Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dennis

Questions and Suggestions

39 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have some questions that still need an answer and some suggestions

Questions:
- Will it be a PVP or a PVE Server?

- In case of PVP server will we be able to create a character from both faction with the same account?

- In case the population is low, will we be able to make parties with members of the other faction in order to do dungeons?

- In case will we allowed to make parties, will we be able to comunicate too?

- Will we have a common auction house?

- Will you fix things like Blink that pass through object (every private server have this bug) or be able to wall jump in BGs to take advantages in battle (to hide behind your flag for example).

Suggestions:

- Add some non-english section in the Forum.

- Donations: surely the donations will be necessary, however nobody here wants pay to win feature but I think that you could offer some service for who donate like allowing people to change name, gender, race and faction or a fancy special tabard. It doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway but it could be a way for you to say thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll answer some of your questions!

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

- Will it be a PVP or a PVE Server?

Current plans is for Kul Tiras to be a PvP Server (this may or may not change on demand).

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

- In case of PVP server will we be able to create a character from both faction with the same account?

No, as this feature was enabled sometime during Wrath of the Lich King on official servers.

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

- Will you fix things like Blink that pass through object (every private server have this bug) or be able to wall jump in BGs to take advantages in battle (to hide behind your flag for example).

This is something that other servers just haven't bothered to / haven't got the knowledge to fix. Safe to say, we plan to have things like this fixed.

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

- In case the population is low, will we be able to make parties with members of the other faction in order to do dungeons?

- In case will we allowed to make parties, will we be able to comunicate too?

- Will we have a common auction house?

We will not be offering cross-faction support.

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

- Donations: surely the donations will be necessary, however nobody here wants pay to win feature but I think that you could offer some service for who donate like allowing people to change name, gender, race and faction or a fancy special tabard. It doesn't affect the gameplay in anyway but it could be a way for you to say thanks.

As per our FAQ regarding Pay to Win(No, we won't do Pay to Win)

On 4/18/2016 at 6:29 AM, Darkrasp said:

We'll pay most out of pocket, but player contribution is appreciated.  To that end, it is likely that we will have an item shop involving vanity items you cannot get in-game, such as TCG rewards, Blizzcon/Collectors Edition Pets, armorless mount skins (provided you already own the original version) etc.  We are also considering things like Gold Memberships which allow players to skip any login queue and have increased developer access, name changes, PvE<->PvP realm transfers, etc.  Nothing that will affect your gameplay experience, but hopefully appealing enough to drum up sufficient financing for the server.

 

I'll bring up the language sections, that may be a good thing to have. I hope this answered your questions!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rooted said:

Current plans is for Kul Tiras to be a PvP Server (this may or may not change on demand).

A bit concerned by this answer.

This is the reddit post that brought me here. It specifically states; " The clustering system mentioned above will also allow us to have something that is completely new at least on the Vanilla scene. Cross-realm support. This means that our PvE and PvP servers can compete against each other in battlegrounds, making the queue times lower and the probability of not meeting the same opponents all over again higher. "

Can you clarify if you are still planning to open both a PvE and PvP server? All of your reddit posts and announcements have referred to 'realms' in the plural, and with this recent post I was reading that to mean "both realms", as in PvE and PvP.

With the recent back track by Kronos on their PvE realm I've began communicating and pushing my guild and some of the Nost PvE community to register here, as well as starting to cross post and publish your updates through the various facebook communities set up after the shutdown of Nost PvE.

I'd feel extremely foolish if it now turns out to be the case that yet again we're getting hyped for a server that isn't actually going to cater to our tastes.

If you are not planning a PvE server, could you clarify why this miscommunication was published?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We expect to open both PvP and PvE realms, provided there are sufficient interested players to support both.  If we open both realms at launch and the PvE realm is severely underpopulated, it will potentially be merged into the PvP one.  This is another one of those "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" topics.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

We expect to open both PvP and PvE realms, provided there are sufficient interested players to support both.  If we open both realms at launch and the PvE realm is severely underpopulated, it will potentially be merged into the PvP one.  This is another one of those "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" topics.

That's fine, it's something I can work with by saying to the Nost PvE community "guys, here is a potential, sign up and make the server populated and it will stay open."

My concern more came from the fact that the PvE server wasn't mentioned at all. I think you guys should be out, loud and proud, that a PvE server is something you are going to provide for a close knit community who has been asking for it for years. You should be immensely proud of yourselves for backing a community that has been overlooked many times before.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rooted said:

I'll answer some of your questions!

Current plans is for Kul Tiras to be a PvP Server (this may or may not change on demand).

No, as this feature was enabled sometime during Wrath of the Lich King on official servers.

