Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lilaina

So what's so special about PvE Realms?

91 posts in this topic
13 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Correct. Seeing as there will only be young rams on your realm, it'll be interesting to see how you procreate. 

Zj3Chyi.gif

On 10/18/2016 at 11:28 AM, DeeMarie said:

This is PvE in a nutshell:

Us gnomes play this in ironforge and drink dwarf made beer.

Edited by Legacy

Weren't all the animals in Jurassic Park female, and some switched to male? So on an all male realm...

I love how people always say PvE realms are lacking part of the game like it was shipped one way and then later someone removed something. PvE realms were literally available on release. I could go the other way and say that PvP realms take away the part of the game where you can get on a bat, go make a cup of coffee and not be dead when you get back, or where you can grind runecloth by playing tag rather than playing boring-ass-ghost-run. But I won't. Because I don't care how other people enjoy their game.

I like playing how I like it and not beeing forced by other people. When I want to PvP I PvP, when I don't I don't. Might be carebeary or not, if I don't have to worry about T2 Rogues ganking me in STV I can live with being a carebear.

I swear you guys in this topic are as bad as the Alliance vs. Horde idiots.

On 1. 11. 2016 at 5:06 PM, Bluemoon said:

We'll gladly assist the PvE efforts in calling your followers home, Shepard. No room for sheep amongst us rams.

tumblr_m4v4dyWW3A1r9gp2go1_500.gif

Edited by Xaverius

World PVP is just ganking and grieving. Unless you want to be an asshole and deliberately waste the time of other players; it's pretty pointless. I also hope the FP NPCs respawn quickly here, unlike that Nost BS where they would be dead for a good god damn 15 minutes. 1 jackass could literally keep several locked down, because in the time it took the first to come back, he's done rode to the next town over, killed that one too, then come back. Or he can ride around the world all day, killing them as he goes, with each one being dead for 15m, wasting the time of half the people on the whole server trying to play.

That's a bit different. We'd do some similar on Live when attacking a city. We even had a shaman who would camp Westfall loooong before Nain did it 24/7 on Nostalrius. It's annoying but there's plenty of other zones to move to. It's a call for bored level 60s to go gank him so badly he can't even corpse res without insta-dying.

Ganking has its place. Ganking draws the attention of other high level players to assist, letting wpvp battles to ensue. Gotta give people a reason to fight.

13 hours ago, Drain said:

World PVP is just ganking and grieving. 

Ignorance is a choice. 

13 hours ago, Drain said:

Unless you want to be an asshole and deliberately waste the time of other players; it's pretty pointless.

Oh no... I KILLED the poor guy that rolled on the PVP realm when he could have rolled on the PVE one instead and ruined his life. If only they he anticipated something like this and rolled somewhere else instead... I guess I can't live with myself now. Also shame on me for having fun with something you don't like. Your way of playing is obviously the only right one.

Listen, I understand you're mad but please calm down. No need to call others assholes just because they play differently than you. Memory might not serve since you wouldn't be the only one but I'm pretty sure you've done this before. Just chill. I'm not even gonna ask you to have an open mind on the subject (as your current thinking on the matter is quite close minded), I'm just asking you to calm it and stop calling people names simply because they play the game differently than you. It doesn't even bother me because it'll "offend" someone, it just makes me cringe whenever I see someone getting so hateful over something in a video game. Even moreso when that thing is simply a prefference that differs from their own. 

27 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

Ignorance is a choice. 

Oh no... I KILLED the poor guy that rolled on the PVP realm when he could have rolled on the PVE one instead and ruined his life. If only they he anticipated something like this and rolled somewhere else instead... I guess I can't live with myself now. Also shame on me for having fun with something you don't like. Your way of playing is obviously the only right one.

Listen, I understand you're mad but please calm down. No need to call others assholes just because they play differently than you. Memory might not serve since you wouldn't be the only one but I'm pretty sure you've done this before. Just chill. I'm not even gonna ask you to have an open mind on the subject (as your current thinking on the matter is quite close minded), I'm just asking you to calm it and stop calling people names simply because they play the game differently than you. It doesn't even bother me because it'll "offend" someone, it just makes me cringe whenever I see someone getting so hateful over something in a video game. Even moreso when that thing is simply a prefference that differs from their own. 

This.

