Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AzAMOuS

Your Best Moment in your WoW 'career'

42 posts in this topic
On 9/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, Ceagull said:

probably this

xmwbHyv.png

I was in same guild with you lol, Glad to see you again here.

Once on TBC, I reached scarab lord. Anyone could do that questline on stock TC. But it still took getting a raid together and not having anyone ninja the red scepter shard. And then I joined the ranks of scarab lords... but there was no one left to perform the traditional ceremony, as my guild went to wotlk already while I stayed on TBC. It was a pretty bittersweet moment.

I Started with a Human Warrior => moved to Westfall and died immediately to Level 10 Mobs => Quit WoW for 3-4 Months and started again :) Best Feeling Ever!

On 04/10/2016 at 7:16 PM, Xaverius said:

Once on TBC, I reached scarab lord. Anyone could do that questline on stock TC. But it still took getting a raid together and not having anyone ninja the red scepter shard. And then I joined the ranks of scarab lords... but there was no one left to perform the traditional ceremony, as my guild went to wotlk already while I stayed on TBC. It was a pretty bittersweet moment.

Oh thought you meant you did it on live lol Wonder if we have any SLs around.

So many good moments to pick from; me and a friend kiting Rexxar to Shattrath in TBC, which ended with hours of pvp outside the city. We were a PvE server so it was fun. Kiting stuff you could really cause some mischieft. There was a mob in Sholazar Basin in Wrath that did a 40k aoe. We took him through Icecrown to the Tournament when every guild was gathering for ToC for the first time. We weren't popular for a while...

2 minutes ago, DeeMarie said:

There was a mob in Sholazar Basin in Wrath that did a 40k aoe. We took him through Icecrown to the Tournament when every guild was gathering for ToC for the first time.

*takes notes*

Well, I dunno if we have any SLs around, but we sure could try being one ourselves!

3 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

*takes notes*

Well, I dunno if we have any SLs around, but we sure could try being one ourselves!

Ha true, we'll get two, maybe three if they open another server. My live server's SL was the 16 year old leader of our top guild, came World #2 in Naxx iirc. No one knew how old he was :|

I have so many increadible memories but one funny one that i still remember, is walking for the first time into a dungeon as a Paladin and watching the warrior tank pulling packs with a Bow, he looked like a magestic eagle to me i don't know why i though that it was awsome and very cleaver. Then i spent the next days trying to get a bow just to find that paladins can't equipe it.

Edited by Escene

- My first character in WoW a Night Elf Druid. Never really got far on him but the nostalgia of your first ever character is always a good memory.

- Killing Kael'Thas in TBC just 2 days before 3.0.2 and getting Hand of A'dal.

- Running to Ironforge from Teldrassil for the first time, going through the wetlands. A true adventure.

Not the best moment in my WoW career but a highlight from Nostalrius:

I'm an undead mage running through STV doing my thing and I come across a gnome warlock and another undead mage. They seem to be enjoying each others company, sitting down together etc. I was in the lower 30s and the other two were around 36-37. I'm thinking well this is harmless, no need to run the other way from lock when suddenly he starts blasting on me. A duel ensues. But I had no chance against the lock. All the while my fellow undead mage is standing there /cheering the warlock who is hard ganking me. I messaged the mage after I died and he says something to the effect of 'u mad bro?'. Fair enough.

The next day I am coming out of Stromgarde Keep in the Arathi Highlands. Running back to Hammerfall when by some divine chance I spot that god damn mage running past me. 'Time to get some revenge', I thought to myself. So I follow the guy, keeping my distance James Bond style, into Stromgarde where he starts trying to solo the elite mobs. As a mage this is a kitefest that practically consumes all your mana to kill just one elite, so every spell counts and you can't afford many mistakes. 

I wait til the mob is at 30%. Then I polymorph it. The dude is fairly low on mana here but he keeps plugging. The mob regens some health. I repeat this process til the mob is back at 100% hp and the guy is left with no mana. He's getting pissed. 

He sits down to log off. 

I hide around the corner with my camera panned around so I can see him but he can't see me. He logs back on. 

He pulls mob.. I wait til it's low again then pop out from round the corner and polymorph it. He is unable to kill the mob due to rapid poly regeneration. At this point he is getting pretty mad. Starts asking me wtf my problem is, leave him the fuck alone etc. I remain silent.

