Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sakritan

Detail matters! What do you want?

126 posts in this topic
14 minutes ago, Sakritan said:

Me personally I love having mobs running away fast, it really adds to the difficulty. I mean sure if they are have effects like chill, hamstring, wing clip etc they should run away Slow and correctly. But if not, they should run pretty fast to get help, and make you pay for it. Making the player actually think about using their toolkit I think is the right way, we want a challanging experience and its not like vanilla got too many mechanics in them, so fleeing is a very important part and I just love this mechanic ^^

I'm not complaining about them running away - I get that and have always understood that as a potential danger that you have to be aware of. However, in retail, the mobs didn't zip away - they ran. Again, not at full speed and not at a snail's pace, either. On private servers, it doesn't work like this most of the time. They practically ZOOM out of your face and head long into three more mobs before you even have a chance to react. Okay, then I have some slow-effect moves that help - WRONG. I remember getting so frustrated on these servers that slowing effects on mobs at low health was VERY finniky and sometimes wouldn't register at all (this was bad on my mage, hunter, and rogue, especially). In retail, even if they are already in the process of running away, you can still slow mobs. On most private servers, you have to apply the slowing effect BEFORE they reach a certain percentage of health left. If you apply the effect after the fact, it processes as if they were never slowed. Slow effects work on the player but not on mobs - das some bullshit.

I know Cell, I understand what you mean and I agree. I also think they should be slowed when slowed, obviously ^^ No matter if its before or after they start running. I just hope they will run away pretty fast unless you actually use the slow, you should pay for it. I wouldnt really care if the pace of normal (un-slowed) running away mechianic was abit faster than retail, as it just adds to the challange, which im all for personally. I want the questing experience to be brutal, just as everything else, as that makes the game feel oh so rewarding :)  But hey, im pretty sure Crestfall will go for retail like speed regardless. Them tuning difficulty will most likely only concern raids. (I'd hope end-game dungeons as well but prob not gonna happen)

8 hours ago, Whitepanda said:

I want this to work on Crestfall:

Done? None of this is complicated. Each mob already gets their own scripts. Loot was redesigned, and the ending ones like "mob speed" is literally a column change in the database. I find it hilarious that this was used as a hype video.

You would be surprised how just a simple video like showing AI, Rare mobs, or working class mechanics can really hype a server. Truth is anyone can make a server look great and while the video of kronos was nice, the server is still pretty bad. I hope we can see some gameplay videos soon to show the fruits of your labor and continue to strength the Crestfall community. Until then I'm still quite skeptical and wont fall for another Playtbc hype.

My biggest concern is pathing...

2 hours ago, Asura said:

I find it hilarious that this was used as a hype video.

It's definitely an improvement over the industry standard which seems to be "the mob has a static spawn... provided we didn't forget the mob exists".

Edited by Xaverius

I just want the STV Fishing Extravaganza to work. Haven't had the arcanite pole and fish trinket since Live :(

And I'm glad gossips are working. Was always alarming on mangos server when the defias brotherhood wanted more bones to chew on :|

9 hours ago, Asura said:

Done? None of this is complicated. Each mob already gets their own scripts. Loot was redesigned, and the ending ones like "mob speed" is literally a column change in the database. I find it hilarious that this was used as a hype video.

Ofc this build hype because no other server had this working :D

What kind of hype videos are u guys gonna have if you find this hillarious :D

Most servers have broken rare spawns. They either respawn too soon, too long, or don't have their item tables. On Nost, at first, they didn't drop anything. This is one thing I reported when I beta tested the server. I think they had it fixed by launch. Their rares originally didn't drop a damn thing. Another issue, which I don't think they ever fixed as far as I know, was spawns having more than 1 location. On retail, some spawns have several possible locations. Broken Tooth for instance, had 3 different spawns in the Badlands. Nost, with these kind of spawns, just picked 1, and discarded the others. Everyone camping this rare was at 1 of the 3 spots, because the server didn't properly use the other 2 at all. On retail, it could pop on any, and you'd never know which one. I used to be clever by sitting on a certain rock, which was within Eagle Eye range of all 3 locations. Simply by coming here, I could check them all.

But of course the next issue was the massive population, which didn't work with default timers. Despite having 4x the normal player count, we still had 1x respawn timers. So on retail, with something like BT, you'd have maybe 1 Hunter camping it, then he'd eventually get it, and leave. On Nost, you had 10. The same can be said about the quest demon spawns. They really fucked us Hunters, and left it this way all last year. I don't know why it was such a complicated concept that a higher population should translate into smaller respawn timers. We tried to beat this into their skull all last year, and they wouldn't hear any of it, eventually saying they'd do "dynamic timers", something that probably takes 100x as much work to script, and when they finally put it in, it didn't work right, nor affect everything it needed to. It was the longer more illogical/risky solution than just lowering the number value right in the server code, which probably could have been applied to everything it needed to be on in a few days. A dynamic script is something that could have been made later.

