Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 9/26/2016

66 posts in this topic

Excellent as always. I look forward to these every Monday.

Love hearing pathing issues are being fixed. If you guys get pathing right you will be better than every single private server out the gate.

I love monday updates hehe.
Glad to hear about stuff getting removed from the start where they don't belong.
That gives me a big smile in my face 9_9

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

- Items that had their stats buffed after the release of Blackwing Lair have (mostly) had their stats reverted to the old pre-buff values.  This affects most of the epic PvP gear and a large number of dungeon drops.  This does not affect raid tier set items.  These items will be restored to their buffed states at the same time the removed items are added.

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

- Items that were added to boss drop tables in patches 1.9 and 1.10, ie. Spellweaver's Turban, have been removed from the drop tables.  They will be re-added to the drop tables around the time of the War Effort / AQ instance launch.

So PvP gear wont be upgraded before AQ patch. There goes the reason to get rank 14.

Darkrasp specifically said after the release of BWL, so seeing as the Rank 14 weapons got updated exactly when BWL came out, I'm going to assume that the weapons are going to be post buff but the rest of the pvp gear is not.

Rank 14 weapons will not be nerfed, they're going to be released in their 1.12-state from launch.  Our plan is to launch the Honor system approximately 12 weeks prior to BWL, so that the BWL release will coincide with the first possible chance for someone to hit R14. 

I should have clarified that I only meant the Armor items will be nerfed.  I'll edit the update to reflect that.

Edit: Update has been edited to clarify our position on R14 weapons. @Frost

Edited by Darkrasp

@Darkrasp Will you remove the Honor Tab or how will it be ingame without honor system ? You will just disable the rank gain each weeks maintaince ?

rip pvp ranking scene on crestfall boys

forming up prem stacked with 10 wars 5 rogues as theyll be the only ones ranking

Great update Darkrasp, love reading these in the bus :)

Is there any sort of itemupdate at BWL? As i understand only a couple of recipes or items from vendors?

Gl on stream.

Sorry to see @kab drop out hope all is well. @Roadblock is a really good add though.

Well, you can expect a division in perception from those thinking progress is glacial and those thinking about a snowball at the top of a hill.

Either way, winter is coming....soon...GMT+1   

Thanks for the update, i have never read weekly newspapers but your updates, they're awesome.:D

And one question came to my mind, I know this question is annoying but i haven't been in discord chat or forums for a while and not sure about current state of things. I have relistened Q&A today and you have mentioned that beta was supposed to start at the end of the summer if nothing goes wrong. Do you guys still planning 2016 launch and this beta delay is the part of your plan? 

Edited by limov417

Not sure whether this has been talked about already: won't the nerfs and restrictions on the accessability of gear make the crafted gear way too good by comparison?

Edited by Harpa

@Darkrasp If it is not possible to gather hardware data using loginserver, what do you think of writting a small custom launcher to do just that?

16 minutes ago, Spielzeug said:

@Darkrasp If it is not possible to gather hardware data using loginserver, what do you think of writting a small custom launcher to do just that?

We can gather hardware data via the logonserver already with hardware surveys. 

People could probably get around it with emulators, right? Is there any way to prevent that?

6 minutes ago, Harpa said:

People could probably get around it with emulators, right? Is there any way to prevent that?

We plan to do testing with all methods. It may not be perfect, but we'll do our best to make it harder to do normally, and then watch for it for those who do bypass.

8 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

This includes many reputation rewards, the level 60 blue PvP items, and a handful of other items.

@Darkrasp Does this include the R14 weapons added in 1.11, i.e Grand Marshal's Warhammer?

@Harpa Well while most VMs let you change MAC at will, they do have virtual devices setups which can be recognized. I don't think it is easy to change them either.

@Asura So if the server would pull the hardware survey, it would be easy to spot?

On Nost I remember being able to loot DMF items like glowing scorpid blood, vibrant plumes and evil bat eyes...is it blizzlike to withhold them? (aren't they just normal items, not stuff added specially for rep like the AD ones)

Lovely with an update, though one thing worries me; if you're not reverting quest items to the pre 1.11 state, isn't it very possible that the pre-raid bis items will all just be overpowered quest items? Obviously it doesn't matter much for leveling and whatnot, but I know that for warriors for instance, the green belt from the Kargath questline is already preraid bis even with 1.11 items from dungeons, so I'm just worried we wont get anything outta dungeon gear :/

Anyway, thank you so much for all your hard work!