Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knetik

Player Organized Events

One thing that really helps drive that Vanilla community is uniting a server together. Back in Vanilla, a server felt like a family; and though we may not have rival servers as in the past, I believe we can still have the unity amongst us all. This is the MAIN reason a lot of us refuse to play retail other than the gameplay changes. Community drives a TRUE MMO.

In that respect, having server wide events can help drive this concept. Too often, we as players get wrapped up into doing stuff only with our guilds, isolating ourselves from the rest of the community. This could be simply because of awful pugs, time commitments, timidness, you name it.

My inquiry is this:

What server events would YOU like to see come to Crestfall - Kul Tiras as a player?

For those that have the time and resources, what events would you like to start here?

Remember these do not need to be just dungeons and raids. Be creative! Vanilla WoW is open. We didn't rely on Blizzard to add mini-games or things to do; we created this ourselves! Maybe you want to start the classic gnome race. Maybe a scavenger hunt is more your thing. For all of our PvP enthusiasts, lets see some 3v3 or 5v5 tournaments pop up! The sky's the limit folks! 

LET'S MAKE VANILLA GREAT AGAIN!

Edited by Knetik

Back in the days , all the events taking place in the Gurubashi arena where just amazing..

I would love to start (or simply take part in) a gambling event. I've put absolutely no thought into how such a thing would work but the base idea is there. 

The thing that would make this an "event" rather than just some players spamming /roll and then maybe giving the winner the promised gold/item(s) is that there would be some kind of "middleman" that handles the bets. The solution is also the problem, though. I'm trying to figure out a way, something more practical than mere "trust", to have worthy people handling this stuff. People that you'd give your gold and items to knowing that they would end up where they belong. But how? It needs some thought. Of course, if such a person was chosen and then that person decided to steal the gold of two or more betting parties then he/she would likely see a significant drop in his/her overall reputation in the realm. 

That's pretty much the only thing on my mind right now. If I let myself get a little more creative I might come up with something else. Honestly, I doubt of all people can make something like this work but it might be worth a try. Not like that WPVP guild thing of mine is any more likely to take off. Blind ambition is where it's at.

I am considering working to put together an Olympics style competition. We would have various events and each guild can bring separate teams for each event (ie. 3v3 pvp, 5v5 pvp, dungeon speed runs, MC speed runs, tauren darts, swim races, cross country, etc.)

We could have it going every few months or so. Each guild would have to toss in a entry fee per event to help with prize money.

I think it would be kind of neat to see guilds recruiting for something other than wpvp and raiding. We could have top guilds recruiting specific teams for different events for the Kul Tiras Olympics.

One issue could be the PvP aspect of the realm causing issues, however, if the event got large enough we could higher "bouncers" to take care of this, and the community could police itself.

Maybe we could even incorporate "assassinations" into the events to just play around it. 

All of this is brainstorming atm, but the idea is something I have thought about for a while. Even if someone else wanted to steal the idea, I wouldn't mind. The whole idea is bringing the community together.

I giant hide and seek game that spans across all of Azeroth on a scheduled day and time. One person can take the lead, on each faction, and provide a list of clues to all participants on the forums or in a Discord. Whoever finds the individual first will win a weekly prize (gold, items, consumables, etc..). 

This could be a great opportunity for working together as a team or finding random world PvP moments with the opposing faction since both sides will be looking all over Azeroth.

I'm sure something similar has been done in the past, but I have never been a part of an event like this.

I used to do Warcraft trivia/lore (person who got the question right could change the next question topic to T.V show trivia, movie trivia, music trivia) in major cities on Burning Blade waayy back in the day with simple gold prizes and BOE epic grand prizes (T1 bracers/Belts, staff of jordan, blackskull shield, bow of searing arrows, etc) If I get a pretty good setup going I'd prolly do it again. People would get pretty blood thirsty and I'd usually tell lowbies in general chat outside UC/ORG to go to the city for a chance at some easy starter gold.

I always teased the notion of doing like a family feud on top of a bank for some of the winners. But my guild didn't want to shell out the $$ to really endorse it. When the Mechano-hog came out in WOTLK I thought about doing a cash cab type deal but never got around to it lol.