This is something that other servers just haven't bothered to / haven't got the knowledge to fix. Safe to say, we plan to have things like this fixed.

We will not be offering cross-faction support.

As per our FAQ regarding Pay to Win(No, we won't do Pay to Win)

 

I'll bring up the language sections, that may be a good thing to have. I hope this answered your questions!

Thank you for your answers, here's another 2 questions that I forgot to mention before.

Will Dungeons/Raids/Alterac Valley be in a pre-nerf status?

Will Scholomance be a 10 man raid like pre-nerf?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elicas said:

My concern more came from the fact that the PvE server wasn't mentioned at all.

That'd be my bad miscommunication, as currently our testing server is set to PvP. I should have mentioned it better, my apologies.

 

2 hours ago, Elicas said:

I think you guys should be out, loud and proud, that a PvE server is something you are going to provide for a close knit community who has been asking for it for years. You should be immensely proud of yourselves for backing a community that has been overlooked many times before.

Plan is to cater most needs, so if there's demand we will supply. But as Darkrasp said, if the PvE server is severely underpopulated and no demand it would eventually be merged with the PvP one.

 

51 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Will Dungeons/Raids/Alterac Valley be in a pre-nerf status?

Will Scholomance be a 10 man raid like pre-nerf?

Jonu's FAQ from reddit states:

Quote

We're going to start with buffed versions and adjust as needed, initial states at least.

But I will double-check this and edit it if that is the case. :)

 

Edit  (Darkrasp): 

Dungeons and raids will be in pre-nerf status where applicable.  Some of the more minor changes we will ignore because we don't want to get bogged down in minutia, but for the most part they will be pre-nerf.  Alterac Valley is a bit of a special case, in that the terrain geometry changed.  Terrain geometry is in the client, and we can't alter that, so we are forced to use the standard map geometry (meaning no back way into Iceblood Graveyard, no Winterax villiage, etc.).  That said, we will be re-instituting as much of the original AV as possible in terms of NPC population and stats.  It will be a sort of hybrid, as close as we can get it to old AV without necessitating a client patch.  That's one area where we have to go slightly off-canon.

Scholomance, Stratholme and Blackrock Spire will have the reduced player caps, for the same reasons Blizzard made the changes.  The instances are too easy with more people, and the loot split ten+ ways is too thin to make running it rewarding.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should note with regards to the PvE server.. yes, we intend to launch with both PvP and PvE options available.  We understand that the PvE server is liable to have a lower population, but as long as it is peaking over a few hundred within a few weeks of launch, we'll consider that healthy enough to be sustainable. 

We aren't going to merge on a whim, it'll only happen if the PvE environment is a ghost town, ie. players can't find groups for anything, the AH is empty, guilds are sparse and inadequate to form raids.. just a generally crummy experience.  We don't expect this to happen, but if things are looking really bleak, we'll poll the population for possible courses of action and see what can be done.

We understand this is a niche nobody else seems willing or able to fill, so we're going to give it every opportunity to succeed.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rooted said:

Edit  (Darkrasp): 

Dungeons and raids will be in pre-nerf status where applicable.  Some of the more minor changes we will ignore because we don't want to get bogged down in minutia, but for the most part they will be pre-nerf.  Alterac Valley is a bit of a special case, in that the terrain geometry changed.  Terrain geometry is in the client, and we can't alter that, so we are forced to use the standard map geometry (meaning no back way into Iceblood Graveyard, no Winterax villiage, etc.).  That said, we will be re-instituting as much of the original AV as possible in terms of NPC population and stats.  It will be a sort of hybrid, as close as we can get it to old AV without necessitating a client patch.  That's one area where we have to go slightly off-canon.

Scholomance, Stratholme and Blackrock Spire will have the reduced player caps, for the same reasons Blizzard made the changes.  The instances are too easy with more people, and the loot split ten+ ways is too thin to make running it rewarding.

I'm very happy to hear that, UBRS however was a 10 man raid even at 1.12.2 if I remember correctly.
The map for AV in 1.12.2 was fine for me, however the npcs was really underpowered and I'm glad they'll be back the way they should be! Are you sure about Iceblood Graveyard? I remember that it was there in 1.12.2.

Thank you for the informations, the hype for this project grow day by day!

Edited by Dennis
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

I should note with regards to the PvE server.. yes, we intend to launch with both PvP and PvE options available.  We understand that the PvE server is liable to have a lower population, but as long as it is peaking over a few hundred within a few weeks of launch, we'll consider that healthy enough to be sustainable. 

