Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lilaina

So what's so special about PvE Realms?

91 posts in this topic

I haven't decided where I will be rolling myself yet but I've seen lots of hyping up of the PvE server. Are people simply sick of getting ganked at STV or is there some other reason that makes people think PvE is better? If so, please do share since I don't want to regret my choice of realm later on :)

Edited by Lilaina

For me I always loved PvP, I thought world PvP was the best! And I was never going to roll on a PvE server. But when Nost PvE launched, I realized that I wanted to see what it was like to start on a fresh server, and to my surprise I did not miss the PvP aspect.

The way I like to lvl is that I dont fight everyone I see, even on PvP servers I tend to do /wave and other emotes to look as friendly as possible to the other faction and not get ganked. On the PvE server I just levled as normal with out the fair of getting jumped when I was low on HP. 

When I 60 I just got to farm gold in peace and I also got to do BGs when I wanted to PvP, we also didnt have to worry about getting ganked and loosing buffs pre raids. The only time I missed PvP was when we were fighting world bosses.... Fighting world bosses is such a bitch on PvE servers, but maybe we can force PvP for lvl 60s in those zones @Darkrasp?

1 hour ago, Zunnie said:

Fighting world bosses is such a bitch on PvE servers, but maybe we can force PvP for lvl 60s in those zones

It might be technically possible to turn Tainted Scar, Seradane, etc. into FFA-PVP zones like the Stranglethorn/Dire Maul Arenas.  Pretty major change though and not something I'd think most PvE players would want.

Personally, I prefer to choose when and how I experience the different aspects of the game. I like battlegrounds and will happily engage in larger world PvP battles/city raids (and they do happen on PvE servers too, occasionally), but my play time is very limited. If I have an hour to quest and level, then I want to spend that hour questing and leveling uninterrupted. As simple as that :)

7 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

It might be technically possible to turn Tainted Scar, Seradane, etc. into FFA-PVP zones like the Stranglethorn/Dire Maul Arenas.  Pretty major change though and not something I'd think most PvE players would want.

tbh, maybe toggle pvp when u attack a world boss, this would make the fights not last 2 days :P because lets be honest, this is the only major downside to PvE and makes me just not interested in world bosses (maybe a 200 yards aura that toggles pvp if even possible (or make the subzone pvp))

14 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

If its not to big of a coding problem I do actually think most people would want Tainted Scar turned into a PVP Zone... Its not somewhere you normally go, and not having PvP when fighting Kazzak is completely aids. Because of people running in and dying its perfectly possible for 2-3 people to block an entire raid from downing him. If we have PvP enabled it would at the very least be possible to stop this from happening...

I also dont think anyone on PvE servers enjoy the "tag off" we have when fighting the other world bosses, or what do you think @Elicas? I have a feeling you are more in touch with the PvE community then most. 

@Zunnie i totaly agree, we cannot speak for the whole population of the pve server but this is a more than valid idea in my opinion and deserves some attention/poll

I rolled my first char on a PvE realm at a request of a few friends who were allready playing there.  And I have never regretted that.  You can quest, grind or anything else in peace,  without the risk of getting ganked by rogue's who have nothing better to do. 

Another friend of mine rolled on a PvP realm back then and the only thing he complained about was getting corpse camped by high levels. Just a simple quest would take up to a hour or so. 

With that information I knew I made the right decision.  My time is limited now, so when I am able to play,  I want to do stuff besides corpse running.

Just to be able to choose weither you want to PvP or not I value greatly ☺️

I enjoy PVE servers the most. Corpse running is very time consuming on vanilla and removes the fun of the game for me; keeping in mind that there are less graveyards than in the expansions and ghost speed is normal speed.

I'm fine with the already FFA-PvP areas in the game...please don't add more -.-

On that note, pretty much what WingziuM and Yavannie said - I've got less time to play now a days and I don't need some assmunch breathing down my neck and ruining my questing. If I want PvP, I'll flag myself or do a BG, thank you very much. 

7 hours ago, Lilaina said:

I've seen lots of hyping up of the PvE server.

lol where? There was a thread about a week ago where PvP and PvE players were kinda, ahem, having a disagreement simply because of game play preferences. So up to you where you want to roll.

6 hours ago, Zunnie said:

Its not somewhere you normally go, and not having PvP when fighting Kazzak is completely aids. Because of people running in and dying its perfectly possible for 2-3 people to block an entire raid from downing him. If we have PvP enabled it would at the very least be possible to stop this from happening...

On Live, I remember when Blizzard implemented rules against griefing on a PvE server because of this. All we need is fraps or streaming and some friendly GMs...

I wouldn't mind seeing a world PvP tag at world bosses. I also wouldn't mind seeing GM's there account banning people who are same-faction griefing. I've no issues with cross-faction griefing.

The reason PvE servers are special is because it's where we play, and PvE players are the best community ever.

