Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hussar

Which class? That is the question...

47 posts in this topic

So i've figured out I might create this topic even though it may be WAYYY too early. Just to give people an idea on how this might turn out, also pure curiosity. Personally I'm considering a Warrior or Druid, or anything with a low amount of people playing.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10028532

Edited by hussar

I usually roll holy priest.  Love healing in mmos.  I'm playing around with shaman right now to see if I should go that or stick with what I know.  Also will have to level a dps class (druid or rogue) to support my healer.  I will heal for anyone, pvp or pve... except alliance.

My main was a warlock on retail, but I'm thinking of rolling a druid or shaman for this server. 

Chosen Paladin, as it seems 99% likely that my guild will be rolling Alliance when we make the transition here.

Looking like a Tauren Druid. There's usually a shortfall on Druids owing to the mostly correct perspective that they are not raid viable (at least for those guilds that take raiding very seriously). I've never got a Druid past 35 - when Nost shut down, but I really enjoyed the viability they had in tanking/off-tanking/DPS/healing. It makes it very easy to get into instances regardless of composition. In addition, very viable in BG's and have an end-raiding spec with Resto if I get that far. Did I mention stealthing nodes, bypassing mobs for quick quest results and outlasting elites as well?

I thought of going Paladin at first, because that's what I used to. Now, I've mained Rogue for roughly 6 or 7 years so I decided I'd stick to that.

Also more beneficial to me long term, as I plan to arena on it. But alts are something I look to invest into, probably only one - so that'd be my Paladin.

I would love to play resto shaman as my main and have a hunter or mage for farming. I know people don't like multiboxing which sucks because I have been getting the hang of it and would probably only use 2 characters compared to the 5 I am running now. Farming with a resto sham isnt viable so I will probably level enhance or ele and then change over around the 50's mark to resto. I will have to level another separate character for farming so I can afford all my abilities and mounts in the long run. 

Played warrior in TBC and main tanked cata-WoD, Going to try warrior out in vanilla this time around

@Outstanding

The stealth is why I usually level a druid as a secondary class.  Stealth ore, great bear form farming, and good at running people through dungeons.  Good support for a healing main.  I thought about leveling rogue instead, but druids can do soooo much.

I never got to get kitted out in full Judgement on Nost.

Me and the Paladin class got unfinished business to take care of this go around.

Deciding among Paladin, Warlock, and Priest.  Mained Paladin on retail but never did much serious endgame in Vanilla.  Warlock seems really fun and I've never played a pet class before.  I like healing and Priests seem to always be needed.  Still deciding but rolling Ally for sure.  

Dwarf Priests are very in demand. Warlocks are limited slot in endgame, but still useful.

Paladins are paladins. Not as strong, but still needed for buffs.

Keep in mind, this is an expansion progression.  Your "Warlocks are limited in endgame" in Vanilla turns into "Why would you bring a mage when you could have a warlock instead?" in TBC.

1 minute ago, Darkrasp said:

Keep in mind, this is an expansion progression.  Your "Warlocks are limited in endgame" in Vanilla turns into "Why would you bring a mage when you could have a warlock instead?" in TBC.

Yeah, but that's... over a year away at this point? There won't be a solidified timeline for awhile, I'm sure, but it won't be anytime soon.

Fair enough.  I've never been someone to play more than one character, so for me the initial selection matters more than it does for most, I guess.

16 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Fair enough.  I've never been someone to play more than one character, so for me the initial selection matters more than it does for most, I guess.

I'd love doing that, but given that belfs are locked until next expansion, and DKs are locked until WotLK...

4 hours ago, myrnym said:

I'd love doing that, but given that belfs are locked until next expansion, and DKs are locked until WotLK...

I agree with you both. Thankfully, the game gets increasingly alt-friendly, so you are likely to have ample opportunity to play both your current main and mains from prior experience expansions. 

I will probably sink everything into a main for the duration of vanilla and immediately roll belfadin when BC drops.

2 minutes ago, Dawnstorm said:

I agree with you both. Thankfully, the game gets increasingly alt-friendly, so you are likely to have ample opportunity to play both your current main and mains from prior experience expansions. 

I will probably sink everything into a main for the duration of vanilla and immediately roll belfadin when BC drops.

If I could have a belf DK or horde-paladin, I'd probably run them forever. Alack.

Belfadins are lots of fun, though they really felt subpar compared to the other classes throughout BC. I never really liked running Holy though.

I'm considering running a Warrior in Vanilla / TBC since Vanilla is chock-full of the coolest non-caster weapons ever, but it looks like gearing a tank for raiding is dramatically more work than other roles?

Gearing a tank in Vanilla is always a team effort.  The tank will always complain constantly that they can't farm, they can't afford to respec, and they're only going prot under protest, so they have to be constantly fed gold, consumables, and defaulted any epics they want, or they'll quit the guild.  It's really not a bad racket if you just want to be automatically handed any tanking gear that drops, as well as getting a bunch of free gold, and never having to spend any time farming.

id be a warrior on the pve server

they can farm just fine as a dps spec, and they can aoe farm 6+ mobs at a time in sorrow hill with plate and a 2-hander, at least if their gear is somewhat good

they also do the best raid dps after fire mages in high-end raids

im gonna only use a 2 hander to do dps in instances and raids, even if it isn't the best thing to do; I think 2h fury to be more fun than dw fury, and I also find it fun to pull aggro after the tank as dps while wearing all plate in instances during most of the non-boss pulls without the healer complaining, which the healer rarely does, and I'd also like to finally get my hands on Malown's Slam as well, which I couldn't do on nost since the boss wouldn't spawn

also, windfury totem with a two-hander

Edited by Aquane

You're right. I never complained to the tank when they DPS'd mobs on thrash pulls. I just ignore healing the usual suspects. If they want to compete, fine, just remember my priority list. 

7 hours ago, Outstanding said:

You're right. I never complained to the tank when they DPS'd mobs on thrash pulls. I just ignore healing the usual suspects. If they want to compete, fine, just remember my priority list. 

thats quite the burn, but the latter isn't quite how it works in this case from my experience on nost pve
spamming ww+cleave with enrage usually up while wearing full plate is quite sustainable outside of UBRS(till people get geared) and raids, and you can piercing howl+heal pot out if it gets bad, and if the healer's mana is an issue, the pull would probably wipe anyway; though the extra time spent drinking might slow down the instance more than hitting as hard as 1.5+(2+ with gear) people afraid of AoEing would speed it up, I think its fun

I'm still deciding between Rogue, Hunter, Mage or Warlock. Since I enjoy all, I will just roll what will benefit me/the server most.

Play Undead mage, and specc frost, this is the least played class and specc on any server that ever existed before in pvp.

Its very difficult to play, thats why just a few playing it.

Edited by Brikot

40 minutes ago, Brikot said:

Play Undead mage, and specc frost, this is the least played class and specc on any server that ever existed before in pvp.

Its very difficult to play, thats why just a few playing it.

Just so no clueless newcomer gets mislead by this; this is a troll post.
Undead is the most popular race across factions, and mage the second most popular class.