Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/10/2016

72 posts in this topic

Imagine the face of a newcomer when reading through this thread... Do these guys talk about dental hygiene in ALL updates?

Joke aside, I'm sorry to hear about your condition, @Darkrasp. Hope you take care of it soon, both for your and our benefit. :D

Went this morning to the dentist.  They never told me exactly what is wrong, but apparently the tooth is dead and I need a root canal.  The next available appointment they could give me for that is next Friday, the 21st.  Until then, their suggestion for dealing with the pain is, "Take an extra strength Advil and and extra strength Tylenol at the same time."  Hey, it's only a week and a half.

Thanks, modern medicine.

34 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Went this morning to the dentist.  They never told me exactly what is wrong, but apparently the tooth is dead and I need a root canal.  The next available appointment they could give me for that is next Friday, the 21st.  Until then, their suggestion for dealing with the pain is, "Take an extra strength Advil and and extra strength Tylenol at the same time."  Hey, it's only a week and a half.

Thanks, modern medicine.

That sucks man... 

I would go buy some tooth numbing gel or something also.

Or just take a rock like the movie Cast Away and go at it :D 

Naw but that really sucks man. surprised they can't get you in earlier than that. 

You have swelling and they didn't give you antibiotics? Seriously? Swelling = Infection (inflammation).

Antibiotics would relieve you of pain faster than painkillers, also tooth is dead, and pain does not compute haha, the only way to have a tooth-ache is if the nerves are still alive (the ones they will remove with the root-canal).

Anyway, best of luck and obviously go with your doctor's advice :D

Edited by Roadblock

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

Thanks, modern medicine.

canadian healthcare ;)

5 hours ago, imbaslap said:

canadian healthcare ;)

French Healthcare dude... French healthcare...

Never had to worried about anything wherever I am in the world. Sometimes we even forget to remember how lucky we are.

10 hours ago, Roadblock said:

You have swelling and they didn't give you antibiotics? Seriously? Swelling = Infection (inflammation).

Antibiotics would relieve you of pain faster than painkillers, also tooth is dead, and pain does not compute haha, the only way to have a tooth-ache is if the nerves are still alive (the ones they will remove with the root-canal).

Yeah seems strange but of course a root canal is worth more than just a simple extraction. As for the doctor's advice, how about a dentists? ^^

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/05/31/root-canal-teeth.aspx

Tooth pain is the worst pain ever, women will choose childbirth over a toothache. If you have to wait a week and they won't give antibiotics, start getting Vitamin C into you, liposomal if you can't eat (don't just take the ascorbic acid form) and dump turmeric into anything you cook. Stay away from sugar and try salt water or coconut oil to kill off the bacteria that's causing the problems. All that sorted my wisdom tooth problems (until it flares up again :( )

17 hours ago, Zunnie said:

I have yet to find any private server where the CLUCK! quest has worked, this includes Nostalrius.

I hate to say this... but I have done the quest on k2 and received the egg (chicken pet)

15 hours ago, Roadblock said:

In France we have a sentence about this "Antibiotics aren't automatics" 

In fact, the more we use Antibiotics, the more bacterias get antibioresistant and maybe one day, antibiotics will do nothing and it will be a real disaster. 30% of  Staphylococcus are now resistant to antibiotics. Streptococcus was 0.5% resistant in 80's, now it' 45%.

Don't use antibiotics for every problem, use anti-inflammatory.

Edited by Johnnyshaun

2 hours ago, Johnnyshaun said:

In France we have a sentence about this "Antibiotics aren't automatics" 

In fact, the more we use Antibiotics, the more bacterias get antibioresistant and maybe one day, antibiotics will do nothing and it will be a real disaster. 30% of  Staphylococcus are now resistant to antibiotics. Streptococcus was 0.5% resistant in 80's, now it' 45%.

Don't use antibiotics for every problem, use anti-inflammatory.

They pump a hundred time more antibiotics into healthy animals than they do humans. Just sayin' :P

I better stop derailing this before I get banned...

5 hours ago, DeeMarie said:

They pump a hundred time more antibiotics into healthy animals than they do humans. Just sayin' :P

I better stop derailing this before I get banned...

That doesn't justify it.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:14 PM, Zunnie said:

I have yet to find any private server where the CLUCK! quest has worked, this includes Nostalrius.

It worked for me on both Nost and Kronos.

3 minutes ago, Sque said:

It worked for me on both Nost and Kronos.

:(

Did you do it late in the release? I got the quest but was never able to hand it in....

3 minutes ago, Zunnie said:

Did you do it late in the release? I got the quest but was never able to hand it in....

Around last november I think.

12 minutes ago, Sque said:

Around last november I think.

:( I was stuck in a weird loop on the PvE server where I could pick up the q but I could not hand it in unless some other guy did the /chicken emotes. After I picked it up I simply could not get the chicken to be friendly.

51 minutes ago, Zunnie said:

:( I was stuck in a weird loop on the PvE server where I could pick up the q but I could not hand it in unless some other guy did the /chicken emotes. After I picked it up I simply could not get the chicken to be friendly.

Not even chickens like you Zunnie.

<3

4 hours ago, Zunnie said:

Sometimes I get this bug on private servers - question mark is yellow, but cannot finish the quest. This can be fixed by abandoning and taking again the quest. Obviously some quests will have to be redone, but most will work.

9 minutes ago, Joyman said:

Sometimes I get this bug on private servers - question mark is yellow, but cannot finish the quest. This can be fixed by abandoning and taking again the quest. Obviously some quests will have to be redone, but most will work.

Litteraly could not get the chickent to be friendly with me.... Abandoning the Q did not work, I could do that, then do /chicken untill it got friendly, but while having the Q I was not able to make the chicken friendly :(

On 10/13/2016 at 2:51 AM, Darkrasp said:

Thanks, modern medicine.

Those are not quite strong painkillers though. It's a shame that nimesulide is not available in your country.

5 hours ago, Zunnie said:

Are you sure that you did your emote-ing the right way?

4 hours ago, Sque said:

Are you sure that you did your emote-ing the right way?

Yeah, I am using mac though.... maybe that has something to do with it ?