We aren't going to merge on a whim, it'll only happen if the PvE environment is a ghost town, ie. players can't find groups for anything, the AH is empty, guilds are sparse and inadequate to form raids.. just a generally crummy experience.  We don't expect this to happen, but if things are looking really bleak, we'll poll the population for possible courses of action and see what can be done.

We understand this is a niche nobody else seems willing or able to fill, so we're going to give it every opportunity to succeed.

:x you. In a communal sense of course 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I'm very happy to hear that, UBRS however was a 10 man raid even at 1.12.2 if I remember correctly.

You do, but it was originally 15.  We'll be going with the 10-man version everyone remembers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good set of questions with good answers.  This string was posted on reddit as well btw.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I should note with regards to the PvE server.. yes, we intend to launch with both PvP and PvE options available.  We understand that the PvE server is liable to have a lower population, but as long as it is peaking over a few hundred within a few weeks of launch, we'll consider that healthy enough to be sustainable. 

We aren't going to merge on a whim, it'll only happen if the PvE environment is a ghost town, ie. players can't find groups for anything, the AH is empty, guilds are sparse and inadequate to form raids.. just a generally crummy experience.  We don't expect this to happen, but if things are looking really bleak, we'll poll the population for possible courses of action and see what can be done.

We understand this is a niche nobody else seems willing or able to fill, so we're going to give it every opportunity to succeed.

I love you. In every sense.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny.  As a Warlock I should have been overjoyed with the removal and management of Soul Shards but I hated it.  I should have loved the summoning stones but I didn't.  I grumbled about being the one who always run out to the dungeons while some lazy people hung back and waited for a summons, but when it was gone I missed it.  

 

So excited for this server.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2016 at 0:24 PM, Banemorth said:

It's funny.  As a Warlock I should have been overjoyed with the removal and management of Soul Shards but I hated it.  I should have loved the summoning stones but I didn't.  I grumbled about being the one who always run out to the dungeons while some lazy people hung back and waited for a summons, but when it was gone I missed it.  

 

So excited for this server.

As a fellow Warlock, I share your pain of running to dungeons for the rest of the people. It was a thankless job. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gruff said:

As a fellow Warlock, I share your pain of running to dungeons for the rest of the people. It was a thankless job. 

Stop whining free steed boy.  :) You'll need those fan boys in scholo and DM. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Stop whining free steed boy.  :) You'll need those fan boys in scholo and DM. 

It ain't free!!!  Might be cheaper but we've still got to shell out some coin for the vendor purchased quest items.  I had to look it up because I didn't remember exactly how much it was.

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Dreadsteed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Crestfall team I'm waiting your project like other ppl here .. :) I think that your server will increase fast when you open it bcs you work profesionall and with quality

With Custer will be very nice if you open one high populated realm like nost .. i don't want 10 or 13k .. but 7-8k will be fine

What you think ? What will be Server cap in future ?

 

p.p I have of cool moments in Nost with 7-8k ppl have always fun

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, loonbg said:

Hey Crestfall team I'm waiting your project like other ppl here .. :) I think that your server will increase fast when you open it bcs you work profesionall and with quality

With Custer will be very nice if you open one high populated realm like nost .. i don't want 10 or 13k .. but 7-8k will be fine

What you think ? What will be Server cap in future ?

 

p.p I have of cool moments in Nost with 7-8k ppl have always fun

Whilst I agree that seeing over 7k players on a single realm is cool, and makes the world feel very much alive.
It inflates the economy beyond oblivion, and completely wrecks professions and its viability.
We intend to keep blizzlike realm caps (around 3k-4k), as that's what the original game design is intended for.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Indra said:

We intend to keep blizzlike realm caps (around 3k-4k), as that's what the original game design is intended for.

I heard that the retail realm cap was 2.5k

I think it should be capped at that many players per realm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aquane said:

I heard that the retail realm cap was 2.5k

I think it should be capped at that many players per realm

Don't know man some time is hard to find ppl for dungeons or questing on 7-8k realm on 2.5 will be immposible or very very hard..

Hope they will make it high as possible .. bcs now is 2016 and its not problem one server  to handle more than 5k with low lattency (and with cluster) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loonbg said:

Don't know man some time is hard to find ppl for dungeons or questing on 7-8k realm on 2.5 will be immposible or very very hard..

Hope they will make it high as possible .. bcs now is 2016 and its not problem one server  to handle more than 5k with low lattency (and with cluster) 

nah it isnt hard to find people for dungeons with 2.5k players split close to evenly between both factions, especially if there aren't always people at the dungeon entrances

you've just gotta be patient

 

it won't be easy to get people for dungeons by your standards unless theres 20k or more players on one server, which is just plain unplayable(like nost pvp was)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0