Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sakritan

Detail matters! What do you want?

146 posts in this topic

Want to mention a chat bug:

When you use a macro that has an ability in it like /cast Kick(Rank 2) and you use ALT + Arrow key up then this macro command is appearing which shouldnt. Its a bug. It shouldnt appear in the chat, it shouldnt be considered as typing in the chat, its just a command beeing run through the macro feature.

Pretty shit experience when you wanna say something again and you cant because of so many macro commands.

Posted (edited)

Ok the nightelf starting area, the cave (Shadowthread Cave)....

I think by now everybody knows the spiders in the cave arent properly positioned-.-.... I wish we had people to look on that.

Is it a problem that you most times pull more than 1 mob ? The positioning in some caves is ridic

Edited by Brikot

Posted (edited)

Not a small thing but hade not worked on other projects. I would say:

Fully working class mechanics for ALL specs. No server have hade this.

Edited by Sherekhan

Can we have all quests enabled and not wait for patches ? Mainly only quests for leveling purposes not stuff that includes rep or other things. It gets frustrating when you dont have quests or only to hard quests in your questlog and nowhere in the same zone is another quest to do so u end up thinking about grinding and then the boredem/dissapointment hits. I hope im not just speaking for myself.

I dont even know if there are quests that are disabled because of the patch releases. But its like i go to Westfall with 11-12 and done with it at level 14. I only do yellow quests... Honestly i might go check allakhazam or whatever, how many quests are supposed to be in westfall.

8 minutes ago, Brikot said:

Can we have all quests enabled and not wait for patches ? Mainly only quests for leveling purposes not stuff that includes rep or other things. It gets frustrating when you dont have quests or only to hard quests in your questlog and nowhere in the same zone is another quest to do so u end up thinking about grinding and then the boredem/dissapointment hits. I hope im not just speaking for myself.

I dont even know if there are quests that are disabled because of the patch releases. But its like i go to Westfall with 11-12 and done with it at level 14. I only do yellow quests... Honestly i might go check allakhazam or whatever, how many quests are supposed to be in westfall.

No idea if it's the case with CF, but I did notice a few rep quests not active on Elysium, noticeably the Timbermaw quests not being up, what a boring grind that was.

17 minutes ago, Brikot said:

Game is designed for u to go to other lvl10-15 zones to lvl.So, it meant to be like that, u fininsh all westfall quests than move to loch modan.That combined with few dungs u get urself lvl20 in no time.If ur not dungeon player theres allways nelf zone to lvl.Back in 2005, it was new game, for players to explore the world, not to sit in one zone for 10 lvls(excpt Barrens).

For me, everythign that is lore or rpg related is very important, so class quests,  faction conflict ( like Toreks assault).

Also. I love rare spawns and I love them with correct loot tables, so thats another Thing :D

The third Thing would probably be correct spell animations ( on Elysium there was that waterform bug that gave you the buff but not the appreance).

On 2017-04-12 at 7:06 PM, Sallerius said:

Game is designed for u to go to other lvl10-15 zones to lvl.So, it meant to be like that, u fininsh all westfall quests than move to loch modan.That combined with few dungs u get urself lvl20 in no time.If ur not dungeon player theres allways nelf zone to lvl.Back in 2005, it was new game, for players to explore the world, not to sit in one zone for 10 lvls(excpt Barrens).

This. In later expansions you dident have to do this zonejumping, sad. About The Barrens it can be looked at like Westfall and Lakeshire in one big zone. 

Posted (edited)

I would like to mention that while Elysium is still alive it is worth to check it out for study purpose.

Study = Bugs and additional game content that occure because of bugs. like camping in cities where no Guards spawn. Or the lupos camping in duskwood both horde and alliance, not sure if there is anything. But just saying. Things where people get mad about in the chat, or why some content just rarely or never happens which happened back in 04/06.

An opportunity like Elysium is gold for this purpose.

Edited by Brikot

Another thing i would like to ask/confirm that low health mobs are moving slower because they are heavily wounded right? It would atleast make sense why they move slowly, im getting pissed off currently running with aspect of cheetah from a raptor whos health is 5% and my pet cant reach him to taunt and i cant shoot him because he is to close -.- He is not getting slower. So im sure all of the mobs should become slower, im sure there are exceptions.

