Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Papavicks

Show off your UI

164 posts in this topic

Here is mine, based on RisenUI. I added a couple addons, modified a LOT of small details(colors, fonts, positions mainly) and made it fit on my lower resolution notebook screen.

vlKxraQ.jpg

You can download the AddOns and my config: here

I have included some other useful addons which are not UI related, feel free to remove them if you'd like the UI only. Also please make a backup of your Interface and WTF folders before copying my files! Some addons are modified to fit my needs and resolution(1366x768), and you might not be able to customize these changes with the in-game menu of the addon. In this case I recommend using the original version of the addon.

Edited by shdw

48 minutes ago, shdw said:

Here is mine, based on RisenUI. I added a couple addons, modified a LOT of small details(colors, fonts, positions mainly) and made it fit on my lower resolution notebook screen.

I like what you've done with your minimap cluster.

9 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

I like what you've done with your minimap cluster.

It's actually 3 different FuBars, so it's not as great under the hood as it looks like. I had to use 2 different addons to put the coordinates under the subzone name, because with long names the text would just become wider than the bar under it, and it looks ugly. Also, the subzone name is a shortcut to opening Atlas and linking your current coordinates into the chat. I think I will remove the small icons on the bar later on, they just give a menu to the settings of other addons, so I dont have to type commands.

@shdw would you mind sharing the add-ons you use and your config file?

I really like your UI, especially the minimap and etc.  

I would really appreciate it!

20 hours ago, Vespr said:

How did you get the retail-like glow around the Battle Shout ability? :)

It's a WHUD feature :)

8d9e01f862.png

55ae8a8219.png

Some of the few screenshots I took on Nostalrius.

All raid-related stuff like BigWigs is disabled there, as is KTM, whose frame goes right above the damage meters. There's other addons like CC timers and enemy cast bars that aren't visible due to the boss being immune to chill/not casting anything, those go right above the enemy's frame and a bit to the right.

I played as a class leader in an endgame raiding guild and also PvPed quite a lot so I wanted a stable and clean UI that served both purposes and didn't throw LUA exceptions every few minutes. Raid components can be disabled with a simple click or slash command, and PvP only stuff enabled in the same way, all easily done with a macro.

Edited by Terpsichore
Added spoiler.

http://imgur.com/a/zN2xZ

Still under development. I'm not really satisfied.

- DUF doesn't support raid frames so I think I'll have to use Grid.

- DUF doesn't support cast bars within the unit frames. Does anyone know a more cusomisable alternative to oCB?

- buffs and debuffs: I'd like to anchor my buffs in the top center of my UI and let them grow outwards (left AND right, all AddOns I know of only allow me to decide left to right or right to left); similar issue with my debuffs. DUF actually can do that but it is limited to 16 buffs. (Is this an issue? Vanilla raiding was ages ago for me. Are there common raid situations that require displaying more than 16 buffs?) Buffalo is perfect except for the growth direction issue and the lack of an option for the timer font.

- Discord Action Bars has no feature to show bars on mouse over.

- I can't hide the Gatherer minimap button.

Before anyone suggests using Luna or pfUI or Bartender2: No, they can't measure up to Discord when it comes to customising my UI; not gonna use them.

Edit

I forgot: DUF displays a "1" in each buff symbol and there seems to be no way of disabling this. I assume this is a number of stacks (would be cool to stack MotW :)).

Edit 2

No Druid mana bar in DUF. :(

Edited by Murok

I recommend trying ag unit frames, that's the most stable solution I found and probably the only one that doesn't go haywire in battlegrounds, especially AV.

17 minutes ago, Terpsichore said:

I recommend trying ag unit frames, that's the most stable solution I found and probably the only one that doesn't go haywire in battlegrounds, especially AV.

Hm, it has fewer customise options than DUF and config menus like this are annoying imo, especially for AddOns (or rather: UI elements such as unit frames) that need a ton of micromanagement.

Yes, it's not exactly intuitive or quick to set up, but it was worth the effort to me as all other options gave issues here and there.

