Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Papavicks

Vanilla leveling guides

I thought it might be nice to have these guides in one place in case people request them. The correct vanilla versions can be a bit hard to locate. Not sure if it's worth pinning, but we can at least have them available for search. I personally won't use a guide when the server goes live, but plan to use one on beta as it allows you to progress quickly so that we can get through more content and encounter more bugs. It also takes you through a great deal of content and which will expose more bugs.

Both of these should be accurate to Vanilla. I've only seen a couple of quests in either guide that did not match Nost/Kronos and even with those it could be the fault of the servers. 

Joana/Mancow's Leveling guide for Horde

http://xoma-rnd.narod.ru/1-60-horde-leveling-guide-v1.06.htm

This guide was created for vanilla but was later updated with a few quests from BC. These quests can be ignored, as you won't find them on our server. (Let me know if you see any others and I will edit the post)

26-28 Ashenvale

Destroy the Legion

Diabolical Plans

Never Again!

29-30 Thousand Needles

A Different Approach

A Dip in the Moonwell

34-36 Stranglethorn Vale

Bloodscalp Insight

An Unusual Patron

41-42 Swamp of Sorros

Little Morsels

Dustwallow Marsh

The quests from the crashed zeppelin and Mudsprocket.

Jame's Alliance leveling Guide

http://wow-pro.com/node/600/revisions/600/view

The horde leveling guide assumes you start in the Durotar and is a full 1-60 guide with minimal grinding. 

The Alliance leveling guide starts at 30, as it assumes that you'll be able to figure out the first 30 on your own since there are plenty of zones for leveling early on. 

"Some people say that Grinding is always faster than questing, this is true in theory when you don't know which quests to take and which to avoid, and what is the best order to do them. With this guide, questing will be very efficient and much better than pure grinding."  -Jame

Enjoy!

Edited by Papavicks

Good stuff. I never could really get into the leveling guides myself. I always feel like I end up missing some step and then ruining an entire level or two. But I'll probably just get myself to study the guides a bit closer this time around :) 

3 minutes ago, cell007 said:

Good stuff. I never could really get into the leveling guides myself. I always feel like I end up missing some step and then ruining an entire level or two. But I'll probably just get myself to study the guides a bit closer this time around :) 

When I'm actually playing on a live server I use them pretty loosely since they are designed to be hyper-efficient (assumes you aren't leveling trade skills) and assume that nobody is trying to gank you. When I get stuck, I'll pull out the guide and see what my options are for the level i'm at if I don't already know.

43 minutes ago, Papavicks said:

Joana/Mancow's Leveling guide for Horde

http://xoma-rnd.narod.ru/1-60-horde-leveling-guide-v1.06.htm

So there is "Destroy the legion" quest from TBC (Ashenvale 26-27) along with old version of "Nothing but the truth" (Desolace 43-43). And by "old version" I mean it was changed in 1.3 or something like that. Sorry but this russian copy of old Johana's guide seems corrupted.

You're right about the Legion quest. Joana's addon has been updated a bit but it's quite hard to find the old versions of the guide. People use this one because it is the oldest version that can be found. I'll spend some time scouring the waybackmachine after work to see if I can dig up an accurate version. I think the "Nothing but the truth" quest is just Joana's fault. 

http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Edit: Found a forum post that highlighted the ones that have been removed and edited the original post. Thanks for the feedback. 

Edited by Papavicks

On 10/1/2016 at 6:13 AM, cell007 said:

I've looked at the levelling guides but found them unhelpful for my playing style.  I'm actually more likely to have a vanilla quest database open with quests sorted by level so I don't miss anything.  Might result in extra travel and farting around but that's never really bothered me.

Jame's also has a horde leveling 30-60 guide, but the Joanna guide is far superior imo

Jame's guide asks you to do a lot more grinding to finish out levels than joanna's