Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
duzyizly

theorycrafting warrior talents - tell me if I'm wrong

Greetings,
First of all - I'm not a very good warrior player, and that's why I've got some questions to peopole more familiar with this class.

I've been looking for LEVELING spec as warrior on a few forums like Nost, Kronos etc. And most of the suggested builds are wrong with some talents in my opinion. There's nothing like fury is better than arms or w/e, It's just about some cons/pros about talents.

1st example: Unbridled Wrath or Booming Voice (Fury). So In almost every guide ppl suggest to get booming voice 5/5 over unbridled wrath 5/5 (because it gives You more rage points).
Lets calculate this...
1. Booming voice: 50% of 2 minutes buff = 1 min more, so w/o talent battle shout cost cost 5 rage per minute. with 5/5 talent battle shout cost 3,33 rage per minute, so this talent actually gives You 1,66 rage per minute.
2. Unbridled Wrath: 5/5 of this talent gives You 40% chance to generate 1 rage point when You hit with weapon. Due to vanilla-wiki Your hit chance with 2h-weapon is eequal 95% (against mob with same level). Lets say Your chance o hit is about 80% because of dodge/parry etc. You are figthing 2h-weapon with a 3,5 sec swing time so... 4 of 5 swings hits (80%), You attack 17 times per minute, so You hit 13 times. 40% of those 13 attack generate 5 rage per minute.

5 > 1,7

So why ppl choose Booming voice over Unbridled Wrath?

2nd example: Tactical Mastery over Improved Charge (Arms) and Tactical Mastery over Improved Heroic strike.

In this example i don't understand many things. 1st - should I never use heroic strike and why, or should I stop using it after I get Whirlwind (lvl 24) so 5/5 tactical mastery allows me to stance swap + use 25 rage for it? Also why Improved charge 2/2 is worse than 2 more point in Tactical mastery. Improved charge gives You about 18 rage per minute (If you cast charge 3 times in a minute - Charge CD is equal 15, but killing single mob takes a bit longer as warrior).

3rd example: Blood craze (Fury). Some guides says - It's awesome beacuse of bonus , some says - Imp. Battle shout 4/5 is better because of bonus damage.

So by calculating... Bloodcraze regenerates joke amount of hit points during leveling. 3% of total life. Let's say, You are lvl 45 so You've got about 2500 hp. Mob's crit chance is about 5% so every 2nd or 3rd mob is going to crit You at least once, so every 3 mobs You are going to regenerate 75-100 life. Is it worth it over bonus Attack power?

Please explain and tell me if I'm wrong with theorycrafting, TY.

And this is how I see the leveling spec (with 2h weapon):

asdasdfas.jpg

!LONG POST INC!

This is my leveling spec: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMhxbAio0dE0zu0x

37 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

1st example: Unbridled Wrath or Booming Voice (Fury). So In almost every guide ppl suggest to get booming voice 5/5 over unbridled wrath 5/5 (because it gives You more rage points).
Lets calculate this...
1. Booming voice: 50% of 2 minutes buff = 1 min more, so w/o talent battle shout cost cost 5 rage per minute. with 5/5 talent battle shout cost 3,33 rage per minute, so this talent actually gives You 1,66 rage per minute.
2. Unbridled Wrath: 5/5 of this talent gives You 40% chance to generate 1 rage point when You hit with weapon. Due to vanilla-wiki Your hit chance with 2h-weapon is eequal 95% (against mob with same level). Lets say Your chance o hit is about 80% because of dodge/parry etc. You are figthing 2h-weapon with a 3,5 sec swing time so... 4 of 5 swings hits (80%), You attack 17 times per minute, so You hit 13 times. 40% of those 13 attack generate 5 rage per minute.

5 > 1,7

So why ppl choose Booming voice over Unbridled Wrath?

First off, you are right that Booming Voice gives you 1,66 rpm but you forgot to mention that it increases the range of your shouts by 50% as well. From 10 yds to 15 yds. This is especially useful when you're fighting rogues. Also a range increase on Battle Shout can be useful in dungeons.

Secondly I calculated the rage gain from Unbridled Wrath this way:

I assume that your weapon skill is equal to the targets defense skill and you have no hit on your gear.
Weapon speed: 3,5, Miss: 5%, Parry: 5%, Dodge: 5% (wasn't able to find a source on the dodge chance of a mob with a similar level - only that bosses have a 6,5% chance to dodge), Block: 0% (most mobs don't block, but mobs that do have a 5% chance) - in total 15% chance to avoid the hit.

