Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hettar987

My own little project

Greeting folks,

I will be, by force of RL commitments, a pretty slow leveler. I play for fun and do not set me grand objectives in phat lewt or raids. Nor am I interested in PvP. I level for the joy of leveling and meeting people.

However, I would like to pursue a special projet with my new char on Crestfall, ie, level a Human mage as a NE orphan and maximize Darnassus reputation acquisition. By that, I mean travel to Darnassus asap(lvl 1) and level there to try and gain as much reputation as possible, eventually to get to Exalted or as close a possible for a nice mount at lvl 40.

I feel that there are several burdens / unknowns ahead of me:

1) The length of travel to regularly learn my mage skills in IF will be time and money consuming.

2) The absence of a reliable database listing all the quests that give Darnassus reputation (and how much) or Alliance reputation (including Darnassus rep).

3) Is it possible to reach exalted by the time my character hits 40 ?

However, I feel like attempting that challenge :) Does anyone around here know whether that's possible and if you do, have you heard of a reliable guide / database ?

Thank you for your input :)

Edited by hettar987

Hello @hettar987 

I'm very pleased that you have decided to make things as complicated and difficult for yourself as possible. Usually the Night Elves head off after Teldrassil to the human lands not vice versa as they want to avoid the most depressing zone in the universe AKA Darkshore. Not to mention the largest known zone in the universe with the most spread out quests AKA Ashenvale. before you get to the 'OMG I can't believed I walked all the way here for a handful of quests' that is Stonetalon Mountains.

You must really love Nightsabre Mounts. PS. Pick the spotted one, looks the best IMHO.

Getting to exalted Darnassus rep by L40 should be possible assuming you do all the available quests. You might have to do BRD and some Desolace quests too (yah! another awesome zone).

Le probleme as you alluded to, is the lack of Vanilla Guides showing you where the quests are and how much the rep is worth. This would have been a lot easier 10 years ago as you could have used all the existing guides then + all the chatter about it. To make things more complex, the reputation hand-ins 'Donation of Wool....etc' might not be available straight away on realm release. Now that's not a given, just that I remember it was Patch 1.5 or something and CF may or may not put it in at the start.

Luckily, you humans are reputation whores at +10% so it may not be necessary.

Anyway, back on topic. You may be aware of the internet archive AKA Wayback Machine. It's here

So using our wayback machine we can use one of the standard wow database websites and dial it back to a time when all of this was current. For this experiment we shall use Thottbot:

This is from the 4th April 2005 which you can filter down to individual zones and faction etc. Unfortunately it doesn't give the rep rewards.

Allakhazam is another option such as This one here but it still doesn't give rep rewards.

I am pretty sure that there is a resource out there where you can dial back on wayback machine and dig up a list of Darnassus quest rewards by reputation, unfortunately your free time is up and I have to go elsewhere. I'd help you in the realm but I'm on the other, cooler side. Perhaps you should reconsider.... 

For Darnassus rep, I'd recommend doing this:

1. Do all of the Nelf questing zones - ie. Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas, Felwood (top hub by the flight path only), along with all the instance quests. (especially BFD)

2. Do quests for other home factions when you run out of Nelf ones. (this will get you some rep)

3. Avoid the neutral questing zones (goblins, cenarion etc.) as much as possible, these will only get you rep for neutral factions or not at all. (this isn't really possible beyond lvl 40 though, as only Hinterlands is non-neutral aside from the Nelf zones you'll be doing anyway).

===========

It probably isn't possible - in TBC my spacegoat reached exalted with Darnassus at lvl 54 iirc. (no Nelf starting zones, Hinterlands or human racial, but the the home faction rep gains are a lot more in TBC)

I don't think I even made it to exalted with Undercity when lvling my undead lock on Nost (going through all the undead questing zones), but you can try it and see.

http://db.vanillagaming.org has a quest database by zone, which might help for specifics.

Edited by Momonn

14 hours ago, Outstanding said:

To make things more complex, the reputation hand-ins 'Donation of Wool....etc' might not be available straight away on realm release. Now that's not a given, just that I remember it was Patch 1.5 or something and CF may or may not put it in at the start.

