Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Scharos

join in
Whats your favorite quote from WoW

42 posts in this topic

Based on the "whats your favorite weapon" post already ongoing 

Starting now: best quotes or your fav. Quotes of all time :)

My favorite of all time is definitly and will be forever the one we made fun of for like 3months is only really funny in german,

Its from the kobolds for example those in the mines in elwynn forest they say: 

You dont take candle! ( in english it sounds very normal )

But in german they say "du nicht nehmen kerze!" The funny thing is that the grammar in this one is totally broken and the voice actor makes it sound perfectly like some refugee who dont know german at all.

Actually you would say "du nimmst nicht die kerze" 

I know its not quite as funny for you as for me i will never forget that one and cheer it for the rest of my life xD

Those things im looking for

Those quotes you love and never get out of your head

Those quotes which makes you always grin whenever you hear them 

Actually, english version they say, "You no take candle!" Which is broken english, and has made me laugh many times. 

My favorite is a simple, often used, wonderful greeting that has always put me in a good mood: "Intrest ye in a pint?"

Why yes my good,short, red bearded friend. You can intrest me. 

I don't particularly like this quote, but it's so stuck in my head it's not even funny: "Keep yer feet on the ground!". Because that's literally what you go for when you book a flight on a gryphon. /s

One I like is "I apologize profusely for any damage my murderous rampage may have caused!" Aaaaww, you little blood-covered barely-two-feet of mayhem!

This is our final stand. What happens here will echo through the ages. Regardless of outcome, they will know that we fought with honor. That we fought for the freedom and safety of our people.

Remember, heroes, fear is your greatest enemy in these befouled halls. Steel your heart and your soul will shine brighter than a thousand suns. The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!

Highlord Tirion Fordring at Light's Hammer in Icecrown Citadel

Death Knight NPC quotes are just awesome.

"My torture continues. No... escape..." when you keep poking them  : D

Not necessarily from wow, but rather from Warcraft III:
"As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future"

Which, of course, I like more in czech. The words they chose, while basically having the same meaning, impart a nuance of urgency and importance of his return. Also our Medivh has better voice, deal with it.

Oh and, from a certain book, old words that might date as far back as Arathor:
"Esarus thar no'Darador!"

Edited by Xaverius

Yogg-Saron: "I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares, the Fiend of a Thousand Faces, Cower before my true form! BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!"

I have no favorite quotes from WoW - but from WC3, hellz yea :D

"Tremble, mortals and despair...DOOM has come to this world!" - Archimonde 

"Il rip the secrets from your flesh" -  Interrogator Vishas

Edited by Melak

Oh man. There's so many to choose from though!

But, I've ALWAYS had a real love for the Headless Horseman's speeches (too lazy to type the whole thing here). Maybe it's just my nostalgia kiddie glasses attaching themself to my face, since I haven't been online for any of them in years, but I super loved the Hallow's End events back in Vanilla. I actually vividly remember my young self begging people for event stuff lol smh.

Who could forget that laugh though

5 hours ago, Kitty said:

"Time is money, Friend"

This is the only one you need to remember as it transfers directly to RL

patchwerk wants to play!!!!

no more play¡?¡?¡?

i remember you... in the mountains!!! (thorim)

i wanna go home.. take this uniform and leave the horde (a goblin in thrallmar)

there is a lot of really good quotes and puns

Edited by faustito
+

"I want not to dream anymore"

taelan_fordring_1908.png

Also the Sara/Yogg-Saron speech I guess.

"I have seen worlds bathed in the Maker's flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart devoid of emotion... of empathy. I... have... felt... NOTHING!" - Algalon the observer.

It now occured me I quite like Sylvanas' speech after you turn in the quest from Lich King:

"So, it is done.
I had not dared to trust my senses - too many times has the Lich King made me to be a fool.

Finally, he has been made to pay for the atrocities he imposed upon my people.
May Azeroth never fail to remember the terrible price we paid for our weakness... for our pride.

But what now, hero? What of those freed from his grasp, but still shackled to their mortal coils?

Leave me.

I have much to ponder."

It's a moment to treasure as it's the last time in wow when she wasn't an obnoxious bitch.

(I really don't have time right now to be finding the soundbyte, so have the one thing I'm sure contains it :P.)

9 minutes ago, Kazrid said:

"I have seen worlds bathed in the Maker's flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and raised in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart devoid of emotion... of empathy. I... have... felt... NOTHING!" - Algalon the observer.

People tend to leave out the last bit of this paragraph, which I think is the most important.

"A million, million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?"

Edited by Xaverius

20 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Actually, english version they say, "You no take candle!" Which is broken english, and has made me laugh many times. 

My favorite is a simple, often used, wonderful greeting that has always put me in a good mood: "Intrest ye in a pint?"

Why yes my good,short, red bearded friend. You can intrest me. 

over-one-billion-kobolds-have-been-killed-in-elwynn-since-2516723.png