Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Papavicks

Show off your UI

170 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

New ui's! 

Caster:

UCJem4e.jpg

Current warrior ui with DPSmate hidden:

JDIFoME.jpg

Edited by Marbo

QXdHc29m.jpeg

Here is a WC3 inspired UI I made for my upcoming human warr.

Screenshot of my Addons folder.

My party frames are also WC3 inspired, but this screenshot doesn't include it.

Only thing I'm not happy with is the Player 3D portrait. I searched long and hard for a 3d portrait addon that's compatible with Discord Unit Frames, but all I could find was the super lightweight "Adapt", which doesnt have a scale option...

Anyone know of a nice and good addon for 3d portraits for DUF?

2 hours ago, Phaanboi said:

QXdHc29m.jpeg

Only thing I'm not happy with is the Player 3D portrait. I searched long and hard for a 3d portrait addon that's compatible with Discord Unit Frames, but all I could find was the super lightweight "Adapt", which doesnt have a scale option...

How do you guys do this magic?! I can't even get the stupid discord addon to launch without burying my screen with errors and misplaced UI elements...

3 hours ago, Phaanboi said:

QXdHc29m.jpeg

i fucking WANT THIS

Although it looks fantastic (except the target frame) and one can see the work that was put into it, it's way too inefficient for my taste; just blocks too much of the world around my character. If the chat frame is empty for example, that part of the screen is wasted.

5 hours ago, Phaanboi said:

QXdHc29m.jpeg

Man, this is awesome; would you share your folder?

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Murok said:

If the chat frame is empty for example, that part of the screen is wasted.

Oh don't you worry...

From Chingchongsellgold: bU¥ g0lD @ ¢R€$TƒA£L(d0t)0Rg 1$ p€R G

Edited by Clavus

5 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I can't even get the stupid discord addon to launch without burying my screen with errors and misplaced UI elements...

I struggled for suuuch a long time myself....! My solution was to stop trying to get 'Discord Art' to work, and use eePanels instead. It basically does exactly the same, just a bit more lightweight. For the Unit Frames I used 'Discord Unit Frames', and for bars, I used 'Discord Action Bars'. 

3 hours ago, Murok said:

Although it looks fantastic (except the target frame) (...).

I totally agree! I'm not really happy with the target frame, and it's still very much a work in progress. Tbh I'm a fan of the original target frames, when combined with the Human UI skin, so I might go with that one in my "final" version.

3 hours ago, Murok said:

(...) it's way too inefficient for my taste; just blocks too much of the world around my character. If the chat frame is empty for example, that part of the screen is wasted.

I actually kinda agree with you! I'm probably going to try to make a "lite" version, that takes less vertically space. I did actually do a draft for a slimmer Nelf version some days ago (although didn't finish it):
bjY5WVZz.jpeg

What's left to do here is getting a Square mini map inside the left box, and finding an optimal layout for the target unit frames.

2 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

(..) would you share your folder?

Yeah sure! I can ZIP my WTF+Interface folders, and upload it. However, I wanna wait until it's more polished :P

@Phaanboi Doesn't Xpearl do 3d portraits? Its been awhile since I used it.

On 6.7.2017 at 10:00 PM, Murok said:

it's way too inefficient for my taste; just blocks too much of the world around my character. If the chat frame is empty for example, that part of the screen is wasted.

I guess but it looks 1000 times better than the spaceship consoles that most people have for a UI. Also, you can use the max zoom distance command to have a better view of your surroundings anyway.

On 7.7.2017 at 1:27 AM, Phaanboi said:

Yeah sure! I can ZIP my WTF+Interface folders, and upload it. However, I wanna wait until it's more polished :P

Please do! I'll be your best friend forever.

On 06/07/2017 at 4:24 PM, Phaanboi said:

QXdHc29m.jpeg

Damn that looks freaking amazing !
I played alot of WC 3 : Reing of chaos and The Frozen Throne expansion myself many years ago, played it several times from the beginning to the end and i loved the game !
I still love it and intend to play it again someday.
You sir just made my day:x

Posted (edited)

My UI in TBC (2010)
dEol20w.png

My UI in wotlk (2016)
2wyPUIv.png

My UI in vanilla (2016)
eupK4w1.png

I think you get the idea by now.

@Phaanboi That is legit impressive. I'm not gonna use it, probably, but this is one interface that makes me want to use it. Or rather, I understand why some people would use it. At the first sight, it doesn't looke like a spreadsheet, but as a nice non-intrusive style in theme with the series. Which is good.

After all, WoW started in the WC3 engine, wow-old-01.jpg probably using this same interface (and the engine and interface then went on to reprise in Starcraft II because ever since wow, Blizzard yet has to make something original). And even though they abandoned it shortly after the start of vanilla, you could originally play wow as an isometric RPG. Turn on click to move, scroll your camera high up and here we go. Watch out for trees and underground.

