Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nogar

Dont let the numbers pursuade you from your true calling.

Tl;dr: dont let the alliance population percentage pursuade you from going HORDE, when everyone thinks like that naturaly the balance will have more.

To start things off: the numbers are small and unrepresentative but i think its worth mentioning that it seems a wrong mentality is present in people picking their faction.

If it comes down to statistics there will not be a big devide between horde and alliance, it is these faction percentage numbers that make people make a different choice for the matter of belonging in a big population or just scared of not finding enough "right" people to play with. 

Let me be the one to tell you that there wont be any problem making your own choice in wether to go horde/alliance and that u will find friends in either faction. Follow your own judgement and dont look at the numbers, in doing that you will find the balance you desire and there will be no one-sided community.

Thread im referring to: 

 

Edited by Nogar
Added ref link
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this one is more accurate @Nogar

57% Alliance

43% Horde

Should be about right in the end. 

Just remember that Horde:

Are much cooler looking

Have genuine races with real history

Don't include Paladins

Tend to attract older, more relaxed, helpful and thoughtful players

Have always been hit with the neglect stick by Blizzard so fight against the oppressors. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Elicas

That took you what? A full 8 minutes? Man, you must be slippryyy slipping. Good to see you agreed with all the other parts though:D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tempting really. My fave races are actually Blood Elf (Priest) and Draenei (Shaman), so I have no real ties to picking one side. Either I just play something for fun, or make a secondary character that I can bolster a TBC character with later on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Outstanding, yes, i guess that link is more representative but, my point remains that people should never let the numbers speak for their mind. Just choose whatever you feel good with and count on others to do the same :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nogar said:

Just choose whatever you feel good with and count on others to do the same :)

Unless you're thinking of playing a rogue. If that's the case just don't and leave it to the undead players. 

Just kidding, of course.

In all seriousness, thanks for the post. It made me consider playing a rogue again despite the good chance that it'll be the second most played class. Perhaps I'll just ignore the statistics and simply play whatever I feel like playing (rogue). I always encouraged others to do just that while not being able to do it myself.  Strange, isn't it?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

Unless you're thinking of playing a rogue. If that's the case just don't and leave it to the undead players. 

Just kidding, of course.

In all seriousness, thanks for the post. It made me consider playing a rogue again despite the good chance that it'll be the second most played class. Perhaps I'll just ignore the statistics and simply play whatever I feel like playing (rogue). I always encouraged others to do just that while not being able to do it myself.  Strange, isn't it?

 

Dont dare to leave me on pvp. Stop it! I know polls are about 60:40 pvp:pve but a big part of forum active users are the pve one. ): Just a few familiar faces on pvp @Rhazjel

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Odysseu said:

Dont dare to leave me on pvp. Stop it! I know polls are about 60:40 pvp:pve but a big part of forum active users are the pve one. ): Just a few familiar faces on pvp @Rhazjel

As long as a PVP server is released I'm rolling there. PVE servers just ain't my thing and the only way I would roll on one is if it's my only option. If I can choose a PVP server instead I most certainly will. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely agree Nogar! People should play whatever they feel like playing and never let numbers or whatever it is to decide for them. Unless you're an undead rogue/warlock like Velox said(jk).

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda surprised by the ratios. Assuming CF is still going to be progressive, eventually we'll end up in TBC territory where horde racials are OP.

Still rolling Alliance due to fugliness issues on horde.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the horde route for over a year, but it never stuck as THE side I want to play on. I'll be making my NElf druid, for sure. :)

 

Was quite surprised though with those "will wait on what most people will choose before I decide" responses. It's nice that people want to balance things out though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can all blame my wife for me being Alliance, I was going to originally be rolling a Shaman. ;)

Or blame Asura & co for banning model edits so she can't play a Blood Elf.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elicas said:

You can all blame my wife for me being Alliance, I was going to originally be rolling a Shaman. ;)

Or blame Asura & co for banning model edits so she can't play a Blood Elf.

I don't know why they're banned, same as on Nos, though I'm guessing it's for cheating issues. I like Alliance questing more, but model edit might push some people towards horde.

