf Priest... ugh

Cheers, you know where to go when you've got it figured out. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrSusan said:

Cheers, you know where to go when you've got it figured out. ;)

Think I gotter figured :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrSusan said:

However, I don't want a raid full of Feral Druids either.

You sir, pistols at dawn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elicas said:

You sir, pistols at dawn.

Someone brought a cat to a gun fight!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now