Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elicas

guide
Fishing & Cooking 1-300

1. you could have saved this for post #1000 as I'm curious to see if you go back to being a grunt

2. really nice useful post, maybe too bloody useful >:( now all the muppets will be on EZ fishing/cooking mode

3. bah, humbug 

This was the only way I could ever do Cooking, with Fishing. (Otherwise I NEVER had enough meat!)

Can't wait to chill out and do them both after a hard grind.

Hyped for the server release so i can level up cooking+ fishing again with my druid <3
Love fishing !

Great guide! I always level fishing and cooking while leveling so I can use the materials from the mobs, instead of vendoring them :D  However this guide just makes it even easier and gives me a deeper insight to how the mechanics of the professions works, so that's awesome.

57 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

1. you could have saved this for post #1000 as I'm curious to see if you go back to being a grunt

2. really nice useful post, maybe too bloody useful >:( now all the muppets will be on EZ fishing/cooking mode

3. bah, humbug 

Post #1000 obviously gets me immediate alpha access.

<crosses fingers>

1 minute ago, Elicas said:

Post #1000 obviously gets me immediate alpha access.

<crosses fingers>

That's me screwed then. You're a good friend Elicas, best wishes to you and yours in the realm and thank you for your informative posts. 

/moo

Brill Elicas, looks like I may actually be levelling Fishing past 75 this time round!

10 minutes ago, Tylus said:

Brill Elicas, looks like I may actually be levelling Fishing past 75 this time round!

This is exactly what I was worried about 

This is brilliant! I read a lot of guides over the years and yours is definitely one of the top 3. Thanks, tho I think I won't need it =)

I leveled cooking as a hunter during vanilla - it was a disaster! I thought I had to decide between giving the food to my pet or cooking it. Giving the cooked stuff to it didnt't come to my mind :S

I've updated it with the full list of catches/time etc. for each level up to 225, i'll update the sections after 225 once CF releases and I do it for real.

It amuses me that my most popular guide is the one about fishing and cooking. 9_9

This is entirely too many characters to use when stating the simple yet elegant art of being self-sustained and not relying on mages to conjure pastries.

Also you have a typo there.

It's actually worth doing the fishing/cooking quests together as well, since you'll be going to Swamp of Sorrows for the fish and you can get clams off the crabs and murlocs while you're there. (it can also be done at lvl 35 depending on class, though rumours of tougher mobs on CF may change that)

20 Alterac Swiss cheese. There is no where to but it nearby, it's recommended you bring it with you before coming to get the quest, otherwise you have lots of running/flying back to a capital city.

There is one location nearby (sorta), and ironically it's horde only (the faction with very little cheese) at Freewind Post.

Edited by Momonn

6 hours ago, Momonn said:

There is one location nearby (sorta), and ironically it's horde only (the faction with very little cheese) at Freewind Post.

Didn't know that, but that's my Alliance bias showing through ^^

I think you can buy alterac swiss in Theramore, but don't quote me on that.

1) Fish in the starting area until AB.

1) Queue for AB.

2) Fish here until AV.

3) Queue for AV.

4) Fish here to 300.

But I'd also hit areas that had money making fish, deviate, and sagefish. Ie, river next to TM, lake near Dalaran.