Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/10/2016

72 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, DeeMarie said:

It would make sense to allow players to set their own levels depending on what content they want to test. They could just make everyone level 60 though, trying to think if there's any level appropriate quests/mechanics to test.

If they could do so you choose your own level - see that would be awesome! I don't mind test dungeons for a week or two. But going through leveling from 1-X ain't gonna happen :(

5 hours ago, Asura said:

Outlands

OUTLAND! It's OUTLAND! You uneducated barbaric pleb.

The fact you're sniffing TBC content is awesome though. And I mean in the actual sense of that word.

Right now that's the oldest part of wow; it's kinda impressive it held out so long and Blizz mostly let it be. And don't forget to sniff the spaceberry and blelf zones. God knows there's supposed to be more than one copper ore there.

Edited by Xaverius

I doubt they will allow anyone to just jump to 60, cause well, 90% of us would do it. I'm guessing they will just give that opportunity to a limited number of people, as well as lvling some people to 40, 50. 

1 hour ago, Wolfrig said:

I doubt they will allow anyone to just jump to 60, cause well, 90% of us would do it. I'm guessing they will just give that opportunity to a limited number of people, as well as lvling some people to 40, 50. 

theres no reason to jump to 60.

they want to make sure the leveling part is ironed out.

IE make sure no broken quests, correct mob behavior, professions/nodes in leveling areas etc. 

unless you want to make a toon and find out those lazy orcs dont wake up? :P

(ahem, like some servers)

32 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

IE make sure no broken quests, correct mob behavior, professions/nodes in leveling areas etc. 

They'll have to offer some way of boosting characters though. They could divide the beta players into say 1-10, 10-20, 20-25 etc and offer people a way to level professions quickly. Corecraft had vendors for this stuff, so you could test out say alchemy or lw reasonably quickly. For gathering though, you'd want some people testing at 150, 250+, whether it's mining or herbs or fishing etc

Otherwise, all the lower end stuff will be tested and the later mechanics not.

Edited by DeeMarie

4 hours ago, Zer said:

@Darkrasp I'm almost sure you knows about it, but check http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Long,_exceptional,_or_hidden_questlines these quests/encounters while scripting. All of them are havily scripted and could show the scripting quality of the server.

^ This! So much this!! I've already mentioned alot of these quests before though. They have to be working correctly because you're most likely only ever going to do them once. Its amazing if they get all the quest and event to script properly, because most private servers havent. Even if Crestfall say its easy to fix, well, others still dont have it working. So if Crestfall does, then this will be the best there is.

4 hours ago, imbaslap said:

Im guessing they talk about BETA testing only though ^^ And the Lazy orcs not only have to wake up, but actually walk over and start chopping woods! I've seen them wake up but just stand still on several pvt servers.

5 hours ago, Xaverius said:

The fact you're sniffing TBC content is awesome though. And I mean in the actual sense of that word.

Right now that's the oldest part of wow; it's kinda impressive it held out so long and Blizz mostly let it be. And don't forget to sniff the spaceberry and blelf zones. God knows there's supposed to be more than one copper ore there.

Its an easy mistake to make though. You got Hinterlands, Badlands, Wetlands, Arathi Highlands, The plaguelands, The Outlands..... OUTLAND.. see? :P 

Edited by Sakritan

Look, if we're into Beta and one of the testers wants to test Desolace, or a group of them want to test Razorfen Downs, or whatever, I've got no problem boosting them to 40 and letting them at it.  Initially we'll likely boost a group of people to 60 to test out player classes and things of that nature.  When we're testing scripts, we'll boost people to the appropriate level for that content.

Giving beta testers extremely limited GM abilities to modify their level and speed, for example, isn't a huge task either.  We eventually will want people levelling normally to ensure it's smooth, though.

