Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

189 posts in this topic

I had to rework the whole backdrop functionality and the framesize calculations. It was alot of work, but I really had to do this, because the old API ran up against its limits when it comes to customizability. Some things might be broken now, some others are maybe fixed. Please don't hesitate to create an issue in the bugtracker if you find something bad.
For more informations, what I have done and why I did that, please have a look at:

https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/commit/8891a1df446f4fb5088ecdfb0fd196a7c334bd69

You might also want to have a look here for some screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/pUxiJ

Sorry Renew, I believe that I've just broke your Addons with this :/

Cheers

Edited by shagu

the addons are standalone :) no references to pfUI

so they still work, but without the pixel border style :)

edit: and ofc without the color choice xD

Edited by Renew

Guys, how can i do to identify elite moobs with pfui unitframes? because i attacked sometimes a elite moob because i thought it was normal xD

18 hours ago, Topkeek said:

Guys, how can i do to identify elite moobs with pfui unitframes? because i attacked sometimes a elite moob because i thought it was normal xD

Yes. This is an example of an elite mob:
7P61TkY.jpg

The level is appended by a "+" for Elites, a "R" for Rares, a "B" for Bosses, a "R+" for Rare-Elites.

Any way you can add addons like LazyPig, a mail addon, outfitter, or aux? If I think of other addons I'm missing I'll ad them to this post. So far though great work on the UI

Edited by Haitharn
Adding addons

7 hours ago, Haitharn said:

Any way you can add addons like LazyPig, a mail addon, outfitter, or aux? If I think of other addons I'm missing I'll ad them to this post. So far though great work on the UI

No. Please read the description. This is a clean UI and not another Addon Compilation. Installing additional addons is not that hard, you should be able to manage that on your own.

2 hours ago, shagu said:

No. Please read the description. This is a clean UI and not another Addon Compilation. Installing additional addons is not that hard, you should be able to manage that on your own.

My apologies

18 hours ago, shagu said:

Yes. This is an example of an elite mob:

The level is appended by a "+" for Elites, a "R" for Rares, a "B" for Bosses, a "R+" for Rare-Elites.

Just for fun ;)

https://github.com/Road-block/DragonOverlay/releases/tag/1.93-alpha

boss.png

Edit: I had to make a small change to pfUI\modules\gui.lua for tab selection in options to work for injected options.

https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/blob/010eb932d421e0fc00a91b282b1723a01c92daf1/modules/gui.lua#L296

to line 305 > replaced with

for _, hide in pairs(pfUI.gui.elements) do
      hide:Hide()
      pfUI.utils:CreateBackdrop(hide.switch, nil, true)
    end

and at line https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/blob/010eb932d421e0fc00a91b282b1723a01c92daf1/modules/gui.lua#L755

inserted

pfUI.gui.elements = {
      pfUI.gui.global, pfUI.gui.appearance, pfUI.gui.modules, pfUI.gui.uf,
      pfUI.gui.bar, pfUI.gui.panel, pfUI.gui.tooltip, pfUI.gui.castbar,
      pfUI.gui.thirdparty, pfUI.gui.chat, pfUI.gui.nameplates,
    }

Note: Pre-release, use at your own peril etc.

Edited by Roadblock

Shagu how can i change the number of buttons of a bar? for example i want only 3-4 buttons of the extra bars like you can do on bartender or bongos how can i do it?

Edited by Topkeek

11 hours ago, Topkeek said:

Shagu how can i change the number of buttons of a bar? for example i want only 3-4 buttons of the extra bars like you can do on bartender or bongos how can i do it?

Can't check since I am at work, but type /pfui to open the menu and then under "Actionbar" you most likely can configure what you want. Fiddle around with it and see if you can achieve the desired result. 

Would it be possible to add feature that will alow custom textures and fonts for player/party/tartget/target of target in form like it is in otherUI suits (LUI, ElvUI...)?

4 hours ago, meth said:

Can't check since I am at work, but type /pfui to open the menu and then under "Actionbar" you most likely can configure what you want. Fiddle around with it and see if you can achieve the desired result. 

ofc no man, if i come post here its because i checked all options and i cant do it, you only can change scale bars and border, no the number of buttons

Does this have some sort of GCD indicator? 

Sincerly,

A leveling priest who doesn't like to spam smite after using SW:P

Like it very much!

i am not a pro in UI things but for me it seems to work nearly perfect. I get some healcomm errors when in BG - i guess from other players not in range or so. 

Yeah is there any GCD? It's really not knowing if you actually cast an ability or not... also is there a way to make the buffs on your playerframe go away, but keep the buffs/debuffs on the target frame

Finally got to trying out the addon. Really impressive work! 

Default values are extremely unfriendly for new players, especially those that do not tinker with addons until later on. 

