Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kuyubasi

Leveling Duo

Hi,

First of all, I would like to give info about myself.

I have started wow begining of tbc. Until Nost closure, I have no any idea about private servers. After that I tried some servers but, stability issues and some bugs destroyed my whole enjoyment. I am really happy to be here. Finally I hope that I can invest this server.

I could not find any guide or info about leveling duo. I have not leveled duo before.  All Suggestions like proffesions, talents, questing,pros and cons, etc.. are appreciated.

I am planning to play as a horde with my friend. I will pick rogue and he will pick druid( he likes to play healer).

I love pvp. I also plan this talent tree  http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fGeooxzZhfZq0esc0o

Thanks

Edited by kuyubasi
Horde is added

Pretty bad spec for leveling. The only way it would be decent, and still be inferior to other leveling specs, is if your partner takes aggro at all times.

The best leveling spec a Rogue has is deep combat with swords. Even if you like to PvP you can take some helpful talents along the way. You don't have much to worry because nearly nobody is going to level with an optimal PvP spec. Those that do go for a PvP spec miss out on experience (and in turn levels) because they're leveling slower than they otherwise would in an appropriate spec.

Save yourself the trouble and go Combat. As a Rogue you will still be able to kill nearly everything anyway.

will you be playing horde or alliance?

if i was you i would try to convince my friend to roll a diff healer class, rogues and druids wear the same gear. regardless if he is leveling resto, and only looking for int gear; he will defenitely want a str/agi/stam set for questing/grinding etc. paladins with might, shaman totems or priest shields (you played tbc so you know how strong PRM is) would probably be a better combo for a rogue. that being said if he likes the druid it he should def play it, but dont get salty when he rolls need and wins defias chestpiece or leggings of the fang. i guarantee you any druid worth their salt will try to maintain 2 up to date sets for healing/casting and dps/tanking.

Edited by Xadas

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend him slotting Druid, unless both of you are deadset on the classes you want. A Paladin or Shaman makes far more sense if you want to go around hunting enemy players. Shaman does use the same gear at first, but 40+ he will switch to mail. Also, you'd probably like the things these classes get. Paladin has BoE/Cleanse/plate/DS and Judgement Of Light (heals you for hitting the mob, incredible with dual wield). Shaman mainly adds Windfury/Purge/ranged control. Druid doesn't get anything impressive. Either of those will be far more useful to PvP than a Druid. The main benefits of healing Druids are easy raid slots (because almost no one plays the class) and Innervate. I don't think you care about either of these.

As for the build, you linked a variant of 21/x/21 (aka CB+Prep), which is common at 60 (Every PvP Rogue has this), but not logical to build into as you level. Cold Blood is something you'd respec to at 60, not level towards. Too many points are needed to get with Prep in lower levels, and it is junk without Prep. You also have questionable choices, such as Ghostly Strike with a dagger instead of Hemo. Ghostly Strike is not ideal with a dagger. It's meant as a secondary strike for big weapons, aka Combat Rogues who slot 11 Sub. If you do want both in 1 build... then why didn't you just put 2 points into Imp SS as well? But if you just slot Hemo, then you could basically stay dagger permanently, and dump those others. 1 point that's always useful makes more sense than 2-3 points that aren't. If it's the dodge you wanted, then I question why you took Imp Gouge over the reflexes. Imp Gouge btw, along with Imp Kick, are among the most worthless talents this class has. Both were in need of buffs, which never occurred in Classic, or even BC. These are talents no one uses except maybe dedicated R14 Rogues who want to max CC vs players. But with Prep... it's kind of unnecessary.

Would recommend put the 5 points into precision, although if you want the best leveling youll need to take Weapon Expertise and a weapon skill when it becomes available. You will struggle to land hits otherwise on mobs. Trying to level Daggers will gimp you beyond belief, as you will likely spend most of your time face tanking.

Hemo at level 40 is a perfectly acceptable leveling spec, its not quite as quick as combat. But its still functional and makes you much more flexible for world Pvp.

I'd recommend you spec (You get very potent at level 40 with Hemo)

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fhxboxZG0VZVMe0chRo

Go Comabt for Precision first, then go subtly and cap out with assassination talents.

good thing about druid + rogue is the stealth element, you and your friend will have a blast doing pvp in general, being world pvp or battlegrounds, in case you're thinking about playing in the pvp server not the pve one.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow
typo cus im a retard

like i said, he should play what he wants. druids are a great class. but he is only gimping himself by not rolling on feral gear. under-utilizing your class in 2016 doesn't receive a lot of praise from the community. i wish you both the best in your endeavors!

If he just wants to heal, literally any other choice is better than Druid.

3 hours ago, Drain said:

If he just wants to heal, literally any other choice is better than Druid.

Alternatively, because Druids are acknowledged as the weakest healer and are always the least played class in Vanilla, they're a solid choice because you won't have trouble finding a raid spot and very little competition for gear.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 2:23 AM, Drain said:

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend him slotting Druid, unless both of you are deadset on the classes you want. A Paladin or Shaman makes far more sense if you want to go around hunting enemy players. Shaman does use the same gear at first, but 40+ he will switch to mail. Also, you'd probably like the things these classes get. Paladin has BoE/Cleanse/plate/DS and Judgement Of Light (heals you for hitting the mob, incredible with dual wield). Shaman mainly adds Windfury/Purge/ranged control. Druid doesn't get anything impressive. Either of those will be far more useful to PvP than a Druid. The main benefits of healing Druids are easy raid slots (because almost no one plays the class) and Innervate. I don't think you care about either of these.

