Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

201 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, cosminn123 said:

So share it with us, will you?

Thanks!

I have updated my post with a download link. enjoy!

Also @shagu I hope that you are ok that I used your art from pfUI in Xloot. If not message me and I will take it down.

19 hours ago, Ko0z said:

I made a small alteration in Xloot to make it more Shagu style lol.

EDIT 1: If you like it, you can download it here: https://github.com/Ko0z/Xloot

Please note that I dont take credit for either code or art. It's all Shagu and Xuerian.

loRSSTx.png

Thanks mate! That looks neat!

Loving it. Super polished already. One question: is there no game menu included? I know you can assign shortcuts but not like I'm gonna waste a convenient shortcut on something like the spellbook. (I remember missing this in elvui and eventually finding out it was available through right click on the minimap or something, which would be nice)

By the way, I made some modifications to WIM, initially to deal with kronos' broken /who and lowlvl whisper problem back then. It has a lowlvl whisper block option and it retries a few times for the /who information so you get all the information even for simultaneous whispers, as well as several minor bugfixes. Don't remember everything but I think there was some minor issue with clicking itemlinks opening a split item frame and also /r did not automatically open a WIM window unlike /w etc. so maybe you wanna link to that instead: https://github.com/shirsig/WIM (seems still fully compatible with your style changes)

Anyway, thanks for this. I've wanted a coherent UI that works nicely out of the box for ages.

edit: a suggestion: it would be useful if some of the main frames were named (in the global environment). For example I rely on this for my bag sort addon (https://github.com/shirsig/Clean_Up) to place the button in the bag frame. All old vanilla addons seemed to do this (e.g., OneBagFrame). edit2: maybe it's named but just not mouse enabled ... gotta think of a different solution if that's the case.

edit: found a bug: was just in a battleground and my healthbar wasn't working, always full (the numbers did update correctly though and the target frame for myself worked also, as well as the raid frame)

editx: shopping tooltip1 and 2 missing the pfui style (https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanilla_enUS_FrameXML/blob/master/GameTooltip.xml#L24-L25) sgbfgD9.png

Edited by shirsig

Been using ShaguUi on Nostalrius and a big fan of it, now i want to try pfUI, it's looks neat and great but i am missing one little thing i missed on ShaguUi for a long time too ( apparantly when i last updated it had included this little item)  I miss a PVP notification, you know.. the little emblem of your side ( Horde / Alliance) to show you are PVP flagged. If it's already inplemented my apologies in advance, for the rest sublime!

I like this a lot. Do you have plans to port it over to TBC and beyond?

2 hours ago, shirsig said:

edit: a suggestion: it would be useful if some of the main frames were named (in the global environment). For example I rely on this for my bag sort addon (https://github.com/shirsig/Clean_Up) to place the button in the bag frame. All old vanilla addons seemed to do this (e.g., OneBagFrame). edit2: maybe it's named but just not mouse enabled ... gotta think of a different solution if that's the case.

You can start at pfUI (it's global) and walk the hierarchy until you find what you need.

All modules are in pfUI.modules.

I think the main bag is also a global named "pfBag" but regardless you should be able to get a frame reference the other way.

3 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

You can start at pfUI (it's global) and walk the hierarchy until you find what you need.

All modules are in pfUI.modules.

I think the main bag is also a global named "pfBag" but regardless you should be able to get a frame reference the other way.

Yeah but I want to keep it generic, so that it will work with any bag addon, without specific compatibility code. I already have an idea how to do it though: currently I'm using GetMouseFocus() which also doesn't work for non mouse enabled frames, but I think I can run through all frames with http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/EnumerateFrames (which I can use now since i can ditch Luna, which breaks it), take only the visible frames, calculate which ones are under the cursor from coordinates and finally choose the one with the highest strata/framelevel to place the button.

5 minutes ago, shirsig said:

Yeah but I want to keep it generic, so that it will work with any bag addon, without specific compatibility code. I already have an idea how to do it though: currently I'm using GetMouseFocus() which also doesn't work for non mouse enabled frames, but I think I can run through all frames with http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/EnumerateFrames (which I can use now since i can ditch Luna, which breaks it), take only the visible frames, calculate which ones are under the cursor from coordinates and finally choose the one with the highest strata/framelevel to place the button.

We're going a bit off-topic but until Shagu sees this, whatever :P

That sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through to get a frame reference. (disclaimer: I haven't looked at Clean_Up)

Are you letting the user find the bag addon to add the button to?

Edit: Scratch that I just looked at your github page, you do. Now I understand a bit better.