On 5.2.2017 at 6:19 PM, Murok said:

- buffs and debuffs: I'd like to anchor my buffs in the top center of my UI and let them grow outwards (left AND right, all AddOns I know of only allow me to decide left to right or right to left); similar issue with my debuffs. DUF actually can do that but it is limited to 16 buffs. (Is this an issue? Vanilla raiding was ages ago for me. Are there common raid situations that require displaying more than 16 buffs?) Buffalo is perfect except for the growth direction issue and the lack of an option for the timer font.

- Discord Action Bars has no feature to show bars on mouse over.

- I can't hide the Gatherer minimap button

I forgot: DUF displays a "1" in each buff symbol and there seems to be no way of disabling this.

1. Possible with discord frame modifier + Buffalo. A quick mock-up I did: BlU4Zm4.png

2. It has that feature. Go to Bar Control and explore!

3. Might be possible with discord frame modifier. I don't use gatherer, but I'd try using that to hide it. 

4. Also possible with discord frame modifier. You need to hide the Stack region for each buff button. Might not be the best idea for a warrior ie. sweeping strikes, bloodthirst

Edited by Joanna
spelling

21 hours ago, Joanna said:

2. It has that feature. Go to Bar Control and explore!

Of course, stupid me. Thanks!

Concerning Discord Frame Modifier, I get this Message after typing /dfm:

DFM-options_missing.jpeg

Where can I download this Options Module for the Frame Modifier? Doesn't seem to be part of the default Discord package.

Edit:

I just found this: https://decaedent.github.io/wow/vadp.html#discordframemodifier

Seems I'm not the only one without the options.

Edited by Murok

3 hours ago, Murok said:

Of course, stupid me. Thanks!

Concerning Discord Frame Modifier, I get this Message after typing /dfm:

DFM-options_missing.jpeg

Where can I download this Options Module for the Frame Modifier? Doesn't seem to be part of the default Discord package.

I uploaded a Discord pack for someone from my archives a while ago.

Note that's from actual classic. If what people are using today is some kind of backported or otherwise modified version I wouldn't know.

1 hour ago, Roadblock said:

Note that's from actual classic. If what people are using today is some kind of backported or otherwise modified version I wouldn't know.

I use a Discord pack from one of the "newer" vanilla download sites and your options module works for me. So thanks for the link.

23 hours ago, Joanna said:

1. Possible with discord frame modifier + Buffalo. A quick mock-up I did:

How did you make Buffalo accept the changes from DFM? When I try to move the frames around nothing happens. So I disabled Buffalo and tried it with the Blizzard buff frame and it worked. The BuffaloButton# frames aren't in the DFM list and I'm not allowed to create them for DFM.

Too bad there seem to be no basic tutorials for these AddOns, especially DFM (first steps in DAB and DUF are relatively easy).

i wish there was a LUI port for vanilla :/ i guess it might not be possible tho .. i found one for TBC so i can atleast switch to it when we arrive there :P

New ui's! 

Caster:

UCJem4e.jpg

Current warrior ui with DPSmate hidden:

JDIFoME.jpg

Edited by Marbo

QXdHc29m.jpeg

Here is a WC3 inspired UI I made for my upcoming human warr.

Screenshot of my Addons folder.

My party frames are also WC3 inspired, but this screenshot doesn't include it.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the Player 3D portrait. I searched long and hard for a 3d portrait addon that's compatible with Discord Unit Frames, but all I could find was the super lightweight "Adapt", which doesnt have a scale option...

Anyone know of a nice and good addon for 3d portraits for DUF?

2 hours ago, Phaanboi said:

QXdHc29m.jpeg

Only thing I'm not happy with is the Player 3D portrait. I searched long and hard for a 3d portrait addon that's compatible with Discord Unit Frames, but all I could find was the super lightweight "Adapt", which doesnt have a scale option...

How do you guys do this magic?! I can't even get the stupid discord addon to launch without burying my screen with errors and misplaced UI elements...

3 hours ago, Phaanboi said:

QXdHc29m.jpeg

i fucking WANT THIS

Although it looks fantastic (except the target frame) and one can see the work that was put into it, it's way too inefficient for my taste; just blocks too much of the world around my character. If the chat frame is empty for example, that part of the screen is wasted.