As for the build, you linked a variant of 21/x/21 (aka CB+Prep), which is common at 60 (Every PvP Rogue has this), but not logical to build into as you level. Cold Blood is something you'd respec to at 60, not level towards. Too many points are needed to get with Prep in lower levels, and it is junk without Prep. You also have questionable choices, such as Ghostly Strike with a dagger instead of Hemo. Ghostly Strike is not ideal with a dagger. It's meant as a secondary strike for big weapons, aka Combat Rogues who slot 11 Sub. If you do want both in 1 build... then why didn't you just put 2 points into Imp SS as well? But if you just slot Hemo, then you could basically stay dagger permanently, and dump those others. 1 point that's always useful makes more sense than 2-3 points that aren't. If it's the dodge you wanted, then I question why you took Imp Gouge over the reflexes. Imp Gouge btw, along with Imp Kick, are among the most worthless talents this class has. Both were in need of buffs, which never occurred in Classic, or even BC. These are talents no one uses except maybe dedicated R14 Rogues who want to max CC vs players. But with Prep... it's kind of unnecessary.

Imp. Gouge is actually very useful while questing. Allows you to gouge a mob and loot a 5 second quest object without getting interrupted :P

Not what I'd call a great use of talent points when you already have Sap and Blind.

6 hours ago, Adelinemdr said:

Imp. Gouge is actually very useful while questing. Allows you to gouge a mob and loot a 5 second quest object without getting interrupted :P

It also allows for more bandage ticks :)

Imp Gouge is a must if you are a solo dagger leveler and for bandages like stated above, I'll get to that in a sec.  However, for having a leveling duo, not so much.  His partner will break it and because he will have a partner he will get more backstabs off.

Druid is regarded as a "weak" healer because they are take a lot of skill/timing due to longer cast times.

Here is my Alt Druid from Nost (note I don't have 3/8 T2, nor Dark Moon Card or Jindo Hexer for these fights as I got them after the raid):  Overhealer  

Here is my last MC Rag kill: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverview.aspx?Raid=37426&Fight=11 I am #3 in Raw heals, But look at my Efficient Heal -#1 and more importantly my Overheals.  Only 2.8K overhealing compared to the pallies trying to heal snipe everybody. (was raid leading so a few other fights may show lower)

Here is my last ZG run: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=37723  I am #1 healer, yet the Priest has 5/8 T2 and Rejuv gem, the Pally has better gear than me too.

Here is my last Onxyia with guild: http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=37319 I only get beating by another druid who was pretty much BiS.  And I beat one of the top pallies on the server.  (keep in mind I only raided on this toon for 2 weeks.)  And still am good about not overhealing even with the slow cast time.

A lot of druid healers are making the class look bad.

Back to this leveling thing.  It makes no sense to me when people say "this is what I will level with: and link a level 60 talent tree".   Okay.... what did you take first.  And then? What are your early important items.  You should give stages to your talent allocation and explain why it is good:  I'll note that with you are in a duo, pure Combat Swords is viable, but IMO not as fun.  Solo wise this dagger leveling spec is really fun once you get the hang of it and will make you a freakn' pro at PVP if you take my hints at the bottom about energy watching.

I'm taking this from my Kronos Post from before their Server Opened

For leveling, main hand dagger is the way to go. Since you will not see crit gear til mara ring. 

Lvl 20: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMoZGc

Lvl 30: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMxZGcVZo

Lvl 40: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMxZGcVZi0ho

Lvl 50: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMxZGcVb0oZi0usc

Lvl 60: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fMe00hZGcVb0xZi0usc

This finishes with best farming spec and least gear dependent. Imp sap is added to allow this to be great for 5 mans while you gear. I personally take imp sap much earlier as it helps a lot in questing, but my guide has more damage earlier because for people, damage is more appealing.

On Vanilla retail I leveled combat because I thought I wouldn't be able to backstab at all. Man was I wrong. Just leveled my rogue on another server learned the value of energy watch add-on. 

Open ambush, slice n dice right after. Then use ghostly strike, in this order, they will expire at the same time, gouge, - bandage if needed, back stab. Wait till right before your energy tick when you have 35+ energy and Kidney shot, backstab. It should be dead. If not slice n dice again, wait til 55 energy, gouge, right before it wares off, back stab eviscerate. 

There are mobs that have very low armor in Vanilla. With this spec you can 2 shot them with ambush, kidney then back stab. Keep relentless going so you have over a 90% plus crit chance with ambush, regardless of gear.

Tip, casters while casting a spell, if you circle around them while they cast you can get a backstab off. Course make sure you will have energy for kick or kidney shot after. 

To make this spec best you need CC watch and energy watch add-on. Timing is everything with your energy ticks. You will learn how much energy is needed to save before you can gouge and watch your energy ticks.

Same with your opener, i ambush at 100 energy right before the next tick, so ambush is 60 but as soon as i hit it, i got 20 back, so i open with 60 energy left. Wait one more energy tick and gouge, (before you have ghostly) backstab right before cc ends, kidney shot with 45 or more energy right before next tick. This will allow enough time to get back stab before kidney runs out. This takes patience because you are not attacking all the time and ALWAYS energy watching, but is fun, effective and your cooldowns are available every 3rd fight.

Edited by Undertanker

7 hours ago, Undertanker said:

ambush, kidney then back stab.

Your mileage may vary, but on many private servers, you can stand inside the mob's hitbox while still being in front of them, and strafe left / right while spamming backstab. If you can do this, there's no need to waste energy or cp using gouge and kidney to be able to backstab. The rest of your post is spot-on though, especially with timing your energy ticks with Ambush.