Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

178 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ill try the hotfixed version.

Edited by Adalon

Just a quick note to say thank you again, @shagu for making this, and for sharing it with us! I spent many an hour pulling out hair in classic - wotlk, trying to compile a UI that fulfilled my needs and looked good. Every update of the game was a royal pain in the arse. Outdated addons, addons that were no longer being updated by the creator, shit not where its supposed to be on the screen, a gazillion different commandos to remember and Lua errors galore. 

For me (casual play, leveling), pfui is EVERYTHING I need. All the good stuff, none of the trouble. I keep discovering things all the time that I just find so useful. I cannot thank you enough!

Noticing a lot of game errors (Access violation) whenever logging into a different character. Anyone else facing this problem? No new addons, just the regulars I've been using for yrs.

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program:    C:\WoW Vanilla\WoW.exe
Exception:    0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:007A2452

The instruction at "0x007A2452" referenced memory at "0x0C347FE8".
The memory could not be "read".

21 minutes ago, Walgrave said:

Noticing a lot of game errors (Access violation) whenever logging into a different character. Anyone else facing this problem? No new addons, just the regulars I've been using for yrs.

I've noticed this as well, thought it was only me tho

Posted (edited)

I run the game in "OpenGL" mode due to the fact that I use Linux. I never had this issue. Could you please tell me more about your system?

RAM / RAM for Addons
CPU
Graphic Card
Operating System

And of course, the exact moment on which the game crashes. Do you get out of the loading screen?

All I've found is a bluepost on the Blizzard forums, with the same ACCESS_VIOLATION code:
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2123456081#post-8

Here is someone who has this ACCESS_VIOLATION on exactly the same address:
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/13820-auction-house-crash-error-132/
Does this help?

@Roadblock Dear Mr. LUA-Guru, do you have any ideas regarding this?

Please feel free to PM me any informations you got.

Thanks in advance,

Shagu

Edited by shagu

Posted (edited)

plenty of time to iron out the issues with this addon before CF though. :) 

Edited by imbaslap

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, imbaslap said:

plenty of time to iron out the issues with this addon before CF though. :) 

Not sure if this is even an addon problem. All I can find around the web leads down to Windows Hotfixes, Sound Driver and Graphic Driver Updates.
(And of course, broken WDB folders.)

Edited by shagu

Posted (edited)

Problem is this is a generic error that can have a number of causes.

One thing you can do is get the crash.txt from World of Warcraft\Errors\ from someone that experienced the crash and shift through it for any mention of addons.

Especially the memory dump part. Seeing an addon name there is telling.

Apart from that there's a few things that can cause or worsen the problem (addons shouldn't be able to crash the client but that's never been 100%, Blizz has fixed a number of issues)

Some of the historical causes:

- Bad texture files (eg. not a power of 2)

- Some combinations of fontflags (eg outline with monochrome at one time) in conjuction with multibyte text for some elements (eg. asian names on nameplates)

- Bad texture or region creation code (infinite loops), same for scanning tooltips.

- Self-referencing saved variables leading to rapid saved variables growth, or hitting the WoW Lua table entry limit (2^18).

- Replacing global format strings with versions that violate regex engine tokens. (eg. replacing a format string that has %d and %s tokens with something that lacks them or re-orders them)

Unfortunately there's no easy way to tell which of these or even if it is one of these or something else. Bad fonts and / or bad textures is the first thing to check.

This and this are good reference posts for vetting your textures.

Reference to another table issue (not the table entries limit) instead table levels: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/190028-change-to-address-stack-overflow/

Edited by Roadblock

Posted (edited)

Well, I have downloaded v1.1.1. I can report back that it has fixed every font related issue other than the digital clock at the base of the minimap that is provided by the TimeManager addon.

However, there are new issues.

First and foremost, my left chat pane, the pane that I had dedicated to all means of communication, as I cover the right chat pane completely with 2 DPSMate windows, does not appear to be displaying any form of communication. Whether it be saying something, whispering, combat dialogue, system messages, add-on alerts. Absolutely nothing. I have included a screenshot below, along with it's weblink to illustrate this. You can see that I have all main communication channels selected.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/synesthesic/media/Left Chat Pane Not Working.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Left%20Chat%20Pane%20Not%20Working.jpg

Additionally, the text displayed in the left hand chat pane in the above image is upon immediately logging in. You can see by the below screenshot that it is different to the text that I was being met with when I logged in with the pre v1.0 release of pfUI. In the previous version, the text makes mention to all of my add-ons being successfully loaded and what-not. I have rolled back to the pre v1.0 release of pfUI and can confirm that the text that follows the white text from the above screenshot is all of my add-ons acknowledging that they are loaded and functioning correctly.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/synesthesic/media/WoW UI 29.12.16.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

WoW%20UI%2029.12.16.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/synesthesic/media/Addon Acknowledgment.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Addon%20Acknowledgment.jpg

Which leads me on to my next issue. A number of other add-ons have now disappeared with v1.0 and v1.1.1 and I can not get them to display on the UI again - even with their control panel. These add-ons are as follows.