Naturally I hope Crestfall aims to be even better. Nost did set a high bar for private servers, being the best one to date, but it still had PLENTY of issues and room for improvement. It was no where near its maximum potential.

Edited by Drain

12 hours ago, Whitepanda said:

Ofc this build hype because no other server had this working :D

What kind of hype videos are u guys gonna have if you find this hillarious :D

probably the sort of stuff that's hard to get working to a retail standard or stuff other servers skip completely, I bet they'll have something on loot after Darkrasp spent weeks slaving over loot tables and what not.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

I'd like to see the "combat bug" fixed. But im confident it wont appear here. This bug was really annoying and i think everybody who played at Nost experienced it. It forced you to stay in combat with an invisible, bugged or summoned mob i think.

Im not totally aware what the reasons for this bug were but it was really annoying. 

9 minutes ago, DeeMarie said:

Anyone remember when snowballs would knock people down?

<snip>

!!!

@Asura Implement this and make it the hype video for CF, holy crap LMAOOO

Lol we used to knock people into the Lag Pit in Ironforge with them. Can't remember how long it lasted before Blizz 'fixed' it.

Note: Ordinary snowballs should only work while grouped, it was the Hard Packed ones in AV that caused the problems :p

Edited by DeeMarie

1 hour ago, DeeMarie said:

Lol we used to knock people into the Lag Pit in Ironforge with them. Can't remember how long it lasted before Blizz 'fixed' it.

Note: Ordinary snowballs should only work while grouped, it was the Hard Packed ones in AV that caused the problems :P

I can't even recall how many times we wiped at faerlina, patchwerk and alike because people were mass spamming snowballs at all the tanks :D

4 hours ago, Rhook said:

I'd like to see the "combat bug" fixed. But im confident it wont appear here. This bug was really annoying and i think everybody who played at Nost experienced it. It forced you to stay in combat with an invisible, bugged or summoned mob i think.

Im not totally aware what the reasons for this bug were but it was really annoying. 

I remember I got the usual combat bug when I used demoralizing shout as a warrior and it hit a critter in Wailing Caverns. We had to run all the way back to the beginning and killed all the critters, finally we found that one Toad that had bugged shout on him xD It was hilarious but extremely frustrating. Until they figured it out we just had to make a habit of killing critters ^^

* Stormwind scripted! The whole town.

Could we see the Stockade Event working? The thing about the Prisoneers. Werent they walking inside the dungeon or going out of the dungeon and sometimes causing serious trouble for people standing there or AFKing and EVEN dying? Yea the memories dying without details getting fixed because THIS is fun, seeing people die like that, same as the next Quote!

* The Great Masquerade quest

When the Guards transform into Dragonkins, i remember even with my shitty 256MB RAM computer, people died there because of the Dragonkins!

They are supposed to cleave and mess around, here more details: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8073

I really hope that the Battlemasters are going to be in the SW's Boss room like it was in vanilla, their positions have been changed just before TBC hit.

* Stitches questchain and event

On nostalrius i remember some Guards actually spawned, but only some, but they didnt run from darkshire.

Here every detail of the event: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=944#comments:id=7199

Edit:

* Those few Guys (Shadowsilk Poacher) should patroll in Searing Gorge, usualy on other servers they just stay on the mountain nobody can see: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=5998

These guys can be of danger since they are walking right in the middle of the road.

* Mathredis Firestar who takes Librams for example 8 spell damage on legs should only show her/his quests if u have the libram in your bag: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=3117

Also usually there are pictures missing when you click on the Libram to read it.

Knowing there wont be Greetings, <Player>, this is some high standard, I will just wait and check what those guys are doing who have proper scripts like in the video shown @OP's post.

Also by the way, there are Speeches fixed on Kronos but they dont work together, she says 1 he says 2 then she says 5... Messages are not coliding well... and Patrols dont walk together, always splitting the group.

Edited by Brikot

One detail that dark has been working (finished I presume) is NPC gossip. No more generic "greetings (insert name)" this little thing makes me mad because it reminds me that this is a private server.

I can already see this is gonna make huge news and blizzard should get nervous.

Dicks out for Retail fanboys. RIP finding arguments LOL

*uninformed padawan writes: EHEM EHEM; PRIVATE SERVER LOL GREETINGS BUG"

Edited by Brikot

I want hunter to be working. It seems to be broken on Elysium and Kronos.

2 hours ago, Heradon said:

I want hunter to be working. It seems to be broken on Elysium and Kronos.

Wow, specific. /s

On 2016-10-14 at 9:51 AM, DeeMarie said:

And I'm glad gossips are working. Was always alarming on mangos server when the defias brotherhood wanted more bones to chew on :|

...or any static object saying "HELLO" :D

9 hours ago, Soyoen said:

...or any static object saying "HELLO" :D

Haha. Or the quest corpses saying 'Greetings!' eep

I remember seeing someone with a Tabard of the Protector and lusting after it. The thought that I might have one makes me real happy. 

Edited by Soothe