"Oh no... I KILLED the poor guy that rolled on the PVP realm when he could have rolled on the PVE one instead and ruined his life. If only they he anticipated something like this and rolled somewhere else instead... I guess I can't live with myself now. Also shame on me for having fun with something you don't like. Your way of playing is obviously the only right one."
-For you, ignorance is apparently not a choice. You also make plenty of ignorant assumptions I'm not going to bother commenting on. Here's the thing though; most private servers don't even give PVE as an option. You're one of those tards, who act like it's a choice when they defend PVP, when it almost never is in reality. Crestfall will be the first time in a LONG time where it actually is a choice. BTW, I posted in PVE, not PVP. You should take your own advice and go to the correct place. But instead you're attacking someone who is obviously already going to pick PVE, then telling them to play on it. If defending your own preference is what you're trying to do here, this isn't an effective way or place to do it. If anything, you're enforcing our decision, showing us that your lot, won't be on the same realm as us.

Edited by Drain

Strangely enough, when I've played on private servers I've never been ganked to oblivion as some people seem to be. I don't know if I played weird times or something on Nost, but the times I got ganked in Hillsbrad could be counted on half a hand, maybe a whole hand in STV. Emerald Dream felt way worse in my opinion and on the Nost forums it felt as though it was nothing but ganking. That said I'm going to roll on the PvP server however I think it is great that the private server scene now draws so many players that it is actually possible for one team to have enough players to populate both a PvP realm and a PvE realm and not make either of them feel like ghost towns. Might roll a druid on the PvE realm as well though, just because it could be fun (I'm an altoholic).

What others choose does not concern me, nor do I see any option as better than the other - the only reason I choose a PvP realm is because I played on a RP-PvP realm throughout my entire WoW history (well false, I started on Quel'thalas EU which was a PvE realm), so I'd miss the PvP (tried the Nost PvE server for a while, but just wasn't my cup of tea). Sadly RP-PvX realms will never be a reality though.

wPVP (before flying mounts were introduced) is the one thing that makes vanilla stand out from later iterations of WoW.

Just throwing that out there.

8 hours ago, Chalk said:

wPVP (before flying mounts were introduced) is the one thing that makes vanilla stand out from later iterations of WoW.

cool.

well i like world PvP. but when the server is overpopulated, its not fun at all. i just remember STV on Nost PvP in first month, trust me, there is no fun at all. i d go PvP server if the cap would be around 3-4k, but i think everything more than 5k in first months will look like corpsecamping/gankfest.

I can't wait to play on the PvE realm. I just want to ride around and enjoy the scenery, like the milksop I am.

On 11/5/2016 at 8:24 AM, Chalk said:

I'm not sure that's really a relevant argument, since this is a PTE project and the vast majority of people on these boards voted to go to WotLK or beyond. About ~5-6% was interested in staying in Vanilla forever. Considering that Vanilla and each expansion will be around for about ~18 months;

World PvP for the PvP server is particularly relevant for a third of your gametime if you stop at Wrath.
A quarter if you go to Cataclysm.
Less if you go beyond.

Add to that, the devs said they wouldn't be progressing to the next expansion with uncleared content, and want to keep things prenerf, there is a good chance TBC could stretch significantly longer with an uncleared SWP and ICC lasting a long time without the scaling ICC buff. On the other hand, Naxx is already at the pre nerf state once it releases, and has never taken too long to clear on previous servers. Devs were only looking at buffing MC/BWL here, not sweeping challenge increases across the board.

In short, choosing the PvP server for world pvp if you are hesitant between the two is only really relevant for a small period of time, after which the significance of your choice diminishes rapidly.

It's really peacful to level on pve realm, more enjoying, no need to turn around camera 360 degrees every 5seconds...and peaceful fishing as well...not to mention you can /afk anywhere in world (not close to creatures) without getting killed. Those who want pvp can still turn on pvp flag.. and some people do it actually.

Once upon a time, I rolled on PvP servers, and would never think of going on a PvE server.  Of course, this was many years ago, when I was young and full of nothing better to do.  Nowadays, with more limited time to play, I don't want to have to spend most of that time getting corpse camped.  I would still love to see all our wars between Tarren Mill and Southshore and will gladly join in, but leave me alone when I'm just trying to kill yetis.

Additionally, during the short time I spent on Nost PvE, I found the players to be generally a lot more cooperative, willing to work through instances despite a few deaths and more patient.  It seems to me PvP realms are just full of brash young lads, eager to show off their "1337 skillz" and not give a damn about anyone else. Not a pleasant environment.

I'm a poor holy priest. Skipping around STV would not end well for me lol. I have no desire to be a stealth class and only pick the battles I can win either.

I'll always enjoy PvE realms more. The open world is full of questing, dungeons, raids and lore. If I want to participate in pvp there's battlegrounds. I can have my cake and eat it too, do what I love on my time and not spend it corpse running. PvP realms are simply not fun for me. That doesn't mean I'm going to try and get them shut down or removed however.

I've always played on PVE realms and when you have non blizzlike populations like nost pvp servers are simply a waste of time. I enjoy actual PvP fighting other players of an equal level on a level playing field.