Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

209 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Slick said:

I made it to Domo before my FPS plummeted and I got a message saying I've exceed the 99MB limit on my addons. I did have a couple of third party addons in addition to pfUI (decursive, outfitter, ktm, dpsmate, atlas off the top of my head).

That sounds like a problem with saved variables.

It's possible there's a circular reference somewhere and pfUI keeps growing its saved varlables until you get that error.

However, if that's not the case it's possible you already had several addons and you were close to the limit and it just pushed you over.

99MB is quite low you can either set addon memory to something higher in addon selection list (Character Select > AddOns button) or just set it to 0 (= unlimited) and let the game manage the memory.

99MB is nothing for any computer of the last 6-7 years or younger.

Edit: After a cursory look, my bet would be on pfUI_playerDB (the player cache) or the usual suspect (Nameplates).

Next time you run it, run this command when you login to the game

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(tostring(collectgarbage("count")).."KBytes")

Make a note of the number it gives you.

Then run these two commands

/run pfUI_playerDB = nil
/console reloadui

And repeat the first one again.

Compare the new number with the old. Note: This will clear the cached information collected for other players.

Edited by Roadblock

@limov417 Yes, the style of other frames will be adjusted someday. But lots of other things are higher prioritized.

@Roadblock, @Slick, @meth: I've added an option - "Reset Player Cache" - to reset the playerDB via GUI.

Regarding the frame drop, please check if it's still occurring when disabling all other addons beside pfUI.
If not, reactivate one after the other and tell me which one makes the trouble together with pfUI.
As I can't reproduce this issue, it's up to your feedback. Thanks.

Cheers

48 minutes ago, shagu said:

@limov417 Yes, the style of other frames will be adjusted someday. But lots of other things are higher prioritized.

Thanksl, tested your UI for 2 hours and it's awesome, everything looks cool. Like the function of seeing enemies debuffs under their panel.

Oh, and one bug I have found, if you change the font size to a symbol , "w" for example, it crashes everything.

Also think about giving users the possibility to change fonts ( I mean font style, not the size of it). Your fonts are good, but for me some of them are too tall and some of them a too squared. It's just hard to read sometimes.

Thank you so much, made some changes, this is how my UI looks right now, similar to that of Fragnance.

b269b8733db382c8d89886d4309d6663.jpg

@larsy93 , there is a function to show your XP . A little bar at the right side of a chat box.

On 10/26/2016 at 5:53 PM, Roadblock said:

Yea that's indeed the MicroBar, I did a quick search can't find somewhere that he hides it.

Will take a closer look.

Edit: *MicroButton(s) are children of MainMenuBarArtFrame which is a child of MainMenuBar. He might be hiding any of those.

Edit2: Line 25 actionbar.lua

Does this mean there is a way to get them to show up? Sorry I messed around and haven't found them.

6 minutes ago, Duranasaur said:

Does this mean there is a way to get them to show up? Sorry I messed around and haven't found them.

I haven't looked at @shagu latest changes but if larsy93 screenshot is any indication then yes. (You can see the microbar top left)

9 hours ago, Roadblock said:

I haven't looked at @shagu latest changes but if larsy93 screenshot is any indication then yes. (You can see the microbar top left)

Yes there is a setting to show menubar now :)

10 hours ago, limov417 said:

@larsy93 , there is a function to show your XP . A little bar at the right side of a chat box.

Yes, I prefer to have them at the top of my screen like that tho, had it for many years so hard to change now :)

7 hours ago, shagu said:

Hi, wrote on github about Titanpanel fucking up the location of an action bar, that is the only thing ive found so far, thanks for a great addon/UI

22 minutes ago, Topkeek said:

First of all thank you for your work, your UI is amazing, my question is how can i see the target debuff timer? its possible? i mean see the number of time remaining for dots 

Vanilla client API gives no info about debuff duration, only way is by using a library with fixed durations and they still will not be 100% accurate in case of talented vs not because there's no way to know with certainty which is which when it's not your own spell cast.

21 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Vanilla client API gives no info about debuff duration, only way is by using a library with fixed durations and they still will not be 100% accurate in case of talented vs not because there's no way to know with certainty which is which when it's not your own spell cast.

so... there is any good addon for debuff timer?

i love this UI, its the best out there by far!

but 3 suggestions:

- global cooldown display in the action bars is missing

- the lootwindow is not updating if you loot something - you can spam the left button to loot the whole loot

- i would love to see an integrated manu bar instead the standard one on the top

2 minutes ago, Renew said:

- the lootwindow is not updating if you loot something - you can spam the left button to loot the whole loot

I already made a request for this: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/76

Yesterday I was in a very long twink BG and after a while there started to be some lag, which was fixed by /reload. Not sure if it was pfUI or one of my own addons though.

@topkeek I recently made this https://github.com/shirsig/aurae which is now probably the most reliable debuff tracker with regard to mechanics for vanilla, though the options for configuring the look are very limited so you kinda have to like the default.

1 hour ago, shirsig said:

I already made a request for this: https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/76

Yesterday I was in a very long twink BG and after a while there started to be some lag, which was fixed by /reload. Not sure if it was pfUI or one of my own addons though.

@topkeek I recently made this https://github.com/shirsig/aurae which is now probably the most reliable debuff tracker with regard to mechanics for vanilla, though the options for configuring the look are very limited so you kinda have to like the default.

it seems good, thank you

Guys can i disable the main action bar or hide it? i want to make my UI with the minimap at the middle so i need 2 separated bars, here a screenshot WoWScrnShot_111216_210613.jpg

Edited by Topkeek

ok forget after hours of triying (i dont know a shit about lua) i added pfUI.bars.bottom:Hide() and now its hidden

@shagu Thank you for your hard work on this UI replacement.

I flipped the vertical positions of the main actionbar and Multibarbottomleft as I like the main actionbar closer to the center of my screen. Unfortunately, the backdrop still goes up vertically (as seen in the screenshot). Is there a way to adjust this to make the backdrop match the new position of the additional bar?

Thanks

WoWScrnShot_112016_151132.jpg

Guys can i put the bar for warrior/druid stances to other one? i dont want it in the main bar

Thanks for making this, I love it. Still playing around with options since I'm not very savvy on addons, but its just what I was looking for.

I had to rework the whole backdrop functionality and the framesize calculations. It was alot of work, but I really had to do this, because the old API ran up against its limits when it comes to customizability. Some things might be broken now, some others are maybe fixed. Please don't hesitate to create an issue in the bugtracker if you find something bad.
For more informations, what I have done and why I did that, please have a look at:

https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/commit/8891a1df446f4fb5088ecdfb0fd196a7c334bd69

You might also want to have a look here for some screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/pUxiJ

Sorry Renew, I believe that I've just broke your Addons with this :/

Cheers

Edited by shagu

the addons are standalone :) no references to pfUI

so they still work, but without the pixel border style :)

edit: and ofc without the color choice xD

Edited by Renew