Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 9/19/2016

46 posts in this topic

Great Update Darkrasp! Was watching your stream the other day, too. Nice Work!

I am probably on lost ground here but since you work on so much loot and item related stuff: Is there any scenario that the Crestfall-staff would decide to implement the 1.5.0-Itempatch (Alterac Valley)? I am hyped to read about your work on green-items and suffixes and to implement them in their nerfed state. But for the early content (Stratholme, Scholomance, BRS, MC, Ony) it would be way more challenging to do them with the items/itemstats that were present at that time. Spellpower, Spellhit, Hit, Healing, Defense <- all these important stats were so rare it was a real effort to get them. After 1.5.0 or later getting good gear for raiding is just trivial (e.g. Elysium with 1.12.1 items).

I am only asking this because, to me, it looks like you guys are putting so much effort into every detail for this project. This itempatch may seem minor but it will extend the early content quite a bit since it is way more difficult to get good gear. It also tackles alot of the difficulty problems in early dungeons/raids mentioned in other topics on these forums.

2 hours ago, Summer said:

I am probably on lost ground here but since you work on so much loot and item related stuff: Is there any scenario that the Crestfall-staff would decide to implement the 1.5.0-Itempatch (Alterac Valley)? I am hyped to read about your work on green-items and suffixes and to implement them in their nerfed state. But for the early content (Stratholme, Scholomance, BRS, MC, Ony) it would be way more challenging to do them with the items/itemstats that were present at that time. Spellpower, Spellhit, Hit, Healing, Defense <- all these important stats were so rare it was a real effort to get them. After 1.5.0 or later getting good gear for raiding is just trivial (e.g. Elysium with 1.12.1 items).

I am only asking this because, to me, it looks like you guys are putting so much effort into every detail for this project. This itempatch may seem minor but it will extend the early content quite a bit since it is way more difficult to get good gear. It also tackles alot of the difficulty problems in early dungeons/raids mentioned in other topics on these forums.

I second this, trying do be as close as possible to retail item-wise, kinda like Nostalrius did, would be amazing.

And glad to hear about the green items remaining nerfed forever.

Edited by Youfie
Typo

2 hours ago, Summer said:

From the information i gathered here on the forums, I have personaly deducted that they will instead make MC and BWL harder to compensate for the broader item optimisation that comes with the pre-1.9 patches.
I find this a good resolution as long as they keep to their promise and just break timers, break addons and further just higher the values of damage and hp/armor/resists to compensate for 1.12.1 values (more damage, fights are way too short etc.) they know the consequenses of solely changing values will result into class stacking and so will alter fights and values to suite all classes (i have read somewhere that they used Feenix as an example of why solely changing values the same throughout might result in a blund and stagnant playing environement). coming from me this is pure observation and interpretation so dont take this as truth :)

tl;dr they will tune fights to pre-1.9 items and 1.12 etc. by a combination of different methods.

Just now, Youfie said:

I second this, trying do be as closed as possible to retail item-wise, kinda like Nostalrius did, would be amazing.

And glad to hear about the green items remaining nerfed forever.

I think from the item rollback thread it would ONLY happen if there was ANY time left, not a priority or anything whatshowever, personaly i find the pre- and post- 1.9 a good idea as a balance between workload and content-progression gearwise

Hey! this is to @Daribon

What about waypoints in Naxx 80, Aq40 Aq20, ZG 80, and MC ?

I remember last time i was in MC during WoD just for fun, i noticed this golem (Annihilator or so) patrol's animation is different from vanilla servers.

Couldnt you get that from retail too ?

Edited by Brikot

listen here crestfall devs. i expect more memes in these updates. that is all thanks!@

15 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Oh, and because you asked for it, all the random stat green gear is going into the game in it's weakest, pre-buff and/or post-nerf state, and will remain that way for ever.  We aren't even building queries to buff it later.

