Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spookyskeleton

What Race - pls read

48 posts in this topic

What race should my rogue be? Srs answers only pls.

Undead

• wotf
  • eating corpses
  • looks cool, good animations
  • literally a spooky zombie skeleton

Gnome 

• escape artist
  • hard to click
  • ankle biter
  • everyone hates getting killed by a gnome

Night elf female

• purple
  • look good while you're killing fools
  • suboptimal race means you're a special snowflake
  • can pretend to be a girl to try and get free stuff

I just can't decide.

Edited by spookyskeleton

Tough choice but I'd have to say Undead for three reasons: 

#1. Horde.

#2. Spooky Scary fucking Skeleton!

#3. WotF for those pesky warlocks.

Rofl, these points, i think to this point, everyone knows that GIRL = Guy In Real Life thing, so free cookies aint working anymore.

Orc enhancement shamans FTW, just coz they're imba ^^

Human.
- diplomacy
- everybody likes you, and if they don't, you have superior mace and sword skill
- everyone looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger

Alternatively, go dwarf.
- too angry to be stopped
- can turn into rock to better understand surroundings
- if you play a female, it's the only one of that class on the server

Edited by Xaverius

3 hours ago, Dankatron said:

Tough choice but I'd have to say Undead for three reasons: 

#1. Horde.

#2. Spooky Scary fucking Skeleton!

#3. WotF for those pesky warlocks.

Tough choice but I'd have to say NOT Undead for three reasons: 

#1. Not Horde.

#2. Not that ugly decaying shit corpse!

#3. WotF for those pesky warlocks. This would do but..undead suck anyway xD

Horde:
Undead for wotf in PvP.
Orc for Blood Fury in PvE.

Alliance:
Human for sword skill and perception for PvP and PvE.
Gnome for escape artist/more difficult to target when they move around with noggenfogger haha.

Depends what you will be focusing on tbh

if you really have to choose between those three, which are almost the worst alternatives, go ud

Edited by Ciar

From my pov, think about your weakest matchup.
--> Warrior. What racial can help you there---> Stoneform to get rid of bleeds. --> take dwarf.(getting out of blind is also pretty nice)

Edited by Nuar

Since you listed the upsides I'll show you the downsides.

Undead

- Is Horde and has a bigger community (On the PvP server). You might think, but how is this a downside? If Nostalrius is anything to go by then you can expect double if not triple the BG queue time. And you can expect to fight premades on a regular basis as well.

- Is Horde. This means you're going to fight Paladins with Shamans on your side. Shamans are as easy as baking a cake to kill for Rogues. Unless you can't bake cakes.

Night Elf

- You're a Night Elf, just like the rest of em. Not played as much as Human but you're certainly not a rare sight, not even or should I say, especially not as a Rogue.

- You're not a Human. If you do decide to do some PvE your DPS will be behind purely on the basis of your race.

Gnome

- You're not a Human. If you do decide to do some PvE your DPS will be behind purely on the basis of your race.

- 'Hard to target' is a myth. I've never seen or heard anybody say that they had trouble targeting a gnome. If you somehow for the life of you can't target a Gnome then I have some good news. WoW automatically targets anyone that attacks you if you have no target selected. Or what about the tab key? You can't fail to target a Gnome with that.

3 minutes ago, RipTonight said:

- 'Hard to target' is a myth. I've never seen or heard anybody say that they had trouble targeting a gnome. If you somehow for the life of you can't target a Gnome then I have some good news. WoW automatically targets anyone that attacks you if you have no target selected. Or what about the tab key? You can't fail to target a Gnome with that.

+nameplates

55 minutes ago, RipTonight said:

...and yet, gnome's "clickbox" is the smaller of all races....so yeah, gnomes are harder to target using your mouse-left-click.

There is a reason cause all try-hard PvPers want to "Model Editing"....did you guess right? I bet you did....change gnome model to something bigger....

11 minutes ago, mrmr said:

...and yet, gnome's "clickbox" is the smaller of all races....so yeah, gnomes are harder to target using your mouse-left-click.

There is a reason cause all try-hard PvPers want to "Model Editing"....did you guess right? I bet you did....change gnome model to something bigger....

harder to target =/= hard to target.

I understand that you're a try-hard PvPer that has difficulty targeting gnomes, the rest of us do not.

Edited by RipTonight

1 minute ago, RipTonight said:

Smaller hitbox =/= hard to target.

harder to target =/= hard to target.

I understand that you're a try-hard PvPer that has difficulty targeting gnomes, the rest of us do not.

I nowhere said "hitbox"...I said clickbox and enclosed it in double-quotes for a reason....

...and once more, you're wrong...I'm not a try-hard PvPer...I will just get rank6 for free-pots...

SideNote:

I didn't say targetting gnome is hard...I said "gnomes are harder to target using your mouse-left-click".

Harder, compared to mouse-left-click-targetting other races.

2 minutes ago, mrmr said:

I nowhere said "hitbox"...I said clickbox and enclosed it in double-quotes for a reason....

...and once more, you're wrong...I'm not a try-hard PvPer...I will just get rank6 for free-pots...

SideNote:

I didn't say targetting gnome is hard...I said "gnomes are harder to target using your mouse-left-click".

Harder, compared to mouse-left-click-targetting other races.

I fixed it for you.

It's good that you admit you're a rank 6, at least people know your opinion isn't valid when it comes to PvP.

14 hours ago, spookyskeleton said:

can pretend to be a girl to try and get free stuff

14 hours ago, spookyskeleton said:

Srs answers only pls

ok then...

2 hours ago, RipTonight said:

It's good that you admit you're a rank 6, at least people know your opinion isn't valid when it comes to PvP.

Your opinion instead is very valid, cause you're a true PvPer....doesn't matter if you can't even understand that BIGGER = easier_to_mousetarget.

PvPer-mind right there....so true....

16 hours ago, spookyskeleton said:

What race should my rogue be? Srs answers only pls.

Undead

• wotf
  • eating corpses
  • looks cool, good animations
  • literally a spooky zombie skeleton

Gnome 

• escape artist
  • hard to click
  • ankle biter
  • everyone hates getting killed by a gnome

Night elf female

• purple
  • look good while you're killing fools
  • suboptimal race means you're a special snowflake
  • can pretend to be a girl to try and get free stuff

I just can't decide.

I think Orc Rogues are underrated. That stun resist is realy good in vanilla/tbc

So i cant help you because when i lay rogue im either Orc or Human.

2 hours ago, Marbo said:

ew, rogues. :| 

The one class everyone can master xD

Idk, I've seen a LOT of bad rogues.

15 hours ago, Nuar said:

From my pov, think about your weakest matchup.
--> Warrior. What racial can help you there---> Stoneform to get rid of bleeds. --> take dwarf.(getting out of blind is also pretty nice)

Warriors aren't that hard to kill except when they have a healer. They just take a long time to kill. Good frost mages are probably the hardest matchup.