So he runs down toward the entrance and logs out again. Whilst he's logging out I hide myself between the ramparts that jut out of the castle wall. Once again I pan my camera so I can see where he logged off but he can't see me. 

I bide my time patiently, knowing that every wasted minute will be worth the sweet taste of vengeance. 

Eventually he logs back on. I watch him run up the corridor towards the elites. I sneak up the corridor like a god damn ninja and unleash another polymorph. By this point we've been at the Keep for about 30 minutes and he hasn't been able to kill a single thing.

This is when he goes completely psycho. Spamming caps at me, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU???". I remain silent. I can tell he is rustled. He is having a nervous breakdown. His tears of rage taste sweet.

Finally he has had enough. He leaves the Keep. I follow him out to make sure he is leaving, and sure enough he runs into the distance. As his figure disappears past the horizon I send him a message saying 'remember when you watched your fellow hordie get ganked in STV yesterday? this is what happens'.

Mission complete. I hope he learnt his lesson.

Now I know this probably makes me a psycho for actually taking the time out of my day to harass someone like that, but I think it was wholly deserved. And in the end he got to find out why someone was making his life hell. He was repenting for his sins :)

20 minutes ago, Arcane said:

Not the best moment in my WoW career but a highlight from Nostalrius:

I'm an undead mage running through STV doing my thing and I come across a gnome warlock and another undead mage. They seem to be enjoying each others company, sitting down together etc. I was in the lower 30s and the other two were around 36-37. I'm thinking well this is harmless, no need to run the other way from lock when suddenly he starts blasting on me. A duel ensues. But I had no chance against the lock. All the while my fellow undead mage is standing there /cheering the warlock who is hard ganking me. I messaged the mage after I died and he says something to the effect of 'u mad bro?'. Fair enough.

The next day I am coming out of Stromgarde Keep in the Arathi Highlands. Running back to Hammerfall when by some divine chance I spot that god damn mage running past me. 'Time to get some revenge', I thought to myself. So I follow the guy, keeping my distance James Bond style, into Stromgarde where he starts trying to solo the elite mobs. As a mage this is a kitefest that practically consumes all your mana to kill just one elite, so every spell counts and you can't afford many mistakes. 

I wait til the mob is at 30%. Then I polymorph it. The dude is fairly low on mana here but he keeps plugging. The mob regens some health. I repeat this process til the mob is back at 100% hp and the guy is left with no mana. He's getting pissed. 

He sits down to log off. 

I hide around the corner with my camera panned around so I can see him but he can't see me. He logs back on. 

He pulls mob.. I wait til it's low again then pop out from round the corner and polymorph it. He is unable to kill the mob due to rapid poly regeneration. At this point he is getting pretty mad. Starts asking me wtf my problem is, leave him the fuck alone etc. I remain silent.

So he runs down toward the entrance and logs out again. Whilst he's logging out I hide myself between the ramparts that jut out of the castle wall. Once again I pan my camera so I can see where he logged off but he can't see me. 

I bide my time patiently, knowing that every wasted minute will be worth the sweet taste of vengeance. 

Eventually he logs back on. I watch him run up the corridor towards the elites. I sneak up the corridor like a god damn ninja and unleash another polymorph. By this point we've been at the Keep for about 30 minutes and he hasn't been able to kill a single thing.

This is when he goes completely psycho. Spamming caps at me, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" "WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU???". I remain silent. I can tell he is rustled. He is having a nervous breakdown. His tears of rage taste sweet.

Finally he has had enough. He leaves the Keep. I follow him out to make sure he is leaving, and sure enough he runs into the distance. As his figure disappears past the horizon I send him a message saying 'remember when you watched your fellow hordie get ganked in STV yesterday? this is what happens'.

Mission complete. I hope he learnt his lesson.

Now I know this probably makes me a psycho for actually taking the time out of my day to harass someone like that, but I think it was wholly deserved. And in the end he got to find out why someone was making his life hell. He was repenting for his sins :)

So basically it was version 2.0 of American Pshyco?