I do not remember exactly, weren't these  'Donation of Wool....etc' quests depending on the level of the reputation you already have? I.e. handing in wool cloth gives you reputation only until you are honored or something like that? 

If this was the case it would be "smarter" to hand-in cloth until you do not gain reputation any more, before doing any quest that gives you NE reputation at all. The reputation gain from quests is not depending on the level of reputation you already have.

However, doing so will kill all the fun ;) I wish you all the best with your project, it sounds very cool.

PS: If I were you i would roll a rogue to avoid the travel time to the class trainer and the class quest givers. Or a dwarf hunter :D

20 hours ago, Outstanding said:

they want to avoid the most depressing zone in the universe

No, they are actually coming TO it. That is, to Westfall. Imo, Teldrassil is worse than Darkshore.

(Durotar is worse, but who cares aobut the Hurrrde :P.)

5 hours ago, Xaverius said:

No, they are actually coming TO it. That is, to Westfall. Imo, Teldrassil is worse than Darkshore.

(Durotar is worse, but who cares aobut the Hurrrde :P.)

I love Westfall, but I will agree that Teldrassil is easily the worst part about being a Night Elf. Darkshore, Ashenvale and Stonetalon are all great. It's actually part of the reason I can't play a Night Elf.

On 2016-09-16 at 8:10 PM, MrSusan said:

Teldrassil is easily the worst part about being a Night Elf

What the... what did Teldrassil do to your special place?

Thank you for all your answers and inputs :)

Did not think about ethe wayback machine, I'm going to explore that possibility.

And I really want to roll a mage, even it's going to be harder (due to no class trainer).

As for the zones, never leveled there as Alliance, so it'd be fresh at least, and I kinda like Stonetalon Mountains (from Horde side at least). Will do some research then ;)

I think that doing it as a Mage wouldn't be too bad. 

Eventually you'll be able to teleport to a trainer and just hearth back to the zone you were questing in!

Youre almost making me want to do it as a lock - almost! :P

Update :  I've been playing a bit on another very low pop realm. Doing all the quests available to a human (including Cooking & Alchemy), I've reached roughly 40% through Honored when I left for Darkshore. So far, so good !

I'm not sure if you still need this, but here's a list of every quest that rewards Darnassus rep sorted by their zones:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?faction=69#quests:0+7+1+2

If you do every single one of them you'll have gained almost 49k Darnassus reputation (checked on my local cmangos database). So this is more than reasonable, especially as a human!

Thanks, I had already seen that list, I think it'll be very helpful for the higher levels, where you are not confined to a single zone.

Edit : and I'm trying to do that before 40, based on your calculations, is that possible ?

Edit2 : as for doing it as a mage, I dinged lvl2 during the journey from Goldshire to Teldrassil. I set my HS to Dolanaar, went to IF at lvl 6 iirc (using griffon for the Wetlands / IF part), learned a few spells, and HSed back. Took about 30 mins I guess. Did the same at level 12. So being a mage in Teldrassil is a bit of a hassle, but definitely doable :)

Edited by hettar987

An update on my (very slow) adventures on Darrowshire : After completing *every* Darnassus-rep-giving-quest in Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains and Desolace (plus the occasional quest in Duskwood or Deadmines), I'm roughly 500 rep short of hitting Exalted at level 37 with my human mage :)

And, if it were not for a bug where quests that give Alliance rep in fact do not give any, I'd already be exalted :D Alas, I will need to do a couple of quests in Feralas to get there, but it's definitely possible for a human. As for a non human (without the 10% rep bonus), I think it might be possible with working Alliance rep + Feralas reputation, but I haven't done the math. 

I like it,.

I have been assembling my own guide for Kalimdor as I want to level in it as much as possible this time and have used this site a lot http://wow.gamepressure.com/map_of_kalimdor.asp.

It does not give xp and is not a vanilla site as such, but you could use it to find all the available quests and then check them via one of the other links above.

Good luck