Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

209 posts in this topic

+1

Been following your project for a while now and cannot wait to use this for when Crestfall releases and I'm finally getting to play vanilla again. Its by far the most "up to date" looking UI and it does indeed remind a lot of ElvUI from retail (Which is by far the most popular UI) so I'm very happy that you're working on this since after trying out Legion and been using retail addons - I crave something similar to my retail UI for vanilla which I havnt been able to make with other UI/addons.

I'm a fan! ;)

My personal preference is to set the UI in a way so I don't have to look at all sides and corners. At least this UI skips out on the top left corner.

This is looking good. Good luck in development!

Been using many of your addons for quite some time now in 1.12 and I'm very pleased!

Thank you for the those great addons and keep up the good work.

Also, welcome to Crestfall!

I'm garbage at UI mods apart from the click and play variety. But I'm really happy to see mod authors like you pop up here and provide us with a thread to discuss and try out the latest thing. I'll promise to give it a go.

3 hours ago, shagu said:

you probably don't know me. My name is Shagu and I'm in vanilla addon development since end of 2013. 

Shaguquest is one of my favorite addons when leveling of all times, much love.

Thank you very much for all of your positive feedback. Feels good to join a friendly community and to see some well known people here :)
I've just updated the screenshots, to provide you a more realistic preview of the current state. The links didn't changed, so you might have to clean the browsercache to see an update.

Cheers,
Shagu

Can you add debuff durations on your nameplates module?

I've got a library of the most common ones with durations for the debuffs, just pm

Edited by Ciar

On 21.10.2016 at 11:19 AM, shagu said:

The term "pfui!" is german and simply stands for "pooh!"

Until reading this I thought "He can't be serious about that name!". ;)

And: How much can I customize this UI? Not just regarding size and position of objects but also things like importing textures or deciding what information I want to read and when (things like names, health, mana) ...

On 2016-10-21 at 11:19 AM, shagu said:

snip

Hi Shagu! Great work! I wonder about something. I got another addon from you called ShaguUI. That was released 2016-05-30 I think. Can I delete that one and only have this one you posted here? Is this a continuation of that one?

Cheers!

18 hours ago, Ciar said:

Can you add debuff durations on your nameplates module?

I've got a library of the most common ones with durations for the debuffs, just pm

If there's an addon which provides that on default Frames, I'd love to add integration support for pfUI.

18 hours ago, Murok said:

And: How much can I customize this UI? Not just regarding size and position of objects but also things like importing textures or deciding what information I want to read and when (things like names, health, mana) ...

I have no idea. Only time will tell.

16 hours ago, Smirre said:

Works like a charm, thank you.

The only thing that i'm missing is the ability to show that how much hp in % your target still has left. :(

I'd don't get it. Please have a look at the first screenshot, there you can see a targetframe showing HP Left and HP in percent left.

Edited by shagu

45 minutes ago, shagu said:

If there's an addon which provides that on default Frames, I'd love to add integration support for pfUI.

https://github.com/obble/modui modui has this in its nameplate module which basically are recolored default frames + some improvements like castbar, debuffs, it's where the library is (globals-->table.lua) from.

So it is not exactly an independent addon per say, see if you can look at it and if its any help.

https://github.com/zetone/enemyFrames/tree/master/UIElements Enemyframes addon also adds debuffs with timers on top of nameplates. (check nameplateshandler.lua)

Edited by Ciar

It looks like cooldowns (for example hearthstone) are not shown in the bags right after use. It only showed up after /rl.

8 hours ago, shagu said:

stuff

So, can we delete ShaguUI from PC then? I take it this is a continuation of that one?  For some reason though ShaguUI is about 200kb larger than pfUI (500 kb if we count WIM). Where any features cut or smth?

Edited by Sakritan

I used your UI for Elysium. It was great, keep up the good work.

Welcome, It's nice to see you here! Also, amazing work, will definitely use it!

1 hour ago, Sakritan said:

So, can we delete ShaguUI from PC then? I take it this is a continuation of that one?  For some reason though ShaguUI is about 200kb larger than pfUI (500 kb if we count WIM). Where any features cut or smth?

It's different. ShaguUI was an addon pack and pfUI is not. It is a completely new Addon written from scratch. You have to choose one of them by yourself. But you should notice that ShaguUI is kinda dead.
If you don't like the appearance of pfUI or miss some feature in pfUI, then use ShaguUI. Otherwise I'd recommend to use pfUI.

I made a small alteration in Xloot to make it more Shagu style lol.

EDIT 1: If you like it, you can download it here: https://github.com/Ko0z/Xloot

Please note that I dont take credit for either code or art. It's all Shagu and Xuerian.

loRSSTx.png

Edited by Ko0z

13 hours ago, Ko0z said:

So share it with us, will you?

Thanks!

Looks neat, definately going to try this.

Edited by Lilaina

5 hours ago, cosminn123 said:

So share it with us, will you?

Thanks!

I have updated my post with a download link. enjoy!

Also @shagu I hope that you are ok that I used your art from pfUI in Xloot. If not message me and I will take it down.

19 hours ago, Ko0z said:

EDIT 1: If you like it, you can download it here: https://github.com/Ko0z/Xloot

Please note that I dont take credit for either code or art. It's all Shagu and Xuerian.

loRSSTx.png

Thanks mate! That looks neat!