Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AzAMOuS

Your Best Moment in your WoW 'career'

42 posts in this topic

As the title suggests, what is the best moment (could also be interpreted as 'favorite moment') in your WoW 'career'? I have multiple moments I'd like to share.

2006 - Kul'Tiras EU (yep, the real Kul'Tiras, I was on there)

• Made a Night Elf hunter, spent a majority of my time walljumping and getting to secret places, like up the wall of Goldshire inn or glitching under Stormwind
  • Met a player named 'Salladin' - spent a lot of time questing with him, spending hours doing literally not much at all but still having tons of fun

2007 - Chromaggus EU

• Made a rogue called 'Azamous' and levelled it up, around level 30 in STV, I decided I wanted to quit, so I deleted my character. After a moment of retardation; I proceeded to delete this character, after realizing my mistake, I paged a GM and got it recovered, then I logged on and got a whisper from someone saying they missed me and I received Clefthoof Leg Armor in my mailbox, still friends with that person to this day.

I have more, but my memory is a bit fuzzy right now, I'll indulge further if the thread picks up.

Edited by AzAMOuS

My very first login on day 3 after the European release in 2005. Tho I played during beta it was the most magnificent moment in front of my computer. The first steps, everything flooded with people who have no clue and wander around. It was amazing. (It was not possible to play on the first two days. Servers just didn't handle the inrush =) )

26/07/2015 Joined Nostalrius made a Human Mage Remember hitting 30 and going to STV just to get destroyed by groups of horde. Only months later to come back as level 60 to take my revenge :) 

Doing dungeons(esp. BFD) with my newmet buddies on Nost (Reveersal, Makaros, Legday, Litterbox)

Running around in Hinterlands on my 47 warrior, witnessing incredible amounts of players moving on Dragons of Nightmare release (Nost)

Defeating Yogg'Saron on Theatre of Dreams (progressive wotlk, pre nerf Ulduar) with my all time favourite guild. Has to be the best of all.

Edited by Clavus

My glad titles.

Other than that, my most enjoyable time in WoW was back in WotLK as well when we had a 25 man raiding guild with just people from my small hometown. Renting locales during school breaks and having the whole guild LAN together was so much fun. I will never forget when we finally got "the Immortal" achievement and title in Naxx... 25 sweaty, hormonal teenagers releasing their roar of triumph at the same time was just something epic. I'll never forget those moments. 

Edited by Cinder
cheesy

Anytime Tiny Crimson Whelping drops (around 12 so far on as many realms as you can think of)

February 2005:

during a  couple of intense Halo 2 Lan Parties with friends, (came out around the same time as wow), some of us would get out our laptops/dekstops and play other games. Tabasco Jasko was the first of us to have the game. He had a Nelf rogue and was chilling around lvl 20. we were all interested in this "new world" and he showed it off to us by doing a deadmines run. he explained about tanks, healers and dps, but none of us really knew much about the game. the run took almost 2 hours, but we were having a blast just drinking and watching him interact with his party. after a few wipes and successes they finally cleared the dungeon.

Needless to say we all had the game by the next weekend. My first character was a Nelf warrior, i liked the idea of tanking and dodge chance and invisibilty seemed OP as fuck to me. after i hit lvl 5-6 i met a druid named Themyth. we quested together all throughout the Nelf starting zone, and eventually became really good friends in RL. back in vanilla we'd actually myspace friend each other, and hand out our phone numbers for people to text each other about when we would log in. communities were formed, rather than small elitist groups like today.

it took me almost 6 months to reach level cap, and i remember being so proud of my warrior when i got full D1. Now everyone knows better, BiS or GTFO.

i guess what i liked the most were the friendships that were formed. even members of the opposing faction were known realm-wide for being honorable or just dirty gankers.

(These are from nostalrius)

Winning 1v1 against r14 nelf hunter as an orc warrior inside of stormwind.

Escaping a druid and a pala inside stormwind. Spotted by 2 allys in the old town and having 50% hp, i ran to the tavern, of which as you enter, you can go in by either turning left or right. I ran in (they saw me) and waited for them to come in, putting the camera angle to be as much inside as possible while being able to see when they enter. Just the moment i saw them come in by the left entrance, i exited from the right entrance. Took them a few moments to realise, they went out and saw me leave on my mount towards the trade district and they chased. I then turned left at the canal area and hid at some corner with boxes while they went to the wrong way

Causing roughly 1000 alliance deaths in redridge with a raid of 40 hordes, half max-levels and half lowbies. 300 of those alliance were lvl 60s. Not an achievement of skill though, just bloodshed and controversy.

Entering stormwind at level 19 with Sol and Whitekidney (lvl 60 and 59, guys who raced for server first maxlevel, Sol being the first lvl 60 in nostalrius)

Killing a lvl 3 warlock on the road to goldshire as a lvl 2 warrior at launch day, potentially first HK on server :D

Raiding northshire valley at nost pve release day and getting 200 hks

So many other things, i look forward to more epic moments in Crestfall! ^^

When I switched from being a Paladin to a Shaman. Not that Paladins aren't good. Actually I think they're amazing, and a well played support Paladin in PvP is the single most annoying foe I've ever faced. I'm just not good at playing one.

Shaman on the other hand "clicked" for me. Totems and all of it feels so right and is the class I was meant to be. So that was certainly one of my best WoW moments. The game became so much more enjoyable when I found my true calling (The Elements!).

The first time I ever saw wow it was a complete blast, a friend of mine was playing and wanted to show me. He was leveling a troll shaman in the barrens, I was completely stunned when realized how good the game was. Next day I bought one copy of the game for me.

Other than that, lots of good moments in my long career. The best moments in game are first time reaching lvl 60 cap and first time entering Karazhan. More recently, getting cutting edge FoS and realm best runs in CM with a guild of friends playing on a casual schedule, we were so good and played with such a cool atmosphere in ts.

