Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KJ.

Kronos II in the mean time?

31 posts in this topic

Curious if anyone is going to roll on Kronos' new server this week. Would be cool to get a Crestfall guild up while we wait to get to know the community.

Me! but I don't have a lot of time, probably just gonna stay in 16-19 level range for PvP.  I'd rather test crestfall to help them, but until testing phase , PvP it is :x

I'm in Kronos but I do not play too much, I'd prefer to help here too but anyway, add me, I'm Meltron (Horde side).

I'm out of Kronos, thanks. If they has committed to a PvE realm I would be there. Kinda glad they didn't as it would make the subsequent move to CF that much harder, particularly if they implement a PvP first option here. Good idea though about getting a CF guild there.

Well, no thanks. I've decided that I won't be touching any kind of WoW until Crestfall launch. This will make me even more hyped :D

I was going to when the initial info was that it was a PvE realm, but I won't be now they've changed their minds. If I really want to return to Kronos PvP i'd go back to the realm currently open, I have 3 fully geared 60's from before Christmas there gathering dust.

I'm still on the fence about playing on the new Kronos realm. I started on the first one way back when it opened and it was nice because most people had rolled on Nost instead so the population was moderate and relatively stable, and it wasn't too much of a hassle to level. Now, though, that Kronos is the "new" Nost (at least in terms of currently being the largest Vanilla realm), I'm much less excited about it... Kronos is up to a 6k+ queue during peak times and most of those people will likely be trying to reroll on K2, which means, at least initially, it's going to be a mess. The queues will probably be as bad on K2 as they are on K1 now unless they increase the server capacity (which I don't foresee them doing). Those numbers don't even factor in all the people who had no interest in playing on Kronos before who will try to now -- let's face it, saying the words "fresh start" is like chumming the waters in the pserver community.

I'm also in agreement with being disappointed that they pulled the PvE option in favor of yet another PvP realm. Yes, yes, I know that PvP has more "universal appeal". But you can still have the exact same world PvP on a PvE server, that's why the /pvp command exists for everyone who is interested in PvP. Anyone who tries to argue that a PvP server has any benefit other than allowing them to gank people 30 levels lower than them or those who don't even want to fight back is delusional.

That said, I might make a few characters on launch night and give it a week or so to settle before I level, just to give myself something to do (maybe at least until CF has a closed beta ;)) ... I'd join a Crestfall guild if that was the case.

@Keaton

Kronos specifically stated they are going to lower the caps on both servers to improve server stability and so that they can revert some QoL changes they made, such as the reduction in view distances. The queues on Kronos are going to get even bigger.

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

@Keaton

Kronos specifically stated they are going to lower the caps on both servers to improve server stability and so that they can revert some QoL changes they made, such as the reduction in view distances. The queues on Kronos are going to get even bigger.

Holy shit, I hadn't even seen that announcement. Well, that's bound to be ugly...... good luck to them, then. Haha.

Ah I'll roll a toon on KronosII.  I play horde, will probably roll a shammy just because I want to see how they play.  I don't think I'm gunna hardcore it though, more just to fill that mmo void. Do some pvp and dungeons and what not, won't be end game raiding or anything.  Toon's name (I think) will be Bluedrank.

I'm sure there will be a kronos 3 soon that will be pve.  If they are rolling back the pop cap then people have to go somewhere.  It's only good for them.

id rather not play on server where level 60 characters can get auctioned off

Doing TBC servers until CF. Want to keep vanilla fresh as possible when I start.

8 minutes ago, Duninn said:

Doing TBC servers until CF. Want to keep vanilla fresh as possible when I start.

As much as I wanna play Vanilla, I've been going crazy about TBC recently, and I don't even follow the hype.

To me, as someone who LOVES Vanilla, I remember that feeling the night of TBC launch. The 6 hour fight with IRL friends at the dark portal before finally venturing into Outlands. That was one of my best gaming experiences ever, maybe my top when it comes to World of Warcraft. So while I definitely want Vanilla here and now, I wish there was a decent TBC server to play on until our realms reached TBC.

I loved TBC.  That is when I played live and I played waaaaaay too much wow.  The issue is that TBC servers are lackluster right now.  It seems the vanilla severs are just better scripted than TBC.  Each server has so many issues and bugs.  Fights that don't work etc.  The one that people speak highly of is polish only.  I love karazhan and everything in me wants to fight that place again.  However I have never raided in Vanilla and am looking forward to see those locals.  Just a long wait, but should be worth it.

Also why is there a new server launch every day it seems.  I understand people are trying to grab all the refugees.  Holy smokes though, these must all be shit shows.  Look, a TBC server launched today...

