Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/17/2016

79 posts in this topic

I have no contributing comment except continue your excellent work and I'm looking forward to the next update! Hopefully the tooth-issue is resolved by then. 

10 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

When an idiot like me can get a raid instance largely completed in a single day, I have no worries about what an experienced code warrior can get do.

:D

Edited by Chickengrease

13 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Elemental Fire.  Passive aura, procs on every successful melee attack dealt.  Deals 2100-2500 fire damage and puts a debuff on that deals 600 fire damage per second for eight seconds.  There's some debate over whether the initial damage is dealt every time, or if it just refreshes the debuff.  The spell mechanics would seem to indicate that it deals the impact damage each time, we're looking into it.  He doesn't cast this at all on most private servers.

Wouldn't 2100-2500 damage on **every successful melee attack dealt** mean an almost instant and un-healable death for all melees? :)

Just now, Youfie said:

Wouldn't 2100-2500 damage on **every successful melee attack dealt** mean an almost instant and un-healable death for all melees? :)

it's done on rags melee attacks

1 minute ago, Mecher said:

What he said, it's from Ragnaros attacking (the tank) not players attacking him.

About the last one Darkrasp, what confuses me is that the range of the "crueler" spell somehow seems more in-line with what I remember (10y).

20y seems a bit rangey but it might be that we tried to spread so for example "no more than 2 players are hit" I know in my guild we tried to have people not evenly spread in singles but standing in pairs.

Maybe that was the reason.

23 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

- Melt Weapon.  Passive aura, procs on melee damage taken, has a 15% chance to deal durability damage to the weapon that hit him.  This rarely works on private servers.

Btw, since you worked on Ragnaros : should it affect both weapons, or only MH? In this video I could only see the Rogue's MH (CHT) being damaged (cf. Combat Log) : 

6 minutes ago, Roadblock said:
9 minutes ago, Mecher said:

What he said, it's from Ragnaros attacking (the tank) not players attacking him.

About the last one Darkrasp, what confuses me is that the range of the "crueler" spell somehow seems more in-line with what I remember (10y).

20y seems a bit rangey but it might be that we tried to spread so for example "no more than 2 players are hit" I know in my guild we tried to have people not evenly spread in singles but standing in pairs.

Maybe that was the reason.

10 minutes ago, Mecher said:

Huhu, makes much more sense :D, sorry it's late!

46 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

- Elemental Fire.  Passive aura, procs on every successful melee attack dealt.  Deals 2100-2500 fire damage and puts a debuff on that deals 600 fire damage per second for eight seconds.  There's some debate over whether the initial damage is dealt every time, or if it just refreshes the debuff.  The spell mechanics would seem to indicate that it deals the impact damage each time, we're looking into it.  He doesn't cast this at all on most private servers.

Is the Combatlog from this video of any help regarding this matter?

Thanks Youfie.  That does clear up the Elemental Fire question.  It does apply the impact on every Ragnaros Melee swing, which is currently working on our server, so no spellfix required for that.  Makes sense since his attack speed is mega slow.

Still not certain on the Annihilate vs Might of Ragnaros question though.  We'd need a Caster POV will a full combat log like that one, and that player would have to be hit by the spell at least once.

6 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Still not certain on the Annihilate vs Might of Ragnaros question though.  We'd need a Caster POV will a full combat log like that one, and that player would have to be hit by the spell at least once.

Do BOTH! Muahahahahahhahaha >:D

Do you guys think that the Lava Burst ability which is supposedly not working on any other pserver will change the Rag fight alot? To me it seems pretty sick: procs often, in large area, dealing 3k fire dmg over 3 seconds. Seems to me this ability alone will force everyone, not just the Main Tank, to really focus on fire resist.

If it's true that no other pserver got this one right, this could mean a great difference to all the Feenix/Nost/Kronos veterans that did Ragnaros over and over again. 

Looks like he's being hit by it at 1:14 here, although the quality is so bad idk if it's even possible to decrypt what it's saying:

10 minutes ago, Nifitar said:

Looks like he's being hit by it at 1:14 here, although the quality is so bad idk if it's even possible to decrypt what it's saying:

Yeah, it's illegible, and he resists or absorbs the damage so we can't even tell how much he was hit for.  Like I said, I spent an hour watching videos trying to find definitive info on this.  Worst case scenario we'll just try both in Beta and it should be more obvious which is right and which is wrong.

What about the adds abilites?
Heres a good video with readable combat log, mage and warrior POV 

4:05 AoE knockback, no log :(, counts as friend fire, maybe?

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

Thanks Youfie.  That does clear up the Elemental Fire question.  It does apply the impact on every Ragnaros Melee swing, which is currently working on our server, so no spellfix required for that.  Makes sense since his attack speed is mega slow.

I don't see this, am I blind? :P

All I see is Elemental Fire ticks, some of them are with resist amount in () and some full hit.

Cleanest interval of 8+ seconds for example: 3m:20 > 3m:40, all I see is

[Ragnaros]: Elemental Fire [You] xxx

[Ragnaros]: Elemental Fire (xxx resisted) [You] xxx

and the random [Ragnaros]: Lava Burst [You] xxxx

The non-resisted hits I see 5xx to 6xx numbers which tracks with the DoT, can you point to a timestamp that show initial application of Elemental Fire for 2k+?

Priest PoV with combatlog up, can't make out what the combatlog is saying at around 3:05

He doesn't seem to get hit at any other point (haven't watched to the end though)

found a couple more vids with readable combat logs where the player is getting hit and the ability just doesn't show up in the log

4 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

The non-resisted hits I see 5xx to 6xx numbers which tracks with the DoT, can you point to a timestamp that show initial application of Elemental Fire for 2k+?

I'm seeing one at 2:38.  He already has the debuff, and then gets:

[Ragnaros] Hit [You] xxxx
[You] Gain 1 Rage from Bloodrage
[Ragnaros] Elemental Fire [You] 1000

The last one might not be 1000, but it's definitely a four digit number.  The debuff hits for a max of 600 so that can't be it.  It's also doing an Elemental fire tick immediately after every single successful attack.. if it was *just* refreshing the debuff it wouldn't do that, there would always be a 1 second delay before the first tick landed.

And yeah, all this stuff not showing up in the combat log leads me to believe it must be the Might of Ragnaros spell.  Depending on how the "Flame of Ragnaros" NPC is handled, with it's faction, visibility, etc., I could understand why it doesn't show up in the log.  I suppose Annihilate was from an older version, kind of like the Conflag Fireballs that Onyxia used to spit in phase 2.  Still something we can try out in Beta, but I think we can say the mystery is solved.  Thanks :D

If you want to find indisputable video proof of which ability the knockback is, stop looking for a name and start looking at the size of the knockback.

One is twice the size of the other. That's easily distinguishable even on a low res video without a properly set up combatlog.

(Or just look at the droves of guides for the encounter in vanilla days, all of which clearly state 20 yards).

Cleanest video I've found from that era from Hunter PoV and for shame, no combatlog and even HuD instead of player frame.

But!

If you look at the bottom of his HuD you'll see hp / mana numbers.

1:55 > 1:57 knockback + ~2k hit

then again

2:05 > 2:07 knockback + ~2k hit

again

2:30 > 2:32 ~2k hit

I think that tracks with your second option?

Isolated the 2:38 on the warrior PoV video

It says 1066 with no resist... that's a strange number. Edit: Because it's nowhere near the 2100-2500 damage listed for the initial application.

Elemental_Fire_2.38.png

Edited by Roadblock

You guys really do seem to know what you're doing and make it all sound easy. How come other pservers don't get these things right?