Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sakritan

Detail matters! What do you want?

147 posts in this topic

By cmkennedy on 11/29/2006 (Patch 1.12.2)

This quest is ludicrously easy. It can be performed at the lowest possible level. Three waves of Naga appear from behind the hill. One wave of three, one wave of two, and a final wave of three. They are all level 40.

Pay attention to the Captain, though, swabbie! He tells you to man the cannon. Head up the ramp to the ship and find the solitary cannon on the main deck. Right-clicking on this cannon while standing beside it will one-shot every Naga that appears in one fell swoop. Wait until the Naga are descending upon the defenders and fire. Every Naga will die instantly. After your three waves are done, collect your reward, matey!

Man the cannons matey! Hardly ever see this working in the private server scene (f.e. when Nost released you got oneshot over and over again trying to board the ship, good times^_^)

Edited by Soyoen

9 hours ago, Soyoen said:

By cmkennedy on 11/29/2006 (Patch 1.12.2)

This quest is ludicrously easy. It can be performed at the lowest possible level. Three waves of Naga appear from behind the hill. One wave of three, one wave of two, and a final wave of three. They are all level 40.

Pay attention to the Captain, though, swabbie! He tells you to man the cannon. Head up the ramp to the ship and find the solitary cannon on the main deck. Right-clicking on this cannon while standing beside it will one-shot every Naga that appears in one fell swoop. Wait until the Naga are descending upon the defenders and fire. Every Naga will die instantly. After your three waves are done, collect your reward, matey!

Man the cannons matey! Hardly ever see this working in the private server scene (f.e. when Nost released you got oneshot over and over again trying to board the ship, good times^_^)

If i remember correctly i did it on Nost PvE but that was like 1 year or almost 1 year since release and ofc it worked fine by then =D

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

Hey!

This actually is a suggestion, but I found it useless enough to not open an extra thread for it. So I picked this thread, sorry if I´m a bit wrong here :P

I´d love to see a minor change: When you are in one of the druid forms (or shaman ghost wolf) and you want to see how an Item looks on you, one will only see the form you are currently in. Maybe you could change this so no matter how you look, the preview tab will only show your "human" self?

I know, its useless (and non-Blizzlike), but it bugged me so often and I think it wouldnt hurt anyone!

LG, Buddhaseyes

Edit: Sorry and thanks @hettar87. Made a post there too, for some reason did not think about this ;) 

Edited by buddhaseyes

23 hours ago, buddhaseyes said:

Hey!

This actually is a suggestion, but I found it useless enough to not open an extra thread for it. So I picked this thread, sorry if I´m a bit wrong here :P

I´d love to see a minor change: When you are in one of the druid forms (or shaman ghost wolf) and you want to see how an Item looks on you, one will only see the form you are currently in. Maybe you could change this so no matter how you look, the preview tab will only show your "human" self?

I know, its useless (and non-Blizzlike), but it bugged me so often and I think it wouldnt hurt anyone!

LG, Buddhaseyes

You can express such questions / views in the following topic. 

It'll never happen, but it's always fun discussing :)

On 2016-10-12 at 6:42 AM, Terminus said:

The bug that bothers me to this day I've never seen it fixed anywhere, Shadow form for priests. If you mount while in shadow form, for some reason it changes its coloration (making it more transparent and removing the purple coloration) and does not reset till you either recast shadowform or enter an instance.

this, i would roll a priest if this worked, i don't know if it's possible since the bug was also in 1.12 on live servers but to me it seems just like a opacity value gone wrong somewhere but what do i know :)

Edited by Chizzum

I want them to fix the gamebreaking stuff that all privateservers neglect because they are not cookiecutter specs. Like Enhancement Shaman, Retri paladin, Prot Paladin, etc Always big bugs on them.

1 hour ago, Sherekhan said:

I want them to fix the gamebreaking stuff that all privateservers neglect because they are not cookiecutter specs. Like Enhancement Shaman, Retri paladin, Prot Paladin, etc Always big bugs on them.

Perhaps you should point out which bugs these classes have to fix.  Protection Paladin usually isn't that bugged out on most servers.  The closest things to bugs is that their scaling isn't exact detail to Retail, but these can almost be seen as intentional buffs to help the class that tends to be the butt of many jokes on the raiding seen.

22 minutes ago, spazyspaz said:

Perhaps you should point out which bugs these classes have to fix.  Protection Paladin usually isn't that bugged out on most servers.  The closest things to bugs is that their scaling isn't exact detail to Retail, but these can almost be seen as intentional buffs to help the class that tends to be the butt of many jokes on the raiding seen.

Maybe its a joke cus private servers get it wrong.
I don't remenber being that bad in retail vanilla, sure maybe it wasn't as great as prot warrior but it wasn't awful

13 hours ago, spazyspaz said:

Read @Elicas guides on prot paladin an Shamans you will se and also devs. WF were not right on nostl, consecration were wrong and also seals. For some examples.  Some totems often fails aswell. 