Edited by Xaverius

Posted (edited)

I'll upload some UI's, once I think it's good enough to actually share.

On 7.7.2017 at 3:03 AM, Planks said:

@Phaanboi Doesn't Xpearl do 3d portraits? Its been awhile since I used it.

Xpearl has 3d portraits yes, but it's not usable because of too few settings/options (for this kind of UI).

Did some rework on the nelf UI yesterday, think it turned out ok. Still I miss a good addon for portraits (Discord Unit Frames is totally awesome, but totally sucks on this one thing...)

tIvdeHD.jpg

Edited by Phaanboi
Added photo

On 10-7-2017 at 0:50 PM, Xaverius said:

And even though they abandoned it shortly after the start of vanilla, you could originally play wow as an isometric RPG. Turn on click to move, scroll your camera high up and here we go. Watch out for trees and underground.

Hmm I still can in my vanilla client, did it actually get removed in TBC and onwards?

Its how I farm stuff lmao

Posted (edited)

On 07/07/2017 at 1:27 AM, Phaanboi said:
On 06/07/2017 at 10:00 PM, Murok said:

(...) it's way too inefficient for my taste; just blocks too much of the world around my character. If the chat frame is empty for example, that part of the screen is wasted.

I actually kinda agree with you! I'm probably going to try to make a "lite" version, that takes less vertically space. I did actually do a draft for a slimmer Nelf version some days ago (although didn't finish it):

Try adding this: https://legacy-wow.com/vanilla-addons/ct-viewport/

Access menu through "/viewport". 

It's more of a band-aid than a perfect solution to an obtrusive UI, but it's enough to make them worth it IMO.

Edited by ups1dedomn

Posted (edited)

My UI. modui and pfUI are awesome UI replacements, but still I like the classic UI the most. I also prefer removing/hiding unnecessary elements, so I can focus on the action more. That’s why I have the action bars hidden and every spell/item/profession bound. I have a simple macro bind that shows/hides the action bars when I need to add new spells/items. Remembering all the binds requires some time, but I came up with a system that works for me. I have cooldown timers above the unit frames, so I can keep track of them without the need to look at the action bars. Stuns/dots are above the center, since that’s the place I am looking at 90% of the time.

UI 14.07.17.jpg

Here’s my addon list if anyone is interested:

1. AutoMate: loot window at mouse pointer (for easy pick pocketing), chat scroll with the scroll wheel (chat buttons are hidden), right click functionality for trading, auction house, mail box, gray auto sell, and a few other things. There are a couple of bugs, but it is a super nice QOL addon.

2. Bagnon: a version that brings back the default bag textures.

3. CastModifier: conditionals for cast macros, plus use/equip support.

4. cdframes: player and target cooldown timers.

5. CEnemyCastBar: everyone knows it. I only use it for stuns/dots, since I have cast bars on ShaguPlates.

6. ClassIcons: adds small icons around the target unit frame (doesn’t replace the portrait as ClassPortraits does).

7. crafty: adds a search bar and a filter to the default profession windows.

8. DebuffTimers: self explanatory, adds numerical timers to the target unit frame.

9. ItemRack: easy gear and trinket switching (top right on the screenshot).

10. LoseControl: took me a while to find it. Adds a stun/fear/blind/etc. icon with a timer at the center of the screen (super useful for PvP).

11. ShaguPlates: slim class colored nameplates with cast bar support. I only wish it had combo points.

Edit: I’ve also replaced Arial Narrow (used in chat) with Cabin Regular as it’s more legible at small sizes, since the letterforms are more open, “1,” “l,” and “I” differ more from each other, etc.

Edited by kyresong

Posted (edited)

I got inspiried by Phaanboi's UI, so i wanted more Wc3-Like stuff in there and i never made an addon, so i created my own UI in an Image with another one with some description.

I guess nobody would do it so perhaps i take a look into how to make an addon.

No idea if its off-topic xD Since this UI doesnt exist...

World of Warcraft UI Human 6.jpg

Description:

World of Warcraft UI Human 6 - Edit.jpg

Forgot to make a description for the "-" and "+" besides the minimap. I think it can be noticed... not sure how to do that xD. Circles into a square...

Edited by Brikot

@Brikot what about a chat window? I'd put the cooldowns under the exp bar and remove the stats, then put chat window in the right square where the cooldowns are now.

12 minutes ago, ups1dedomn said:

@Brikot what about a chat window? I'd put the cooldowns under the exp bar and remove the stats, then put chat window in the right square where the cooldowns are now.

I want to be it Wc3-Like. I will put the chat on the left side above the map...

I thought about putting the chat in the Log(F12) so you could re-check what was written and whatever is written in the normal chat would just dissapear some seconds later like in wc3... But how is that gonna work ? I dont wanna make it complicated there xD

Also in wc3 every player has its unique color... and its maximum 12 players.