• (General Tab) Fontsize: 10 (15)
  • (Appearance Tab) Bags Bordersize: -1 (+2)
  • (Action Bar) Button Size: 18 (25)

Original - 1920x1080

ECtIsCU.png

With altered font, button and bag sizes:-

jsMYOSt.png

Additionally bag bordersizes is missing border coloring when set to +1, is this intentional? Since I personally want minimum bordersize that shows item quality color.  

Bordersize: -1

elxxXmf.png

Bordersize: 0. Icons are all attached, since there is no border. 

Bordersize: +1 (Missing border colors) 

pgsBPkU.png

Bordersize: +2

2lg3nEP.png

I tried 1.5, still no border color. 

Anyways, good stuff, thanks!

Just a quick thanks for Shagu Quest. Aside from telling where new quests are, I prefer it over Questie.

Anyone with lua knowledge can help me? i have the UI like this https://gyazo.com/d83e4585986aa8b4c1cf985e52a3061a the problem is im not using the main action bar so i cant use stances on warrior or rogue, how can i change the main bar to look like the right and left bars of my screens?

Edited by Topkeek

Tryed pfUI yesterday. I just can say WOW - it´s really good!

Just a question:

Languages
pfUI will support and contain language specific code for the following languages.

- English (enUS)
- French (frFR) [translators required]
- German (deDE)
- Chinese (zhCN) [translators required]
- Russian (ruRU) [translators required]

Does it mean that i can change the language of pfUI? And when where? I didnt found it.

I am wondering if the updated castmodifier addon works with pft UI. I looked at a post by the creator of that addon, and says its compatible, i just downloaded both addons, and only running those two and healcomm. But the mouseover heal macros are not responding. Should I just use the original mouseover addon?

Thanks

First time I'm trying a pre-built addon/pack and it's really nice.

Few questions though.

1. Anyway to move the bag? Bottom right hand corner is pretty inconvenient .

2. Any way to prevent nameplates from auto-enabling in combat?

3.  Any way to hide buff/debuffs anchored to the map?

Hi Shagu and community!

I have been using pfUI for a couple of weeks now and I must say, as a lot of people before me have, I absolutely love it! I would like to thank you, Shagu, for allowing the public to use this incredible, and dare I say it, best around, UI.

I have come across one thing that I am hoping this great community can help me with. When I click on an NPC that has multiple dialogue choices, for example, an Innkeeper (Shop, Make Inn my Home), for some reason, the menu navigates to the initial dialogue screen where I can choose which dialogue option I want, but only remains on that window for a split second and then progresses straight to the Shop window. I can confirm that this has happened to me with every NPC that has multiple dialogue options and a Shop - the navigation bypasses everything and goes right to the Shop window.

I have had a detailed look through all of pfUI's options and there is nothing that I can see that relates to this strange interaction.

Obviously, you guys can understand that this totally prevents me from selecting any of the other options found on the initial dialogue window.

I am hoping that someone else has experienced this and that there is a solution that I could be provided.

Again, Shagu, thank you so much for this incredible UI!

EDIT: [FIXED] Had nothing to do with pfUI. Was LazyPig Gossip Auto Processing!

Syn

Edited by Syn

Shagu, where are you posting updated versions of this UI? 

When updating from one version to a newer version, can I please ask how this is done?

If I have my Interface and WTF folders saved prior to updating versions, copying and pasting the Interface and WTF folders back to their respective locations will ensure that I do not need to set my UI up again and the update has been successfully applied?

Your brilliance on this matter would be hugely appreciated bud!

Thanks!

Syn

12 minutes ago, Syn said:

Shagu, where are you posting updated versions of this UI? 

When updating from one version to a newer version, can I please ask how this is done?

If I have my Interface and WTF folders saved prior to updating versions, copying and pasting the Interface and WTF folders back to their respective locations will ensure that I do not need to set my UI up again and the update has been successfully applied?

Your brilliance on this matter would be hugely appreciated bud!

Thanks!

Syn

Taking backups of your WTF folder is always recommended (that's where all your settings are stored) but in the general case you don't need any of that to update pfUI.

Just get the latest version from https://github.com/shagu/pfUI

and overwrite the existing version in \AddOns\   You will need to remove -master from the folder name if it's there so it's only \AddOns\pfUI

42 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Taking backups of your WTF folder is always recommended (that's where all your settings are stored) but in the general case you don't need any of that to update pfUI.

Just get the latest version from https://github.com/shagu/pfUI

and overwrite the existing version in \AddOns\   You will need to remove -master from the folder name if it's there so it's only \AddOns\pfUI

So it's literally just a paste in to Addon's folder and accept all overwrite requests? This will update pfUI but keep all of my settings the way I had them prior to udpate?