The calculation: (60/3,5)*0,85*0,40=5,83 rpm

So far so good

5,83 > 1,66

Keep in mind that good axes like WW axe (3,6 speed) and Executioner's Cleaver (3,8 speed) are even slower than 3,5 speed. I only used 3,5 speed because you did.

This calculation assumes that your swing timer is constantly running aka. no down time at all. This won't be the case while leveling. You will need to eat to regen your health. You will need to travel short distances before you can engage in combat again etc. This downtime means that some of the rage you gained with Unbridled Wrath will decay. By default rage decays at a rate of 1 rps. However you can use bloodrage to keep the rage from decaying. This is useful when you got a short period of downtime between mobs. Note also that only white hits, heroic strike and cleave can proc the Unbridled Wrath effect. Once you get more abilities like WW, Execute and MS/BT you will be killing mobs alot faster than early on. In the 30s you'll only be white hitting a mob like 3-4 times (on avg like 1 rage) before it dies, thus the usefulness of this talent diminishes.

To sum up:

I choose Booming Voice over Unbridled Wrath in a leveling spec because:

1. BV is useful in PvP vs rogues. Unbridled Wrath doesn't do anything noteworthy in PvP.
  2. BV rage gain doesn't decay.
  3. You'll probably get 1 rage per mob on avg out of this talent.
  4. This rage will probably decay because of downtime.

2 hours ago, duzyizly said:

2nd example: Tactical Mastery over Improved Charge (Arms) and Tactical Mastery over Improved Heroic strike.

In this example i don't understand many things. 1st - should I never use heroic strike and why, or should I stop using it after I get Whirlwind (lvl 24) so 5/5 tactical mastery allows me to stance swap + use 25 rage for it? Also why Improved charge 2/2 is worse than 2 more point in Tactical mastery. Improved charge gives You about 18 rage per minute (If you cast charge 3 times in a minute - Charge CD is equal 15, but killing single mob takes a bit longer as warrior).

Tactical Mastery is miles ahead of these 2 talents. It's insanely good once you get zerker stance, in PvP, when tanking dungeons etc. Early on you'll find yourself using HS when rend is up and you need something else to use the rage on. When you get to the 30s you'll almost never use it. Reason why heroic strike is so bad is because it consumes your white attack aka. you get no rage from attacking.

2 hours ago, duzyizly said:

3rd example: Blood craze (Fury). Some guides says - It's awesome beacuse of bonus , some says - Imp. Battle shout 4/5 is better because of bonus damage.

So by calculating... Bloodcraze regenerates joke amount of hit points during leveling. 3% of total life. Let's say, You are lvl 45 so You've got about 2500 hp. Mob's crit chance is about 5% so every 2nd or 3rd mob is going to crit You at least once, so every 3 mobs You are going to regenerate 75-100 life. Is it worth it over bonus Attack power?

With every 14 ap your base dps increases by 1.

Rank 6 (lvl 52) will give 194,25 ap with my spec and 222 ap with yours. 27,75 ap difference = 1,98 base dps increase.

Rank 7 (lvl 60) will give 243,6 ap with my spec and 278,4 ap with yours. 34,8 ap difference = 2,49 base dps increase.

In most cases this extra dps will just be overkilling the mob anyway.

I prefer Blood Craze because every talent you can get that keeps you going longer is great. 3% of your total life is roughly enough to negate the crit from the mob. Depending on your gear quality and the mob ofc.

8 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

Ok but, why improved hamstring over improved charge?

Because I prefer the extra utility in PvP. You can go imp. Charge if you really want 6 extra rage per charge. When you're questing I guess you'll be using it 2 or 3 times a minute.

Booming Voice and Blood Craze are two skills that sound great on paper but in practice don't bring much to the table.

Booming Voice vs Unbridled Wrath: The amount of rage saved between the two is completely unnoticable as 2H DPS. But if you ever DW or use a fast 1H to tank, it becomes the clear winner.

BV's real merit is having BS up an extra minute, so in case of pvp, you're more likely to have it up and don't waste 10 rage at the start of the fight. Having an extra 5yd to destealth is nice, but Warriors don't have much trouble with Rogues anyway. 15 extra seconds of Demo Shout is negligible, as most fights and dungeon pulls rarely last more than 30 seconds.

Blood Craze's HP regen is tiny as stated in the OP, whereas Imp BS will also benefit every melee and pet in your group. Their efficacy in other aspects is situational and random, ie: "maybe one if you had an extra 50 HP / did an extra 50 dmg". My opinion is it won't be saving you any food and I like hitting harder, so Imp BS has the more tangible benefit.