And maybe you can play shaman in a couple of years :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeeMarie said:

I don't know why they're banned, same as on Nos, though I'm guessing it's for cheating issues. I like Alliance questing more, but model edit might push some people towards horde.

And maybe you can play shaman in a couple of years :)

It's to prevent exploits, like model editing Black Lotus to a Dragon to make it easy to see from a mile off, that sort of thing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure, the only people who can really answer that would be Darkrasp or Asura. I would presume that unless they specifically ok something, it's considered an exploit and bannable. Always err on the side of caution.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2016 at 5:09 PM, Outstanding said:

Just remember that Horde:

Are much cooler looking

Have genuine races with real history

Don't include Paladins

Tend to attract older, more relaxed, helpful and thoughtful players

Have always been hit with the neglect stick by Blizzard so fight against the oppressors. 

Yes.

The Horde may be a collective of random races with different goals, but it only adds RP value. They have to stick together for the sake of everyone.

And there is far more variety than the Alliance which comprises of humans, smaller humans, tiny humans and treehuggers.

Fishing as a Tauren is full chill mode. And kodos are cute.

Don't let the whimpy Light-lovers fool you.

Edited by ilovecats
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilovecats said:

Yes.

The Horde may be a collective of random races with different goals, but it only adds RP value. They have to stick together for the sake of everyone.

And there is far more variety than the Alliance which comprises of humans, smaller humans, tiny humans and treehuggers.

Fishing as a Tauren is full chill mode. And kodos are cute.

Don't let the whimpy Light-lovers fool you.

But Undead and Trolls can be Light-lovers too! I'm a dirty light lover but always felt more at home with the Horde. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is only one single record of a Troll worshipping the same Light that humans do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a lifelong hordie, I saw the ratio and felt bad about my choice. Why would I play horde all this time and then abandon them in this server when it appears horde will be outnumbered? Simple... I've leveled the horde zones too many times and I've only made it to redridge on alliance old world. 

Sorry fellow hordies. I'll be with you in spirit. But I gotta try something that I'm not burnt on lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So alliance will dominate the PVE server? Shocking!! No one saw this coming right? Right!? :P 
Its too bad. I guess the PvP server will slightly favor horde-side as usual. In TBC it will be even worse too! In most TBC pservers there has been huge imbalance, Ares, L4G etc, because of racials and pally seals etc. So prepared to be even more ally-heavy on PvE and Horde-heavy on PvP. I kinda wish something was done about this. People choose race based on racials, its always been like that, why so many played boring humans (especially in wrath with NMFH and +reputation).

 

On 2016-09-07 at 11:16 PM, Adalon said:

But Undead and Trolls can be Light-lovers too! I'm a dirty light lover but always felt more at home with the Horde. 

Trolls are loa-priests actually, not "light-lovers". And their shadowpriests are voodoo masters. Shadow hunters, like Vol'jin, were priests too. And Undeads have been forsaken by the light when they died but now bends it in shadowy corruption. Undeads are lorewise 'the' shadowpriests, not much for holy light. Humans though are the typical light-lovers, both priests and pallies, Church in Stormwind and all that. Its all just gameplay restrictions really, but lorewise horde priests have little to do with the same holy light as human priests.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both attract their own audiences. Either side will always have players. Personally I prefer Horde. Not because it's the inferior and more challenging faction in Classic, but simply because I LIKE the faction. But typically, for Alliance, you have all your newbs or elitists wanting the "better/easier" faction, while with Horde, you have normal players (like me) or other elitists wanting the "weaker/inferior" faction. I can say that as Horde though, that we struggle with many fights that Alliance can breeze. They however basically have no fights that are easier for us, yet harder for them. This means you get more accomplishment out of PvE progression on the Horde. But it's up to you whether or not that means anything. One way or the other, the difference in faction difficulties attract their own players. It's not going to be 100% and 0%. A difference of 6-10% isn't even that noticeable unless you're on PvP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer Horde and if the server turns 60/40 in favour of Alliance, I'd say that's pretty Blizzlike. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2016 at 6:09 PM, Outstanding said:

Tend to attract older, more relaxed, helpful and thoughtful players

From my experiences on private servers (with one exception) they attract mostly kids in first place xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now