<3

19 hours ago, pants said:

listen here crestfall devs. i expect more memes in these updates. that is all thanks!@

batman-symbol-in-the-sky-wallpaper-2.jpg

Can anyone provide an example of these pre-buff/Post-nerf green items and what the stats will look like for a certain ilvl, and what they would look like otherwise if they were fully buffed?  I just want to see the difference, because I don't remember this change in vanilla.  Too many years ago.

3 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Can anyone provide an example of these pre-buff/Post-nerf green items and what the stats will look like for a certain ilvl, and what they would look like otherwise if they were fully buffed?  I just want to see the difference, because I don't remember this change in vanilla.  Too many years ago.

Items with a "of Healing" or "of X Wrath" were added to the game with a lower maximum value than most people are used to.  Later on, the values were buffed to make them more attractive.

Initially, on a level 65 green wand, the highest possible suffixes were +20 healing and +13 spell damage.  After the buff, they were improved to +33 healing or +21 spell damage.  Unfortunately, this buff kind of overshot the mark, and made a high-suffix "of Healing" green wand, available from many instance trash mobs, a Best-In-Slot item right through Naxxramas.  Similar buffs took place on other item types, including cloaks, bracers, shields, etc., though admittedly they aren't as big a deal as wands anyways, since in virtually every case except wands there are better alternatives to green, stat-less items.

The actual stat changes:

Wands:  +33/+21 to +20/+13
Cloaks/Bracers:  +33/+21 to  +24/+15
Belts/Boots/Gloves/Shoulders:  +46/+30 to +35/+24
Shields/Offhands/Daggers/Maces:  +35/+23 to +26/+17
Chests/Staves:  No change

Hopefully no typos in there, but it looks right at a glance.  You get the idea.  Roughly a 30% reduction across the board at the top end, and a correspondingly slower climb as the itemlevel increases from 10 to 65.

48 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Items with a "of Healing" or "of X Wrath" were added to the game with a lower maximum value than most people are used to.  Later on, the values were buffed to make them more attractive.

Initially, on a level 65 green wand, the highest possible suffixes were +20 healing and +13 spell damage.  After the buff, they were improved to +33 healing or +21 spell damage.  Unfortunately, this buff kind of overshot the mark, and made a high-suffix "of Healing" green wand, available from many instance trash mobs, a Best-In-Slot item right through Naxxramas.  Similar buffs took place on other item types, including cloaks, bracers, shields, etc., though admittedly they aren't as big a deal as wands anyways, since in virtually every case except wands there are better alternatives to green, stat-less items.

The actual stat changes:

Wands:  +33/+21 to +20/+13
Cloaks/Bracers:  +33/+21 to  +24/+15
Belts/Boots/Gloves/Shoulders:  +46/+30 to +35/+24
Shields/Offhands/Daggers/Maces:  +35/+23 to +26/+17
Chests/Staves:  No change

Hopefully no typos in there, but it looks right at a glance.  You get the idea.  Roughly a 30% reduction across the board at the top end, and a correspondingly slower climb as the itemlevel increases from 10 to 65.

Wait im sorta confused. Are you changing things with this or leaving them the same? or how will your stats changes compare to retail? are those the number you listed at the bottom?

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

We are using the lower values.

Ok awesome! Thanks!

Thanks for posting that, Darkrasp.  I think you guys are making the correct choice.  It means no more AH sniping for BiS and rather we'll get our BiS from whatever tier is most relevant, as it should be.  

2 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

Thanks for posting that, Darkrasp.  I think you guys are making the correct choice.  It means no more AH sniping for BiS and rather we'll get our BiS from whatever tier is most relevant, as it should be.  

That was the initial aim of this suggestion, good to see people notice the intention :)

I can not claim to be an expert but i have play'd since early 2005 to early cataclysm i came back and gave warlords a shot but it kinda sucked and since retail has been dead to me, I loved nostalrius and this server sounds better, so yeah i check nearly daily when i get home from work for news lol, i'd be happy to leave feed back when i notice anything, so yeah PLZ LET ME IN CLOSED BETA!!  btw my wife would love to play there to i would be the one leaving both our feed backs cuz she is not so computer savvy

Great job, guys! And to think that you're doing this so far for free. ^_^