Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

209 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Syn said:

So it's literally just a paste in to Addon's folder and accept all overwrite requests? This will update pfUI but keep all of my settings the way I had them prior to udpate?

Correct. *

* Unless shagu specifically states that some new version breaks backwards compatibility and needs a settings reset.

19 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

Correct. *

* Unless shagu specifically states that some new version breaks backwards compatibility and needs a settings reset.

Where is Shagu's main post? Does he edit the first post of this thread each time he has an announcement?

I am just wanting to make sure I remain as informed as possible regarding this incredible UI.

Hi everyone.
Sorry for the late reply. I have some troubles with my internet connection since more than a week.
Since the Nostalrius server restarts soon, I have alot of requests and questions to answer. If I forgot to anwser your question, please don't hesitate to ask again.

On 7.12.2016 at 0:56 PM, Stivar said:

Tryed pfUI yesterday. I just can say WOW - it´s really good!

Just a question:

Languages
pfUI will support and contain language specific code for the following languages.

- English (enUS)
- French (frFR) [translators required]
- German (deDE)
- Chinese (zhCN) [translators required]
- Russian (ruRU) [translators required]

Does it mean that i can change the language of pfUI? And when where? I didnt found it.

No, it means, that locales for Spell detection (enemycastbars), classes and other things are available for pfUI. 
Means, the UI should fully work with these localized clients but pfUI's texts itself won't be translated.

On 30.11.2016 at 5:55 PM, Walgrave said:

Finally got to trying out the addon. Really impressive work! 

Default values are extremely unfriendly for new players, especially those that do not tinker with addons until later on. 

• (General Tab) Fontsize: 10 (15)
  • (Appearance Tab) Bags Bordersize: -1 (+2)
  • (Action Bar) Button Size: 18 (25)

Original - 1920x1080

ECtIsCU.png

With altered font, button and bag sizes:-

jsMYOSt.png

Additionally bag bordersizes is missing border coloring when set to +1, is this intentional? Since I personally want minimum bordersize that shows item quality color.  

Bordersize: -1

elxxXmf.png

Bordersize: 0. Icons are all attached, since there is no border. 

Bordersize: +1 (Missing border colors) 

pgsBPkU.png

Bordersize: +2

2lg3nEP.png

I tried 1.5, still no border color. 

Anyways, good stuff, thanks!

Thanks for your suggestions. Please note that "-1" on border size stands for "use default values" which should already be a proper value :)
Due to WoW Client limitations, a 1 pixel border is not reliably possible in classic. I'm working on a pixel-pefect module, which has the goal to make that possible.
Until that is finished, a 1px border will always be black.

On 10.12.2016 at 7:11 PM, Swisscheese said:

First time I'm trying a pre-built addon/pack and it's really nice.

Few questions though.

1. Anyway to move the bag? Bottom right hand corner is pretty inconvenient .

2. Any way to prevent nameplates from auto-enabling in combat?

3.  Any way to hide buff/debuffs anchored to the map?

1. no

2. Uhmm.. Don't they use the WoW's default setting?

3. Done with https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/issues/46

On 12.12.2016 at 3:22 AM, Syn said:

Shagu, where are you posting updated versions of this UI? 

When updating from one version to a newer version, can I please ask how this is done?

If I have my Interface and WTF folders saved prior to updating versions, copying and pasting the Interface and WTF folders back to their respective locations will ensure that I do not need to set my UI up again and the update has been successfully applied?

Your brilliance on this matter would be hugely appreciated bud!

Thanks!

Syn

As long as there is no release yet, I'm not posting update news on any forums. If you want to track the progress, have a look at https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/commits/master

21 hours ago, Syn said:

Any chance you could include Nice Damage damage font as an available font choice, Shagu?

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9732-NiceDamagefont.html

Not sure... But you can add it yourself by copying the desired font to pfUI/fonts/ and adapt line 662 in modules/gui.lua

Cheers,
Shagu

9 hours ago, shagu said:

Not sure... But you can add it yourself by copying the desired font to pfUI/fonts/ and adapt line 662 in modules/gui.lua

nfortunately, I do not have a program that indicates which line I am on so I can not locate the particular line to edit, Shagu. Would it be possible, you show me where to make an entry and what to type in in order to enable Nice Damage font?

I completely understand if you do not have the time. It is a minor request :)

Thanks for all your hard work, mate!

2 hours ago, Syn said:

nfortunately, I do not have a program that indicates which line I am on so I can not locate the particular line to edit, Shagu. Would it be possible, you show me where to make an entry and what to type in in order to enable Nice Damage font?

I completely understand if you do not have the time. It is a minor request :)

Thanks for all your hard work, mate!

It would be faster to download a notepad+ and find i by yourself :D

I'm quite bothered by the "last" pfUI available on Github. I downloaded the UI a week ago and i was amazed, it was fitting perfectly on my 2560x1440 monitor, barely any tweak to do. Fast forward yesterday with the "pixel perfect" business and it's now a living hell to get things to remotely look like what they used before. The UI is either extremely small in "pixel perfect" mode or too big when i try to tweak it, and even if i manage to get something decent the Blizzard UI elements (character panel etc) end up being too small thanks to the UIScale being applied to all elements, not only pfUI. 

