Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ike

CastModifier - TBC and above like Conditionals for /cast macros

47 posts in this topic

Ike. There is some improvement with the /target commands on your latest upload. Now when the conditonal fails, the target becomes untargeted

Step 1: target found, gets targeted

Step 2/target found dead, fails the [nodead] conditional, therefore gets untargeted.

But, what I had in mind was it wouldn't be targeted in the first place. I think that is how it works in retail, but I can't confirm that.

Do you think it is possible to do it like that?

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you were asking for, so please correct me if I don't.

Let's look at my last post where I explain how the targeting and evaluation works:

• Target the given unit by its name
  • Validate the conditionals
  • Return to your last target (because the Conditionals may fail)
  • Re-target the given unit if all the conditions are met 

I have to do it this way because of the way the Addon API works. I can only query information about units (NPCs and players) by a Unit Identifier. This identifier may be one of the following:

• player - The current player
  • pet - The current player's pet
  • partyN - The Nth party member(1, 2, 3 or 4)
  • partypetN - The pet of the Nth party member (1, 2, 3, or 4)
  • raidN - The Nth raid member (1, 2, 3, ..., 40)
  • raidpetN - The pet of the Nth raid member (1, 2, 3, ..., 40)
  • target - The currently targetted unit
  • mouseover - The unit which the mouse if currently hovering over

Since I have to work with these restrictions, I need the unit to be one of these Unit Ids in order to check certain conditions. The easiest and most reliable way is to target the unit first so that I can query its information by the 'target' identifier. It's only by then that I can check if the unit is dead, has a certain amount of hp and all the other things that are available in this Addon. Therefore, I have no way of doing this without switching your target a few times. This is also why rogues will lose their combo points when using this Addon and I'm afraid there is no way around it.

I hope this answers your question!

Yes, I understand. I also sent you some more macro related messages on your inbox. Please check.

See you.

Hey, I've been playing around with your addon and PfUI and I can't seem to get the mouseover functionality working on the unitframes, for reference the macro I was using.

/script if nil then CastSpellByName("Healing Wave"); end
/cast [@mouseover] Healing Wave(Rank 5);

Hey,

I wasn't notified that there was an answer in this thread, so I'd like to apologize for the long delay!

Regarding your problem: I just tried your macro in-game with the latest version of pfUI and the latest version of CastModifier and it works just fine for me. Could you provide me more information? For example, what part of the unit frames didn't work (raid frames, party frames, etc.)? Or what other addons do you use? Did you try without any other addons enabled besides pfUI and CastModifier? If not, can you turn them off one by one and tell me what addon caused the error?

I am wondering if the updated castmodifier addon works with pft UI. I looked at a post by the creator of that addon, and says its compatible, i just downloaded both addons(today as of 12/10), and only running those two and healcomm. But the mouseover heal macros are not responding. I looked in the extensions folder->Mouseover Folder, I see stuff like ct raid assist and discord and grid, but i dont see any mention of pft ui.

Thanks in advance

I'm unable to reproduce any errors with pfUI and CastModifer. It works just as intended as you can see in the video below (although I get Healcomm errors that aren't related to my Addon). The macro in the video used is the following:

/cast [@mouseover] Healing Touch

Could you please provide me more information regarding what macro you're trying to use and how?

Edited by Ike

Please mouse over your player frame, not raid frame. And mouse over heal. For some reason I can't get that to work. It is possible. I am not sure how to fix it with pfui though. Otherwise how do I heal myself if I'm not in group or raid with mouseover? Without using another button/macro for myself

Thanks for your time

Strange that I've missed that. It should be working now. Please re-download the Addon from the Github repository!

Hey ike, are the /target /cast macros working now?

You said, you know this and would look into it.

Small update!

• In addition to '/cast !Attack' you're now also able to use '/cast !Auto Shot'
  • I've added the chat command '/petattack' which has full Conditionals support!
  • Fixed a bug with pfUI where you couldn't mouseover cast using the player frame, the target frame, and the targettarget frame

2 hours ago, Salvia said:

Hey ike, are the /target /cast macros working now?

You said, you know this and would look into it.

The Addon works just fine. I've tried to reproduce your problem in many ways, but I never had an issue whatsoever (the issue I told you about was a typo on my end in one of the macros). Therefore I'd assume that you use some other Addon that interferes with this one. You should turn them all of and then one-by-one turn them on again after each successful cast attempt. This way it should be pretty easy to figure out what's going on.

Edited by Ike

Another update with some bugfixes!

• Fixed a bug that happened in conjunction with SuperMacro, where the entire Macro wouldn't be executed after the first line.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the wrong target to be re-targeted.

Make sure to re-download the Addon!

Mouseover on Grid seems not to work. It does work on people in the 3D world, in blizzard party frames but not on Grid.

Should be fixed now. Thanks for the report!

Posted (edited)

Hey, I've got an issue. I have this macro:

/target X

/cast !Tame Beast

/cast Dismiss Pet

when I use it it continues to recast Tame Beast instead of waiting for the channel to finish.

Edited by Steaktips

The "/cast Dismiss Pet" bit is causing the issue. It actually attempts to cast Dismiss Pet which cancels your currently channeled spell (Tame Beast in this instance).

Here's how I'd do this:

/target X
/cast [@pet help] Dismiss Pet; !Tame Beast

Cast Dismiss Pet if you have one and Tame Beast if you don't. Fully spam enabled!

Update!

• Implemented '/use' chat command with full support for all conditionals (wiki)!
  • Implemented '/equip' and '/equipoh' chat commands with full support for all conditionals (wiki)!

As always, make sure to re-download the Addon if you want to use the latest and greatest features!

Edited by Ike
typo

Another update!

• Implemented '/unshift' chat command will full conditionals support (wiki)!
  • Implemented new 'type:CreatureType' conditional (wiki)!
  • Fixed a parsing error that cut off the first character after a closing square bracket ']'. This allows you to remove white spaces between the conditional list (everything between '[' and ']') and the spell's name.
  • Fixed a parsing error that cut off the last value that was separated by a '/'. E.g. 'stance:1/2/4' will now also check for stance #4.

You can now create macros like these:

/unshift [stance:1/2/4]
/cast [stance:0] Cat Form; [nocombat nostealth] Prowl

This allows you to quickly leave any shapeshift form you're currently in, go into Cat Form and start Prowling. Line by line:

Unshift when you're in any shapeshift form other than Cat Form.

Cast Cat Form when you're not shapeshifted. When you are, however, and you're neither in combat or in stealth, cast Prowl.

/cast [@target type:Beast] Hibernate; Entangling Roots

You'll cast Hibernate if your current target is a Beast and Entangling Roots if it's not.

Please make sure to re-download the Addon as this update also contains bug fixes!

Yet another update!

• You're now able to combine multiple modifiers! Wiki
  • You can now invoke other Macros from another! Wiki
  • Added [no]cooldown Conditionals! Wiki
  • Added [no]channeled Conditionals! Wiki
  • Fixed a bug that caused /use to not use equipped items!
  • Fixed a bug that caused buff names not to be fully parsed!