Tactical Mastery, having 2/5 points is mandatory for every single Warrior. No exceptions. Being able to intercept, disarm or overpower at any given time is too good to pass up for anything. If you're Arms, 5/5 becomes mandatory aswell due to sweeping strikes + whirlwind without wasting charges on auto attacks trying to gain rage.

Imp Charge vs Imp Hamstring. 6 extra rage every charge goes a long way especially at low levels where rage gain is low due to no crit. Honestly one of my favorite leveling talents.

Imp Hamstring - in theory, it looks useful since Hamstring is the weakest snare besides an un-talented Frostbolt snare and you can be kited out of a snare vs snare situation that a root may help with.

IMO, this talent requires 3 points or none. Since this would also require you to drag a point from another talent, my choice would be Two-Handed Weapon Spec. Which means you lose 1% damage or lose 33% effectiveness if you go 2/3 points in Imp Hamstring. You can also wait until you outlevel Whirlwind Axe and can free up the 5 points from Axe Spec. Anecdotally, I can't remember more than a handful of times Imp Hamstring ever decided a fight, but RNGesus may smile upon you more.

In summary - These talents really depend on your playstyle: Solo vs Group, 2H vs DW, PvP vs PvE oriented, etc and can't really give an answer that can be explained with calculations. RNG will likely have a bigger factor than any of the talent choices you make, so pick whichever you feel will be most beneficial for your situation. Feeling comfortable with your choices will make you level faster than a 0.01% paper dps increase would.

Edited by Malediction

If i was doing this spec id swap out imp hamstring and imp heroic for parry. Everything else id keep as is.

On 9/21/2016 at 10:56 AM, Frost said:

You'll probably get 1 rage per mob on avg out of this talent.

Is it seriously that awful?

Also, does demo shout keep people in combat?

17 minutes ago, Chalk said:

Is it seriously that awful?

Also, does demo shout keep people in combat?

Yes, provided you hit the mob 3-4 times as I wrote, which is fairly common.

If what you're asking is if you're in combat as long as you have the DS-debuff, then no.

Edited by Frost

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

Yes, provided you hit the mob 3-4 times as I wrote, which is fairly common.

that is depressing. reason i asked is because i wasn't sure about the gain from booming voice, but since unbridled is god awful it's not even a choice. too bad BV doesn't increase piercing howl shout range, then it'd be GOAT.

EDIT:

found this OP

http://imgur.com/a/aNm8V#8

dunno how optimal it is from experience but it seems sound, arms is sorta trash until you get MS as most of your damage will probably come from hot white autos (HS will be your only rage spender for a while)

there are tons of things that are great pre-zerker stance that become not so great after. once you start DPSing primarily in zerker, it seems your DPS and subsequently your talent priorities will shift quite a lot. something to consider

Edited by Chalk
more, dont feel like posting again after another

Booming voice; PVP great to unstealth vanishing Rogues. 

Tactical Mastery; allows for you to switch to zerker from battle and instantly whirlwind. Thats big! if you are on the PVP server more so. -As a lowbie warrior you'll have no +Hit so prepare to Overpower alot on mobs. 

Anger Management:

helps you close the caps between mobs without having all your Rage go down the drain. Remember that at  level 23 you pretty muchonly have OP and HS, so theres little skills to dump rage on.

Blood Craze; I never spec into this tbh. Its just bad in practice no matter what people tell you. 

In general people tend to build towards and end-game spec (to save money) i guess, or I do at least. And a spec that is viable to deal with world pvp whilst leveling is a big pro for me. Having 5/5 TM allows me to insta WW out of an OP at level 36. Thats just amazing and I wouldnt go without it.

This will be my personal talent planning, its kinda obvious but maybe it helps so you can see what to get first :) 

Level 21:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMhxb

Level 30:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMhxdGbo

Level 40:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LchxdGboxu

Level 50:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LchxdGboxuE

Level 60:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LchxdGboxuE0zm0x

I tend to go with 3/3 Imp Cleave and 1/5 Imp BS but the one I posted above is generally more accepted. Its not an optimal grind spec btw, its mostly a pvp spec.

possibly i'll go for this; http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMhxbNboxuE0uz0x

If you play on the pve realm I guess your spec is better. Though imo imp HS and imp Charge is usess. :) 

Edited by Marbo

8 hours ago, Chalk said:

dunno how optimal it is from experience but it seems sound, arms is sorta trash until you get MS as most of your damage will probably come from hot white autos (HS will be your only rage spender for a while)