5 hours ago, Purplefilth said:

I used to do Warcraft trivia/lore (person who got the question right could change the next question topic to T.V show trivia, movie trivia, music trivia) in major cities on Burning Blade waayy back in the day with simple gold prizes and BOE epic grand prizes (T1 bracers/Belts, staff of jordan, blackskull shield, bow of searing arrows, etc) If I get a pretty good setup going I'd prolly do it again. People would get pretty blood thirsty and I'd usually tell lowbies in general chat outside UC/ORG to go to the city for a chance at some easy starter gold.

I always teased the notion of doing like a family feud on top of a bank for some of the winners. But my guild didn't want to shell out the $$ to really endorse it. When the Mechano-hog came out in WOTLK I thought about doing a cash cab type deal but never got around to it lol.

The Family Feud idea sounds really neat. Could use fireworks or something for buzzers and whatnot lol.

Can I make a suggestion? Don't ruin the game. All this crap that is copied from IRL to the game irks me deeply. Like Winter veil, Summer festival, Halloween and so on. Either invent something original or don't do it at all. This is fiction, not rl copy with orcs.

14 minutes ago, Joyman said:

Can I make a suggestion? Don't ruin the game. All this crap that is copied from IRL to the game irks me deeply. Like Winter veil, Summer festival, Halloween and so on. Either invent something original or don't do it at all. This is fiction, not rl copy with orcs.

I'd tell you that simply because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's a bad thing, however, I know that you are indeed a sensible individual so I'll trust in your ability to figure that out.

I kinda understand your issue with the holiday events (even though I like how they're re-worked to fit into the world a bit more and generally enjoy the idea behind them) but I don't see how a gambling ring or a game of hide and seek could be a problem. 

Not everything has to be original. Innovation doesn't guarantee quality and reuse doesn't guarantee a lack of quality.

Not to mention that among other things the concept of a kingdom led by a king and multiple tribes led by a single war chief isn't exactly exclusive to WoW or even fiction in general. Just sayin.

3 hours ago, Joyman said:

I can see where you are coming from, but I don't necessarily entirely agree. It depends to what degree you are extending this idea.

The great thing about events, you can not show up to them. If you hate them all the more, go disrupt them with old fashioned world pvp. With things like the holiday events in retail, they were forced on us everywhere through ingame changes. These events are just community meet ups to get creative and have fun.

Election events with debates taking place in capital cities and voting through polls, for the keks.

"We need to build a wall around Redridge, and the horde is going to pay for it"

Me, personally, you will see me doing guild events constantly. Guild meetings, Town invasions etc. As for public events, we'll see what I can do there.

I have many many more things to say on this topic but im lazy atm. But yes, vanilla has its thing. Its perfect for community things. Im eager to get crestfall started, and im eager to make people wanna login to participate in various events instead of just grinding

Must admit, I'm another one who hates the events they added to wow. Community events is one thing, but I really hated the way they imported real world holidays.

Would like to see kind of a treasure hunt with puzzles, , mysteries, riddles, enigmas etc..  looking for hints and clues, till u reach the treasure.

I played on one Cata server a few years ago (R.I.P.) and the GMs would hide and give the clues in-game as Server Announcements. The first few people to find them would get some small prizes from the shop (a pet for the winner and effects like the flowery footprints for the rest). I know there were no TCG etc. items in Vanilla, so the prizes would have to be different. And I also realise it's not decided yet whether CF will have a shop at all. But similar ideas, even organised by players, are cool.

Edited the title as some people are getting the wrong idea. This isn't for the Crestfall team to implement. These are events that we as PLAYERS will organize. 

Edited by Knetik

When the server launches and everyone is around level 20-30; I propose a raid on The Barrens or another zone. Mmmmm, the possibilities! 

On 10/14/2016 at 1:48 PM, Simonich said:

Election events with debates taking place in capital cities and voting through polls, for the keks.

"We need to build a wall around Redridge, and the horde is going to pay for it"

Elections and debates? I'm game.  *ahem*

We do need a wall around Redridge, and the horde is going to pay for it, believe me. It will be a beautiful wall, the best wall, believe me. And the Horde are paying, believe me. I will build the wall, believe me.

However, we need common sense comprehensive common sense policies from outsiders and not establishment common sense outsider establishment for all citizens!

