Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/3/2016

119 posts in this topic

Oh btw guys this was posted on the Nost Forums about Blizzcon and if they don't release Legacy. 

"As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will "

33 minutes ago, Devair said:

Oh btw guys this was posted on the Nost Forums about Blizzcon and if they don't release Legacy. 

"As a consequence, if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will "

By doing what, exactly? ¬¬

1 minute ago, cell007 said:

By doing what, exactly? ¬¬

As Nost have stated before they still have all the server data i believe. Meaning they could open up a brand new server just like Nost. 

Seeing how they went to Blizzard HQ don't Blizzard have their personal information?

Edit: keep dreaming

Edited by Frost

regarding Nost, if there are no Legacy Servers from Blizz, i doubt they rly reopen. Stuff like obeying C&D and not releasing their stuff + kinda a vague statement leaves doubts for me there. Regarding failed Deadlines and End of Summer, hope none of you guys is awaiting Final Fantasy 15, got pushed back like 2 times now and they still post this silly "xx days to go" countdown the third time. If Crestfall releases like 1-2 months late they would be still quite good compared with normal Software Industry xD . This is just months, not years. Guess we can trust their words by looking at the weekly updates.  Also Asura hasnt gone missing. He even postet in this Thread and , i guess, is busy doing stuff.

All we want is a quality wow Server ... we all know thats not an easy task. Why is another Month or two important? It's not years nor half years. Stand together for our dream. Participate in the Beta and help with fixing and reporting bugs. Im sure the Devs will fix em in light speed.

Edit: Ask yourself, could u estimate how long this would take as a lead def, doin stuff like clustering and a rewritten core ? My guess would have been way off than some months xD

Edited by Behind

No need 2 dream. I get three options.

1.) Blizzard announces Legacy and i wait for that

2.) Blizzard doesn't announce Legacy and I either wait for CF or Nost.

3.) Play a crappy server that's out right now if CF becomes CC, Nost does nothing, and Blizzard won't release Legacy.

Simple and easy

2 minutes ago, Behind said:

regarding Nost, if there are no Legacy Servers from Blizz, i doubt they rly reopen. Stuff like obeying C&D and not releasing their stuff + kinda a vague statement leaves doubts for me there. Regarding failed Deadlines and End of Summer, hope none of you guys is awaiting Final Fantasy 15, got pushed back like 2 times now and they still post this silly "xx days to go" countdown the third time. If Crestfall releases like 1-2 months late they would be still quite good compared with normal Software Industry xD . This is just months, not years. Guess we can trust their words by looking at the weekly updates.  Also Asura hasnt gone missing. He even postet in this Thread and , i guess, is busy doing stuff.

All we want is a quality wow Server ... we all know thats not an easy task. Why is another Month or two important? It's not years nor half years. Stand together for our dream. Participate in the Beta and help with fixing and reporting bugs. Im sure the Devs will fix em in light speed.

No they wont reopen Nost. That server is gone. They could open a brand new server but have all the good scripting and code they need from Nost. 

Yeah Devair, thats actually a good Plan, but with all things that are rather, how do i put it, are not there yet, we can only guess whats best. But your way would be mine too actually.

Maybe its my "where is my vanilla WoW i need my fix" addiction kickin in xD

Edited by Behind

Just now, Behind said:

Yeah Devair, thats actually a good Plan, but with all things that are rather, how do i put it, are not there yet, we can only guess whats best. But your way would be mine too actually

Yep. All i want is a good Vanilla WoW server. Dont really care who makes it to be honest and wouldnt mine Donating or paying. 

12 minutes ago, Behind said:

Edit: Ask yourself, could u estimate how long this would take as a lead def, doin stuff like clustering and a rewritten core ? My guess would have been way off than some months xD

That's why you don't make guesses.

28 minutes ago, Devair said:

As Nost have stated before they still have all the server data i believe. Meaning they could open up a brand new server just like Nost. 

They hade a meating with Blizzard so Blizzard knows the persons behing. So not smart move.

Now why would i go to a bad scripted, buggy server that went down because of an angry letter? The hype is gone, if they get the same server "quality" up and people actualy join.... 

I rather stay here and wait for quality

Edited by Sherekhan

Just now, Frost said:

That's why you don't make guesses.

I understand that, but hey, who doesnt in that scene... saying nah we dont know it and dont wanna guess if we are not correct. Guess that would kill em from the start cause noone would be there @ release right ?

12 minutes ago, Behind said:

I understand that, but hey, who doesnt in that scene... saying nah we dont know it and dont wanna guess if we are not correct. Guess that would kill em from the start cause noone would be there @ release right ?

No? You must be kidding. You obviously state (like they have already) that the server will be released when it's ready and (what they didn't do) we will announce beta when time is due. Its better to not make any promises than to make promises you cant keep

Edited by Frost

11 minutes ago, Frost said:

Its better to not make any promises than to make promises you cant keep

i am not so strict on that when it comes on release dates if its not years or half years. Its not like nearly everyone in software developement does it. On the other hand, totally understandable not to like it. Still thinking it doesnt indicate that they wont release like CC. As stated just opinion , not more

Would people even return to a Nos server, considering they folded like paper when they got a C&D and refused to release the database even though they promised to?

I'd rather wait for CF, an unknown, than play under those guys again.

6 minutes ago, DeeMarie said:

Would people even return to a Nos server, considering they folded like paper when they got a C&D and refused to release the database even though they promised to?

I just want to play on a good server. Which ever one comes out first is the one i will play. SO its a matter of time for me

Meh... I've been waiting 4 years for winds of winter.  This is nothing. 

Edited by Ugondiss

9 minutes ago, DeeMarie said:

Good point... already lost arround 50h of Playtime on Nost

2 hours ago, Devair said:

No they wont reopen Nost. That server is gone. They could open a brand new server but have all the good scripting and code they need from Nost. 

Why do you consider the server " gone " if i may ask? i m really asking from ignorance. Arent they supposed to keep the data etc from the server exactly as it was? or since the day it announced it was closing? But as the other guy above me said...Nost has 0% trust atm as a serious server.

13 hours ago, Frost said:

*multiple posts

Well, arent you the spoiled little brat? Here the thing though: They didnt make any promises. They have been extremely carefull about this and said again and again that it will release when its reached a state they are satisfied with. They were hoping and guessing for the end of year release, but again only if they feel its ready.

If you release a rushed server, then its game over. People will see its flaws, not living up to the hype and they will leave. Crestfall team clearly understands that launch is extemely important for the success of the server, they are doing the right thing.

And for all those talking about CoreCraft. Get real! We are talking a few months here! Some even mention CC2012, Yes and what happened? It didnt get pushed back by 1-2 months, it got pushed back for years! Earlier this year we still had people going CC2016, until it finally went down.

Stop this madness and have some faith people.