Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

Suggestion - Timeline (PvE)

105 posts in this topic

To make it short and sweet, I really don't want to rush Crestfall ill happily sit on this Project and wait 2 years for Naxx from launch!

Id personally prefer a fast timeline in the beginning , i get pretty bored of end game content quickly and i only ever did end game vanilla content once on nostalrius. Especially as a warrior since a lot of the gear is for tanks and the other loot is shared with the rest of the dps in the beginning with mc. Raiding in random dungeon/ quest/boe gear thats leather/mail makes mc really boring considering half the fights are essentially tank and spank. Most people leave a realm or raid log after a month or so anyways.

I'm one of those speshul people that's just ready for the full ride, hell yeah !
I like to raid constantly with a good raid core.
I dislike having to switch guilds tho.
So hopefully i'll find a cool guild to stick with.

I'm a fairly casual player, but I have a good amount of free time, and I expect to be able to raid near the first batch of casual guilds that start raiding. That said, I don't want to see the content rushed. I remember how much of an undertaking the war effort was back in the day, and to know it will be over as quickly as it will makes me sad honestly. I know that since this is all old content that the feeling of exploration and discovery can never be what it was, but that is the thing I miss the most. I would actually love to see the difficulty of the raids be tuned to be extremely difficult to clear on launch (not impossible, but nearly). I think more so than emulating what exactly the stats and mechanics were during that time, creating something that presents a challenge and provides the opportunity to test your abilities as a player and a guild is what would be the true "blizz-like" experience. Maybe in the minority on that and people just want to do the fights they have memorized and get loot, and I can understand that. But for me, the appeal of World of Warcraft was always two things: the sense of scale and conquering new discoveries.

Personally I'd like to see a timeline that doesn't feel so rushed.

Even if players today might have more skill/knowledge than back in the day, the gear progression still takes time. Assuming drop rates and amounts are close to Vanilla values, there is no point in rushing the releases. If it's tied to first clear of an instance, it will be rushed. In the end, gear progression is pretty much the only kind of progression this game offers at max level.

Vanilla did last about 2 years on official servers, there's no need to rush at breakneck speed to the next expansion.