My Vanilla Guide v1.04.2 window has disappeared. Pressing the key-binding to display and hide the window does not have any effect. The add-on does not display. You can see by the below screenshot that it was functioning correctly in the pre v1.0 release of pfUI. (Please disregard the other 3 arrows. I used a previous screenshot to simply display that Vanilla Guide was working in pre v1.0).

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/synesthesic/media/WoW UI 29.12.16.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

WoW%20UI%2029.12.16.jpg

My BananaBars Raid Icon add-on is also no longer displaying. Even when prompted to do so by its control panel.

Pre v1.0 release

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/synesthesic/media/BananaBars.jpg.html?filters[user]=116168195&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

BananaBars.jpg

Post v1.0 release

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/synesthesic/media/No Banana Bars_1.jpg.html

No%20Banana%20Bars_1.jpg[/URL]

Finally, the chat input function is acting rather strange, as well. It's not actually letting me press [ENTER] to input any text when it starts with a /

Some commands work, like /bb to bring up the BananaBars Raid Icon Control Panel. However, most others do not, such as /klh gui hide to hide the KTM Threat Meter.

I apologise for the bombardment that this post has become. I just thought you might like some feedback on what one of your UI user's is experiencing since v1.0's release. I have tried all means to solving these problems myself. I now look to you for help :)

I seriously hope I have provided enough information for you, Shagu. Thank you so much for your help thus far. 

I eagerly look forward to reading more of your brilliance!

Syn

Edited by Syn

Posted (edited)

Well... I went for a cigarette and had an epiphany. Deleting all the files from both the Saved Variables folder from the following locations --

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>\Nostalrius PVP\<Character Name>

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>

Booted up pfUI v1.1.1 and all addons mentioned in my above post along with the chat pane are working correctly.

That being said, I will need to configure my UI again. Does anyone know of a cleaner way to do this so that all addons and my chat pane function correctly without me having to set up my UI afresh every time? Are there specific filed from the 2 Saved Variables folders I should be deleting?

Thanks!

EDIT: It appears that the only files that need to be deleted from both Saved Variables folders are the pfUI related ones... My UI is exactly how I had it pre v1.0 and I just need to make some small adjustments to chat pane height now.

It's been a journey. Thank you for being there for me :D

Edited by Syn

10 hours ago, Walgrave said:

Would you mind uploading the entire error? Also, does this always happen when you change characters (and is therefore reproducible)? The more information you can give us, the easier it will be to find the cause of this.

3 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Problem is this is a generic error that can have a number of causes.

It's not that generic. If you look at the place it crashes with a debugger you'll very quickly find out that it happens in a place where the game validates the "this" table inside a Lua script. So for example

frame = CreateFrame("Frame")

frame:SetScript("OnEvent", function()

this.GetParent()

end)

This will cause the following error message to be shown:

Attempt to find 'this' in non-table object (used '.' instead of ':'?)

And the function in the client that is responsible for checking the "this.GetParent()" statement is the one crashing in this case. So it's actually pretty specific.

Now we need more information (like what other Addons he uses) to find out how this happens.

Cheers,

Ike

Keep up the good work! I must say I'm especially fond of the raid frames, and how you can rezise stuff.

Posted (edited)

@shagu Great UI! I have been messing around with it for many hours now. Sadly after thinking it was complete, my right chat disappeared while fishing! The window is still there, but the chat is gone and so is the text at the top I can click for settings. Any idea what might have caused this and how I can fix this?

af0c4ec372.png <- Chat still here on alt

af0c436505.png <- Chat gone! :(

Also tried fixing it by downloading the latest update you just posted, but sadly doesn't work.

Also worth noting that the window IS complete when I load pfUI on a new characer. Even when loading the same profile I use on that character.

Appreciate the hard work. Cheers!

Edit: Also, I noticed people having the addon buttons neatly on the side of the minimap window. Mine still go in a circle like they do with the basic WoW UI. Any idea how to do this?

af0c35d9eb.png

Again, much appreciated!

Edited by Koetjeboe
adding images

On 20-11-2016 at 5:09 PM, Renew said:

i made a KTM version in pfUI style, you can use this till shagu implent it into the UI, enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q6idlbeqevpt3h/KLHThreatMeter.zip?dl=0

4PcMvM3.jpg

Hi there @Renew, thanks for making this. I'm also using the SWStats one you did and it looks great with pfUI. But the KTM one is now solid black for some reason. Any way to change it to the seethrough one you have in this image? Cheers!