Edit:  Going to the dentist tomorrow.  It's a specific tooth on the top left that's the cause of the problem, but if I put any pressure on it, it hurts like the devil.  Afterwards, I get this swelling pain in my jaw, cheekbone, orbital bones, and even my left ear.  It's positively crippling and lasts for between 15 minutes and an hour before subsiding again.  Fingers crossed the dentist just yanks the stupid thing.  I'll live with fake teeth over this kind of pain any day.

Edited by Darkrasp

11 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Look, if we're into Beta and one of the testers wants to test Desolace, or a group of them want to test Razorfen Downs, or whatever, I've got no problem boosting them to 40 and letting them at it.  Initially we'll likely boost a group of people to 60 to test out player classes and things of that nature.  When we're testing scripts, we'll boost people to the appropriate level for that content.

Giving beta testers extremely limited GM abilities to modify their level and speed, for example, isn't a huge task either.  We eventually will want people levelling normally to ensure it's smooth, though.

Edit:  Going to the dentist tomorrow.  It's a specific tooth on the top left that's the cause of the problem, but if I put any pressure on it, it hurts like the devil.  Afterwards, I get this swelling pain in my jaw, cheekbone, orbital bones, and even my left ear.  It's positively crippling and lasts for between 15 minutes and an hour before subsiding again.  Fingers crossed the dentist just yanks the stupid thing.  I'll live with fake teeth over this kind of pain any day.

Girlfriend is dentist. Gimme alpha/beta access and I take an appointment for you today right away :D!

Edited by Xalfen

27 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

As a person that wasn't blessed with good genetics for teeth, that sounds like an abscess or gum boil and will require antibiotics before treatment.

Good thing a dentist visit (even root canals) is a painless affair these days, you'll be good as new in no time. Good luck.

Edited by Roadblock

4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Sorry kid but the devs are writing the scripts now so if they call it Outlands then it's fucking Outlands. 

Outlands being 'Blizzlike' 

;););)

3 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Good thing a dentist visit (even root canals) is a painless affair these days, you'll be good as new in no time. Good luck.

Depends on a dentist. There was this one time I walked with a hole with a tooth for about 3 months so it has ventilation and can do its thing and die, so I can chew on it again.

Thanks for the update :) Never seen such frequency of communication on any private server.

15 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Sounds like scurvy. 

Eat lots of oranges. Get the pain area covered in citrus juices. 

And get back to work!

Lol tbc he could take a load of wholefood vitamin C, might dislodge what sounds like an infection.

And stop poking it, the swelling is spreading the infection around so your antibodies have more work. Just do your research on root canals, they have risks and whatever you do don't get mercury/silver amalgams!

1 hour ago, DeeMarie said:

Lol tbc he could take a load of wholefood vitamin C, might dislodge what sounds like an infection.

And stop poking it, the swelling is spreading the infection around so your antibodies have more work. Just do your research on root canals, they have risks and whatever you do don't get mercury/silver amalgams!

Do they still use silver amalgams? I know it's forbidden to use in my country.

1 minute ago, Heradon said:

Same.

1 hour ago, Heradon said:

They do in the US and the UK. It's shocking.

Lel, when it's come to health you're happy to live in France :P

Edited by Johnnyshaun

9 hours ago, DeeMarie said:

And stop poking it, the swelling is spreading the infection around so your antibodies have more work. 

Vitamin C doesn't 'dislodge' anything, and swelling doesn't spread an infection.

On 11.10.2016 at 2:44 PM, Zer said:

@Darkrasp I'm almost sure you knows about it, but check http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Long,_exceptional,_or_hidden_questlines these quests/encounters while scripting. All of them are havily scripted and could show the scripting quality of the server.

I have yet to find any private server where the CLUCK! quest has worked, this includes Nostalrius.

2 hours ago, War said:

Vitamin C doesn't 'dislodge' anything, and swelling doesn't spread an infection.

By dislodge I mean 'get rid of'.

With my widsom tooth the tissue around it was inflamed and I was told not to poke it or it could spread to the surrounding tissues. Of course, like Darkrasp, the last thing I wanted to do was poke it...:/