Edited by Roadblock

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions. Seems like I have enough work for the next months :P

@Ko0z Of course, feel free to use and modify whatever you want, but you should know that I'm working on an integrated Lootframe.

@shirsig Bag sorting is still on the todo for a while, I don't know when I'll find some time to finish it. But ofc, adding some frame names isn't a big deal ;) 
Good hint on the ShoppingTooltips, i definitly add them. Before adding your tweaked version of WIM, I'd like to test it first, Don't know when I'm going to do that (done)

@raflizo Oh, I completely forgot about this. Will be added, but can't tell exactly when this will happen. Thanks for mentioning it. (done)

@rooted Yes, I thought about porting it to 2.4.3 and 3.3.5. But there won't be a tbc and wotlk branch as long as I'm not satisfied with the 1.12 version.

Edit: wow, I just missed your conversation while typing this... sorry for my late reply.

Edited by shagu

Great work indeed, keep it up :)

Got 1 question. Is it possible adjust Buff/Debuff size and position (bottom right/left, top right/left for example) on Player and Target Frames?

2 hours ago, shagu said:

@shirsig Bag sorting is still on the todo for a while, I don't know when I'll find some time to finish it.

I managed to implement it so it works for non mouse enabled frames. Also realized it's impossible to do for frames without name, not because of the placing but because the position can't be saved otherwise.

However, since you've now added a name it works, thanks:

BAnvqmV.png

By the way, you never answered my question about the game menu. Is there one hidden somewhere?

1 hour ago, shirsig said:

By the way, you never answered my question about the game menu. Is there one hidden somewhere?

I haven't tried the UI but if the microbuttons (assuming that's what you mean by game menu) are not on some hidden bar, maybe (considering the inspiration is from ElvUI) they are on a minimap dropdown? (ElvUI does it on minimap middle-click)

If you mean just the actual GameMenu and not the microbar, it's possible he's left it button-less and only reachable with Esc?

Just guessing here :P

I mean the spellbook, talent, character, social etc. buttons. I think I've clicked everywhere with every button and no luck so far.

11 minutes ago, shirsig said:

I mean the spellbook, talent, character, social etc. buttons. I think I've clicked everywhere with every button and no luck so far.

Yea that's indeed the MicroBar, I did a quick search can't find somewhere that he hides it.

Will take a closer look.

Edit: *MicroButton(s) are children of MainMenuBarArtFrame which is a child of MainMenuBar. He might be hiding any of those.

Edit2: Line 25 actionbar.lua

Edited by Roadblock

This is really great work. Big kudos. I can't wait to see how the development progresses.

Updated the XLoot modification to make it look more in style with pfUI. You can use this addon while we wait for pfUI to get it's own loot function implemented.

Available for download at Github.

Features: shift-right click on corpse for auto-loot, alt-right click at loot frame to see options menu.

Be advised that you need pfUI addon for this addon to work.

3ahNHHe.png

Edited by Ko0z

I'm getting this error When Casting. Also can u add some save option to the shagui option menu? the reloadui bugs out some times

98rNx48.jpg

If you're interested I'll turn Clean Up into a library so you can add it seamlessly without other addons (with an api like Clean_Up(bagorbank, reverse) or something). It's probably the most optimized sorting possible given the vanilla API. (edit: https://github.com/shirsig/Clean_Up-lib)

Edited by shirsig

@shagu I just started my first MC with pfUI and got major FPS problems down to unplayable as soon as I targeted a mob and the fight started. I have no portrait displayed in the target frame and I even set all gfx options to the lowest. Did not help and I had to deactivate pfUI to continue. Problem was gone as soon as it was deactivated.

Has anyone else had this issue? It does not occur in 5 mans. 

Edited by meth

34 minutes ago, meth said:

@shagu I just started my first MC with pfUI and got major FPS problems down to unplayable as soon as I targeted a mob and the fight started. I have no portrait displayed in the target frame and I even set all gfx options to the lowest. Did not help and I had to deactivate pfUI to continue. Problem was gone as soon as it was deactivated.

Has anyone else had this issue? It does not occur in 5 mans. 

Out of curiosity do you have an addon to show Lua errors? (Example: BugGrabber)

Do you have "show Lua error" disabled in default options? (advanced I believe)

This might be an error spammed ad infinitum you're not seeing.

Other than that debugging performance problems is hard with just code review, someone will need to enable cpu profiling and see which functions cause the problems or if there's a memory leak someplace that's hitting the Lua garbage collector hard.

Edited by Roadblock