Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sakritan

Detail matters! What do you want?

135 posts in this topic
23 hours ago, Sakritan said:

LOL! I want parrying and dodging critters! Godmode bunny. The revenge of the critters!

I can kinda understand a rabbit dodge. But a parry?

Should've used the holy hand grenade. "Four shalt thou not count..."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2016 at 10:31 AM, DeeMarie said:

Anyone remember when snowballs would knock people down?

 

 

lol I just noticed I commented on that video 7 years ago.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember doing a quest in Hillsbrad Foothills with my shaman back in retail, collecting buckets of apples from the Hillsbrad farm. But I havent seen the quest on any private server. What say you @Darkrasp?

Could anyone confirm this or was I dreaming? Cant find the quest in any database but I have a crystal clear memory of doing it on two horde characters.

Edited by QuantumMind
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QuantumMind said:

I remember doing a quest in Hillsbrad Foothills with my shaman back in retail, collecting buckets of apples from the Hillsbrad farm. But I havent seen the quest on any private server. What say you @Darkrasp?

Could anyone confirm this or was I dreaming? Cant find the quest in any database but I have a crystal clear memory of doing it on two horde characters.

probly lucid dreaming... :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe no one said this on a post 4 pages long: Corrupted Ashbringer scripting scene on Scarlet Monastery please!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HarTstaRx said:

I can't believe no one said this on a post 4 pages long: Corrupted Ashbringer scripting scene on Scarlet Monastery please!

 

I was amazed that blizzard put that in the game considering only like 500? people in the world probably have corrupted ashbringer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

I was amazed that blizzard put that in the game considering only like 500? people in the world probably have corrupted ashbringer.

Oh, you know, back in the day where lore was a thing blizzard devs sometimes focused on.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

I was amazed that blizzard put that in the game considering only like 500? people in the world probably have corrupted ashbringer.

I'm amazed that the hunter got the corrupted Ashbringer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayumi said:

I'm amazed that the hunter got the corrupted Ashbringer.

Couldn't agree more - a true Hunter weapon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

photo.jpg

 

Edited by Zecov
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to have blizzlike talents and changes based on the patches, 1.12 is good and all, but i remember looking forward to the class revamp, they also changed the raid environment quite a bit (for example, the patch where they allowed offhand weapon miss chance to be affected by hit increased rogue and warrior DPS quite a bit)

I know it's probably too much work :/ and people might be against it because it would devalue some of the classes until their revamp

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Blizzard made me the Ashbringer! Also Lerooy is an Ashbringer too.. Everybody is an Ashbringer!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, meph said:

I would love to have blizzlike talents and changes based on the patches, 1.12 is good and all, but i remember looking forward to the class revamp, they also changed the raid environment quite a bit (for example, the patch where they allowed offhand weapon miss chance to be affected by hit increased rogue and warrior DPS quite a bit)

I know it's probably too much work :/ and people might be against it because it would devalue some of the classes until their revamp

 

That would require a lot of work. I think the devs said they would have to do a shit ton of wonky hackfixes to even get that to work, even then it would take months.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@meph as above but I also believe that the main issue in faithfully replicating wow from 1.1 is that the information needed is simply not widely available.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

@meph as above but I also believe that the main issue in faithfully replicating wow from 1.1 is that the information needed is simply not widely available.

Yeah, I thought as much, but one can wish, right? :D it's good to know that you guys are planning to up the difficulties of some of the early raids. I don't think blizz rebalanced MC after buffing almost all classes and gear (stat redistribution on T1, class rebalancing etc.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I JUST REMEMBERED ONE!!!


For the quest, Ursal the Mauler, once he's been killed, the enslaved druids nearby should wake up and transform into owls and fly away. They never did this on private realms I played on - this would be really cool to see. I always thought I didn't do the quest right because the druids just stayed there sleeping instead of transforming.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-11-13 at 7:48 PM, Nether said:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Children_of_Goldshire

Itd be nice if OP could update the original reply with the suggestions here. 

The devs have been visiting this thread so I trust they have skimmed through most of the suggestions made here and even took some notes of things they might have missed. Also the Quest and Event scripting is coming very soon on Beta so I assume the team is going to re-visit threads like this if case they missed something. Keep making suggestions! I could go through all 4 pages and update my OP with everything I guess, but im also abit lazy ¬¬

 

On 2016-11-13 at 7:50 PM, HarTstaRx said:

I can't believe no one said this on a post 4 pages long: Corrupted Ashbringer scripting scene on Scarlet Monastery please!