I propose we end divisiveness by tearing down the Gilnean Wall to promote unity.

I am staunchly against building the Redridge Wall my opponent wants, and always have been, because he is my opponent and is wrong about everything. The wall is a bad idea and I never supported it.

However, I would like to reinforce the Gilnean Wall for the safety of establishment common sense legislation outsider citizens.

Am I doing it right?

When I had my P.Server I started a tournament inviting everyone in the server to Join (around 100 people). It was a 1v1 championship with a modified Dire Maul Arena with few little wall to hide and obvs the door was closed so the only way to enter wad to jump down.

It lasts 4 hours but it was super fun, everyone was happy about it and it was something Epic I'll never forget. I gave golds and an epic item to the winner, however being an Admin it was a quite easy thing to do.

But hey, a tournament organized by players? I'm totally in!

I also did a trasure hunt in that server using 7 special vendors hided around azeroth with just a single tip to find them (for example one vendor was on top of dark portal). Each vendor sold an unique quest item, with all the 7 items you were able to complete the quest and get a reward (I don't remember what I chose). 

It was very funny to see the player base going in every single corner of azeroth in order to find a vendor and watching them cooperate was the main goal of the trasure hunt. This event did create a strong community and I still talk with lot of them because of this.

However both of this events will classified the server as funserver so I know that they are not going to happen. A tournament by Players could be possible but I'm pretty sure that a treasure hunt won't be possible without admin control. Anyway it's an interesting thread, you had a great idea!

Player organized stuff can be a lot of fun, I mean, who doesn't want to see a bunch of level 1 naked gnomes walk into org and try to reach Thrall? Good stuff.

I like how the guy wants to create events. How I am reading this its him asking us to do everything because he has his hands full with his guild that doesn't have members. So lets talk without Knetic's input. We should not have someone who cant even get 10 people to join his guild to try to join his events. Just my 2 cents

Edited by Djlovedrop

On 11/18/2016 at 8:02 AM, Djlovedrop said:

I like how the guy wants to create events. How I am reading this its him asking us to do everything because he has his hands full with his guild that doesn't have members. So lets talk without Knetic's input. We should not have someone who cant even get 10 people to join his guild to try to join his events. Just my 2 cents

Any reason you are following me around and posting stuff like this?  

I simply made a post to see what kind of community events THIS community has a desire for. I have run different races, minigames, scavenger hunts, and raffles on servers and participated in many as well. A lot of people found these events fun and a nice break from dungeons/raiding/pvp. Nowhere did I ask people to do all the work. If you read through the OP and thread I had my own ideas to bring to the table.

Nowhere, in any thread, did I say the guild is keeping me too busy to do anything. Currently I have had our guild recruitment closed for weeks now while revamping our website and forums before launching recruitment. I had no desire to stack members before even closed beta was released. 

From what this sounds like is that I somehow offended you on some other server and you have been following me around here and on reddit. So, just say what you want to say in a PM and we can settle it. Thanks.

On 14. 10. 2016 at 2:19 PM, Joyman said:

Man, you must hate auction houses. And banks. And mounts. And mailboxes. And swords. And clothes. And bears. And goggles. And guns. And pets. And drinking and eating food. And spiders. And screwdrivers. And explosives. And trees. And boats. And rings. And humans. And lava. And...

You might be ok with let's saaaay ogres though. Those are kinda hard to find in real life.

@Knetik As for the point of this topic, my dream is an Azeroth-wide race. From Light's Hope to Booty Bay (or the other way around, and Light's hope can be subbed with Stratholme).
Kalimdor version of that can be Cenarion Hold (or Gadgetzan)-Everlook.

Not sure how it'd work though, lvl 60s have class imbalance when it comes to speed boosts, and lvl 1s tend to die immediately and to everything.

Hide & seek and treasure hunts are timeless classic. As for lore trivia, bring it on!

On 13. 10. 2016 at 4:52 PM, Knetik said:

Maybe we could even incorporate "assassinations" into the events to just play around it. 

If someone really pisses you off, declare a bounty on their head. Screenshot of combat log with timestamp and the dead body as a proof.

Btw, if you get me Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal, I'm so in your guild :P.

Edited by Xaverius