Heh. Still an amazing UI and an amazing work, just giving you my thoughts. While i'm at, is there any way to edit ShaguCombat so the flashing effect only appears at the bottom, under the actionbar, and not everywhere like a border ? ? 

27 minutes ago, shagu said:

This is why "pixel perfect" is disabled by default.

Indeed, but without it this is how the UI looks by default.

db31f6b2-96c1-48ab-83db-7061e08a05d5.jpg

11 minutes ago, Skipadawoop said:

Indeed, but without it this is how the UI looks by default.

db31f6b2-96c1-48ab-83db-7061e08a05d5.jpg

Indeed, but on a freshly installed Wow both actionbars are disabled by default. If you want to use them, you should free some space for them.
I'll have a look on how to satisfy peole with different kind of settings.. Just give me some time ;) 

Edited by shagu

44 minutes ago, shagu said:

Indeed, but on a freshly installed Wow both actionbars are disabled by default. If you want to use them, you should free some space for them.
I'll have a look on how to satisfy peole with different kind of settings.. Just give me some time ;) 

No problems and thanks again. Don't take any of that as an attack, just a heads up. 

I will just come back to a quick question about ShaguCombat, is there a way to only enable the flashing effect on the bottom part of the screen ? 

Edited by Skipadawoop

Any chance for action bar customization in the future? Like changing how many buttons per row, individual scale etc etc.?

Just wanted to say again how im loving this UI. I've just spent the last 2 hours tweaking it for my personal likes. Only question I have is about an auto sort feature for the inventory, if one exists that im just dumb and missing. No worries if not, I'm just a bit anal when it comes to how my bags look lol.

Have recommended this to anyone I know thats interested in playing vanilla. :)

1 minute ago, Adalon said:

Just wanted to say again how im loving this UI. I've just spent the last 2 hours tweaking it for my personal likes. Only question I have is about an auto sort feature for the inventory, if one exists that im just dumb and missing. No worries if not, I'm just a bit anal when it comes to how my bags look lol.

Have recommended this to anyone I know thats interested in playing vanilla. :)

The sort inventory functionality is provided by Clean_Up (shirshig / bit's addon). You can find the link in recommended addons section at pfUI github.

2 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

The sort inventory functionality is provided by Clean_Up (shirshig / bit's addon). You can find the link in recommended addons section at pfUI github.

Well thanks, its was literally the last thing I had to do, I'm now done and ready! Solutions are usually right in front of my face so ty for that.

I have some question which is not actually about the ui, but about possibility for an addon or perhaps for feature in that ui. Is it possible to have more action bars than what is default in wow - 4(without the main) ? Because this was the biggest limitation for me to play druid. I would like to have more available bars so when I shapeshift one more bar to change, except the main. Which is possible with bartender, but there are not enough actionbars ingame - shown and hidden, so this is not possible for now.

Hey Shagu !

I'm an hardcore fan of ShaguQuest, it's one of the best addons ever made. I preach it to all my friends / guildmates over Questie, far better IMO. ShaguPlates is a godsend too.

I'm following your pfUI interface with a lot of attention because it looks like the ElvUI interface I have ever wanted for Vanilla (I tried to replicate it by doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqqew7HHlCg with the buggy 1.12 addons mess).

But still, I have some questions / suggestions before adopting it forever :

- Any mouseover solutions ? A system like LunaUnitFrames "/lunamo nameofspell(rank)" would be amazing.

- Any way to create a chat window (with background) ? I would like to add a chat window over the current left one like in my UI !

- More options for unitframes. Like editable alpha of the class color over portrait (we don't see the models much, it's sad). Change color of unitframe castbar, color castbar by class. I tried to edit this myself in the .lua files but it's not working :(

- Editable unitframe font-size.

I would be very thankfull for this :D

And if you need french translators I may give you some help.

Keep up the good work man !

Edited by Voodoom

hey @shagu

I am using pfui and i love it! Brilliant job man. However there is an issue i noticed and i would like to address it. The chat window on the bottom right side (Loot & Spam) keeps disappearing. I have recreated it a couple times and set it up but for some reason after some hours its gone. Do you have any suggestion, or perhaps has anyone else reported this?

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Having a small issue, can't see targets castbar even when the option is enabled.

15 minutes ago, Adalon said:

Having a small issue, can't see targets castbar even when the option is enabled.

PvP or PvE?

Afaik pfUI relies on a static spell database, meaning only what's included in that will show a castbar.

2 hours ago, Roadblock said:

PvP or PvE?

Afaik pfUI relies on a static spell database, meaning only what's included in that will show a castbar.

PvE, i can target myself or a mob, just no cast bar for anything

Does anyone know the correct shaguchat syntax for blocking/highlighting two words, such as "cheap gold".

39 minutes ago, Svensson said:

Does anyone know the correct shaguchat syntax for blocking/highlighting two words, such as "cheap gold".

/shaguchat or /sc

Will print a help message to your chatframe to tell you the syntax.