23 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

Here is the question though.   Do we want them to be 100% Blizlike?  Or do we want minor variations and changes to help those roles which are considered 'lacking.'  

As a paladin main since retail, keeping the attack power and spell power scaling on consecration bug would be a dream come true for me.   On private servers its a bug sure, but its a bug that helps paladins with threat management and dps regardless of spec making what people consider the worst dps spec ((Its better than Boomies I swear!)) more viable and less joke worthy.  

Most of the bugs for ret paladins definitely need a fix, but if there were any bugs I'd say to intentionally keep despite not being 100% blizzlike, it would be the AP scaling on Consecration.   Also, a bigger question is, if they keep it 100% retail blizzlike, you realize Protection paladins will be the #1 broken class in the game on launch?  Literally 100% brokenly OP to the point of making world raid and world pvp a farce?  Do we want that bug which wasn't fixed until a later patch when it was finally exploited fixed at launch, or keep it blizz like despite the fact its a bug?  

This is one of the big questions we have to ask in this threat.   What DETAILS do we want?  Do we want to look at some private servers who have bugs that actually are massive QoL improvements for classes and fix the ones that should work but dont' work at all ((Looking at you Sanctity Aura, and Retribution Aura not working off Judgement of crusader.))   Or do we genuinely want it 100% totally blizzlike complete with the blizzlike bugs that will break the game?

25 minutes ago, spazyspaz said:

Here is the question though.   Do we want them to be 100% Blizlike?  Or do we want minor variations and changes to help those roles which are considered 'lacking.'  

As a paladin main since retail, keeping the attack power and spell power scaling on consecration bug would be a dream come true for me.   On private servers its a bug sure, but its a bug that helps paladins with threat management and dps regardless of spec making what people consider the worst dps spec ((Its better than Boomies I swear!)) more viable and less joke worthy.  

Most of the bugs for ret paladins definitely need a fix, but if there were any bugs I'd say to intentionally keep despite not being 100% blizzlike, it would be the AP scaling on Consecration.   Also, a bigger question is, if they keep it 100% retail blizzlike, you realize Protection paladins will be the #1 broken class in the game on launch?  Literally 100% brokenly OP to the point of making world raid and world pvp a farce?  Do we want that bug which wasn't fixed until a later patch when it was finally exploited fixed at launch, or keep it blizz like despite the fact its a bug?  

This is one of the big questions we have to ask in this threat.   What DETAILS do we want?  Do we want to look at some private servers who have bugs that actually are massive QoL improvements for classes and fix the ones that should work but dont' work at all ((Looking at you Sanctity Aura, and Retribution Aura not working off Judgement of crusader.))   Or do we genuinely want it 100% totally blizzlike complete with the blizzlike bugs that will break the game?

I want blizzlike in that aspect. But as an enhancement shaman i would like to see WF get bonus out of AP and i would love to see WF totem buff correctly, I would love for pulsing totems (ex earthbind) to puls at drop as they should.

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm kinda going crazy thinking about this.

Am I wrong in believing that when you killed mobs that had summoned minions (let's say warlock type mobs or one that summons an elemental), the minion was supposed to disappear or die as soon as you killed the main mob? (In this example, a warlock mob with a summoned imp minion, if I kill the warlock, the imp will disappear, fade away, or die automatically)

I'm asking because I could have sworn that in retail, with a large amount of these types of mobs, if you kill the caster, the minion disappears immediately afterward. However, in most private servers I've played on, this doesn't happen. The minion stays spawned and will continue to attack you until you kill it. 

I'd like to know people's opinion on this or if they know the answer because I swear when I was playing, I would kill the main caster mob and then be dumbfounded as to why the minion was still attacking me. I figure I wouldn't have this reaction if I had remembered it being that way in retail. 

24 minutes ago, cell007 said:

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm kinda going crazy thinking about this.

Am I wrong in believing that when you killed mobs that had summoned minions (let's say warlock type mobs or one that summons an elemental), the minion was supposed to disappear or die as soon as you killed the main mob? (In this example, a warlock mob with a summoned imp minion, if I kill the warlock, the imp will disappear, fade away, or die automatically)

I'm asking because I could have sworn that in retail, with a large amount of these types of mobs, if you kill the caster, the minion disappears immediately afterward. However, in most private servers I've played on, this doesn't happen. The minion stays spawned and will continue to attack you until you kill it. 

I'd like to know people's opinion on this or if they know the answer because I swear when I was playing, I would kill the main caster mob and then be dumbfounded as to why the minion was still attacking me. I figure I wouldn't have this reaction if I had remembered it being that way in retail. 

is this in regards to NPC's that have summoned pets?

if so, i could tell you.. but knowing the cost of my labors on bug research and exploit unraveling, i may have to consider a sort of bribe/payment.

jk. :P

i'm sure you answered the question yourself. watch joana's leveling guide. you'll find the answer.

