Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Papavicks

Show off your UI

170 posts in this topic

Send a picture of your UI and a bit of information about it. I've been using a pretty vanilla (heh) interface and want to update a bit when the move to Crestfall happens.

Follow these steps:

1.) Post a picture of your UI.

2.) <Optional> Explain how it's set up and why it works for what you do.

This is the most recent shot of mine in action, though since then it has gone through a further iteration.

Replaced Energy Watch with Rogue Focus, replaced SWStats with DPSMate, rejigged and re-scaled it to further save of screen space. The basic looks of my UI haven't changed in ten years though. I like a letterbox at the bottom with my bars on, unit frames central of the screen, threat and DPS bottom right, with a collapsible quest tracker above them, map top right with my buffs.

Coincidently, bonus shot of a #PvPmasterrace whining about being ganked on a PvP server. I was level 25, he was part of a level 28+ group doing Redridge Keep quests that I managed to stalk and wipe in Gath'ilzoggs room. Meni stronk gigglez.

When CF beta starts, I'll rework my UI again and post a more up to date version. I've got a few ideas on how to make it more efficient.

UI.jpg

U2zzKxvh.jpg

Don't have a recent one, but this is a screenshot of my UI when Nostalrius was shutting down.

You don't want to see screenshots of my original UI from classic :P

Addons visible are ChatSuey for chatframes (a personal edit), SW_Stats (dmg meter), Squeenix (minimap), KlhThreatMeter, Bagnon/Banknon for bags, Bongos (actionbars), LunaUnitFrames.

Other addons not visible out of combat or situational use are WIM (personal whispers), ShaguQuest/DB and QuestHistory, XLoot* (lootframes), Cartographer + plugins (worldmap, gathering), my CustomNameplates (enemy, friendly nameplates)

Finally CooldownTimers + Jim's Cooldown Pulse, MikScrollingBattleText and SpellAlert, SatrinaBuffFrames + DebuffFilter.

The last batch of addons takes quite a bit of configuration so you don't get information overload but each covers a specific need (for me) that I can't find in just one.

MoveAnything for moving things around that don't have options for movement themselves.

I'm also an addon author so there's a bunch of other small / utility addons that are not released to public that I'm using.

The general idea is that the immediate area around my character is clear so I can see the game world and at the same time all the real-time information I need to make combat decisions is in one general area (below and around my character) so I can see things immediately with my peripheral vision without requiring my eyes to jump to different corners of the screen.

Party / raid unitframes / tank / assist frames are arranged to the sides, also at the bottom half of the screen.

Non real-time information shows up at the top of the screen (professions, loot, questing etc etc)

I think this time around I might try to go a bit more for aesthetics apart from utility and will use modui as my base.

This is my UI with my fab guild at Nostalrius. I miss them, wow and all the community sooo much :(((

P.S. Shout out if you see yourself :D

WoWScrnShot_040916_222651.jpg

Edited by Chipses

Damn... take any screenshot of retail standard wow vanilla, and you have my UI : no modifications ! I like it that way :)

@minikN Kinda like the minimalistic style, but it triggers me that your unit frames are not alligned with the blue background :D

My UI i used when raiding on my holy paladin, also a picture of when everyone was lined up in protest over nost shutting down.

WoWScrnShot_040716_144045.jpg

18 minutes ago, Frost said:

@minikN Kinda like the minimalistic style, but it triggers me that your unit frames are not alligned with the blue background :D

I'm pretty sure that's his manabar offset from the healthbar to give it a pseudo-3D effect, kinda like material design.

58 minutes ago, Frost said:

38 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

I'm pretty sure that's his manabar offset from the healthbar to give it a pseudo-3D effect, kinda like material design.

Roadblock is correct. It baffles me tho that you don't realize that this is an ElvUI 3.5.5a clone for 1.12.1 I did a couple of years go. Google for ElvUI 3.5.5a to see the original and ElvUI for 1.12.1 to find my thread on WoW One. 

I like ur UI @Roadblock. Good tanking interface. I'll see if I can dig up some pics when I get home. Mine should look quite similar, but a bit less polished. I like it especially for tanking because you want the abilities you rotate between close af to your character, preferably (my preference) in a couple or so rows just like your one. And u also want your health bar and your pretty face close so you know when to pop cooldowns. Good stuff!

Does the F1-F2-F3 work well for your stance dancing? I always use CTRL+1 through 3. Perhaps my fingers are just shorter. xD

The UI I've been using for my rogue looks quite different actually. Roles matters alot, I mean just Look @Pattez. xD

54 minutes ago, Pinkbeard said:

@Roadblock

Does the F1-F2-F3 work well for your stance dancing? I always use CTRL+1 through 3. Perhaps my fingers are just shorter. xD

It works quite well for me but I also have spammable macro keybinds (not visible on screenshot) for fear dance etc.

My keybinds are built around ESDF rather than WASD (I prefer the typing pimple on F to "anchor" my left hand and to quickly reset it to resting position if I have to momentarily reach for something, and it also frees up more easy keys to the left. (I'm right-handed)

Edited by Roadblock

6 hours ago, Mal Do'Urden said:

@MrSusan Uhhh I <3 that UI, especially the second one. I guess you can call it dota UI :)

Hah, yeah it was also inspired by that. I've got 6k hours on DotA, it's hard not to get inspired by it. Makes you feel like you're on the road to 6k mmr even while you're playing WoW. If only I could make it come with an announcer pack. :ph34r:

@MrSusan

Would it be possible to PM me list of addons that you used? As a fellow dota player, would love to have some something similar :) 

Edit: Nvm, found it :) 

Edited by Mal Do'Urden

Guys, can you help me with a little request of mine? I didn't want to open a new thread specifically for it, so I decided that this is the best place to post.

Do you know an add-on that makes the nameplates/ii/whatever it's called similar to Legion's?

example

530726.jpg

NanBoxl.jpg

rogue-legion-alpha-combo-point-UI-antici

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sque

22 minutes ago, Sque said:

Guys, can you help me with a little request of mine? I didn't want to open a new thread specifically for it, so I decided that this is the best place to post.

Do you know an add-on that makes the nameplates/ii/whatever it's called similar to Legion's?

Thanks in advance!

There's CustomNameplates. Here's a screenshot:

e67afda4c109.jpg

You can find the download for it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6o12kjalm0psw9/CustomNameplates.zip

@Frost Sadly no, CustomNameplates doesn't. Most target casting bars hardly work as intended, let alone nameplates. Shoutouts to vanilla.

Didn't I post a fork of my CustomNameplates that includes a castbar just the other day?

Without: https://github.com/Road-block/CustomNameplates/releases

(several improvements over the earlier version MrSusan linked)

With castbars: https://github.com/laytya/CustomNameplates

(remember to rename the folder from CustomNameplates-master to CustomNameplates)

You could also give ShaguPlates a try: http://shaguaddons.ericmauser.de/shagucollection/

Edited by Roadblock