Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/3/2016

119 posts in this topic

Great update mate.

Super keen for the project to go live, I have really high hopes for it to bring Vanilla back to life.

4 hours ago, Crogge said:

I will take care of that once Asura got the new Intro done :)

Uhm... New intro?

Always nice to see someone taking their time to update the growing community very much appreciated.

Quick question , how long is scripting gonna take? Will it be Done while (possible hint about beta , gib beta schnell xD) beta ? 

Scripting is stuff like Stitches, ony quest line npc Movement or Defiastraitor right ?

2 hours ago, Behind said:

Quick question , how long is scripting gonna take? Will it be Done while (possible hint about beta , gib beta schnell xD) beta ? 

Scripting is stuff like Stitches, ony quest line npc Movement or Defiastraitor right ?

This deserves a longer answer, and I'll either write one later or cover this topic in my next update.  Short answer is, we think about two months.  Maybe three.  Somewhere in there.

3 minutes ago, RonaldoR9 said:

no classic wow for 3 more months? O.o

Thats also what I read :(

Edited by Xalfen

13 minutes ago, RonaldoR9 said:

yes. i know the release is late. but reading "after 3 months' is harder to accept than "by the end of the year" :S

This is great news! I rather have them properly scripted quests than them rushing release and then the quests wont be fixed at all because there are so many other pressing issues post-launch, like server stability, class fixes, end-game tuning etc etc. Every other private server does the same, and I dont blame them. Some openly state that "There are more pressing matters to attend to, the quest is completable, thats good enough for now" or something similar to this..

Also keep in mind that the more people that help out with scripting, the fast it will get release-ready! A late december or januari release is perfectly fine I think. Plenty of time for more Betas too!

Edited by Sakritan

16 minutes ago, RonaldoR9 said:

i have a semester break from mid dec to mid jan. thats when i want to start playing

I'm sure the devs will do their very best to match in with your personal requirements. 

3 months corresponds to their previous posts.

IF Beta had released at the beginning of September as originally posited, 3 months of Beta coding would have put CF release at the end of December, matching their initial release date of 'end of the year'. Beta was delayed by around a month (as of this post, we'll have to wait and see how long the total delay works out at), so they're still on for a Q1 release that is their realistic release date tha's been spoken about on the forums for the last few weeks.

@Elicas If you can't stay on schedule/are unsure about your schedule - simply refrain from posting about it. When promises aren't kept, people lose faith. #corecraft2.0

24 minutes ago, Frost said:

@Elicas If you can't stay on schedule/are unsure about your schedule - simply refrain from posting about it. When promises aren't kept, people lose faith. #corecraft2.0

Harsh, but i agree with the guy. People are burnt already with the "promises" of things going down the well. #CC2012

Generally agreed. While I can't fault them for not being correct about when the server will be ready (can happen to any project, shit happens), they've been irritatingly vague about how far out Beta is. Asuras radio silence after the missed summer deadline is somewhat concerning as well, 15 days since his last update. While I'm aware of the fact they owe us absolutely jack shit, it does make it somewhat difficult to promote the server when you miss your first deadline by weeks and then the head admin goes MIA on the update forum.

It hasn't taken long for the corecraft comparisons, spurious as they may be.

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

While I'm aware of the fact they owe us absolutely jack shit, it does make it somewhat difficult to promote the server when you miss your first deadline by weeks and then the head admin goes MIA on the update forum.

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

by weeks

You mean by months? "End of summer" = latest possible date is 31st of August. Now it's the 7th of October. Aka 1 month and 1 week. I'm confident that beta won't be up for the rest of the month either.

8 minutes ago, Frost said:

You mean by months? "End of summer" = latest possible date is 31st of August. Now it's the 7th of October. Aka 1 month and 1 week. I'm confident that beta won't be up for the rest of the month either.

Not trying to be too semantic here, but summer of 2016 ended on September 22th. So Elicas is correct.

4 minutes ago, Cornholi said:

Not trying to be too semantic here, but summer of 2016 ended on September 22th. So Elicas is correct.

In what world?

8 minutes ago, Frost said:

In what world?

10 seconds google search, "This year, the true last day of summer is on Sept. 22, the same day as the fall equinox, which signals the season changeover."

edit: After 30 seconds of searching, I realize this is a US/EU thing and definitely understand the confusion now.

Edited by Kelila
Trying to not be an asshole

I hope the server comes out. I stopped playing Elysium once i found out about this. but if it take super long to come out i may just stick with that server. Or pray the Blizzard gods open legacy.

I was just being a bit silly, @Frost does have a good point though, the devs missed the mark on Sept. Not a big deal, though I personally would appreciate some kind of update from Asura.

Edited by Cornholi