Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old_Beardo

Clarification on itemization

35 posts in this topic

Alright cool. That's what I wanted to know.

I'm not trying to fish for OP cheese items I just want to make sure we are on the patch where there are actually items available to me that have spellpower on them before I roll a caster cause if we used too early a patch for itemization I would literally be doing tooltip damage with frostbolt until the artifically buffed MC tier.

Thanks for the responses all, good thread.

Edited by Old_Beardo

I'll clear this up, hopefully.  We are not going to do patch-by-patch progression here.  Instead, we are going to do a single Big Buff Event somewhere between the ZG launch and the AQ launch.  We haven't decided exactly when but that's roughly the timeframe.  Dire Maul will not be available at launch but will be released some time before BWL is.   The Honor System will launch 12 weeks prior to BWL, and Battlegrounds will launch roughly 8 weeks before BWL.  Raid tiers will be released roughly at 4 month intervals, depending on player progress.

- Dungeon items that were added to the game in 1.9, 1.10, or 1.11 (ie. Spellweaver's Turban) have been removed from boss drop tables.   They will be restored during the Big Buff Event.

- Certain items that got buffed in patches 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11 (ie. Banthok Sash) have had their stats rolled back to their release values, this mostly affects drops in BRD, BRS, Strath and Scholo.  These items will get buffed during the Big Buff Event.  Some exceptions to this include Spirit of Aquementas and Choker of Enlightment, whose original versions were utterly broken.  They will remain in their post-change state.

- Level 60 Blue PVP gear which was added in 1.11 will not be available for purchase when the Honor system is launched.  They will be added during the Big Buff Event.

- Epic PvP Armor has been reverted to it's original state.  It will be buffed during the Big Buff Event.

- The +wrath and +healing random suffixes have had their magnitudes reduced to pre-buff levels, roughly a 33% reduction across the board, except on Chests (values never changed), and Staves (values were only lower by mistake, per Blizzard).  We will not be buffing these back to the 1.12 values at any time.

- Certain vendor recipes not available at launch (usually Reputation based) have been removed from Vendors.  These will be restored mostly during the Big Buff Event with a few exceptions.

- We are not going to roll back quest reward items, though some quests will be disabled at launch.

- Tier Raid sets have not been rolled back, and will remain in their 1.12 states from launch onward.  Their old stats are simply too horrible to make collecting the items worthwhile.

We aren't rolling back anything that was changed in 1.4 or before.  It's just not worth the trouble.  Data is spotty going back that far, and I can't be bothered to put in the time and effort to research and code a whole bunch of changes which will only be active on the server for a month.

56 minutes ago, Kel said:

Talents aren't being touched correct?

They can't be touched without a client patch or tons of hackfixes, so no.

On 18. 10. 2016 at 5:08 AM, Darkrasp said:

- The +wrath and +healing random suffixes have had their magnitudes reduced to pre-buff levels, roughly a 33% reduction across the board, except on Chests (values never changed), and Staves (values were only lower by mistake, per Blizzard).  We will not be buffing these back to the 1.12 values at any time.

pls buf post Naxx

Or at least on TBC, come on :D. At some stage where it doesn't matter.

On 18. 10. 2016 at 5:08 AM, Darkrasp said:

though some quests will be disabled at launch

Hm, I either missed or forgot this. The obvious one being Silithus, but...Mudsprocket?

Edited by Xaverius

31 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

Hm, I either missed or forgot this. The obvious one being Silithus, but...Mudsprocket?

Mudsprocket was added in 2.3.

On 18/10/2016 at 1:57 AM, Zunnie said:

This was something that Nostalrius did wrong, instead of nerfing the spell power pre 1.4 they just completely removed it :)

This was something Nost did great and i loved em for it (proper gear/talent/content) progression is the best thing that can happen imo)

On 18/10/2016 at 1:59 AM, Sakritan said:

Cmon mate. This patch changed alot of things yes. But by that time, back in retail vanilla, all the people who played from 1.0-1.3 had to do it the "hard way", and they were already in raid gear by the time blizz changed this. And we will do so as well. Its not like MC and Ony where too hard or anything right? Its been done by most already and we know it like the back of our hand. In fact, not only will Crestfall make items pre-buffed, they will also tune those raids with little tweaks (not a flat hp% boost) to make them even more challanging, which is just awesome and well received by most of us! And the vast majority of the community voted for the greens to not only stay unbuffed, but to never be buffed ever.

I gotta ask though. Why would you want this post-buff crap? :/ I dont get it. And im not even a "hardcore" raider but rather casual raider playing odd specs so.

Exactly (+1) With correct patching tuning raids wouldnt be even so needed i guess or can be done to lesser extent. At least we ll have this..

On 18/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, Darkrasp said:

- Certain items that got buffed in patches 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11 (ie. Banthok Sash) have had their stats rolled back to their release values, this mostly affects drops in BRD, BRS, Strath and Scholo.  These items will get buffed during the Big Buff Event. 

And this..

On 18/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, Darkrasp said:

- Dungeon items that were added to the game in 1.9, 1.10, or 1.11 (ie. Spellweaver's Turban) have been removed from boss drop tables.   They will be restored during the Big Buff Event.

I just really hate 'all' 1.12 shit like this (ie. Spellweaver's Turban) on current private vanila servers from the beginning.

4 hours ago, Blackrobe said:

This was something Nost did great and i loved em for it (proper gear/talent/content) progression is the best thing that can happen imo)

Exactly (+1) With correct patching tuning raids wouldnt be even so needed i guess or can be done to lesser extent. At least we ll have this..

And this..

I just really hate 'all' 1.12 shit like this (ie. Spellweaver's Turban) on current private vanila servers from the beginning.

Nost did not have talent progression though, because thats not possible unless you make everyone download a modified client, and nost didnt do that. Nost even screwed up abit on the gear revert and alot of it was guessing and had some hiccups. I think one big itempatch that Crestfall is doing is just fine for vanilla. Pre-BWL and post-BWL state of things.

I also think that even if raids are scripted properly, I would love if they made some little tweaks to it, especially such tweaks that break some addons :D like timers etc. Would make it alot more unpredicable and challanging, especially MC, Ony and BWL should have this, and lets even make AQ a nightmare at the start! They can always tune it down later. And this is coming from a casual raider who loves the challenge too ^^

And lastly, I would've like if some items like Spellweaver's Turban was put off even longer that the big update at BWL, cause some stuff was added very late to the game, so if we had harder AQ that would be cool as well. But its not gamebreaking as long as its scripted and tweaked well

On 10/18/2016 at 5:08 AM, Darkrasp said:

- Level 60 Blue PVP gear which was added in 1.11 will not be available for purchase when the Honor system is launched.  They will be added during the Big Buff Event.

- Epic PvP Armor has been reverted to it's original state.  It will be buffed during the Big Buff Event.

Thank god