Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spookyskeleton

What Race - pls read

48 posts in this topic

I think I made up my mind. Gonna roll a gnome female with pink pigtails (and name her something like Bloodorgy, or Killgore). Escape artist actually seems really good, up there with wotf for pvp. Forgot completely that it's only a 1 min cooldown in vanilla 'til I looked it up just now.

Also I figure most raiders are going to be humans, meaning they'll want swords and I can have first pick on all the daggers. :D The 5 sword skill is overrated anyways, you can get 10 skill for daggers just with talents and core leather gloves from MC. Or if you really want to go swords there's that 5 skill offhand sword from BWL, which your guild might give you priority on over a human.

undead

lol just saw u were rolling female gnome kys

Edited by ogtucker

4 minutes ago, ogtucker said:

undead

Fite me irl fgt.

Edited by spookyskeleton

5 hours ago, MeisterL said:

must be troll

what happen min-max boy ? fun is not in your books ?

if you want pvp, be undead, orc, or gnome

gnome means fighting paladins though

if you wanna pve, be human or, if you really wanna be horde, troll

if you only care about pve racials as a rogue and you dont wanna be alliance, troll is the race for you, since berserking>blood fury, and theres also beast slaying for magmadar and ZG

of course human is better though

Still think human is trash. 10 weapon skill is the cap and you can get 5 easy from items.

Edited by spookyskeleton

7 hours ago, spookyskeleton said:

Idk, I've seen a LOT of bad rogues.

Yeah, while it's design is like flawless compared to most vanilla classes.  

6 hours ago, ogtucker said:

undead

LOL OGCUCKER

LOL

LOL

Maybe people dont like to play trolls, but i think you must remember, that troll dance is best dance out of all out there, that capoeira mastery is wicked.

Undead for PvP if horde.

On ally for PvP I'd go gnome or dwarf, gnome escape artist and dwarf can remove bleeds which is very underrated in PvP (A half-brained warrior will keep rend up on you so that u cannot vanish).

2 minutes ago, LorewalkerCho said:

Undead for PvP if horde.

On ally for PvP I'd go gnome or dwarf, gnome escape artist and dwarf can remove bleeds which is very underrated in PvP (A half-brained warrior will keep rend up on you so that u cannot vanish).

Just vanish -> cheapshot between rend ticks. A half-brained rogue can time it.

Edited by spookyskeleton

Best race/class combos for pvp on alliance:

Gnome mage, high intellect and escape artist

Dwarf paladin, for stoneskin, better than humans perception and mace/sword specialization

Gnome warrior, for escape artist

Dwarf priest, for stoneskin and fear ward

Night elf hunter, for shadowmeld

Picking human anything other than rogue is going to be a bad choice for PvP.

For horde if you want something good and unique, play orc rogue/warlock. The stun resistance is great.

Edited by Daribon

The amount of underestimation of the Blind-Break in this thread is big. 
Also Vanishing in between ticks isn't hard sure, but think about the free energy ticks you can get, by completly resetting with Stoneform-Vanish.
(also think about opponent rogues, who cripple-rupture restealth to get another free opener)
Dwarf Rogues reign supreme in PvP. Period. 
The point that good mages might be the harder challenge, while true can't be helped even by picking Gnome(0.5sec EA --> every decent mage will imp blizzard you on activation/or CoC if you are too close)
Just deck yourself in FAP/LAP/Frost Reflector/Net/Prep/Double Vanish/Imp Sprint/Spider Belt/skull Of impending doom
- somewhere around the line you do have enough tools to deal with a mage and one can only do so much, if he still beats you that's that.
Mages have the edge in the matchup afterall.

@Daribon Human is picked for PvE reasons. Sure Perception can be nice, but it's still alot more situational. You might argue you  get Druids that go Flagpicks, but to use it halfway decently you need a hunter nearby.
I advise my Druids that go for pick to always walk in with abolish+bear+frost reflector against that setup tho. That renders Perception relatively useless unless you do mirror duels.

Stoneform is pretty good though. It gives you immunity to Bleed, Poison, and Disease effects. In addition to a 10% Armor increase for 8 seconds. There are a lot of effects that can be escaped with this.

It´s insane vs other Rogues because dispelling and become immune to Crippling Poison, Deadly Poison, Blind, Rupture and Garroge is broken. But it´s useless against Warlocks and Mages.

I could never play a Dwarf. Dwarfs are so nasty they make Orcs look like female Night Elfs.

6 minutes ago, Nuar said:

The point that good mages might be the harder challenge, while true can't be helped even by picking Gnome(0.5sec EA --> every decent mage will imp blizzard you on activation/or CoC if you are too close)

Gnome´s Escape Artist racial is on a 1 second cast timer I believe, not 0.5 sec. Which only favors your argument.

I do have to say that most Mages you fight in WPvP aren´t smart enough to counter Escape Artist. But those that do will any Rogue regardless of the racials they have.

19 minutes ago, RipTonight said:

Stoneform is pretty good though. It gives you immunity to Bleed, Poison, and Disease effects. In addition to a 10% Armor increase for 8 seconds. There are a lot of effects that can be escaped with this.

It´s insane vs other Rogues because dispelling and become immune to Crippling Poison, Deadly Poison, Blind, Rupture and Garroge is broken. But it´s useless against Warlocks and Mages.

I could never play a Dwarf. Dwarfs are so nasty they make Orcs look like female Night Elfs.

Gnome´s Escape Artist racial is on a 1 second cast timer I believe, not 0.5 sec. Which only favors your argument.

I do have to say that most Mages you fight in WPvP aren´t smart enough to counter Escape Artist. But those that do will any Rogue regardless of the racials they have.

Nah, the cast time is only 0,5s

Gnome if you want to make people truly tilt, everyone hates getting killed by them.

Tho you didn't mention it, Dwarf Female is like the fountain of youth, never seen nor found.

Undead if you never want to raid (unless you're lucky)... srs.

Night elf is a safe bet, plus that dodge increase yo

40 minutes ago, RipTonight said:

Not as nasty and ugly as orc females.. i've always wondered htf orc procreate xD

17 minutes ago, AzAMOuS said:

Dwarf Female is like the fountain of youth, never seen nor found.

Agreed:$ (Tbh dwarf females, though not taken seriously often, are cutest than human and elf ones, only an opinion:P)

Edited by Blackrobe

16 hours ago, faustito said:

what happen min-max boy ? fun is not in your books ?

I don't see where this is going ^^
Are you saying you meant your tauren warrior for real? in a thread about rogues?

NE for extra dodge + lore, no one wants to be an expired human/elf (aka undead) :P 

On 2016-09-24 at 2:55 PM, spookyskeleton said:

Just vanish -> cheapshot between rend ticks. A half-brained rogue can time it.

Sure, but I'm talking about when you don't want to engage combat directly after your vanish.

I'd say Human is the best PvE race and Undead the best PvP race.

Edited by tjvm
them capital letters