Posted (edited)

@Koetjeboe Hi, which version did you use when the chat window disappeared? because that should be fixed within 1.2.1.
If it disappeared on a version before 1.2, then you'll have to "Reset Firstrun" in your pfUI settings to get it back.
Regarding KTM, you should disable KTM from the "Thirdparty" Section, if you're already using a "themed" one :)

Cheers,
Shagu

Edited by shagu

2 minutes ago, shagu said:

@Koetjeboe Hi, which version did you use when the chat window disappeared? because that should be fixed within 1.2.1.
Regarding KTM, you should disable KTM from the "Thirdparty" Section, if you're already using a "themed" one :)

Cheers,
Shagu

Ah great, got the KTM thing fixed and it's now nice and seethrough! :-)

I downloaded the most recent version the 1st of january and used that one to set up my UI.

I updated it to 1.2.1 after the chat disappeared, but the update did not fix it sadly.

Appreciate the fast response btw!

Posted (edited)

Hey,

ive downloaded your addon today and i rly like it.

but ive one lil issue and i hope you can fix it/help me.

panel is a really cool idea but i cant resize it? so it cross my actionbar :( if i disable panel ive no buttons for guild, char etc.

8cfda53616.png

i saw on this pic. that there is a edit menu for posi? but i cant find it.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/af27dc92919c5ff54352ae5c78a2701e78314408/687474703a2f2f6d65706869732e68652d686f7374696e672e64652f73686167756164646f6e732f706655492f6d6d6f626173652f6d6f766569742e6a7067

Edited by Wishes

13 hours ago, Wishes said:

Hey,

ive downloaded your addon today and i rly like it.

but ive one lil issue and i hope you can fix it/help me.

panel is a really cool idea but i cant resize it? so it cross my actionbar :( if i disable panel ive no buttons for guild, char etc.

8cfda53616.png

i saw on this pic. that there is a edit menu for posi? but i cant find it.

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/af27dc92919c5ff54352ae5c78a2701e78314408/687474703a2f2f6d65706869732e68652d686f7374696e672e64652f73686167756164646f6e732f706655492f6d6d6f626173652f6d6f766569742e6a7067

Are you playing on a smaller resolution in windowed mode? The same thing happened to me when I did. Try windowed mode maximized, larger resolution, or non-windowed mode. 

On 3.1.2017 at 1:37 AM, Koetjeboe said:

Hi there @Renew, thanks for making this. I'm also using the SWStats one you did and it looks great with pfUI. But the KTM one is now solid black for some reason. Any way to change it to the seethrough one you have in this image? Cheers!

i use my own files, no connection to pfUI in the addon - idk why its solid, cant reproduce the bug :/

Posted (edited)

@Knight i try to change reso and window mode but it change nothing :(

this "bug" happend because i raise the size of buttons - but default size is far to small for me.

it would be helpful if there is an option to disable left and/or right side of the panel - and a option so set size of it.

if this would be possible i would disable both sides and let just the one under the minimap + menue and open my bags with hotkey :x

/edit it would be cool if it would be possible to change the position of chat (where it opens when i hit enter), because thats the reason why i disable it. i prefer to have it in the chat box.

Edited by Wishes

3 hours ago, Wishes said:

@Knight i try to change reso and window mode but it change nothing :(

this "bug" happend because i raise the size of buttons - but default size is far to small for me.

it would be helpful if there is an option to disable left and/or right side of the panel - and a option so set size of it.

if this would be possible i would disable both sides and let just the one under the minimap + menue and open my bags with hotkey :x

/edit it would be cool if it would be possible to change the position of chat (where it opens when i hit enter), because thats the reason why i disable it. i prefer to have it in the chat box.

You can drag the chat editbox from the center (where is the default position) to anywhere you like when you pick the Unlock option.

You might have to move the shapeshift bar a bit to notice it but it's there and draggable.

@Knight "Unlock" ! thats the option i looking for xD

but now ive a other problem - i can move everything but not the panel xD

d85416e771.png

as you can see at left/right bottom it is not highlighted, what is funny because the panel at minimap is moveable : /

if i can move the panel away i am satisfied

How do i change the minimap buttons to display around the square and not in circle ? Currently it`s displayed in circle and it`s overlaying on the minimap. Thanks

I noticed there's a way to enable click casting in the options but I don't really know how to go about using it.  Do I just hover my mouse over a party/raid member and smack my hotkey that would belong to a skill on my bar or is there something else?  I'm trying to get it so that I can hover over a party member and use taunt under the modifying of targeting whatever is targeting my party member so I can snap aggro off an overzealous dps or a healer that put out too many green numbers.