Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hypebeast

Greetings from the North

Greetings Crestfall community,

just found out about your little shindig you got going on here, and as I grow more and more tired of the sh!tfest that is Kronos, I am patiently awaiting Crestfalls' birth. Got a few questions for you while we wait:

Ya'll think this is gonna be another Elysium or PlayTBC, overhyped, or another Nostalrius, an epic adventure back to the roots of nostalgia? I have yet to read much about CF as I type this. 

Do you think Blizzard will announce legacy servers at BlizzCon this autumn? Would you join such a project?

Can't wait for this to come out. I hope I will face you filthy hordes in STVietnam, as the Light will send you to where you belong. 

Peace

Welcome to server.

We will never bend our knees to you in those shining armors alliance scum. We are the trolls.

We fight...F O R T H E H O R D E !

Edited by Odysseu

Welcome bruh, We are the best class and make all others jelly. Plus horde are full of disgusting abomination of races so we good 

10 hours ago, Hypebeast said:

Greetings Crestfall community,

just found out about your little shindig you got going on here, and as I grow more and more tired of the sh!tfest that is Kronos, I am patiently awaiting Crestfalls' birth. Got a few questions for you while we wait:

Ya'll think this is gonna be another Elysium or PlayTBC, overhyped, or another Nostalrius, an epic adventure back to the roots of nostalgia? I have yet to read much about CF as I type this. 

Do you think Blizzard will announce legacy servers at BlizzCon this autumn? Would you join such a project?

Can't wait for this to come out. I hope I will face you filthy hordes in STVietnam, as the Light will send you to where you belong. 

Peace

To answer your actual questions....

1. No, this will not be Elysium or PlayTBC. Elysium was not overhyped, it didn't start well and it probably won't end well, but it's a functional MaNGOS server with a decent population and a good community. I don't go for the toxic animosity towards any other competing server, after all, they are keeping people occupied until CF gets released. PlayTBC on the other hand, deserves all the opprobrium it gets. Interestingly, this will not be another Nostalrius, because it too is another MaNGOS core that launched with the usual bugs and raid boss issues, although as an exercise on project management, it was pretty excellent. 

2. Legacy servers. I'd imagine the majority here actually don't care. So maybe Blizzard will, maybe Blizzard won't. Personally I think they will, but the format will not be vanilla WoW and be more like a 're-imagining' of what Blizzard thinks people want, along with the obligatory subscription fee.  

3. Paladins are just lucky in relation to a 1.12 server as they got quite a lot of loving in 1.9. Your opposing class (Shaman) got a half-arsed version (1.11) where they were thrown under the bus owing to the nearness of TBC which causes an imbalance on PvE content. Still, nobody actually likes you, you're just brought along for the buffs 'n heals. So just fill your slot in PvE and bubblehearth in PvP because that's all your good for.

On a more serious note, welcome, always happy to see another face 

Alright, thanks for the nice replies. 

@Outstanding

Thanks for sharing your PoV. Still not sure what to make of CF, and what makes it so different from all the other projects. I've gone through some threads but yeah, still not quite sure. 

Regarding the paladin; I have played paladin all from Vanilla up until late MoP, and I still can't believe that Blizz made a healer with plate gear. I am inclined towards PvP, and always have been, and having ~7.5k armor is the most amazing thing when fighting melees, which I have to say, even tho I am biased, makes us the best healer for PvP. 

@Hypebeast I'm purely PvE as you might have guessed but I've done enough on PvP to >:(:|¬¬ when I see Paladins because they really are tough to compete against. It's mostly anger and jealousy. On CF it's really difficult to judge this far out from Open Beta/PTR. But I really like the dev team, I respect how quickly they respond to genuine questions and useful suggestions and as it's not a MaNGOS core and has desired PTE outcome, it represents the best possible opportunity for advancement in the private server scene since Nost died.

QED

Welcome, fellow Alliance champion!

19 minutes ago, Hypebeast said:

what makes it so different from all the other projects

If you are lazy(like me) to read FAQ, @OrcBit did nice summary of what CF is and how does it differ from other projects. If you want more detailed information, I would suggest listening to Q&A Discord session(2 hours) with devs. You can find it on their YTB channel. In fact, here it is: 

32 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

@Hypebeast I'm purely PvE as you might have guessed but I've done enough on PvP to >:(:|¬¬ when I see Paladins because they really are tough to compete against. It's mostly anger and jealousy. On CF it's really difficult to judge this far out from Open Beta/PTR. But I really like the dev team, I respect how quickly they respond to genuine questions and useful suggestions and as it's not a MaNGOS core and has desired PTE outcome, it represents the best possible opportunity for advancement in the private server scene since Nost died.

QED

Alright, I guess I have to take @Mal Do'Urden's advice and go listen to some discord/read Q&A when I have the time. Thanks for the kind replies. 

I would love for Blizz to support official legacy servers, but i think OP is right about it not being real vanilla if blizz do decide to host it (sadly :( ). For that reason im really looking forward to CF (but if blizz did do 100% vanilla i would ofc play there).