I did not read the whole thing so I don't know whether it was mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see that mobs spread out properly around you instead of standing in each other like it is often seen on other servers.

Edited by fruitsalad

1 hour ago, fruitsalad said:

I did not read the whole thing so I don't know whether it was mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see that mobs spread out properly around you instead of standing in each other like it is often seen on other servers.

search "fanning" on this forum. They implement this i think

Edited by Brikot

I've got an off-the-wall idea: a hard cap on the quantities of all, specific, non-respawning items that can be looted or purchased, combined with the ability to loot said item from a toon of the opposite faction you've killed in WPVP. That would totally change how toons go after blue gear, because there would be a fixed, insufficient quantity of each blue item in the gameworld, and you could never be sure if that dirty opposite-faction member had one of them for you to loot. :D

Edited by quentinv
"quantity" not "number" for clarity

On 15.10.2016 at 5:26 PM, Brikot said:

Knowing there wont be Greetings, <Player>, this is some high standard, I will just wait and check what those guys are doing who have proper scripts like in the video shown @OP's post.

Elysium's reddit has a post about these, they're quite hilarious: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5r1pem/greetings_kodo/:D

Obviously not game breaking but still something I'm tired of seeing on every private server.

37 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

still something I'm tired of seeing on every private server

How dare you, getting tired of random crates and bushes talking to you! You damn objectphobes, I swear... Barrels are people too!

#objectlivesmatter

49 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Elysium's reddit has a post about these, they're quite hilarious: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5r1pem/greetings_kodo/:D

Obviously not game breaking but still something I'm tired of seeing on every private server.

I can't express how glad I will be to no longer see that everywhere around. I don't know. At first, I didn't mind it at all when I started playing on vanilla servers, but with the passing of time it just became kind of unbearable pet peeve. I know it's not a big deal, so I don't stress over it, but I am happy it won't be the case with CF.

Anyway, for the matter at hand. I would be thrilled if they made the world dynamic from adding all the little details of how wildlife interacts to the events that make instances so fun.

The Zul'Farak pyramid event is something that I really enjoy doing, mostly because it was unbelievably broken during the Emerald Dream days.

Edited by HijacK
Typo

On 10/15/2016 at 3:41 AM, Drain said:

Most servers have broken rare spawns. They either respawn too soon, too long, or don't have their item tables. On Nost, at first, they didn't drop anything. This is one thing I reported when I beta tested the server. I think they had it fixed by launch. Their rares originally didn't drop a damn thing. Another issue, which I don't think they ever fixed as far as I know, was spawns having more than 1 location. On retail, some spawns have several possible locations. Broken Tooth for instance, had 3 different spawns in the Badlands. Nost, with these kind of spawns, just picked 1, and discarded the others. Everyone camping this rare was at 1 of the 3 spots, because the server didn't properly use the other 2 at all. On retail, it could pop on any, and you'd never know which one. I used to be clever by sitting on a certain rock, which was within Eagle Eye range of all 3 locations. Simply by coming here, I could check them all.

Yeah this is a pretty big thing, currently on Elysium we have Mad Magglish who is supposed to have three different spawning locations. But because they have not implemented this "random" spawning system he always spawns at the exact same location leading everyone to camp his position for the quest. 

Some other minor things I'd like to mention are the Stormwind City Patrollers during the night they are supposed to have the lanterns but during the day they should have a sword equipped.

"The Challenge" is a very interesting event/quest which I haven't seen properly scripted on any private server thus far. Basically when you play the banner of provocation in the Ring of Law you will instead of the usual spawns get to find Thendren and his gladiators, now the special thing about these NPCs is that they fight like players. They don't have a traditional threat table and they are immune to taunts, instead they will target healers and other clothies and try to gang up on them like normal players, also using CC to lock down the other players and etc. It was a very unique and cool fight.

Another small detail is regarding the NPC, Moon Priestess Amara who patrols the road to Parnassus along with two other sentinel NPCs. When she aggress she will dismount and instead of engaging the attackers in close combat she will attack them with there bow while her sentinels get close and attack. A video of this can be found below (The video is from WotLK but I don't think it is likely that it was changed in the patches):

Edit: You'll also notice another important detail and that is that she is not only aggro linked with her sentinels but they are also waypoint linked. As you can see the sentinels remain stationary while he is interacting with the NPC only resuming their patrolling once Priestess Amara does so.

Edited by OverlyExcessive

People still use wowwiki instead of wowpedia? Although both are terribly outdated and with plenty of missing content, the former just lil more than the latter.

I would at least check both since I have found conflicting information, even in patch notes.

Treant ally http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=5806 Hits like a truck on *every P-server.
But when You open youtube and write joana's levling stonetalon 23-25 you can see treants deal like 30 damage per hit.

*by "every" I mean: every I played (and I played lots of em :/