On 16.11.2016 at 5:20 PM, Soyoen said:

Gnomeregan after the elevator NPCs: 3.07-3.11 (these are usually missing from various private servers), not certain about the "arena NPCs" or the group of troggs that should be around (aka if they're missing or not). As you can see from the video there should def be more than (6) of these kinds of NPCs (sowwy for all gnomeregan haters) through the "entry" area.

By the way, the room with all the troggs there should be more than what there is on mangos. I know that.... but no evidence.

9 hours ago, Brikot said:

By the way, the room with all the troggs there should be more than what there is on mangos. I know that.... but no evidence.

I have done an extensive report about the entire pre-area which I've submitted in closed channels.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:20 AM, Brikot said:

Another thing i would like to ask/confirm that low health mobs are moving slower because they are heavily wounded right? It would atleast make sense why they move slowly, im getting pissed off currently running with aspect of cheetah from a raptor whos health is 5% and my pet cant reach him to taunt and i cant shoot him because he is to close -.- He is not getting slower. So im sure all of the mobs should become slower, im sure there are exceptions.

It's not all types of mobs that do it, mostly humanoids. But we have worked on this, albeit not sure how deep the research currently goes for the low health movement speed.

1 hour ago, rooted said:

It's not all types of mobs that do it, mostly humanoids. But we have worked on this, albeit not sure how deep the research currently goes for the low health movement speed.

It's not just normal humanoids either, pretty much everything moves slower the lower their health is.

Video proof with dungeon boss.

Posted (edited)

On 2017/3/23 at 2:09 PM, Brikot said:

Want to mention a chat bug:

When you use a macro that has an ability in it like /cast Kick(Rank 2) and you use ALT + Arrow key up then this macro command is appearing which shouldnt. Its a bug. It shouldnt appear in the chat, it shouldnt be considered as typing in the chat, its just a command beeing run through the macro feature.

Pretty shit experience when you wanna say something again and you cant because of so many macro commands.

This is all on the client side. There is no /cast command in vanilla, so it is registered by an AddOn as a common slash command just like /atlas or something. Slash commands are never even sent to the server. The function ChatEdit_ParseText handles the chat input, and it also adds slash commands to the chat history lines.

Here's an example of how you can overwrite the function to not save specific commands in the history:

local hiddenCommands = {
	["/CAST"] = true,
	["/USE"] = true,
}

function ChatEdit_ParseText(editBox, send)

local text = editBox:GetText();
	if ( strlen(text) <= 0 ) then
		return;
	end

if ( strsub(text, 1, 1) ~= "/" ) then
		return;
	end

-- If the string is in the format "/cmd blah", command will be "cmd"
	local command = gsub(text, "/([^%s]+)%s(.*)", "/%1", 1);
	local msg = "";

if ( command ~= text ) then
		msg = strsub(text, strlen(command) + 2);
	end

command = gsub(command, "%s+", "");
	command = strupper(command);

local channel = gsub(command, "/([0-9]+)", "%1");

if( strlen(channel) > 0 and channel >= "0" and channel <= "9" ) then
		local channelNum, channelName = GetChannelName(channel);
		if ( channelNum > 0 ) then
			editBox.channelTarget = channelNum;
			command = strupper(SLASH_CHANNEL1);
			editBox.chatType = "CHANNEL";
			editBox:SetText(msg);
			ChatEdit_UpdateHeader(editBox);
			return;
		end
	else
		for index, value in ChatTypeInfo do
			local i = 1;
			local cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("SLASH_"..index..i));
			while ( cmdString ) do
				cmdString = strupper(cmdString);
				if ( cmdString == command ) then
					if ( index == "WHISPER" ) then
						ChatEdit_ExtractTellTarget(editBox, msg);
					elseif ( index == "REPLY" ) then
						local lastTell = ChatEdit_GetLastTellTarget(editBox);
						if ( strlen(lastTell) > 0 ) then
							editBox.chatType = "WHISPER";
							editBox.tellTarget = lastTell;
						else
							if ( send == 1 ) then
								ChatEdit_OnEscapePressed(editBox);
							end
							return;
						end
					elseif (index == "CHANNEL") then
						ChatEdit_ExtractChannel(editBox, msg);
					else
						editBox.chatType = index;
					end
					return;
				end
				i = i + 1;
				cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("SLASH_"..index..i));
			end
		end
	end