Kronos 1 died , low pop. Everyone wants to play on Kronos 2 now, they are back at ground 0 with queues... 2nd server was better of with  PvE, oh well ¬¬

Edited by Arky

56 minutes ago, Arky said:

Kronos 1 died , low pop. Everyone wants to play on Kronos 2 now, they are back at ground 0 with queues... 2nd server was better of with  PvE, oh well ¬¬

It's just temporary. Wait a bit for the dust to settle, I think we can expect both servers with a healthy population. I bet many 60's from K1 are on K2 today just to see the madness in the starting zones, this won't last long though.

I played for 4 hrs and go to lvl 7.  The war over mobs was real.  What specific bugs are with mangos that you saw?

Edit: nice to see no queue now that the euros are in bed

Edited by Masterfyoog

4 hours ago, Daribon said:

Stock mangos bugs even in the starting area.

As if this is a surprise :/

yeah, I'm already annoyed with the server.  Just so many fricken people.  Might level a 19 twink when it cools down, might just say fuck it.  I was checking out the new TBC server that launched this eve, L4G.  Seems alright.  http://looking4group.eu/

On 26. 4. 2016 at 7:33 PM, Masterfyoog said:

It seems the vanilla severs are just better scripted than TBC.  Each server has so many issues and bugs.  Fights that don't work etc.  The one that people speak highly of is polish only.

There's really only about three servers right now that are TBC and playable at all. Excalibur, which has about 1600 people, but somebody deemed that'S low pop and they joined /who, chat, auction, mail, etc and apparently BoJ drop from pretbc raids. So that server is firmly in the funserver territory. Then there's Vengeance, which has some nice little fixes, a lot of them but dunno about higher content (they opened KZ at the end of 2015). Currently they got promo for Nost people or something with an instant 60. So that'S another fun, unfortunately.

The one everyone speaks highly, Hellground, isn't Polish only, it's just it's based in Poland so there's a lot of Poles. Similar to how Kronos had lots of Czech and Slovaks before Nost shut down. It has a good share of its own problems though. If people speak highly of it, it's simply because it's better than the rest (which is not hard).
Now, major bugs ARE fixed, that is true. But the devil's in the details as they say, and the details are as lackluster as ever. At least the chess event in KZ works (which, apparently, sometiems doesn't get implemented simply because it would "bore people" as I was once told by a dev on my home server, whcih made me sad).
Another thing Hellground has is old population. As in, it's been running for too long, everybody's gearing their 5th alt and putting together a normal TBC dungeon is an impossible task. Also it has 1x - 2x XP rates that you can adjust. Apparently that is the lowest a TBC server can get nowadays. No pure 1x anymore. And I'm jsut sad Nost got shut down seeing as there was a TBC server in the works.

As for Kronos, the 6k queues happened after they decreased the limit, just before opening K2. Now the queues are like 1500 people max, but boy do they take long, as nobody wants to log out.

Between the queues, the easy raid mechanics, and the fact that paladins are pretty broken, I'm going to wait it out for Crestfall. Maybe play Primal for a lark in the meantime. 

I'm particularly interested in Gummy's BC project too; I might be juggling playing on two private servers simultaneously for the first time in my life! 

The most awesome thing would be to help the CF team test though. I'd drop my Primal playtime for that.

3 hours ago, Dawnstorm said:

Between the queues, the easy raid mechanics, and the fact that paladins are pretty broken, I'm going to wait it out for Crestfall. Maybe play Primal for a lark in the meantime. 

I'm particularly interested in Gummy's BC project too; I might be juggling playing on two private servers simultaneously for the first time in my life! 

The most awesome thing would be to help the CF team test though. I'd drop my Primal playtime for that.

Gonna sound like a jackass, but don't trust Gummy or his BC project. Scriptcraft was decently(Read: Decently) scripted for Vanilla, but they were unable to fix actual mechanic issues. Many classes were broken, pets had many issues. Their scripts I would say were 7.5/10 (Issues occured randomly in them, and some weren't proper blizzlike).

While the BC looks a bit more promising than his vanilla realm, considering his previous servers and the fact he's screwed people more than once already, I wouldn't trust it.

Too bad Corecraft is taking so long :(

+1 for distrusting Gummy.

He has shut down two previous servers on short notice before, scrapping the databases.

Who knows how long his TBC realm will live before he gets bored.

He talks a good game though.

Well thanks for taking the wind out of my sails. :( I didn't know Gummy had a notoriety for being untrustworthy. Scriptcraft was my original private server home and I thought all of the drama surrounding it was guild-based.