Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/3/2016

119 posts in this topic
13 minutes ago, Asura said:

What big news? :D

Don't make us beta it outta you!

;)

Good update as always, looking forward to Asura's next then :)

14 minutes ago, Asura said:

What big news? :D

dont make us beg for an update plis ;(

@Darkrasp

According to progressive server model. Where did you find information which items were in game in patch 1.2, 1.4, 1.9, 1.10 and so on. and which stats they had? Wowhed and http://db.vanillagaming.org/ shows all vanilla items as added in patch 1.11 and have buffed stats. In other words which DB we will able to use playing at Crestfall.

20 minutes ago, Zer said:

@Darkrasp

According to progressive server model. Where did you find information which items were in game in patch 1.2, 1.4, 1.9, 1.10 and so on. and which stats they had? Wowhed and http://db.vanillagaming.org/ shows all vanilla items as added in patch 1.11 and have buffed stats. In other words which DB we will able to use playing at Crestfall.

I believe they're going with pre 1.9 and post 1.9. No 1.4, 1.5 stuff that Nos did.

You can use Wayback Machine and say Allakhazam to show stats prior to 1.11 patch. I don't think they'll release a DB for CF otherwise other projects can copy it.

@Darkrasp (you have to make sure it's highlighted if you want his attention to this question :) )

I think updates this long and often are quite counter productive. The time spent typing all this could have been spent working on the server.

1 hour ago, Drain said:

I think updates this long and often are quite counter productive. The time spent typing all this could have been spent working on the server.

This also helps Darkrasp and the whole team to see the big picture, since we know a lot more and can basicly paint a picture of our project from the words with all the information we got. Also gives Darkrasp some reprieve from the repetitive work. 

It also provides transparency and the community seems to love the updates.

2 hours ago, Drain said:

Give the man a break. Instead of whining and wasting your time on the forum you could learn programming and contribute to the project. You are being counter productive. I find updates like this one very productive and informative. They're is a reason why I don't stick around on the other forums. When there is not a single update for a long time and there is no dialogue between developers and their users.  I see it as lack of professionalism. I really enjoy updates like this one.

2 hours ago, Drain said:

Better to have weekly updates than being left in the darkness all alone kek

I prefer to have information then wondering all the time what's happening with the project and thinking bad things about the devs Kappa

18 hours ago, Sakritan said:

Quality above all!

Someone's subconscious remembered Gamer-District's motto I see.

4 hours ago, jonu said:

This also helps Darkrasp and the whole team to see the big picture, since we know a lot more and can basicly paint a picture of our project from the words with all the information we got. Also gives Darkrasp some reprieve from the repetitive work. 

It also provides transparency and the community seems to love the updates.

Yes! We love these updates!

These updates and all the interaction between the developer team and the community is what gives me confidence in this project, and I bet i am not the only one. 

Double Zunnie yay !

Exactly this lvl of communication is what makes it look so promising to me

2 hours ago, Clavus said:

Someone's subconscious remembered Gamer-District's motto I see.

Like they are the only ones who said that? Fairly common me thinks. Either way, its a pretty decent server. But x7 rates are meh

10 hours ago, Drain said:

I'm not sure if you're trolling, or not, but I'll bite. Game development and programming in general is not like playing a game. It's not like ranking to R14 where it's all about how much time is spent on playing. In a programming environment there's  something called crunch time. This is where the developers spend all day every day for a period of time developing their product. This is very common in the industry. There is also a ton of research out their that proves its not an effective way to develop something. People make mistakes leading to a lower quality product, they become unhappy, which in this case the devs don't have a massive salary incentive to keep going to combat that. It will burn the devs out to go hardcore. People are not robots. They require balance in life. If you don't have balance in life other parts of your life will suffer. These updates are most likely a way for Darkrasp to have some balance against the tedium that is development. It's a break from the monotony.

Im not sure when it happened, but i've heard Xavius caused a havoc back in the days, will his respawn be fixed to a certain location? ^^

Edit:

Some world boss, that could be pulled from some area into Stormwind ^^

Edited by winterchill

18 hours ago, Drain said:

facepalm.gif

You should always post text and with some kind of purpose, not meaningless troll pictures. This isn't Facebook or Twitter.

"I'm not sure if you're trolling, or not, but I'll bite."
That would be the post above mine, if you need an example. The other response... just isn't very smart. But my point is a great deal of his time is obviously used organizing these every week. Maybe less elaborate versions would be more ideal. But those are good points about crunch time and motivation.

4 minutes ago, Drain said:

You should always post text and with some kind of purpose, not meaningless troll pictures. This isn't Facebook or Twitter.

"I'm not sure if you're trolling, or not, but I'll bite."
That would be the post above mine, if you need an example. The other response... just isn't very smart. But my point is a great deal of his time is obviously used organizing these every week. Maybe less elaborate versions would be more ideal. But those are good points about crunch time and motivation.

Actually, it's an extension of his personality. If you look at his posts you'll see zero errors on grammar, context, evaluation, logic and focus points. 

Part of that is because he goes over the post "wasting time" by checking it thoroughly before posting, but most of it is down to his id. 

This is why I remain 100% confident in the project.  People like him don't accept errors in themselves but are prepared to accept errors in others. 

He is a very special Snowflake. 

The updates are how he goes about parsing the week before in terms of development and acts as a project review, a State of the  Server address as it were. 

Text updates are ok, but could you make some videos like year ago about pathing clustering and so on. Some small vids about loot, mobs, combat you are working on.. May be even not every week. But I think it greatly helps populate server.

Thanks for this very informative and honest update. I hope there are more talented people out there who want to contribute to the whole Project.

I myself did not learn to script sadly.

I cant wait for the beta to come around.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Zer said:

Text updates are ok, but could you make some videos like year ago about pathing clustering and so on. Some small vids about loot, mobs, combat you are working on.. May be even not every week. But I think it greatly helps populate server.

I will take care of that once Asura got the new Intro done :)