if ( send == 0 ) then
		return;
	end

for index, value in SlashCmdList do
		local i = 1;
		local cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("SLASH_"..index..i));
		while ( cmdString ) do
			cmdString = strupper(cmdString);
			if ( cmdString == command ) then
				value(msg);
				if not hiddenCommands[command] then
					editBox:AddHistoryLine(text);
				end
				return;
			end
			i = i + 1;
			cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("SLASH_"..index..i));
		end
	end

local i = 1;
	local j = 1;
	local cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("EMOTE"..i.."_CMD"..j));
	while ( cmdString ) do
		if ( strupper(cmdString) == command ) then
			local token = getglobal("EMOTE"..i.."_TOKEN");
			if ( token ) then
				DoEmote(token, msg);
			end
			editBox:AddHistoryLine(text);
			return;
		end
		j = j + 1;
		cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("EMOTE"..i.."_CMD"..j));
		if ( not cmdString ) then
			i = i + 1;
			j = 1;
			cmdString = TEXT(getglobal("EMOTE"..i.."_CMD"..j));
		end
	end

-- Unrecognized chat command, show simple help text
	local info = ChatTypeInfo["SYSTEM"];
	editBox.chatFrame:AddMessage(TEXT(HELP_TEXT_SIMPLE), info.r, info.g, info.b, info.id);
	return;
end

It's mainly just the original function copy-pasted, but I added the hiddenCommands-table and the "if not hiddenCommands[command] then" conditional check before "editBox:AddHistoryLine(text);".

You can just copy-paste this code and either add it to an existing AddOn or create a new AddOn yourself, or you can use the attached AddOn. I did very little testing, but it's a pretty simple thing and seemed to work just fine.

You can add any other commands (some use /c for /cast) to the table at the start, but note that they need to be in caps.

PS. Technically it's considered bad practice to replace default functions like this, but it's not a huge problem in vanilla, since you can't taint functions. The worst that could happen is that some other AddOn overwrites the already overwritten function and breaks the fix, but I doubt that any other AddOn would overwrite this specific function, unless it was doing the exact same thing.

Edit: I noticed that there was a print function used for debugging left in the code. That's now removed.

HideCast.zip

Edited by Taliaivo
Debugging line was left in the code. Spoilered the code to make it take less space.

On 4/27/2017 at 6:22 AM, Soyoen said:

I have done an extensive report about the entire pre-area which I've submitted in closed channels.

I'm not sure if it's the pre-area that's relevant to this or not but it seems like Gnomer in general is lighter on trash mobs in the corridors than it was in retail, and almost no grime encrusted objects were dropping to clean in the machines in mangos servers.  It might be my memory that's wrong, but I thought everyone ended up with a bunch in their bags that they generally cleaned and vendored off, though one starts that ring quest.

On Mangos you cant leave Battleground with /afk when you are in combat. I dont actually know if this is supposed to be like that. Just mentioning.

A major quality improvement would be LoS imo. But alas its not blizzlike. Which is about the only thing that sincerely upsets me.

Plus i'm sure its a conspiracy among undead mages to enforce this feature... :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Marbo said:

Plus i'm sure its a conspiracy among undead mages to enforce this feature... :ph34r:

? :)

About engeneering bomb:

https://youtu.be/NQL9EUdC0UI?t=33s

On mangos you have to stay first before you can click on the bomb, in the vvideo you can see he can do it while walking. Note im not talking about throwing the bomb.

Incase this is fixed on mangos, then fine, not using engneering for a long time.

Posted (edited)

On 2017-5-6 at 8:52 PM, Soyoen said:

? :)

God the skill level of some of those enemies is cringe worthy... Like that t3 hunter literally walking in circles... Or putting serpent sting instead of viper sting.

Edited by MadeByRockets