Getting caught inside Gruul's lair and being the only one to die because I lagged and ran inside while the raid leader was explaining xD Never forget the amount of roaring laughter over Vent!

It's good to see some of your personal memories being shared in this thread; it's amazing really, what we all have in common is, we've all had amazing experiences on this game and that's why we are 'connected' to it, which is why we're talking to each other right now in the first place, we all enjoy playing World of Warcraft in it's truest form.

I'll share more recent memories.

2010 - Arena Tournament (private server)

• Spent a majority of time just doing rogue v rogue duels with friends, was tons of fun and we'd lose hours just dueling and vanishing each others blinds, still friends with one of these people to this day.
  • Had a partner who was pretty good at everything, we achieved 2400 rating in 2v2 and I got the special Wooly White Rhino mount and the Warglaive legendaries (on arena-tournament there was a transmogrification thing where you get items at the same stats as Wrathful weapons at x rating for the looks) - my partner quit but I came back year after year, just didn't feel the same afterwards though, felt impossible to find a partner with the same synergy/didn't feel fun anymore after he quit.

2015 - Nostalrius

• After spending years wasting time on servers such as Emerald Dream, Feenix, VanillaGaming and any other classic project, I've practically tested them all, I finally found Nostalrius and frequently checked on it before release and was there for the release time, made a ton of characters to reserve names such as 'Magic', 'Laintime', 'Stealth', 'Furious' - etc, I remember logging in on the character I had made called 'Silent' and how packed the starting zones were, it was almost impossible to quest, to the point where people were grouping in 5's because it was easier and the only place to really kill mobs was outside of the starting zone for Night Elves, all around the outskirts of the map, you couldn't find anything else to kill.
  • At level 35, the Horde decided to come and raid Stormwind with a ton of low levels (since no one had reached 60 at this time, to my knowledge, as it was early days) - they also tried raiding Westfall and other places, it was a ton of fun.
  • At level 40 I attained double Gut Ripper (cause the drop rate was bugged or I was extremely lucky) and spent alot of time in STV making peoples lives hell, one shotting clothies and even two/three shotting warriors. Was so much fun.
  • All of the World PvP that I did from 30-60 was a ton of fun, so fun that I had to record my gameplay and make videos about it.
  • At level 60, I struggled to find a good guild, but eventually wound up in an amazing guild called 'Edema Ruh' which was an American guild nonetheless and it was the first time I was apart of an American community, very different in comparison to the EU guilds, they'd ALWAYS have fun and no one ever raged, it was weird to me, to be in a community like that, it was also my fondest memory of a guild on World of Warcraft, I had so much fun in there. Also got my Perdition's Blade in one of my first MC runs with them, luckily.
  • Running UBRS millions of times to get my Truestrike Shoulders.
  • I also remember how packed Ironforge was, damn, there were so many people there.
  • I had so much fun in Battlegrounds, attached is an old screenshot of me in AB, could have better stats but still, it was tons of fun, especially with my Perdition's blade.

stats.jpg

Edited by AzAMOuS

10 hours ago, AzAMOuS said:

<snip>

I loved Nost PvE, was part of a European guild tho, i'm also european.
I don't know what you are complaining, your stats are pretty good from that AB hehe

3 hours ago, Ceagull said:

probably this

xmwbHyv.png

Like sometimes i hate and love at the same time being a PvE junky, cus i love doing PvE so much and the lootz are so gud !
But i never can use decent time for pvp, that's why i rarelly go beyond rank 4-6 in PvP :(
On Nost PvE i think the best i've been was like rank 4 or 5

Paladin tanking Kazzak. Will post ss  later. Other than that I was one outside ZG when a  horde raid rolled up, luckily they were cool and this one rogue was auto attacking me while I was wearing my force reactive disk. Lightning bolts were flying all around me at a hilarious rate. Probably my favorite moment.

http://i64.tinypic.com/29e6fig.png

Edited by Kazrid

There were some great moments:

• First time going to Echo Isles in the Beta
  • First walk through Shimmering Flats with the racing cars and entering Tanaris (such vast zones)
  • First time entering MC and didn't know anything what to do xD
  • First kill of Nefarian

Soloing Sha of Pride (cant remember if it was normal or heroic) back in MoP on my Ret Paladin guess that shows how easy retail WoW had and has become

Healing for Edema Ruh back on Nost so much fun and great memories

Probly : 

- entering Naxx back in 2006 - /scared

- clearing BC content up to Twins prenerf

- so many great RP/WPvP events back in vanilla days

- hearing "GORMOK THE IMPALER !" for the first time, rofl

- all the Feign Death + Freezing Trap and /bye to high level gankers :D

There were lots of them during last 10 years of playing Wow, but there is only one that I shall remember till the end of my life and that is logging for the first time to the game and being immediately struck by Teldrassil music. With jaws between my legs I roamed the vast world and I knew that I never want to leave...

The Moment i fell in love with WoW was when i reached LvL 10 ( or maybe it was 12 ) with my very first Char - Dwarf Hunter with his big gun back in vanilla, running through the Snowstorm of Dun Morogh taiming my mighty Bear who was my faithful fellow till i reached 60 ( i know the pet sucked but at this point i didn´t know and i didn´t care :) )

Solo AoE'ing two raids waiting for ZG buff, and getting away with it (not dying).

Edited by vaL

Motivated some dude I met on Valkyrie to get a job and break his drug habit. He then didn't have much time to play and we hadn't stayed in touch ;_;

Also that time when Felstriker dropped on my first run, and then again on the second run.

Edited by Svensson

Tanking Onyxia and Molten core as Main tank with my druid, it was so cool , before Nost shutdown