:D

TBC and WotLK arenas were probably the most fun I've had in WoW. TBC felt amazing in general, as it was my first time playing the game. I started playing in April 2007, so I did experience the 1-70 leveling before the exp buff (which took me ~25 days /played by the way O.o). Raiding-wise, I would have to say Ulduar. We had a really good 10-man group and we were #1 on our server in 10-man progress. Those hard modes were some of the best fights in the game IMO. I wish we had enough people to do serious 25-man content as well, but since the guild wasn't international and not really that hardcore either, we were stuck with some slackers. After that, patch 3.3.0 went live and WoW started to turn into a facebook minigame, so I just uninstalled. It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by orestes

"I remain silent. I can tell he is rustled. He is having a nervous breakdown. His tears of rage taste sweet." http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/a3/09/a309159e01966281132c65f9d7ef87cb.png

A little shamefully my single short best moment is from cata, a few friends and i came back to wow after quiting when tbc came out. Cata was when they buffed elite npcs all around the world even in tol barad so that no wpvp can ever happen even in a designated PvP zone on a PvP server. These guards basically three shot you.

So after a tb game has ended horde fights alliance on the way out, there's a bridge out, on the right is alliance guards, left horde. I was an orc war, with about 3 other friends we kept fighting this alliance group who numbered about 5. 

They were all ranged and they kept firing at us from a distance and running back behind the guards every time we try to fight back. This continued for a good while and one of the warlocks logged on his horde alt to shit talk us after they were killed a couple times. You know the abusive type player this guy was. These guys were quite geared compared to us and we were just some regular "for the horde" kinda casual players who enjoyed wpvp, missed vanilla but felt out of place in a changed wow.

So after a while we decided to run in together and focus fire on the annoying warlock, just kill him and get killed by the guards, it would be worth it. 

So I the warrior run in, followed by a goblin resto shaman who was such a funny guy , the type that greet you like an old friend the first time you meet them and you end up spending the whole night cracking jokes and doing stupid shit like attacking a town with just the two of you etc.

Then we had I think a mage and a hunter. They cced what they could and we all run in. Warlock and his friends run straight back to the guards and starting making rude emotes at us. They were behind the guards thinking we would either turn around or get killed before getting them.

So I get earthfield from resto shammy and charge that warlock, pop all my CDs, deathwish, trinket, bloodfury, recklessness you name it, being fury 2h DW I had amazing burst with CDs plus the mage and hunter targeted the same guy.

We get this motherfucker, he gave up and just ran around his fucking npc guards, scared shitless, and we kill him just as everyones almost dead, especially me taking the guard hits.

The piece of shit was dead, but now what? Going back was not possible, not for me, i was too far behind enemy line, everyone else on my team was ranged and I saw they running back to safety but I had to jump to the river way down so I have a chance. I was going to die with one more hit but surviving would be so satisfying for me and so devastating for the warlock, he didn't release spirit, he was watching, waiting for me to die.

So I jumped, I could die at the bottom with fall damage, having almost no HP, but that would still be better than dying up there killed by alliance players or NPCs.

Then, as I'm falling, making peace with almost certain death....

A green light flashes through my body

Miracle!

I get a heal mid air, a big fat insta HEAL mid fucking air.

Time slowed to a crawl, I change my camera angle to look up,

there,  above my head, also in mid air, a tiny catshit yellow dude holding a huge round shield, flapping his tiny legs and arms helplessly, is the goblin shaman. 

"FUCK YOU GOD DAMN ALLIANCEEEEE, FUCK YOU WARLOCK!!!!!" He yells in red writings as he falls: "FOR THE HORDEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

He had just cast natures swiftness + greater heal in mid air on me. I take a few more big gun hits from the guards, but with earthshield and that big heal, I was alive and soon out of range for the guards.

Now I recall him charging in with me yelling furiously, healing me to make sure I don't die, hitting the lock with what little offensive spells he had, and finally following my lead to the leap of faith. 

Best.sidekick.ever!

We land, we wash ourselevs with the sweet river water, we mount up and ride into the sunset laughing.

----------------

Too bad blizz ruined this beautiful game, moments like that are countless in vanilla because the world is alive and the players are a community. Go CF.

I was my guild's tank , and got syndragoza Down as the last man standing (As a DK) , survived at 38 hp, there was so much screaming in the Teamspeak and the Adrenaline was real.