Noooooooooo!!!! You wanna get Sweeping Strikes ASAP. It's the best talent ever. Also rend > hs

1) Unbridled Wrath is trash unless you dual wield. Unlike in later expansions, it's a flat percentage per swing. Here (Classic), it's not any higher with a single weapon, nor a 2h, which basically wastes the talent. Avoiding the talent means tanking and 2hs stay open as good combat options. Even as Fury, a 2h is great if you get a decent one(ie Whirlwind quest). A 2h Bloodthirst may not compete with Mortal Strike, but you still get Enrage and Flurry, along with a powerful Whirlwind. Since you'll probably tank most dungeon runs btw, Fury or not, it makes more sense to skip this talent pre 60. Booming Voice is more generally useful, in any role with any weapons. Unbridled Wrath is a talent a raiding Fury Warrior would take, who never uses any other weapons anymore.

2) Improved Heroic Strike is decent until you get to level 40. Then it's trash. You should never use this ability over Mortal Strike or Bloodthirst until you're a raider with too much rage to spend (begins to occur if you get your hit chance high enough). This is worth slotting 1-39 if you don't mind a respec to dump it at 40. Otherwise, just skip it from the start. Personally, I just go Fury straight up, and don't put anything in Arms until after Bloodthirst.

3) Imp charge vs TM is entirely up to you. If you're on PvP, you'll be forced to swap stances when players want to fight you. If you're not on PvP, then you don't need to switch stances most of the time, and could just take the extra charge rage. I suggest at least 2 in TM though, unless you have Imp Berserker Rage, because if you ever switch to Berserker, you want to at least be able to afford Pummel or Intercept (10 Rage). With no points in either, you'll struggle to get the abilities off in time after a stance switch. Even vs mobs, you might want to switch stances sometimes to use these abilities. Firing a Bloodrage to pay for these, isn't logical vs just spending the 2 talent points. A Fury Warrior gets this rage out of Imp Berserker Rage. Without the talent, you can get 2/5 TM for the same amount.

4) Imp Battle Shout is a winner when you're in groups. By yourself, it doesn't do much. It's a percentage, but it's a percentage to a flat buff, so basically, it does not scale with gear. Blood Craze however is a winner when you're soloing to reduce downtime. With no defense on gear, mobs crit you CONSTANTLY, so you basically have an ongoing HOT every fight. It also scales with max health, so if you slot Bear (STR/STA) or Monkey (AGI/STA), you'll improve the heal. I highly recommend maxing this talent on a leveling Warrior. It gets even better when stacked with Bloodthirst. These heals allow a Fury Warrior to keep right on fighting mob after mob whereas an exhausted Arms Warrior has stop and eat food.

4) I don't recommend weapon spec talents on a leveling character. When you switch weapons, you'll waste the talent unless you respec again. I would skip these talents, on Warrior or Rogue. Unless you want to respec regularly to keep the correct weapon spec talent, you'll be wasting the talent whenever you have to use the wrong weapon because it's better than the one you had before. This is probably why Blizzard removed these talents. Forcing a whole respec, or punishing for a weapon switch, is not logical. I only run these talents on a 60 where I can insure I'll have the selected type a really long time. (ie AV Mace or Rend Swords)

@Drain I while I agree with most of your points I disagree on the following:

1. You seem to think that fury is better than arms for leveling - as arms you get sweeping strikes as lvl 30, which basically allows you to kill mobs twice as fast. Why do you think this is worse than what fury can offer?
  2. Heroic Strike isn't decent until lvl 40. And imp. heroic strike is just something you dont put points in. 
  3. You seem to think that 2/5 TM is good enough. When you get sweeping strikes and whirlwind 5/5 is a must.
  4. You say that fury warriors have higher uptime due to their self heal (which is close to nothing btw) - have you considered that when playing arms you just kill mobs faster (less damage taken) due to sweeping strikes?
  5. Normally I would agree that you tend to switch weapons alot while leveling, but warriors have access to some really great 2h axes while leveling, so it actually makes sense to spec for this. Btw axe spec is also the best one at this point.
  6. You have two number 4. :P

I'm gonna copy paste this here since it is relevant. 

It also explains why blood craze is actually good.  If you are doing /sit for Enrage uptime.  Mobs don't crit you for much and the heal you get from it usually is a tiny bit more than the additional damage you took from the purposeful crit.