;)

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

PvE players are the best community ever.

Yup.

I like World PvP and all, or rather I should say I like the idea of World PvP. Having to be prepared, going into a dangerous area, speccing into a PvP build, makes it feel more exciting until you remember you're just going to get jumped while fighting a mob. Not worth the stress.

PVE is just more relaxing and fun, since half of the fun of WoW comes from being in a good guild and among good company.

Edited by Malediction

The PvE realm as stated will be much smaller than the PvP realm and that has its own ups and downs.

The positives I enjoy are peaceful leveling, less flooded and by extension less inflated auction house/economy and by far for me is that it's easier to make a name for yourself/the community feels more tight knit.

You either enjoy open world pvp and go looking for it (in which case time spent ganking or getting ganked is not wasted for you) or you don't.

If you don't or are just "meh" about it, PvP engagements that are out of your control are just downtime.

Random downtime that is out of your control is a problem for people with time constraints.

Sure vanilla is by definition a grindy game with slowed down progression (compared to later WoW versions) but there's a still a big enough spectrum of activity that being able to quest in peace, farm for your professions in peace, travel by the main roads, and have your raids start on time makes for a big enough difference between "I'm able to get things I want done on my timetable" and "perpetually catching up".

I've also - anecdotally - found PvE servers to have on average a larger percentage of older people / adults, ladies, and slowpoke "stop to smell the roses" kind of guys.

Which all makes sense because the time you would spend running, hiding or chasing (especially if you don't get an adrenaline kick out of those things) can be spent otherwise.

Edited by Roadblock

11 hours ago, Elicas said:

PvE players are the best community ever.

Pretty much this.

No offense to PvP guys, of course there are great people among them, but from my experience the community of a PvE realm in general is far less toxic then PvP ones.

I will most likely roll on the PVE realm myself,  for the reasons already stated in this thread. The only downside with PVE (that people keep saying dont matter but I still think they do for battlegrounds and some RP reasons) is that the faction balance is always skewed. Alliance always seem to dominate PvE servers sadly, at least on PvP there will be a much better balance.

The FFA pvp tag on world bosses should really be considered to be implemented. In their subszone or if you tag them you enter PvP or something. This wont affect the PVE crowd in the slightest, only those who are around the area of a world boss (probably to raid it) and then gets greifed.

The best thing about TBC on a PVE server I thought was the world objectives, where you would enter PvP if you did the activity. At least then it was a choice. For the TBC exapc I will def roll on the PVE server, also because faction balance prob be alot better then because horde gets loads of players due to Belfs and Seal of Blood sweetness.

It's all about time management at this point in my life. The less time I spend corpse running/being camped, the more time I have to level/farm mats and reach a set goal. If I want to PvP I'll just flag myself, but most likely won't happen unless it's a big group out doing some WPvP for some fun.

Are there any reasonable arguments against PvP flagging at world bosses? As far as I can see in this thread, also strong arguments has been made in favor of it. Avoid greifing and whatnot that is common on PVE world bosses.

I have the choice of getting myself ganked and camped if I want by flagging. 

I don't have that choice on a PvP server. 

I get to spend my time how I want, leveling or grinding. And if I wanna PvP I can join a BG

20 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

I have the choice of getting myself ganked and camped if I want by flagging. 

I don't have that choice on a PvP server. 

I get to spend my time how I want, leveling or grinding. And if I wanna PvP I can join a BG

I dont know if this was a reply to me or just general talk of why you choose PVE. But what some of us are suggesting are only subzones around worldbosses, to avoid certain issues. If you are around these parts, you are most likely in a big raid already so getting ganked shouldnt be an issue. If its possible, maybe they can implement it so you only get flagged when you hit the boss.

Still. If there are no real arguments against this. Perhaps we can get it to a poll? Then have @Darkrasp and the team really consider adding this. As a PVE player im all for it, as are many others it seem, with good arguments behind.

Edited by Sakritan

Many times I waved at an opposite faction player, just to be killed by them shortly after. This is my experience from PvP realms. I will roll on both realms here, I appreciate being given a choice whether I want to play in peace or get one shot by salty teens. 

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. It is time for sweet revenge on Alliance scum.

On 10/18/2016 at 5:06 PM, Sakritan said:

I dont know if this was a reply to me or just general talk of why you choose PVE. But what some of us are suggesting are only subzones around worldbosses, to avoid certain issues. If you are around these parts, you are most likely in a big raid already so getting ganked shouldnt be an issue. If its possible, maybe they can implement it so you only get flagged when you hit the boss.

Still. If there are no real arguments against this. Perhaps we can get it to a poll? Then have @Darkrasp and the team really consider adding this. As a PVE player im all for it, as are many others it seem, with good arguments behind.

I was just answering the title of the thread lol but I do agree that world boss zones should be flagged zones. That is a marquee aspect of vanilla wow and you can't just turn it into a tag-race.