Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 9/26/2016

66 posts in this topic

Oh, it's technically possible, but requiring client patches scares away a lot of players, not to mention it'd be a lot of work to implement something like that, and it isn't work we even want to do in the first place.  Item rollbacks have turned out to be exactly the rabbit hole I thought they would be, and I'm overjoyed to be nearly finished with them.

Thanks for another great update! This really is the only MMORPG project I am excited about or interested in at this point, and your commitment to a great product is most of the reason. I can tell you folks put in an incredible amount of work and take this very seriously. Can't thank you enough for that.

5 hours ago, Mecher said:

oh well, i guess

pvp on crestfall is going to be something else, can't wait to see masochist warriors running around in their level 58 leveling tier pvp sets with no applicable t1/2 gear like every other class has and pre-buffed BRE with no stam and the 300 armor reduction curse on target mages can just decurse off, wew

also paladins running around in full banana gear until ZG/AQ as t2 is optimized for ret and the un-updated paladin pvp set is probably the worst optimized set for anything in the game. i suppose it will be cool to see some of the ZG set pieces be utilized by a few people maybe

gunna be a grand time for the ol alliance premades

pve hero ud mage for me, t2 and shadowflame boiiiiii, see you guys in wpvp as thats the only place anyone will be aside from people(?) like slipry and monkeynews

You LITERALLY described vanilla perfectly there.

1 minute ago, Nogar said:

You LITERALLY described vanilla perfectly there.

With the exception of 1.12.1 itemized tier sets ofc

8 hours ago, Papavicks said:

Thanks for another great update! This really is the only MMORPG project I am excited about or interested in at this point, and your commitment to a great product is most of the reason. I can tell you folks put in an incredible amount of work and take this very seriously. Can't thank you enough for that.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

@Darkrasp

Are you guys willing to make a Left-to-do list and "tick" bullets as development progresses? That way it's going to be more clear as to whats left to be done for us too.

Where can i ask questions about some bugs that ussually occurs on so called blizzlike servers so u can check it during beta?

1 hour ago, Oratai said:

Where can i ask questions about some bugs that ussually occurs on so called blizzlike servers so u can check it during beta?

Don't.  Apply for closed beta, or wait for open beta, and then test it yourself and make reports if necessary.

1 hour ago, Kappapride said:

@Darkrasp

Are you guys willing to make a Left-to-do list and "tick" bullets as development progresses? That way it's going to be more clear as to whats left to be done for us too.

That would be for Asura to do, not me.

On 28.9.2016 at 7:38 PM, Darkrasp said:

Don't.  Apply for closed beta, or wait for open beta, and then test it yourself and make reports if necessary.

Where to apply for closed beta? really excited about the server cant wait!

On 28.9.2016 at 7:38 PM, Darkrasp said:

@Asura

heuheu :) pleasseee?

On ‎27‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 2:26 AM, Darkrasp said:

Items that had their stats buffed after the release of Blackwing Lair have (mostly) had their stats reverted to the old pre-buff values.  This affects most of the epic PvP armor and a large number of dungeon drops.  This does not affect raid tier set items.  These items will be restored to their buffed states at the same time the removed items are added, around the time of the War Effort / AQ instance Launch.

So if i get my nerved dungeonitems or pvp-epic gear b4 the restoration of stats, do i have to farm/grind them again with better stats or are u able to restore all of theses items players already use (inventory / equiped). Cause i think many wouldn´t like to grind to r14 again xD if they did once before the restoration.

On 30. 9. 2016 at 1:05 PM, Kalleroth said:

So if i get my nerved dungeonitems or pvp-epic gear b4 the restoration of stats, do i have to farm/grind them again with better stats or are u able to restore all of theses items players already use (inventory / equiped). Cause i think many wouldn´t like to grind to r14 again xD if they did once before the restoration.

They'll change in your inventory. It's actually much more easier that way :D.

and what about green items with random +stats, especialy the Pvp-Twink fans wanna know that ( huge fan of 29 here )

if my mail leggins of the bear (29) have +8 sta; +8str will they have + 9sta, +9str after restoration? ( actually these are Wotlk stats of 29 leggins, guess in classic these are different but the cap there was +9,+9

same question for +frostspelldmg or spelldamage at 19 (it´s very hard to find in classic gear and mostly on random greens)...

On 27. 9. 2016 at 2:26 AM, Darkrasp said:

Items that had their stats buffed after the release of Blackwing Lair have (mostly) had their stats reverted to the old pre-buff values.

You do of course realize this makes a Crestfall web db a necessity :P. I'm not crawling archive thottbots.