Level 1 - 39:

Get 5% Crit, Unbridled Wrath, Blood Craze - This will increase your damage, rage gain rate, and help you stay alive.  Keep a 1h and sword with you and a weapon swap from your 2H for fighting a caster/healer.  You will not access to pummel pre 30, and it will make these low armor mobs better exp and not make your life hell due to their high magic damage/OP heal.  Swap back mid fight when you get the hang of this.

Continue down until you get Enrage and Deathwish - 1/3 imp cleave over 1/5 imp Battle shout so you can kill more than 1 mob w/o having to drink when you pair with deathwish. Piercing Howl will save your life a lot when you pull too much, and help you in some world pvp if you rolled that server.  The important thing here is Enrage talent and understanding the synergy with Blood Craze.  You will want to make a macro for "/sit" and put it on your action bar.  Reason being, when you are sitting, you have a 100% chance to be crit, and you will automatically stand up after being hit.  So you can manually trigger this extra 25% damage for 100% uptime!!!  You may think, "OMG a crit, will lower my HP too much adding down time".   Not at all, because of Blood Craze.  (remember you should be grinding mobs 2-3 levels lower than you) If you compare a normal hit, vs a crit - the amount Blood Craze will heal you for, on most mobs you actually take LESS damage.  It is a small difference, but usually is less. Unless you get crit again while standing up and don't get full use out to Blood Craze from the first crit taken.   Take this to the bank.

Finish up with maxing out Cleave, then getting Flurry and Imp Bezerker Rage - Once you get the 3/3 Imp cleave, paired with keeping Enrage up, you can now grind 2 mobs at once VERY quickly.  The damage output far exceeds 3/5 imp battle shout.  Furry and Imp Rage is self explanatory.  Grats on reaching level 39.

*Note no weapon dependency.  Equip what you can find, but keep it a 2H - weapon speed does not matter here.  Only the DPS of the weapon.  Duel Wield gives you a large chance to miss penalty that isn't worth it until raiding. Rend is good at the start of a pull on high armor targets pre-lvl 40**

Level 40-60

TIME TO RESPEC:

Time to get Mortal Strike and Axe Specialization - by level 40 you should have already completed your WW axe quest.  If you are alliance, you can also get the SM Axe quest, slightly better.  Focus on Mortal Strike on single targets, and on multiple targets, use Sweeping Strikes > Whirl Wind.  If you get Stoneslayer from Uldaman or Warmonger from luck/AH, you can respec to sword specialization.  Otherwise stay with your slow 2H for Mortal Strike.  (Top end damage is what matters on your weapon).

Start down the Fury Tree for more crit and rage gains - You'll notice the specialization is now Polearm.  This is for when AV is released, jump into one at lvl 51 and go the struggle for a Korrak kill for your Ice Barbed Spear.  This will be your last weapon until 60.  Not sure when it will release, but eventually it will and this is your best weapon when it does.

Finish the way you started in the fury tree, getting Enrage and Blood Craze - Time to bring that /sit macro back out.  You can stay this spec until you get better fury duel wield gear, since Sweeping strikes is really good for 5 mans.

I've leveled as DW fury, 2H fury and as Arms. Each has it's merits. Arms is more random, if you get a couple of lucky crits at the start you can handle a way harder pull than what fury can do but sometimes you'll get unlucky and die to a pull that fury would have had no problems with.

Sweeping strikes is amazing but it's also situational. If you like to level by just farming groups of mobs, you probably want it ASAP. If you're mostly fighting single pulls then it's not as useful but still decent. If you have two good blue swords from a dungeon at level 20 and no good 2H, you're probably better off with DW. If you can get some help getting your whirlwind axe quest done ASAP, then you probably want to go 2h fury until lvl 40.

I tried the /sit thing and didn't like it. Had to fight mobs that were too low but I didn't put much work into adjusting my gear around it. If you stack stam gear while leveling it's probably a lot better, I think I was stacking more str/agi at the time when I tried it.

In my experience, the difference between different leveling specs with warrior is a LOT lower than the difference between specs with some other classes. I haven't seen any bad advise in this thread, even if you go with the least optimal advise in this thread you would be ok.

12 hours ago, Armilus said:

Had to fight mobs that were too low

Did you skip the Brood Craze talent for Booming Voice?  If so, and didn't have a good stam pool, I could see how this could be an issue.

Also having 100% up-time allows you to be less dependent on STR and you can Stat Prio   Stam > Agil / Str (which ever has more Stam on it) which will also help you more while tanking 5 mans.

Warrior leveling is all about having a good audiobook series. I highly recommend Stormlight Archive for your Crestfall adventures.