*video*

Sorry, but the reason this wasnt mentioned in my OP is because its such an obvious and epic thing that there is just nooooooo way the devs of Crestfall would ever miss this :P

 

On 2016-11-14 at 2:36 PM, meph said:

I would love to have blizzlike talents and changes based on the patches, 1.12 is good and all, but i remember looking forward to the class revamp, they also changed the raid environment quite a bit (for example, the patch where they allowed offhand weapon miss chance to be affected by hit increased rogue and warrior DPS quite a bit)

I know it's probably too much work :/ and people might be against it because it would devalue some of the classes until their revamp

That would require them to use a different client than the 1.12.1 one, and would also require every single player to download that new modified client. The work would be immense and its never ever going to happen. Server side changes like gear changes are one thing, but talent trees etc are hardcoded and cannot be changed in 1.12.1 client. I mean, sure making under the hood changes like Increase chance to hit by 1% into 5% instead could be done technically, but the client tooltip and talent trees would still show 1% for everyone, so it would be messed up.

 

On 2016-11-14 at 5:43 PM, meph said:

Yeah, I thought as much, but one can wish, right? :D it's good to know that you guys are planning to up the difficulties of some of the early raids. I don't think blizz rebalanced MC after buffing almost all classes and gear (stat redistribution on T1, class rebalancing etc.)

Yes, this is one of those things im most excited about here on Crestfall. I hope they slightly change/randomize some boss timers as well so it breaks a few addons, that would be awesome and make everything abit more unpredicable = more challenging.

 

15 minutes ago, cell007 said:

I JUST REMEMBERED ONE!!!


For the quest, Ursal the Mauler, once he's been killed, the enslaved druids nearby should wake up and transform into owls and fly away. They never did this on private realms I played on - this would be really cool to see. I always thought I didn't do the quest right because the druids just stayed there sleeping instead of transforming.

Nice one! I dont think i've seen this in my private server experience either.

 

Lets just hope the scripting team comes here looking through this thread. Or I might just update the OP if they want to have it all gathered in one place. There is another similar thread here on the forums as well with loads of awesome info.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
On 13/11/2016 at 7:48 PM, Nether said:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Children_of_Goldshire

Itd be nice if OP could update the original reply with the suggestions here. 

The devs have been visiting this thread so I trust they have skimmed through most of the suggestions made here and even took some notes of things they might have missed. Also the Quest and Event scripting is coming very soon on Beta so I assume the team is going to re-visit threads like this if case they missed something. Keep making suggestions! I could go through all 4 pages and update my OP with everything I guess, but im also abit lazy ¬¬

Well the general idea is that new reporters dont have to read X pages each time they wish to contribute. It is ofcourse in your hands.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gnomeregan after the elevator NPCs: 3.07-3.11 (these are usually missing from various private servers), not certain about the "arena NPCs" or the group of troggs that should be around (aka if they're missing or not). As you can see from the video there should def be more than (6) of these kinds of NPCs (sowwy for all gnomeregan haters) through the "entry" area.

 

Edited by Soyoen
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Soyoen said:

Gnomeregan after the elevator NPCs: 3.07-3.11 (these are usually missing from various private servers), not certain about the "arena NPCs" or the group of troggs that should be around (aka if they're missing or not). As you can see from the video there should def be more than (6) of these kinds of NPCs (sowwy for all gnomeregan haters) through the "entry" area.

 

I always hated Gnomer in Vanilla even though one of my toons was an engineer. Then we did it again on Nost and OK, we did have a good crew (VoIP, two sheeping mages etc) but it was pretty easy apart from a bugged pathing wipe, now you're making me think I was right the first time around....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the devs to stop spoilig us with such detail of progress and info... it makes you cringe and vomit when looking at elysiums updates..

Wish i could help you guys out with scripting and all that jazz in my freetime. Cya on Open beta☺

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.11.2016 at 8:49 PM, mage21 said:

I want the devs to stop spoilig us with such detail of progress and info... it makes you cringe and vomit when looking at elysiums updates..

Wish i could help you guys out with scripting and all that jazz in my freetime. Cya on Open beta☺

No devs are spoiling anything here ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Brikot said:

No devs are spoiling anything here ?

 

Giving away all of Ragnaros's mechanics and what you need to defeat him is a big spoil. Since every other pserver has this fight wrong he's usually even easier than in his most nerfed state during retail vanilla.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found out about this project a few days ago, interested in the non-stock mangos core deal (thanks Orcbit for reviews and interview)

 

Was wondering what the stance is on LoS with trees and such? Kronos did a good job with their tree los, but it's a little overtuned imo, and does lead to pathing problems.

I am wondering what they mean by terrain, but not trees. I guess we'll have to see just how fine tuned it is.

 

50g respecs, or possible discounted? (Yeah, I got spoiled a little. it's a damn nice perk)

^Read Q&A after, woops^

 

Stance on safespotting abuse? highly rampant on kronos, and can be silly for kicks, it's a little over the top and far too accepted, not what I'd call "PVP". Haven't touched kronos BG's for some months though.

 

Worried about the Kronos split issue, nost garbage server doesn't interest me.

Will definitely roll an alt to see how they did essentially rebuilding a whole new core to compare my mostly crappy ~5-6 yrs of pserver experiences with.

Who knows, might go crestfall all the way, if kronos does kick the bucket. Lately have been feeling more and more abandoned by the team in favor of population/monetary benefits.

 

Might update this post with more questions as they come

Edited by spazztastic
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0