On a little more relevant note, don't use 1 spec to level. Change specs in your mid 40's. First respec is 10s? Or 1g? Either way, affordable at that level.

Anyway here is my survival guide to leveling a warrior to 60 in vanilla. (I leveled 6 Warriors in the past 3 years from 1-60!)

List of goals to aim for while speccing: (Srsly get an audiobook, you don't want to show up at your first raid as an insane person, bad first impression to the guild and all)

1. All these mobs dodgin' mah shi, if only I had something to make the most of it! Get imp. overpower and imp. charge by level 21 cuz you're still sane at this stage and can think properly, sort of. (2/5 TM for Intercepts soon)
  2. Hmm, all these overpower crits, if only I had something to boost the critical damage by a fifth... Get Impale yo. 
  3. Still haven't rerolled hunter? Your audiobook is getting to the good part eh? Too bad, welcome to STV. Get your 5/5 TM on baby. 
    • Your talent spec at level 30 http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhGxbhbo
    • Next step get 5/5 Axe for WW Axe. Level 35 now.
    • This part is based on preference. However, if you are on the PvP server get 3/3 Imp Hamstring. No need to thank me later, I take cheques.
  4. GG level 40. Don't have gold for the mount? What are you? A peasant? Go farm Elemental Earths/Gorillas man... 
  5. Mid-life crisis? Can't find a good 2H mid-40s? Got nothing but 1Hs in ZF? Ahead of the leveling curve and lacking decent opposite faction peeps around you?
  6. Blink. Blink. Looks around. Corpses everywhere. What? Man that Fury spec Walgrave suggested is some genocidal, anti-genova convention level shit.
  7. Gz on 60 bruv. 

Some more tips to leveling:-

• Don't gather/level anything but skinning/first aid, you want to stay ahead of the leveling curve from the initial launch.
  • Do as little travelling as possible. Use whatever guides/routes necessary to minimize travelling. You should be killin' n dingin'.
  • Avoid packed areas of questing especially in contested areas, look for your quest mobs in the area of least PvP resistance. 

Since September 21st I've done A LOT of testing/research and now I see clearly the differences.

1. Bloodcraze is superior to few more AP (coz' of overkilling but also because of bloodcraze actually decrease your downtimes ALOT)

2. imp. heroic strike  is useless (3 more parry is way better), you are not using HS is lategame never ever [especially if fury specced]

3. more tactical mastery is superior to imp. charge; also tactical mastery > imp. hamstring (I feel like imp. hamstring is kinda useless coz there's no need to "root" your enemies in pvp [the 40-50% slow is way enough]

4. booming voice is superior to un. wrath (unless you are pve dps specced {for endgame content but we are tlalking here about leveling})

5. leveling as Arms may be better than Fury (but it depends of your playstyle, loot RNG and type of server {pve/pvp}). There's a big gap of 2h axes between whirlwind axe and another superior (easy obtainable); also mortal strike is only working with SLOW weapons and while leveling few of those "late game" axes have a quick swing.

The list of easy obtainable 2h-axes from lvl 31 to 60 (with arms build you skill axes spec [+5% crit] form lvl 31 to 36):

REQ lvl - dps / atack speed / text - name [how to obtain]
57 - 53,1 / 3,4 / hit:55dot - Gravestone War Axe [Scholo boss]
54 - 50,5 / 3,7 / 30ap 1crit - Dreadforge Retaliator [BRD boss]
53 - 49,8 / 4,0 / hit:100dmg+6dot - The Nicker [LBRS elite]
51 - 43,5 / 2,6 / 22str 7sta - Angerforge's Battle Axe [BRD boss] (pre 1.10 version)
50 - 42,6 / 3,3 / 72apVSbeasts - Beastslayer [Un'Goro quest]
50 - 42,7 / 2,4 / 21str 6sta - Limb Cleaver [BRD quest]

48 - 45,8 / 3,2 / hit:230dot - Gatorbite [MARA boss]
37 - 37,3 / 3,5 / hit:WW - Ravager [SM:arms boss]
32 - 32,6 / 2,7 / 18str 7sta - Thermaplugg's Left Arm [Gnome boss]
30 - 35,6 / 3,6 / 15str 14sta - Whirlwind Axe [Class quest] 
29 - 28,9 / 3,8 / 15str 8sta - Corpsemaker [RFK boss]

Pink items are not the RNG drop.
Ofc. You can always buy a blue axe around lvl 43... (but prices at fresh server are horrible)

Big thanks guys.